PC PES 2014 discussion thread

It has nothing to do with scripting. If you've set both your CD's to go up on corner it happens sometimes. It happens more often if the corner kicker is one of those who's supposed to stick back instead of the CD's. It's most likely a bug.

It has nothing to do with scripting. If you've set both your CD's to go up on corner it happens sometimes. It happens more often if the corner kicker is one of those who's supposed to stick back instead of the CD's. It's most likely a bug.

Well, it was definitely not something I set. I believe it happened because I subbed corner taker and game decided... To screw me up.

Doesn't matter. Sevilla after all did win yesterday xD.

Well, it was definitely not something I set. I believe it happened because I subbed corner taker and game decided... To screw me up.

Doesn't matter. Sevilla after all did win yesterday xD.

That's a bug. When both CB's goes forward to corners (they are set like that in your set piece tactics by PESedit, like they should). The problem is that Konami didn't program no one to compensate for them to go forward, like the full backs or a smaller player, etc.

That's something that we have to learn to live with it. Hope next year they fix those smaller bugs.

Im of the opinion that the patch is shit as well, but the game was shit before this patch. I'm not one to "just have a moan" - this years game just feels so strange to play, and is still bugged to hell, it's truly woeful this year, such a massive disappointment.

Im of the opinion that the patch is shit as well, but the game was shit before this patch. I'm not one to "just have a moan" - this years game just feels so strange to play, and is still bugged to hell, it's truly woeful this year, such a massive disappointment.
seems like you are one person who will never be pleased with anything no matter what.
Sucks to be you tho

you can never please some people. It's a game. Not real life. No football game is perfect. Not even PES 6 believe it or not. Through balls are definitely not broken. People complained pre patch because they were too easy to do. Now it's fixed and you have to actually use it in the right situation and people complain. Go figure

Just had another go with the new patch. Game feels a fair bit better but still is right for me. It still feels so clunky and clumsy. Player switching is horrible and player awareness is still poor. Shooting has gone from too soft to well overpowered.

Tried the 'other' game on PC too. It's amazing how polished and complete it feels. The presentation and atmosphere is amazing. The gameplay is still boring though.

Looks like a few more months without a football game for me :(

you can never please some people. It's a game. Not real life. No football game is perfect. Not even PES 6 believe it or not. Through balls are definitely not broken. People complained pre patch because they were too easy to do. Now it's fixed and you have to actually use it in the right situation and people complain. Go figure

Exactly!

Encouraging signs. I gave-up on 2014 a few months back, and I won't be re-installing it as I'm still loving 2013.

However I do hope that Konami can build on the improvements for 2015, and not balls-it up this time. I still can't understand why they removed some of the best working aspects of the 2013 formula.

It's Pro Evolution Soccer, no?

winning eleven online with team editor ? finally konami helps editing community

source : todowe twitter.
http://weo2014.hangame.com/index.nhn#

BmGZVMlCcAAYAf8.jpg:large

BmGbtu4CUAAZjiE.jpg:large

BmGdUS4CUAAB-UP.jpg:large

BmGbQNmCAAAQxEA.jpg:large

BmGaB9rCUAA3cY8.jpg:large

seems like you are one person who will never be pleased with anything no matter what.
Sucks to be you tho

Why be so judgmental ? I absolutely loved all the old PES games, and I did enjoy PES 2013 actually, although it also frustrated the fuck out of me. PES 2014 is a step backwards.

It doesnt suck to be me thanks, I just don't think Konami did a good job at all this year.

Just had another go with the new patch. Game feels a fair bit better but still is right for me. It still feels so clunky and clumsy. Player switching is horrible and player awareness is still poor. Shooting has gone from too soft to well overpowered.

Tried the 'other' game on PC too. It's amazing how polished and complete it feels. The presentation and atmosphere is amazing. The gameplay is still boring though.

Looks like a few more months without a football game for me :(

Maybe its me, and the games i watch ( I am Portuguese ) but real football is clunky and clumsy. ( i dont watch barcelona play only )

Player switching is something special ... try to look at it as " not the player nearer to the ball but as the teammate who is not marking another player ". If you look at it that way, you will understand better and also not allow cpu players to become free of marking.

Player awareness is fine, as long as you use the right stick on some cases. Also, player awereness seems to be a issue with real football, i wish my favorite Portuguese club ( FC Porto ) fixed player awareness and heart this whole year!

I guess people will be fine with shooting when ball speed is showed. Player can actually shoot at 100 plus Km/h

The problem with PES is that you have to work really hard and know how to play really well to make a completly fluid play or goal ( but they surelly are more than possible ).

The problem with the "other game" is that fluid play or goal is, well, ALWAYS! becoming unrealistic and boring.

I understand your problems, but try to play diferently and it will become another game. This is not a game that "old skool" pes players are "PRO's" right away...

We could be talking about tips and how to do certain things and how to play, but if you are just saying : "PES Is SHIT", moaning, or things like "I dont settle for mediocracy", really ... trying to make youself superior on a PES forum... you should set your life goals a little higher.

PES is not perfect, it has alot of bugs, but "the other game" and "older pes" dont even come close to the "evolution" of this year.

That's a bug. When both CB's goes forward to corners (they are set like that in your set piece tactics by PESedit, like they should). The problem is that Konami didn't program no one to compensate for them to go forward, like the full backs or a smaller player, etc.

That's something that we have to learn to live with it. Hope next year they fix those smaller bugs.

and this bug has been on PES for so many years ... I know pes 2013 had it, and i think PES 2012 had it too, but cannot remember for sure.

No, PES 2010 - 2013 didn't have that bug.

Yes they did ... going into set pieces, putting both CB's as going forward would result in completly dangerous counters from corners.

I know, i tried it , and i stopped doing it exactly for the same reason as the video in reference.

It was even worse, because every time the ball would go to the lone wolf in the middle and the cpu would win the ball and start a crazy counter.

HATED IT ! glad that thing disappeared in PES 2014

so they don't have right or left back coded to stay on defence if you select both CBs to go on set pieces? then where to they stand in such situations (right/left back)?

easy solution in that case would be to have just one CB selected to go on set pieces. patch makers could easy fix it in their OFs.

We could be talking about tips and how to do certain things and how to play, but if you are just saying : "PES Is SHIT", moaning, or things like "I dont settle for mediocracy", really ... trying to make youself superior on a PES forum... you should set your life goals a little higher.

:YAWN:

James what most moaners have not agreed to is that a lot of bugs were fixed.
There is some improvement new engine remember?. I think nfs rivals is even in a worse state than pes considering how good nfs 2012 was on pc

Sorry, I won't agree as I don't believe they were bugs in the first place, just poor design choices that will require a new game to put right.

Sorry, I won't agree as I don't believe they were bugs in the first place, just poor design choices that will require a new game to put right.

I hope this will stop at onces, i don´t wanna to read or listen fake news about pes 2015.
PES 2014 was the biggest insult for the KONAMI devs and i hope this fanboy fifa trolls, leave us alone.
I forget, it can be worse now, because is baby boss from EA Sports as been report a new Engine for FIFA 15 for PC?

Is that true, or is a nother fanboy troll push the red button again. :))

Why be so judgmental ? I absolutely loved all the old PES games, and I did enjoy PES 2013 actually, although it also frustrated the fuck out of me. PES 2014 is a step backwards.

It doesnt suck to be me thanks, I just don't think Konami did a good job at all this year.
I am sorry if i sounded rude and i knw konami have been stupid and unprofessional this year as always. I didnt enjoy pes 2013 particularly, i enjoyed pes 2012. I think it was the last fun game konami made although it was not particularly realistic.
I never thought a patch could do so much in a game, like this one has.It has made pes 2014 balanced, balance is needed to actually enjoy a football game for this reason I am happy.
I noticed new textures for player faces in the update as well as some new animations i guess the problem with the game all this while was the physics engine and it was toned down to improve the responsiveness in the game so clearly konami know what is wrong just try and see the good with the bad.

Yes they did ... going into set pieces, putting both CB's as going forward would result in completly dangerous counters from corners.

I know, i tried it , and i stopped doing it exactly for the same reason as the video in reference.

It was even worse, because every time the ball would go to the lone wolf in the middle and the cpu would win the ball and start a crazy counter.

HATED IT ! glad that thing disappeared in PES 2014
That's not true. I just tried it in PES 2013 and the midfielders stay back when the CBs go forward.

nope i do not agree what about players controlling the ball and magnetizing to it before any of the defenders ?

That's not true. I just tried it in PES 2013 and the midfielders stay back when the CBs go forward.

must have been some tactical mistake i did then, or maybe the cpu forward always winning the ball that made me stop using it.

Sorry then for the incorrect info, but i actually had some problems like that in corners in 2012(3).

must have been some tactical mistake i did then, or maybe the cpu forward always winning the ball that made me stop using it.

Sorry then for the incorrect info, but i actually had some problems like that in corners in 2012(3).
In PES 2012/2013 the "Corner Kicks bug" only happened when you set your two CB's to go forward and you are playing 19/20 attack/defence level on tactics (or you select players to go forward in set pieces : L:l2: + right stick if I'm not mistaken). Otherwise, you have a reasonable number of players in the back.
In PES 2014 it's just a bug. The Fullback from the side of the corner goes near the area (or the area if you have high attack level). There's no code to compensate the CB's going forward. That's different from previous years.

Back
Top Bottom