PC PES 2014 discussion thread

I cannot stop playing this game it keeps giving me that one more game feeling just awesome the superstar CPU AI is challenging and clinical dat is what i have been looking for

Mee too, i'm playing in medium difficult and yesterday i won the World Cup with Portugal 1-0 Mexico.

Mexico win 3-1 Against Germany on Semi-Final :SMUG:

1º Portugal
2º Mexico
3º Germany

-----------

4º Tunisia lose 3-1 with Germany

can someone please check what is the file version on original 1.12 exe file after 1.12 patch? is it 1.5.0.0 or 1.6.0.0?

just ORIGINAL exe after 1.12 patch, not "no dvd" ones.

I have 1.5.0.0

My main struggle with this game is defenders sometimes don´t respond as I wish they did. It gets a bit frustrating watching the CPU creating some obvious moves and I can´t do anything to prevent them. Maybe I´m just too used to we9le and need to change my mind on how to play this.

Last edited:
1.5.0.0 also.

Defend is bit different. You shouldn't press :x: when you are close to the opposition. They will just stand there doing nothing. Use the shoulder barge (right stick), double tab :x: or use the left stick without holding :x:.

Mine was after the update. Is from 15-04-2014. I had the previous jkgammer crack (1.07) don't know if that have an impact. I don't have the no-dvd since people are saying that is either fake (rld) or broken (jkgamer).

Very good patch. People who complained about long shots can be happy - even AI scores these. Game seems more fluid in general and... finally I can play it on a more realistic -1 speed without animation slugishness that was there before. Yeay!

Very good patch. People who complained about long shots can be happy - even AI scores these. Game seems more fluid in general and... finally I can play it on a more realistic -1 speed without animation slugishness that was there before. Yeay!

Overall, great patch especially in terms of reducing the sluggishness.. anyway, long shot for me no problem in 1.07, but ball physic for shooting feels light and like skyrocket now in 1.12, does it ?

Is it me or is the game just ridiculously easy since last patch. I am playing on pro and every shot I take in and around the box is a goal 90% of the time all the time

still a mistery it seems...

that's why i asked people who use ONLY ORIGINAL game and ORIGINAL .exe 1.12.
I'm using only the original exe and I haven't tried any of the No-DVDs. I can confirm it says version 1.5.0.0.

Overall, great patch especially in terms of reducing the sluggishness.. anyway, long shot for me no problem in 1.07, but ball physic for shooting feels light and like skyrocket now in 1.12, does it ?

Hmmm need to play more to say definitely. So far it looked okey for me.

Is updating this on steam just as simple as updating the DVD version?

Any answer for this?

What I mean is, is it simple installing the patch for steam versions or a pain etc, as I'm not sure how it works... or if steam themselves push the update through.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this new patch. Animations have been improved and they even added new ones, specially when dribbling. Now, players don't move like robots when you're not sprinting. I only wished dribbling accuracy would be more effective with players like Messi or Iniesta. It's easy to get past one player, but after that is pretty difficult to do it without sprinting.

Had this been the version of the game that we got back in October, it would have been such an amazing game, because the basis would have been really solid and the patches could have improved it a great deal.

I have still problems with stopping players that slow-dribble. Very hard to win the ball against them. Any advice?

I have still problems with stopping players that slow-dribble. Very hard to win the ball against them. Any advice?
I can't say I'm excellent at defending, but the moments when I'm decent are because of good jockeying/positioning. Always look to jockey close enough to be able to nick the ball away but not too close because more agile players will skin you easily.

The timing is very important as well. Don't rush into tackles very quickly, unless you're absolutely sure you'll get the ball - it's essential that all your players are in position, because the AI often manages to exploit this kind of defensive mistakes.

Try not press/hold :x: when they are like that. In this year, your defender will do nothing. Position yourself and double tap :x: or do the shoulder barge (right stick).

Back
Top Bottom