PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Fuck sake what is it with you. Been popping into threads all morning and your name keeps poppingbup trolling from thread to thread.

I played close to 6 hours yesterday..somethiNg I haven't done in a long time. Everytime trying to squeeze in one more game. Patch 1.10 on PS3 is immense and I cant wait to hear what the master race think

Trolling? Are you serious? So if one don't like the game and posts valid points it's called trolling... You're funny.

It's the fact KONAMI stopped in 2000s (sadly that's true for whole Japanese gaming industry - which was noted by top Japanese gaming developer CEO).

Have you played any game released in 2013? (can recommend Titanfall, Watch_Dogs). Mind you I have. KONAMI is YEARS away from touching that quality (even with glitchy moments, those are not game breakers). I don't care only about gameplay. That could be the saving grace when FIFA was PS2 port and was just plain shit with licenses. This won't cut it for me and lots of fans now. KONAMI wants to take some cake from FIFA and some of their fans back? Sorry, but people don't live in stone age anymore, so you need more than just gameplay to impress them.

In 2013 I can EXPECT better job both on and off the field, better communication with FANS and such. If you don't know what I mean, you have very shallow experience as a gamer. You are easily pleased with shallow game.

End of topic. Patch 1.12. would have to add a lot more to the game, but that won't happen (and if KONAMI released the game like it is in 1.10. patch people wouldn't have so many issues - but had to wait till 2014 for patch to get delivered and fix issues which were mentioned since forever, is quite unreal).

Then you have Adam and lack of communication with fans, even if asked, he only seems to answer questions he can answer to possitively. You won't hear negative thing from him. It's always: "I will see what I can do, will try to ask team about that, etc."

Seriously... That's not how to run business in this time and age.

@temporaomores I have an ati/amd, a shitty one, and I can run the game at max, without AA, and I don't get any stuttering. I should check your pc.

I don't have any stuttering... I run it on max with AA and AF.

What I meant, when you look at pitch/player models you can see jagged edges, the texture quality is not crisp, the lines on pitch look blurry. This should NOT happen with AA/AF on.

We do need revamped Settings for next year release. It's just funny to force AA and see the crowd disappear because... The code is bugged (RadIT solves the issue with disappearing crowd).

Ok, tought you were talking about that. The video that you showed look to have frame rate drops. This games was poorly optimized for PC, no doubt about that.

I don't think it was optimised for pc AT ALL!

The almost complete lack of graphics options is testament to that.

Agreed, they are more concentrated on the TV Shows, advertising, and green money. If was not PS3 and XBOX360, they are been screwed.
And a guy tells us on the message news, KONAMI with no licenced cups and teams, we can able to get the greatest soccer game.
Europe workers are teaching the japanese people.
How to care about PC users next year?
Answer is... Work.

Last edited:
I don't think it was optimised for pc AT ALL!

The almost complete lack of graphics options is testament to that.

There are no graphics options, not there will be in the future. Too small a market for them to give a rat's ass about, unfortunately.

What was I talking is PES 2013 run very smoothly and everything well optimazed. This year, a different story. Cutscenes are poorly done. Replay take forever to fast foward. Crowds have more animations and colour, but are all blur out. I still get glitches on cutscenes, especially on the nets.

But that's the smallest of my concerns. Tomorrow we will see what the gameplay improvements have to give us.

There are no graphics options, not there will be in the future. Too small a market for them to give a rat's ass about, unfortunately.

What was I talking is PES 2013 run very smoothly and everything well optimazed. This year, a different story. Cutscenes are poorly done. Replay take forever to fast foward. Crowds have more animations and colour, but are all blur out. I still get glitches on cutscenes, especially on the nets.

But that's the smallest of my concerns. Tomorrow we will see what the gameplay improvements have to give us.

I opened all objects game for the PC and slipped on my bed, to be blessed by Jesus on the compass. I even left the door open for PES 2014 be blessed, I put the game open on my PC. This year is all cursed. :JAY:
Let's see if this patch 1.12 is finally over our sadness.
I just play pes one time on each patch only this year.

Update: The Patch will be released planned between 06:00-09:00 UTC.

So here is a image from 06:00 UTC.

Timezones2008_UTC-6.png

Portugal 0:30am or 12:30pm. :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, you portuguese? Guess we´ll have to wait untill mid day to see if we have some kind of miracle this year. Frankly, I don´t believe that much but i still have hope to see good improvements.

Then you have Adam and lack of communication with fans, even if asked, he only seems to answer questions he can answer to possitively. You won't hear negative thing from him. It's always: "I will see what I can do, will try to ask team about that, etc."

Seriously... That's not how to run business in this time and age.

Of course he will say that he will see what he can do. It is the right thing to say as he's not in a position to take important decisions for the company. He can only influence things. And he's a spokesperson for PES and as such, he can't negativly critize his own product without losing his job. That's up to us. We spread the word about the game and for next year it's a Mount Everest for Konami to climb anyhow.

Oh lord, it's an entirely different game now. Players are much more agile when dribbling with the left stick only, but sprinting seems to be toned down. Through balls are extremely ineffective.

I also noticed that KONAMI reduced the resolution of the player models in the pre-match screen. It looks absolutely horrendous.

http://i59.tinypic.com/dexma9.png

pes 14 for pc version 1.07 data pack 4.1

having problems making pes 14 run on high settings. as seen with my settings pic everything is good and i have but my settings on 1600x800 high display, but as soon as i start the game it reverts back to low settings and i am stuck playng on low 1233x890 settings, even though i have pre put the settings i want to play on. I have already tried nvidia control panel to force pes 14 to choose the nvidia graphics card instead of the intel hd4000, it does but still low settings when i start pes 14 up. I have already tried file laoder with no avial and re installed pes a bunch of time, please help have no idea what to do now.

pes

Last edited:
Well, game is indeed diferent, for better. But still lacks that magical touch PES had years ago. Good improvement though.

Very first impressions of the Patch 1.12

- Player movement is widely improved. You can now make small feints with only the left stick. And choose which feet you will use. Pretty cool.

- Player responsiveness look improved as well, but not too much.

- Shooting is miles better. Both power and placement are far superior compared to pre-patch.

- It's easier to defend because the defensive responsiveness is much better, although the CPU presents a much bigger challenge.

- Goalkeepers seemed improved. Better position, they move their feet after a shoot to go for tough balls. More variety of animations are used, and the right one are normally chosen. Didn't test yet: the "Near post bug"; or bad position when they come out of goal when you press :triangle:.

- CPU IA is much better.
- Defensively: they cover much more ground and seemed to understand what you are try to do. Much better positioning.
- Offensively: they keep possession, don't only play that direct attack style we seen before (for the first time, lost the possession battle playing with Barcelona). They use more skills to avoid you and pass the ball among teammates. Just lovely too Ibrahimovic avoid 4 of my defenders and pass the ball to the other side of the pitch.
- Shooting: they use better decision making, and if given the opportunity will shoot, instead of just running against your keeper, or shooting for the near post.

- Corner kicks are widely improved. Players move around much more after the kick. Don’t just stand there waiting for the ball.

- Collisions are improved. More variety on animations. Player falling to the ground more often. Aerial battles are more realistic, players fall to the ground and losing their balance after clashes.

- Refs are still pretty much horrible, although was a slight improvement. They simple don't recognize challenges unless the CPU uses double tap :x: or sliding tackle.

- Trough ball looks horrible after patch. The ball always goes to the player instead of the space when you choose to do so. Even on 1-bar passing like I use. This is pretty annoying. And because the CPU defence is much better, you tend to really on feints and such. Need to give another go to see if I need to use a different technique or more power on trough ball.

- Teammates IA on offense are still the same. They barely move in search of space. Makes the game sometimes a bit frustrating.

Last edited:
Still same Beta version of game after the patch. Barely nothing changed just shooting. I dont know what Konami will do to make pes 2015 good game, because after all patches Pes 2014 is still not enjoyable.

Cannot disagree with you more. For me, it almost feels like a new game for the amount of changes and improvements. Really enjoying the new patch, except for trough balls.

Cannot disagree with you more. For me, it almost feels like a new game for the amount of changes and improvements. Really enjoying the new patch, except for trough balls.

For me the game is messed up. Passing is horrible, AI is retarted. Im upset why i buy Pes 2014, it just have no soul and feeling then you control a team. Im done with Pes series dont give money anymore for their products.

I said it once a long time ago and say it again. I hate how companies brought the "full manual" control on passing and shooting. It just doesn´t make sense at all. The most enjoyable PES ever had automatic system and it worked so great. We never knew what was going to happen. Now manual passing its like it doesn´t matter with wich player your passing with. If we go for assisted passing, then possession rates are out of this world. AI CPU can´t keep possession no matter what. I´m sorry but I can´t enjoy manual system, ball physics just don´t seem right on passing.
Gonna give a few more attempts though.

Back
Top Bottom