PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Very first impressions of the Patch 1.12

- Player responsiveness look improved as well, but not too much.

It's only this i can tell, the rest is fine with no Bugs.
The graphics continue with pixelation in a few moments, and that only Jenkey can remove it.
We need a good no-dvd version if we wanna so badly the version working well.
The latest no-dvd version from jenkey don´t even read all the DLC's pack on the option ingame. :))

Easy i won Porto 4-0 Benfica.
Medium i won Porto 3-0 Benfica.

- Player movement is widely improved. You can now make small feints with only the left stick. And choose which feet you will use. Pretty cool.

- Shooting is miles better. Both power and placement are far superior compared to pre-patch.

- It's easier to defend because the defensive responsiveness is much better, although the CPU presents a much bigger challenge.

- Goalkeepers seemed improved. Better position, they move their feet after a shoot to go for tough balls. More variety of animations are used, and the right one are normally chosen. Didn't test yet: the "Near post bug"; or bad position when they come out of goal when you press :triangle:.

- CPU IA is much better.
- Defensively: they cover much more ground and seemed to understand what you are try to do. Much better positioning.
- Offensively: they keep possession, don't only play that direct attack style we seen before (for the first time, lost the possession battle playing with Barcelona). They use more skills to avoid you and pass the ball among teammates. Just lovely too Ibrahimovic avoid 4 of my defenders and pass the ball to the other side of the pitch.
- Shooting: they use better decision making, and if given the opportunity will shoot, instead of just running against your keeper, or shooting for the near post.

- Corner kicks are widely improved. Players move around much more after the kick. Don’t just stand there waiting for the ball.

- Collisions are improved. More variety on animations. Player falling to the ground more often. Aerial battles are more realistic, players fall to the ground and losing their balance after clashes.

- Refs are still pretty much horrible, although was a slight improvement. They simple don't recognize challenges unless the CPU uses double tap :x: or sliding tackle.

- Trough ball looks horrible after patch. The ball always goes to the player instead of the space when you choose to do so. Even on 1-bar passing like I use. This is pretty annoying. And because the CPU defence is much better, you tend to really on feints and such. Need to give another go to see if I need to use a different technique or more power on trough ball.

- Teammates IA on offense are still the same. They barely move in search of space. Makes the game sometimes a bit frustrating.

if half of this notes are true, i would be pleased :SMUG:

What I can say is,better CPU positioning, I mean way better, wich is good. No more killer through lob balls, but to say they are horrible its too much. Shooting is improved but exagerated, everyone can shoot with danger from anywhere. Just not real. There are still some moments where players, including CPU, don´t react as they should, but overall, that´s also improved. On Superstar, AI is too effective, almost like every shot on goal its there. I ended up a Euro Cup match against Russia, playing with Portugal, where I had 68% possession :YAWN:, 14 shots on goal, and 7 corners. Final result: 0:2 for Russia, with 2 shots on goal. Had some pretty good moments in the match though, but overall, its still feeling kinda boring.

with no reason in mind to praise Konami ,after 4 matches of MLO I must say that this update is really amazing.
More responsive, shots are stronger, cursor changing and more acurrate ...it really feels like a whole different game.
Only thing that reminds me of 1.00-1.07 pes2014 is when you catch an online player with very bad connection...

Especially for Evo-Web.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | 1.12. Patch + DP5 | Atletico Madrid vs AC Milan | HD

I didn't expect much from final patch, but damn, I must admit it surprised me.

If you don't wanna watch above video here is what I think they did right:

-crosses do feel hell a lot better
-player responsiveness is better. Uncomparable to 1.07.
-MASS seems to use more animations
-player runs are now working like they should (ie. if attacker sees open space he will try to exploit it for pass - nice :D)
-shots are stronger and can be hit from 30 yards. However, it goes for anyone, something to take look into for next PES.

Some annoyances, not game breakers, but to do for next PES gameplay wise:

-CPU AI doesn't seem to be very active in attack. Looks passive on Pro difficulty. If you take a look at FIFA they got rid of this problem with 14. Pro Evo can do it too.
-Goalkeepers even though improved, still need complete rework animations wise.
-through balls seem to move too close to defenders and are easily intercepted in final 3rd (someone noticed that already I believe).
-sometimes the player awareness is not reacting to where ball is leading to ball going out even though the player could make run to save it :LOL:.
-referees need a kick up the ass. They are like zombies... Not calling obvious foul plays and calling for clear tackles... WTF.

That's it. Much less than I expected. They have solid core now, let's see if they will build on this and concentrate on other aspects (like ML/Online modes).

Hey guys i have downloaded the update and installed it but when i check data version it still says 1.07. 3.00 ? How do i install in correctly? It's been so long since i played this.

Just played a few more matches. The through ball is awful on 1-bar assist. Always goes to the feet of the player instead of the space. The pass lacks speed, is even slower than the short pass. But on 2-bar assist is normal, almost like it was before, just a bit tone down. It seems to be some kind of bug/glitch. Has anyone experienced this or its just me?

Right stick is a lot tone down, for the best. With a good movement with the left stick, the right like it was before would completely overpower the game.

Gk's are awesome. Not a single screw up, stupid mistake so far. Not a single animation like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbM0NI1JtEY), that occurred every 5 games or so. Also liked that the GK's launching themselves even if they haven't any change to get to the ball.

Overall seems like a great game.

Should add this to my post above post.

To do list:

-get back the old player switching. Can't be serious with this release button - switch player nonsense. I want it backwards. I press it switches. It was working fine. Och and move player switching to right analogue stick without pressing additional buttons.

-graphics got worse in pre-match selection screen on PC post patch, but that's a given it will be improved in PES 2015 .

Goalkeepers are not great on lower than Superstar/Top player difficulty. It's like they are difficulty scaled and that's NOT good. They are not making runs for through balls even when they have time on Professional difficulty, they seem to react slow at times to shots, but hey the core mechanics are definitely way better than they were before!

GKs need complete rework from ground up. Hopefully we will see the massive changes to them in PES 2015...

To the guy asking about patch it should read: 1.12. and 5.0. Check my video above ;).

Does anybody know how to stop it from changing cursor automatically? I have it set to semi-assisted but it still changes when I am not in possession of the ball.

Does anybody know how to stop it from changing cursor automatically? I have it set to semi-assisted but it still changes when I am not in possession of the ball.

Sadly it will do so even if set to semi-auto.

I wish they had system like FIFA one has. It won't switch to player without user input in defense, but will switch to player on attack. Perfect ;).

oh mate, I hate the semi-assisted mode, I wish they'd change unassisted back to how it used to be in the old days, where the cursor wouldnt change unless the ball actually landed at the foot of the player, I hate where you have to keep tapping L1 to do it when trying to use unassisted mode...

It was perfect in 2013. I could let my team-mates pressure the cpu while tracking runners with a single player but now it just switches randomly to one of my defenders closest to the ball. So annoying considering it says in the descriptions that the cursor only changes in attack when set to semi-assisted :(

Just played three games, and it's so much better. Had they released this, so many more people would be playing. The shooting is a little strong, the through balls are a little weird, the reffing is Ovreboish, and player switching is a mess. Otherwise, an excellent football game. The AI should be a bit more aware. They have a solid gameplay core. If now they add a solid Stamina system, a good transfer system, a better way to determine form and realistic regen model, we are unto a winner.

Very surprised with it to be honest.

- Player movement is widely improved. You can now make small feints with only the left stick. And choose which feet you will use. Pretty cool.

- Shooting is miles better. Both power and placement are far superior compared to pre-patch.

- It's easier to defend because the defensive responsiveness is much better, although the CPU presents a much bigger challenge.

- Goalkeepers seemed improved. Better position, they move their feet after a shoot to go for tough balls. More variety of animations are used, and the right one are normally chosen. Didn't test yet: the "Near post bug"; or bad position when they come out of goal when you press :triangle:.

- CPU IA is much better.
- Defensively: they cover much more ground and seemed to understand what you are try to do. Much better positioning.
- Offensively: they keep possession, don't only play that direct attack style we seen before (for the first time, lost the possession battle playing with Barcelona). They use more skills to avoid you and pass the ball among teammates. Just lovely too Ibrahimovic avoid 4 of my defenders and pass the ball to the other side of the pitch.
- Shooting: they use better decision making, and if given the opportunity will shoot, instead of just running against your keeper, or shooting for the near post.

- Corner kicks are widely improved. Players move around much more after the kick. Don’t just stand there waiting for the ball.

- Collisions are improved. More variety on animations. Player falling to the ground more often. Aerial battles are more realistic, players fall to the ground and losing their balance after clashes.

- Refs are still pretty much horrible, although was a slight improvement. They simple don't recognize challenges unless the CPU uses double tap :x: or sliding tackle.

- Trough ball looks horrible after patch. The ball always goes to the player instead of the space when you choose to do so. Even on 1-bar passing like I use. This is pretty annoying. And because the CPU defence is much better, you tend to really on feints and such. Need to give another go to see if I need to use a different technique or more power on trough ball.

- Teammates IA on offense are still the same. They barely move in search of space. Makes the game sometimes a bit frustrating.

just played some games and adding to the things you said :

* lovely jump and falling into the ground for headers... think i never saw that "event" before :)

* huge, but really huge stamina improvement : got some players with no stamina at all at the end of the game. previouslly , they were still at mid bar.

* substitutions, seem to be missing on 1.07 on exhibition ...are now back.

* situations look more livelly as corners and fights for the ball ( proper use of right stick vital to this )

* for the first time, cpu had more possession than me at half time.

also, this is tooo early to tell, but i dont think i noticed the classic little cheats of cpu scoring.

myself, i think its a tad too fast and too easy to turn now. makes position and movement mistakes easylly fixable.

What i disagree with the quote:

* through ball is no issue on manual: I actually just scored a goal with a through ball. ( didnt test on assisted so maybe not disagree )

* teammates search for space lot of times... very good, i play with chelsea, and i have hazard, willian, oscar, torres always trying to escape !

if you like and know how to play pes2014 before, its a patch to really love and make this feel like its a good game!

So the general consensus is this update is worth the download?

Fuck yeah :)

just played some games and adding to the things you said :

* lovely jump and falling into the ground for headers... think i never saw that "event" before :)

* huge, but really huge stamina improvement : got some players with no stamina at all at the end of the game. previouslly , they were still at mid bar.

* substitutions, seem to be missing on 1.07 on exhibition ...are now back.

* situations look more livelly as corners and fights for the ball ( proper use of right stick vital to this )

* for the first time, cpu had more possession than me at half time.

also, this is tooo early to tell, but i dont think i noticed the classic little cheats of cpu scoring.

myself, i think its a tad too fast and too easy to turn now. makes position and movement mistakes easylly fixable.

What i disagree with the quote:

* through ball is no issue on manual: I actually just scored a goal with a through ball. ( didnt test on assisted so maybe not disagree )

* teammates search for space lot of times... very good, i play with chelsea, and i have hazard, willian, oscar, torres always trying to escape !

if you like and know how to play pes2014 before, its a patch to really love and make this feel like its a good game!

Stamina and subs are much better there now.

- Turning seems too easy, but as soon as you hit the sprint button you feel the restrictiveness. And without sprinting the defend will be "glued" to you, and it makes going forward very hard, especially since the CPU closes most of your passing lanes. So IMO it's a nice balance, at least for now.

- Teammates searching for space depend on the tactics. Chelsea plays counter-attack so they go very fast forward and change position quite a bite. But if you play with a possession team, e.g. Barcelona, they take so much time to move from their original spot that it's so frustrating and make you pass the ball back or go into individual action. It's better than pre-patch. But still I think there's space for improvement there.

- Through balls on manual are fine. On 2-bar they are also normal. But for some reason on 1-bar it's just dreadful. Maybe it's just me, but it's really really bad.

- Also, people on consoles were complaining of an extra difficulty against the CPU. I don't feel that. They are far more challenging, but with patience, the right use of tactics and understanding of the opposition strengths and weaknesses you can win most games. Although, I'm struggling to win by more than 2 goals, even against the weakest sides.

- PS: I play superstar so my experience maybe different than players that play on lower difficulties.

Fuck yeah :)

Stamina and subs are much better there now.

- Turning seems too easy, but as soon as you hit the sprint button you feel the restrictiveness. And without sprinting the defend will be "glued" to you, and it makes going forward very hard, especially since the CPU closes most of your passing lanes. So IMO it's a nice balance, at least for now.

- Teammates searching for space depend on the tactics. Chelsea plays counter-attack so they go very fast forward and change position quite a bite. But if you play with a possession team, e.g. Barcelona, they take so much time to move from their original spot that it's so frustrating and make you pass the ball back or go into individual action. It's better than pre-patch. But still I think there's space for improvement there.

- Through balls on manual are fine. On 2-bar they are also normal. But for some reason on 1-bar it's just dreadful. Maybe it's just me, but it's really really bad.

- Also, people on consoles were complaining of an extra difficulty against the CPU. I don't feel that. They are far more challenging, but with patience, the right use of tactics and understanding of the opposition strengths and weaknesses you can win most games. Although, I'm struggling to win by more than 2 goals, even against the weakest sides.

- PS: I play superstar so my experience maybe different than players that play on lower difficulties.

About the chelsea tactics , sorry but my tactics have none of the default. They are completly customized and I am always tweaking them. Maybe i have something setted up right.

About the CPU difficulty, i think they are way better but more fair. ( dunno if i can explain it right, feels less cheating ).

First game with the patch i won 2-0 against Parma and then loss 0-1 against Roma. I play on top player, not superstar.

Patience and marking/tactics are everything in this PES. When i am doing lots of fast sprintings and feints (playing like if its a computer game)... the cpu tells me that i am playing badly.

About the chelsea tactics , sorry but my tactics have none of the default. They are completly customized and I am always tweaking them. Maybe i have something setted up right.

About the CPU difficulty, i think they are way better but more fair. ( dunno if i can explain it right, feels less cheating ).

First game with the patch i won 2-0 against Parma and then loss 0-1 against Roma. I play on top player, not superstar.

Patience and marking/tactics are everything in this PES. When i am doing lots of fast sprintings and feints (playing like if its a computer game)... the cpu tells me that i am playing badly.

The IA improvement is so great that they clearly tone down the cheating codes. It's so much better and less frustrating. Have the same feeling than you.

That's the thing about PES 2014 that I just love. the tactical aspect is really great. Sometimes you don't notice while playing, but tweaking the sliders, setting your lineup the correct way makes all the difference.

Ok now, still some things bothering me. But for sure there are some improvements here. I just played a cup game against Finland, where in the first half, I scored and then they outpossessed me 68%!!!!:CONFUSE:

Top player, 2 bar assist...

Yeah, but i can't feel the fatigue on my players. Even if a player have zero stamina, he can sprint tirelessly. KONAMI have to fix it.

Whats a good patch for this?
There no patches supporting the latest version yet, it only came out today. :D

But next week the German guys will release their new update of their PesGalaxy patch, you can check their thread in the patches section.

ugh, not impressed, this game is still so frustrating, and feels so weird to play, is it just me that feels like the speed fluctuates a lot with general dribbling? the animations are really odd, they seem to speed up and slow down a lot, I'm also still getting button lag, and the player switching problems of old. Just an immensly frustrating game, the dribbling just feels so odd to me.

Hoping for the best with PES2015..

I cannot stop playing this game it keeps giving me that one more game feeling just awesome the superstar CPU AI is challenging and clinical dat is what i have been looking for

I just really hope for one last patch that fixes the obvious bugs in the game. The endless stamina, ML youth players with huge stats etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom