PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Hate being spoken to like I'm a PES hater or something, I'm not, but Konami have been poor for years :( I'm tired of the constant failed promises.

How many years are we told that they will fix multiplayer, for example?

I'm positive about this new european studio though, I really hope the best for the series, but Konami's actions again & again frustrate me.

I hope this will stop at onces, i don´t wanna to read or listen fake news about pes 2015.
PES 2014 was the biggest insult for the KONAMI devs and i hope this fanboy fifa trolls, leave us alone.
I forget, it can be worse now, because is baby boss from EA Sports as been report a new Engine for FIFA 15 for PC?

Is that true, or is a nother fanboy troll push the red button again. :))

I dont think PES 2014 was the biggest insult for KONAMI devs. Check old posts from evo. Ever since ... PES 2008 , KONAMI as been insulted and insulted and insulted.

There were years were PES really sucked ( 2008 ... 2009 ) where the insulting stayed.

On most years, when PES 2011 was release, it was a piece of sh*t, then came PES 2012 , and then PES 2011 was perfect , why did they destroy it.

same for 2012 and now PES 2013 is perfect , PES 2014 sucks.

I really like PES 2014 , really ! I cannot stop playing, the last pes to be so much addictive to me was winning eleven 2007 LE jap. version.

The first versions were really crappy, with lag input and very slow. Now PES 2014 runs on my PC as well as 2013 and previous.

There were a complete change of engine and gameplay. And although it was crappy of KONAMI to release the game in such bad state, i give then kudos for the patches that really do improve the game.

I like the gameplay os 2014, the clumsy and caos , the confusion , the difficulty, the heavy inertia. But I understand i am a different crowd than the "normal" player. I actually like to have to play with patience, to not always being on attack, to really have to discover ways to break the defence.

well... to each its own. I know "The other game" is the most selled soccer game, and most people swear by it as the best game, but i cannot for the life of me like it.

I wont say "The other game" is sh*t , as nor is PES sh*t.

But then again, people just like to call sh*t to things and other peoples work.

Hate being spoken to like I'm a PES hater or something, I'm not, but Konami have been poor for years :( I'm tired of the constant failed promises.

I'm positive about this new european studio though, I really hope the best for the series, but Konami's actions again & again frustrate me.

+1

This. As arrogant as it may sound. It's a simple comparison of what the game is, what it used to be and what it could be if Konami didn't miss every shot this gen.

It does sound arrogant, although some truth in it ( some parts of the game are even barelly mediocre ).

But i dont think it missed every shot.

It took me a whole year playing "The other game" 11 to realise and come back to PES for good.

And just went into "The other game" thread... just notice suuuuper(s) problem with "The other game".

I myself play speed -2 ( played -1 before latest patch ), close cam, now trying to play with napoli ( feels much harder than to play with chelsea ) and loving it. And if not for my GF, i guess i would be all day playing PES.

I am not trying to defend PES into "its a perfect game", but i guess some of the problems is due to way of playing and/or new controls. ( i remember i myself got really frustrated with this game before the "click" )

Could we try to discuss problems and solutions, not only "it is sh*t" ? that is what i propose.

Also, as a programmer, i understand the difficulty of making a game like this. Its way way way way easier to do presentations and mindless pretty celebrations than it is to do a balanced gameplay and AI. Really.. its not that easy to release a game that pleases everyone.

Offtopic : Anderson, FC Porto fan also ? dont you find the clumky, clumbsy, lack of awereness realistic with our team's performance this season ? :)

@Offtopic: Absolutely. And felt exactly the same way in relation to our season. And I equally predicted it before the inter break as well (knew for sure we would end up on 3rd place.).

Reading KONAMI's words the European studio will be used for Football Content,european cultural atmosphere and such. It seems like no European developer will work directly on Pes 2015.
Like you said a huge problem of the game is multiplayer. That is something that has always been poor in Pes.

I dont think PES 2014 was the biggest insult for KONAMI devs. Check old posts from evo. Ever since ... PES 2008 , KONAMI as been insulted and insulted and insulted.

There were years were PES really sucked ( 2008 ... 2009 ) where the insulting stayed.

On most years, when PES 2011 was release, it was a piece of sh*t, then came PES 2012 , and then PES 2011 was perfect , why did they destroy it.

same for 2012 and now PES 2013 is perfect , PES 2014 sucks.

I really like PES 2014 , really ! I cannot stop playing, the last pes to be so much addictive to me was winning eleven 2007 LE jap. version.

The first versions were really crappy, with lag input and very slow. Now PES 2014 runs on my PC as well as 2013 and previous.

There were a complete change of engine and gameplay. And although it was crappy of KONAMI to release the game in such bad state, i give then kudos for the patches that really do improve the game.

I like the gameplay os 2014, the clumsy and caos , the confusion , the difficulty, the heavy inertia. But I understand i am a different crowd than the "normal" player. I actually like to have to play with patience, to not always being on attack, to really have to discover ways to break the defence.

well... to each its own. I know "The other game" is the most selled soccer game, and most people swear by it as the best game, but i cannot for the life of me like it.

I wont say "The other game" is sh*t , as nor is PES sh*t.

But then again, people just like to call sh*t to things and other peoples work.

Hey pal, i was talking about the fake brasilian fórums upthere when konami tell us to not read.

I know I'm not the greatest player, but the cpu scores on most shot attempts against me. The human gk I am seeing in my games is awful. They always seem to react late with lame half dive animations that don't make sense.

I have to be doing something wrong. Any tips? Are those using file loader lowering shot power?

the biggest downfall of this new 1.12 patch are 3 things:

1. all shots go directly at goal, which is so unreal;

2. all shots by any player are strong in any occasion and body/foot position;

3. for me, playing against CPU seems easier than with 1.04 and 1.06;

The shooting and keepers are the main things holding it back, there needs to be much more variation, stats and balance don't seem to matter much. Goal keepers are still bad stay on their line too much and need more animations when saving.

thanks, but how did you put new adboards and carpet cams?

which pack and method did you use? i tried hicksville .cpk pack and it doesn't work.

i use File Loader to put hicksville files into the game, both adboards and carpet cams.
as i remember, it has file loader version in hicksville's file.
if it's not, just download the cpk file and open it with Jenkey's File Explorer > export all files > put it into file loader > Done!

U use faceloader with the patch and it doesnt crash?

it seems 1.0.2.9 has some stability issues, the game crashs randomly but not so often.
if your game freeze before kick-off, try to remove speeder.dll from pes2014.ini or delete speeder.dll, it will work.

Last edited:
the biggest downfall of this new 1.12 patch are 3 things:

1. all shots go directly at goal, which is so unreal;

2. all shots by any player are strong in any occasion and body/foot position;

These two. After playing more I can say shooting is much worse than in earlier versions. Very dissapointing. I hope KONAMI brings it back to how it was before.

Do others have an issue with the GK's being too slow to react to shots?

I like alot about the latest patch except for this issue. I saved some goal replays yesterday, and they don't move until a second or two after the shot is taken. It is not an issue of being shielded, as I have had 1 v 1 where I shot from the edge of the box and they have a clear view, they just react way too late.

I usually play on Regular or Professional level. Perhaps it is better on the higher levels.

I'm wondering if it has to do with certain tools or patches being used? Does anyone playing with this patch have the same issue or have the GK's been good for you?

Do others have an issue with the GK's being too slow to react to shots?

I like alot about the latest patch except for this issue. I saved some goal replays yesterday, and they don't move until a second or two after the shot is taken. It is not an issue of being shielded, as I have had 1 v 1 where I shot from the edge of the box and they have a clear view, they just react way too late.

I usually play on Regular or Professional level. Perhaps it is better on the higher levels.

I'm wondering if it has to do with certain tools or patches being used? Does anyone playing with this patch have the same issue or have the GK's been good for you?

yes I noticed it too in top player level ( pc version and xbox360 version) very annoying

yes I noticed it too in top player level ( pc version and xbox360 version) very annoying

That's not exactly true. Did a test with Juventus vs Benfica in EL mode.

However, instead of doing Random/Random for Form/Motivation I left Form on Random, but Motivation on Normal (for Juventus) and Excellent (for Benfica).

You should watch the video below to see how Motivation impacts player performance including GK... Och and Motivation has quite huge impact on player responsiveness and paradoxally Stats (low motivation means stats drop - and that's easy thing to drop after AI/You score goal :().

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | PESEdit 4.2 | Europe League 2013/2014 Juventus vs SL Benfica | HD

The saves... The greatness... The joy, the tears (oh I want to slap the monitor at times due to how BADLY scripted the events are, like Pirlo who can't pass 5 meters away without pass getting intercepted or Llorente losing ball to absolute midget after tackle... :LOL:). But damn this is again FUN game to play with less frustration all over the place.

One thing I don't get why KONAMI messed up this year. Through balls. They are always GOING towards defender feet. Fire through ball instead it going to receiver, receiver starts running behind defender and ball ends on defender interception. Maybe it's mixed with BAD teammate AI runs making ability. You can observe this in vid too. Tried many through balls in final quarter after all.

Last edited:
Are either of you using the latest file loader? I read someone saying that it may be doing negative something to the AI.

The goal scored by Tevez, around the 6:00 min mark in the video above is what I am referring to. On one angle is looks ok, but mostly seems awful because the reaction time is similar to a 90 year old person.

The ball can clearly be seen. Keeper should react and save these. I've also seen very slow reactions by GK's in other situations.

The game is fun again, but this is a problem.

is there now afer the PC patch any possibility (nvidia settings) to get the replays and cutscenes smooth like PES2013 ???

ive a i5 2500k @ 4600 MhZ, GTX 580, and 8 GB ram 1866 Mhz and its still laggy :RANT:

is there now afer the PC patch any possibility (nvidia settings) to get the replays and cutscenes smooth like PES2013 ???

ive a i5 2500k @ 4600 MhZ, GTX 580, and 8 GB ram 1866 Mhz and its still laggy :RANT:

no, again they didn't fix that. whole season they cannot/won't fix it.

Back
Top Bottom