PC PES 2014 discussion thread

Do others have an issue with the GK's being too slow to react to shots?

I like alot about the latest patch except for this issue. I saved some goal replays yesterday, and they don't move until a second or two after the shot is taken. It is not an issue of being shielded, as I have had 1 v 1 where I shot from the edge of the box and they have a clear view, they just react way too late.

I usually play on Regular or Professional level. Perhaps it is better on the higher levels.

I'm wondering if it has to do with certain tools or patches being used? Does anyone playing with this patch have the same issue or have the GK's been good for you?

Yup. I've noticed it too. Not too bad though

Do others have an issue with the GK's being too slow to react to shots?

I like alot about the latest patch except for this issue. I saved some goal replays yesterday, and they don't move until a second or two after the shot is taken. It is not an issue of being shielded, as I have had 1 v 1 where I shot from the edge of the box and they have a clear view, they just react way too late.

I usually play on Regular or Professional level. Perhaps it is better on the higher levels.

I'm wondering if it has to do with certain tools or patches being used? Does anyone playing with this patch have the same issue or have the GK's been good for you?

Same here!
Noticed it yesterday one time where CPU took a nice long finesse shot and my keeper started to jump after the ball already was in the net. Looked very stupid.

I play on top player too and am not using file loader at the moment.

the biggest downfall of this new 1.12 patch are 3 things:

1. all shots go directly at goal, which is so unreal;

what setting you used? i'm using advanced setting both for shoot n through ball. for shoot you need to move left analog after press shot or it will only go for goalkeeper. first time i played, all my shoot go wide, no on target. very different with advanced setting in the past.

new patch on the way?

pes2014_2014_04_30_14_59_58_18.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I guess its a bug with the GK's. Too bad.

It's not a bug it's designed deliberately to allow the CPU to score or whichever player it's favouring, how do you think most shots by computer go in?

Have you not also seen your goalies pull off great saves as well?

It's not a bug it's designed deliberately to allow the CPU to score or whichever player it's favouring, how do you think most shots by computer go in?

Have you not also seen your goalies pull off great saves as well?

I have seen the GK's make great saves, which is believable as I see them all the time in real matches. When, in a real match, have you seen a GK see the ball the whole way and then not react until it is practically past him?

I understand the point you are trying to make, but if that is their design concept, then shame on them. It is so blatant and cheap, that I cannot believe it is as intended.

I did not see this on 1.07, and don't remember it happening with the first couple of patches. I don't believe I played the two in the middle. Have you see this happening since the game was released?

I have seen the GK's make great saves, which is believable as I see them all the time in real matches. When, in a real match, have you seen a GK see the ball the whole way and then not react until it is practically past him?

I understand the point you are trying to make, but if that is their design concept, then shame on them. It is so blatant and cheap, that I cannot believe it is as intended.

I did not see this on 1.07, and don't remember it happening with the first couple of patches. I don't believe I played the two in the middle. Have you see this happening since the game was released?

No it came with the last patch there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately. It's their way of implementing subtle scripting in the hope that you won't notice it.

In Pes 2013 it pulled your defenders out of the way etc this is the latest way of hoodwinking you . . . .it's still a good game though once you can accept certain stuff.

That is just a bug. A annoying bug, but not a cheat/scripting. It whappends to CPU teams also. I believe it has something to do with the heart system.

That is just a bug. A annoying bug, but not a cheat/scripting. It whappends to CPU teams also. I believe it has something to do with the heart system.

A bug? Ok I'm not getting into a scripting debate it's all been said before.

No it came with the last patch there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately. It's their way of implementing subtle scripting in the hope that you won't notice it.

In Pes 2013 it pulled your defenders out of the way etc this is the latest way of hoodwinking you . . . .it's still a good game though once you can accept certain stuff.

Thanks for the insight, I definetly stand corrected. Not sure how I didn't notice it previously. I'll try to not notice it, but I love looking at replays after goals. Bah!!

A bug? Ok I'm not getting into a scripting debate it's all been said before.
I don't to start the scripting debate also. Just noticed that when your team or the CPU team is "down" in motivation is when that bug most commonly happen. Also and when your GK is low in motivation. That's just something that I've noticed when playing.

Is it only me or anybody thinks that konami has slowed down speed of fast players since last patch?
At past you can beat defenders with players like CR7 or Suarez easily by speed. Now defenders catch up those players when they counter.
just like PES 2013 where Walcot runs like he is pregnant or something :))

Is it only me or anybody thinks that konami has slowed down speed of fast players since last patch?
At past you can beat defenders with players like CR7 or Suarez easily by speed. Now defenders catch up those players when they counter.
just like PES 2013 where Walcot runs like he is pregnant or something :))

Catch up script in its glory...

Catch up script in its glory...

The most annoying thing for me is when CPU players jog alongside your player who has the ball and suddenly they take the ball from your player without tackling him.

And then they can jog with the ball but you can't get it from them even though you are tackling!

What's that all about?

I don't to start the scripting debate also. Just noticed that when your team or the CPU team is "down" in motivation is when that bug most commonly happen. Also and when your GK is low in motivation. That's just something that I've noticed when playing.

Well I've noticed it from the first minute of some matches when my goalie is on a flaming red arrow. then late in the match he pulls off miraculous saves. .. but of course I'm 3-0 down at that stage.

Benfica to go through tonight.

is there now afer the PC patch any possibility (nvidia settings) to get the replays and cutscenes smooth like PES2013 ???

ive a i5 2500k @ 4600 MhZ, GTX 580, and 8 GB ram 1866 Mhz and its still laggy :RANT:

1) lunch the game
2) press alt/control/del
3) lunch task manager
4) go to applications and show all the ones available for the user
5) choose PES 2014 and set it to HIGH PRIORITY
6) ENJOY

The most annoying thing for me is when CPU players jog alongside your player who has the ball and suddenly they take the ball from your player without tackling him.

And then they can jog with the ball but you can't get it from them even though you are tackling!

What's that all about?

Lol! This is how Konami wants you to play their game. Liked the game in spite of all these goalkeeper glitch cause no catch up bug unlike 13. But Konami now spoiled the party.

Dear Konami,please remove the catch up bug from your game. Have you seen Bale's goal against Barcelona on Copa Del Rey final? If 'catch up' bug exist in real life football he can't beat Marc Bartra that time. Why can't you give us a 'realistic' football game which is 'fun' to play?

People said I was crazy when I said, to build football game on UE. Well... Seeing the capabilities, scalability and that you can use this engine for plethora of games from different genres...

Here are some screenshots from REAL TIME 8K presentation of UE 4.0. The demo was run on GTX 770...

13904440931_6ff2bdf644_o.jpg

13937350865_0007bf23f7_o.jpg

13928148335_e7612839c7_o.jpg

13914269736_1d8c7743d7_o.jpg

13914127391_e2c805bc2c_o.jpg

Jaw dropping performance and quality...

Last edited:
People said I was crazy when I said, to build football game on UE. Well... Seeing the capabilities, scalability and that you can use this engine for plethora of games from different genres...

Here are some screenshots from REAL TIME 8K presentation of UE 4.0. The demo was run on GTX 770...

Jaw dropping performance and quality...

Graphics are covered with the fox engine.

Graphics isn't going to make the game better either. Now the physics engine, if used right, is fantastic in UE4 from what I've experienced. Many games doesn't use it fully though. Actually, most games doesn't.

Graphics are covered with the fox engine.

You only concentrated on graphics. Have you tried playing around with UE SDK?

The things you can do are crazy. Och Zero noticed it, physics for example ;).

I mentioned scalability which is most important factor here. You can create same game on Android Phone/iPad and big platform like PC without having to step back.

If you were to compare what UE can do, it's best to compare it to same quality optmized engine, Valve Source (now dated, but if you played HL2 you know what I mean).

CryEngine, although beautiful, cannot even be compared here (system hog), FrostBite 3.0 (same story, system hog and only runs on x64 platforms).

Graphics =/= gameplay.

Gameplay is something devs are responsible for after all not engine they use as base (Fox Engine is awesome for MGS, but PES Team didn't manage to utilize 50% of it for football).

We shall see what PES 2015 will be like as this should be first truely Next-Gen PES.

Been playing with Patch 1.12 for some time now and in general I gotta say, I enjoy it very much.
Like many people already said: this state should have been in the beginning.
Game feels a lot more fluid, new animations etc.

However there are 2 things I find quite negative:

As much as I like the shooting now (scored a few nice long shot goals), I think it´s too much and it feels like I can have power shots with every player, no matter what his stats are.
I wanna feel the difference between a shot of Lampard, Gerrard, Hulk (left foot) and for example Walcott (shot power somewhere in the mid 70´s).
Also weak foot and body position should be a factor (just like in the old PES releases).
Anyway that´s something I can get over with, doesn´t annoy me too much, but would be a big plus if they could handle that, just like they did years before.

What gets really annoying by times are the through balls.
It happens very often that through balls have way too much power, even I tap the button for 0.3 seconds.
This crap took out so many chances of my team.
Passing the ball to a player who I wanna use to quickly pass it on by a through ball, tapping the button for not even half a second (power bar looks like a dot), but the damn ball moves like a rocket out of the pitch!
I´ve tried different pass assistance settings but it´s always the same, no matter what setting I choose.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but I think that I didn´t have that issue pre-patch.

EDIT: I don´t have any issues with the lobbed through balls though and I´m quite happy they have been toned down such as that not every through ball is successful. Now you really have to catch the right timing.

It´s only these two things that upset me (the second more than the first one), with the rest I´m quite happy.
Hope they can fix it and IF they will, then hopefully they won´t mess with other settings that actually work.

Do they ever test their game before releasing a patch???
What is Bhatti good for?
If he´s such a pro evo freak, don´t they send him the patches for thourough testing?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom