PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed Konami are lagging fast behind with regards how sports games use Online for rosters, lineups, transfers etc are being done

I think they should use PES2011s system and have a team concentrating on just getting every team right. The system was brilliant

realmardrid.png

Stay on fifa so tempora. FM also doesn't have facepack/datapacks/blablablapacks, updates every week, nothing includes in the release, all done by fans.

You forget that every teams in FIFA is under license or have at least real names for everyone, there is no need to modify.
I don't see how PES can be updated every weeks in forms, attributes etc. in their actual position...
If license in football where working in the same as in basketball/NBA games, things would be different.

But i agree that the game should be at least up-to-date from the first day launch.

It's never been a 'plug&play' game. One of the great features of this game is the tactical strength. Always been. When people compare Fifa and PES, the tactical strength is always a plus from PES and the older versions like ISS.
For me that is proof that Konami made this in every new version and they are right about that.
I don't think we are in the same page here. What's the problem with having a game on launch day with all transfers and formations as close as possible?

That does not take from fans/community changing things by themselves.

Also I'm not saying to scrap the tactical approach that PES always had. Far from it. Matter of fact, I want for them to improve on that.

Also that weekly updating like FIFA have, I think it's not the way to go for Konami. First, they don't the same human resources that EA has. And second, stats and formations in PES enter in much more detail, so the job will be 10 times harder. And the gain it's not that appealing to be quite honest. Maybe injury update would be nice, but nothing more.

Just think that fans shouldn't wait a month for transfers updates and formations update. That's all I’m asking. Not to remove the tactical prowess or the user’s possibility to change stats, formations, etc.

Okay, let Konami deliver the game with the correct line - up, but let players select their own team-style and combination style.
That is the most fun-part :)

On weekly updates...

Yes, it makes the game feel more fresh and makes you more excited to come back...

However, I think it also cheapens the game a bit. Playing Fifa online, you'd see players going with the team of the week per se to benefit from the form boost. Also, you'd see players play superhuman-like just because they had a good week in real life. That takes away from the realism of the game a bit. One week, Ramsey sucks and all of a sudden he's a prime midfielder with dribble, speed 90.

So, it's good to have some updates, maybe update the starting 11 and formation according to real life (and possibly injuries as andy said above me). It makes the game feel more alive. PES online on the PC feels dead PERIOD.

Last edited:
On weekly updates...

Yes, it makes the game feel more fresh and makes you more excited to come back...

However, I think it also cheapens the game a bit. Playing Fifa online, you'd see players going with the team of the week per se to benefit from the form boost. Also, you'd see players play superhuman-like just because they had a good week in real life. That takes away from the realism of the gay a bit. One week, Ramsey sucks and all of a sudden he's a prime midfielder with dribble, speed 90.

So, it's good to have some updates, maybe update the starting 11 and formation according to real life (and possibly injuries as andy said above me). It makes the game feel more alive. PES online on the PC feels dead PERIOD.

I see what you did there
smugg.png

Hey guys, anyone experiencing so called 'catch up bug' after last patch?
Why Konami forced players to slow down their speed? In spite of all glitches (like goalkeeper, passing etc} I liked the game cause no annoying catch up bug like 13.
Have you seen Copa Del Rey final? How Gareth Bale 'over speeded' Marc Bartra? Ok, if you can't score this type of goal the what is fun?

Hey guys, anyone experiencing so called 'catch up bug' after last patch?
Why Konami forced players to slow down their speed? In spite of all glitches (like goalkeeper, passing etc} I liked the game cause no annoying catch up bug like 13.
Have you seen Copa Del Rey final? How Gareth Bale 'over speeded' Marc Bartra? Ok, if you can't score this type of goal the what is fun?

I do see it on 1.12.

You will hear to play game tactically and wait for opportunity, build slow, play with ball, which I do enjoy to do, but is it realistic when watching and playing football?

It's not how football is. Look at teams like Atletico, Real Madrid. They rely on fast counter attacks, but those are... Impossible on PES 2010-2014 due to catch up my arse mechanics on defenders. You might have massive head start, but you will see defender on your ass very fast (faster than in real life).

C. Ronaldo can't outrun/outsprint Evra...

I don't believe in the catch up issue as an out and out bug, i also don't believe that it's not possible to beat playes with pace, you just need to be positioned and balanced

I do see it on 1.12.

You will hear to play game tactically and wait for opportunity, build slow, play with ball, which I do enjoy to do, but is it realistic when watching and playing football?

It's not how football is. Look at teams like Atletico, Real Madrid. They rely on fast counter attacks, but those are... Impossible on PES 2010-2014 due to catch up my arse mechanics on defenders. You might have massive head start, but you will see defender on your ass very fast (faster than in real life).

C. Ronaldo can't outrun/outsprint Evra...

Yes, this is what my point is. It seems like player's speed stats does not matter any more. I have no problem with slow build up play but why force it? CR7 or Bale now run like they got hangover or something.

When I play with Barcelona i will definitely want to play slow tiki-taka but not when i play with Madrid or BVB.

This is annoying about Konami. :CONFUSE:

I don't believe in the catch up issue as an out and out bug, i also don't believe that it's not possible to beat playes with pace, you just need to be positioned and balanced

You may be right but I never experienced this 'catch up bug' until last 2 patches.
At past ( version 1.06 ) with players like CR7 or Suarez I can take any defender just like they do in real life. But now every defender runs like Usain Bolt.

Ooh I looove being able to lob long thruballs and sprint away on every opportunity especially online. I mean you see it every week in real life football matches.

Online is full of people who don't know how to play football and only care about winning in cheap way. Deal with it.

Others, who give shit about online, don't need to be punished and suffer vs AI thanks to that.

I love not being able to sprint away like the roadrunner thanks. I prefer well thought out football not kick and chase.

Having said that I agree ability to outrun a defender should be there but not until they have an active stamina system to stop it becoming an exploit.

I can guarantee you if they allow people to outrun defenders regularly the same people complaining about it will then complain the games too easy.

The catch up bug is there for a reason

Deal with it.

It´s a quite difficult topic.
On one side I think it´s good the way it is.
I remember, having it in PES 2012 and PES 2013 that I played online against those speed merchant noobs who had their Walcotts, Agbonlahors, Eto´os, Ronaldos etc up front and kept spamming the ball to them which made it extremely hard to defend them, unless you used man marking on those and kept your defensive line deep.
Wasn´t easy anyway.

On the other hand, the question is, what are stats like explosive power, speed and dribbling speed good for then?
Maybe there must be found a better solution in between.
Sometimes I also feel that it´s impossible to outrun a defender no matter how fast your player is.

But still, not a game breaker for me.

I´m more worried about the issue I have with the through balls since the latest patch (mentioned it in the PC section).
Through balls (not lobbed ones)sometimes have way too much power, even you just tap the button for a quarter µ second.
Can´t remember having that issue pre-patch.

I love not being able to sprint away like the roadrunner thanks. I prefer well thought out football not kick and chase.

Having said that I agree ability to outrun a defender should be there but not until they have an active stamina system to stop it becoming an exploit.

I can guarantee you if they allow people to outrun defenders regularly the same people complaining about it will then complain the games too easy.

The catch up bug is there for a reason

Deal with it.

I agree about your point on stamina system.
But you think slowed down speed of players is 'well thought' football? Have you seen fast counter attack football of Real Madrid or Dortmund or Liverpool? By your logic these teams don't play 'well thought' football.

How in this world Xabi Alonso catching up Cristiano Ronaldo while sprinting viewed as 'well thought' football ? At least I don't understand.

I agree that I don't like those noobs who know nothing but speed. But let the player choose how he is going to play.
Playing with Barcelona and playing with Real Madrid not same thing. One use slow build up tiki-taka and other one use very fast counter attack.
Now when you play counter attack a slow defender (with speed stat 80) catching your striker ( with speed stat 95) so easily- definitely frustrating.
It's like forcing players to play in one way. So limited.

But it isn't. The counter attack and long ball tactic works when you get the ball your wingers push high upfield.

Also defenders arent able to keep up with strikers that are pacy and fresh particularly late in the game. Pre patch was a joke - anytime during the game on Counter atttack you could launch a lobbed throughball and find your way on goal. I didn't enjoy this at all.
The thing is you can still slalom passed multiple defenders with the right players. Its just not as easy as it used to be.

But it isn't. The counter attack and long ball tactic works when you get the ball your wingers push high upfield.

Also defenders arent able to keep up with strikers that are pacy and fresh particularly late in the game. Pre patch was a joke - anytime during the game on Counter atttack you could launch a lobbed throughball and find your way on goal. I didn't enjoy this at all.
The thing is you can still slalom passed multiple defenders with the right players. Its just not as easy as it used to be.

It seems like Konami are finding it difficult to reach a happy medium for everybody, solving one problem opens a new one.

I don't think these problems will be sorted out for PES 2015, I can't see how they can fix everything, it's going to be a tall order to do it.

I don't think these problems will be sorted out for PES 2015, I can't see how they can fix everything, it's going to be a tall order to do it.

I agree. It is impossible to please all gamers: They have contradicting views about the gameplay. One player say the game is too slow and another player find it not slow enough. In gameplay there are many of those differences, making it impossible to make a game we all love.
Best Konami can do is choose for what group of players they choose to make a game. Either hardcore players or lesser gifted players.
If they choose for hardcore, they probably sell lesser games, but they will make it a better game.
If they choose for the mediocre gamer they make the learning curve easier and they probably sell better.
Hard to make the right choise. I think Konami will probably attempt to sit somewhere in the middle of both groups, just to please everybody...
In that case they probably please no one completely, just like with PES 2014.

Last edited:
I agree. It is impossible to please all gamers: They have contradicting views about the gameplay. One player say the game is too slow and another player find it not slow enough. In gameplay there are many of those differences, making it impossible to make a game we all love.
Best Konami can do is choose for what group of players they choose to make a game. Either hardcore players or lesser gifted players.
If they choose for hardcore, they probably sell lesser games, but they will make it a better game.
If they choose for the mediocre gamer they make the learning curve easier and they probably sell better.
Hard to make the right choise. I think Konami will probably attempt to sit somewhere in the middle of both groups, just to please everybody...

The game pace is last thing I would criticize PES 2014 for :LOL:.

It's most spot on thing in football game. They shouldn't touch this.

yes, pre patch counter attack was little bit easy ( but not in higher difficulty like top player/superstar). Now it is impossible if you play superstar.
You know which are the common things of all amazing dribblers?
Their pace and acceleration. No matter how skilled you are, if you don't have speed/acceleration defender will catch you. And this is scenario of current version PES.

Hardcore or mediocre gameers? Not a problem in PES. Hardcore will choose 'superstar' difficulty while mediocre can choose 'regular' or 'professional'. No need a different game.

Now post patch, as all fast players lost their speed you can play PES in 2 way - crossing to the box or take long shot like a lunatic. Or play like Stoke city. LOL.

Now post patch, as all fast players lost their speed you can play PES in 2 way - crossing to the box or take long shot like a lunatic. Or play like Stoke city. LOL.

Or you actually try to play creatively to create opportunities through good pass-combinations and good team play.

Sure, through the catch-up-gamedesign (it's not a bug, because it's deliberately designed to work that way) some of the explosiveness of fast players is lost.

But I think it's crucial for the sake of the gameplay as a whole to have it that way as long as there is no realtime two-tiered-stamina/fatigue-system in place.

Hopefully in PES 2015 there is one and then taking away the catch-up-gamedesign can make sense.

The game pace is last thing I would criticize PES 2014 for :LOL:.

It's most spot on thing in football game. They shouldn't touch this.
Still I have seen posts from guys who prefer -1 speed over normal speed.
But as I wrote, there are a lot of other things in gameplay where people have different opinions. So don't just pick out the speed of the game only. It is about the whole picture... ;)

Or you actually try to play creatively to create opportunities through good pass-combinations and good team play.

Sure, through the catch-up-gamedesign (it's not a bug, because it's deliberately designed to work that way) some of the explosiveness of fast players is lost.

But I think it's crucial for the sake of the gameplay as a whole to have it that way as long as there is no realtime two-tiered-stamina/fatigue-system in place.

Hopefully in PES 2015 there is one and then taking away the catch-up-gamedesign can make sense.

You mean passing football like Spanish national team? Who 'tiki-taka' opponents to the death? I would rather play angry birds.:BOP:

+1

I've never had a problem with the catch-up design although I can see how it's a turn off for many. The foremost frustration I have with the game is the incessant AI pressure and the constant feeling of being harried. It should ebb and flow more. Hopefully it's reworked in PES 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom