PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to switch between players with the analog stick?

L1 + RS.

Although I'm having some problems lately using it defending short corners. I can highlight the player at the edge of the box, but as soon as I release L1+RS he's deselected :(

When tracking back I have better luck selecting the closest player when I don't use the sprint button in combination with L1.
If I need to select a deeper lying defender I tend to use L1 + sprint lol. Handier for me than using L1+RS

Last edited:
Player switching is an issue, especially when defending a player will be a yard away from an attacker and I press L1 and it will cycle between 3 and 4 defenders 10-15 yards before I get to the player I want

Its not a problem for me. In other words when I select players I do not have a problem :SMUG: L1 and right stick works well

One thing. You CANNOT score such goal on PES 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg_9GBvntz4#t=89

The Yaya one. You just can't. I don't know who decided in KONAMI that you can outmuscule Yaya off ball so easily in PES. Massive flaw... Strength should play more important role (not only pace ;P).

I also don't have problems with player switching now, but wish they revert to L1 switching the moment u press it and simple right stick flick to chose player. Like it used to be... Och and bring MANUAL switching from PES 6 back!

The Yaya one. You just can't. I don't know who decided in KONAMI that you can outmuscule Yaya off ball so easily in PES. Massive flaw... Strength should play more important role (not only pace ;P).

I also don't have problems with player switching now, but wish they revert to L1 switching the moment u press it and simple right stick flick to chose player. Like it used to be... Och and bring MANUAL switching from PES 6 back!

I've scored numerous goals like that in PES 2014 by using a combination of the right player, skillful application of the R1 and R2 button, and by keeping my players body in between the ball and the defender.

Last edited:
The catch is he did it in full speed. Proof with video mate. I have read your post and they are a bunch of crap with no proof behind them...

Prove me wrong and I will apologize to you.

It is the sprint animation that restricts "free flow" dribbling, hence reducing the pace of a player.

Last edited:

I have been speaking of this since release of 1.12. This is just catch up bug/design or whatever they called. But if you play 1.07, I think you can score this type of goal.
And sad to say, some blind PES fan love to play with this catch up thing.
From secret source I heard, they play PES with their granny and grandpa. Sometimes even with their mom.

I have been speaking of this since release of 1.12. This is just catch up bug/design or whatever they called. But if you play 1.07, I think you can score this type of goal.
And sad to say, some blind PES fan love to play with this catch up thing.
From secret source I heard, they play PES with their granny and grandpa. Sometimes even with their mom.

Totally agree that catch up bug is a major flaw

This is just a match played yesterday online.
As you can see, it is Ivory Coast (me) vs. Manchester City.

THIS IS NOT THE WAY GOALS IN A FOOTBALL GAME SHOULD HAPPEN!!!

1.goal: what the hell is Kompany doing when the ball passes him 50cm away? He just stares at it, nice man! And why is Nastasic just stopping a short time? I know why, because the through ball MUST come to Drogba, what else?

2.goal: Zokora tries to clear the ball and hits his teammate on the head, nice man, like a sniper.. headshot. But wait.. it isn't over yet, the ball rises, the goalie comes to get the ball.. and... just looks how Aguero jumps to the header while he is stucked at the pitch, yeah! Why do I have a goalie then, if he can't jump? Just give me a tree which stands between the posts...

3.goal: nice try Hart, but the glue is everywhere... he can't jump, because the pitch is so deep..

4.goal: Nastasic is made of air, but no, even air would affect the run of Wilfred. Although Nastajic is in the way, Wilfred doesn't notice, that a 1.87m man is there...

5.goal: what is number 22 doing?? I don't know, maybe trying to stub Dzeko? And the 2(!) defenders have the best crowd places to see how Aguero notches in. And they are paid for it, the crowd is not..

6.goal: again number 22, while running to the ball and Dzeko, he stops at that moment, when Dzeko gets the ball? Why?? Because Dzeko is meant to pass, and how should he, if the defender would run to him?

How goals are scored in PES14..

Last edited:
I just got this recently on a PSN deal. This game plays miles better than 2012 and 2013, but Konami seems uncapable of improving a little bit in all fronts. They just have to make some things worse, it's uncanny! More teams and complete leagues this time around, great, but less stadiums? WTF? Not only the likes of Camp Nou, Bernabeu and Anfield are missing, but also they removed fake stadiums. For what? And what's even worse: they removed the stadium creator feature. My word! That feature filled the gap when you needed a certain resemblance to real stadiums that aren't in the game, and there are real stadiums who don't look a thing like the ones present in the game.

I know I'm very late on my rant here, as I'd given up on the series, but these things are really mind blowing. Defies belief. I've no idea what those muppets at KONAMI are up to.

Anyway, the good news for me is that the game is playable again, and at times truly enjoyable.

I'm thinking about starting a ML but I have a question: if we only have one division 2 in the game, and we have the ability to go manage in other leagues, what happens to league structure?

Say, if I get promoted with Leicester to the Premier League along with other Championship teams, and then go manage a team in Italy, does it mean the Italian league (and others) won't have relegation? Or, in the worst case, will the English 2nd Division teams get promoted to Serie A?

I'm confused about this, searched the forums but didn't get any definite answer. Could anyone enlighten me?

How do ya get those replays in online games? I can only get the generic ones after the match, no camera options.

Online is a bitch!

Sometimes I enjoy it, but often it drives me mad because of issues like in the video.

I remember having that in PES 2012 and 2013 too.

I just got this recently on a PSN deal. This game plays miles better than 2012 and 2013, but Konami seems uncapable of improving a little bit in all fronts. They just have to make some things worse, it's uncanny! More teams and complete leagues this time around, great, but less stadiums? WTF? Not only the likes of Camp Nou, Bernabeu and Anfield are missing, but also they removed fake stadiums. For what? And what's even worse: they removed the stadium creator feature. My word! That feature filled the gap when you needed a certain resemblance to real stadiums that aren't in the game, and there are real stadiums who don't look a thing like the ones present in the game.

I know I'm very late on my rant here, as I'd given up on the series, but these things are really mind blowing. Defies belief. I've no idea what those muppets at KONAMI are up to.

Anyway, the good news for me is that the game is playable again, and at times truly enjoyable.

I'm thinking about starting a ML but I have a question: if we only have one division 2 in the game, and we have the ability to go manage in other leagues, what happens to league structure?

Say, if I get promoted with Leicester to the Premier League along with other Championship teams, and then go manage a team in Italy, does it mean the Italian league (and others) won't have relegation? Or, in the worst case, will the English 2nd Division teams get promoted to Serie A?

I'm confused about this, searched the forums but didn't get any definite answer. Could anyone enlighten me?

I think if you move leagues then no more 2nd division. It's only stuck with the league you started under.

1.goal: what the hell is Kompany doing when the ball passes him 50cm away? He just stares at it, nice man! And why is Nastasic just stopping a short time? I know why, because the through ball MUST come to Drogba, what else?

2.goal: Zokora tries to clear the ball and hits his teammate on the head, nice man, like a sniper.. headshot. But wait.. it isn't over yet, the ball rises, the goalie comes to get the ball.. and... just looks how Aguero jumps to the header while he is stucked at the pitch, yeah! Why do I have a goalie then, if he can't jump? Just give me a tree which stands between the posts...

3.goal: nice try Hart, but the glue is everywhere... he can't jump, because the pitch is so deep..

4.goal: Nastasic is made of air, but no, even air would affect the run of Wilfred. Although Nastajic is in the way, Wilfred doesn't notice, that a 1.87m man is there...

5.goal: what is number 22 doing?? I don't know, maybe trying to stub Dzeko? And the 2(!) defenders have the best crowd places to see how Aguero notches in. And they are paid for it, the crowd is not..

6.goal: again number 22, while running to the ball and Dzeko, he stops at that moment, when Dzeko gets the ball? Why?? Because Dzeko is meant to pass, and how should he, if the defender would run to him?

I'v been seeing more of this too much. Even offline and I'm getting sick of it. Got to the point where I don't want to play the game which is sad. I loved the game when the demo was out/game was first released.

This type of games are normal since the latest two patches.

Before, you could pass in a normal way, maybe a little too powered, but at least no one denied to take a pass.
Now it is like "hey the pass doesn't come exactly in milimeters, and man, the pass has 0.00001 Nm too much power, I'm letting it through.."

#2 I think I know why #2 happens. It's a glitch where the COM thinks it's still a pass, instead of a deflection. The keeper is not allowed to use his hands. In that case, I just pull my keeper back a few steps manually and wait for the punishment. Similar things happen when you make a clearance with your defenders, if it deflects off an opponent, it's still liable for offside calls when the opponents' offside players come collect the loose ball. The game doesn't recognize the difference between unintended deflection vs intentional passes/interceptions. To determine this, I guess Konami can write an extra set of code to determine whether the player last touching the ball has pressed a button or not. But even then, it's not exactly the perfect way to determine what's intentional and what's not. What's a good way to differentiate a back pass and an awkward clearance in a football game?

#4 that's another thing I hate about assisted passing. The first touch can be quite predetermined. Aim can sometimes be magnetic, and then first touch can also be glued. There's just sometimes very little you can do to disturb the 1st touch of a human player. It feels like the whole set of events have to finish, independently to the context of the position/coordinate of the defender. Ironically, this is where players who use blind pressure to defend have an advantage, vs those who wait for their chance. With blind double pressure you may luckily be able to stumble across his path to dispossess him. One thing to note is I never get this type of advantage using manual/0 bar assist passing. So I believe this to be a rigid behavior in assisted passing where the computer has to force a scenario during its correction of an assisted pass.

#5, try to move your player towards the cross on the ground to cut off the pass. Looks like he over ran it there. If you arrive too early, just super cancel and stand there to wait for the ball to arrive.

#6 let go of X pressure button. Looks like either X or R1+X was used in the initial few steps when he was dashing towards Dzeko. I've wrote about what X and R1+X does and I still think it's true in defending. Check the 2nd spoiler in this post, hopefully it helps:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=2825523&postcount=20342

Other than that, I can only suggest substitution when you notice lack of aggression/stickiness in defense.

Last edited:
Yea, it'd be much more fun and rewarding to constantly run past defenders willy-nilly with any player using little effort and skill.

by having the catch up bug doesnt the game lose its indiviuality, In pes 2015 konami need to sort there shit out and combat this tactically so its not easy too constantly fly past defenders.

I've scored numerous goals like that in PES 2014 by using a combination of the right player, skillful application of the R1 and R2 button, and by keeping my players body in between the ball and the defender.

I don't score these types of goals, but people score them against me online so I confirm it's possible, at least against humans.

So, less then a month to see next-gen Pes...I am not very excited though..
Not sure if this is true or a rumour. I did not read anything about it.
I am also not excited about it yet. In previous years Konami made it an art to raise the expectations sky high. That was not smart as the game only can disappoint after such a hype.
Maybe they learned about it, but I doubt it.

It will be interesting to see what Konami serve up by way of a Next-Gen PES but no more than that.

But also interesting will be what they serve up for current gen given how badly the "old" machines cope with PES 2014. Will they go back to a revamped PES 2013? A HD PES 5/6?

Each version of PES had been completely different, as if each year they flip a coin because they don't know what direction to go in. Next gen will hopefully see a marked improvement but will we still get crappy game modes, terrible presentation etc in next gen? I know gameplay is king but it's not enough in this day and age, particularly when the game will most likely be much more expensive than current gen versions.

Sadly I can't see the game being a total evolution (no pun intended), because the focus will stil be on making the game for PS3/360. But I have no faith in them as a massive company at all now, they need to drag themselves into 2014. I mean the new Metal Gear game features a sniper woman wearing a thong and virtually nothing else. In this day and age it's totally unacceptable, and PES is just as stuck in the old days (minus the thongs, of course).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom