PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does their seem to be some different animations on the 1.12 PC version? There seems to be a new standing tackle where the player seems to push with both hands as he tackles normally results in a foul. And a pass animation i have not yet seen on PS3. Maybe i haven't played console long enough yet. 1.10 5.0 is the latest for console right?

Is it me or does their seem to be some different animations on the 1.12 PC version? There seems to be a new standing tackle where the player seems to push with both hands as he tackles normally results in a foul. And a pass animation i have not yet seen on PS3. Maybe i haven't played console long enough yet. 1.10 5.0 is the latest for console right?

+Another new animation:
Keeper now also touches the near post with his hand when waiting for a cross, I haven't seen that before 1.12

Yes but it's generic. So a player with under 75 stamina will be knackered by the 75 minute mark and lack stamina for the next game regardless of how many runs he made or how much of the pitch he covered

I scored a wonderful finesse shot today with messi it was a beauty just like messi does it in real life. It looks like finesse shooting has also been improved in this patch.
This patch really is something the cpu scored me a finesse shot with pienaar when i played against everton. My mates and I had fun with our pes session today best fun i've had since release
Keepers are really solid too pulling off triple saves just amazing

Keepers are really solid too pulling off triple saves just amazing

Really? The best I saw up till now was a double-save, but sometimes still making unneeded mistakes especially regarding loose balls, awareness and urgency is sometimes lacking.

On which platform and which version of the patch are you playing with?

The keeper tweaks have defo made them better. Best I've seen recently was an injury time MLO scramble with a quick fire triple save followed shortly after by a double save. What really stood out was the keepers urgency to get back to his feet + into position.

Hopefully next year they can build on it and add some stuff I used to like in Pes11. Those unclean type of saves that helped create an unlimited variation of goals. eg. not quite reaching/diving and getting a strong hand to the ball, not getting down fast enough causing the ball to slowly roll towards the line etc, etc

Yeah been saying it all along since 1.10 you can actually expect the keeper to save you when needed.

Can't understand whoever people say they are poor.

They are still poor in 1.10 for me on xbox360 when it comes to unexpected situations where then the ball is loose. Then the keeper is very slow at getting back on feet and doesn't have any urgency to get the loose ball into his hands.

What I read up there for 1.12 on PC, I guess Konami have improved that aspect, though... finally!

Hopefully there is a console-version coming of that patch.

I want to say that the shooting is far from overpowered on this game because the keepers seem up for it for the most part. Overpowered will mean everybody can take a shot and hit it from outside.
That is not the case, Konami really worked on shooting and i urge people to try it because is scored my third finesse today with messi and i am very sure that stats play a part because i cannot do the same thing with lets say garay of Argentina.
Messi's shot accuracy is really high just like real life. If that is not individuality i do not know what is. Messi changes my games and is a factor in my teamand against my friends.
Enjoying myself so far

I've played both the pc and ps3 version and i find 1.12 on the pc alot harder than 1.10 on the ps3 the computer attack and defend a little better on the pc i also find that you recive a few more fouls on the pc

I've played both the pc and ps3 version and i find 1.12 on the pc alot harder than 1.10 on the ps3 the computer attack and defend a little better on the pc i also find that you recive a few more fouls on the pc

If that is the case then, blimey. 1.10 on PS3 has been a challenge for most, if not all on harder difficulties.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | UEFA Champions League | Chelsea vs Atletico | HD

I enjoy this patch (1.12.) a lot. However, I do think KONAMI should work on keepers AI and them running out and kicking the ball out of bounds when there is absolutely NO need to do so.

Second thing, I tested this on all assist pass support settings, there are times when AI decides that pass will be intercepted no matter what. Be it 5 meter pass or 15 meters one, doesn't matter. You will see AI player intercepting it no matter what (pass will lack power, you will want to pass to some other guy then game algorithm decided, etc.).

It might fall into blantant and visible scripting. It was probably made to keep game more entertaining and keep passing stats under realistic value (NEVER finished with pass acc over 82%). However, passing acc should be decided on stats, not game deciding this stuff on random basis (most visible in final quarter of pitch as can be seen in video :LOL:).

Third thing is, I doubt anyone at KONAMI watches football. This is mostly visible when you see players like... Hazard tackling the ball like he is friggin' top class defender. Or you have players like Cleverley intercepting passes like he is Vieira -.-

Way OTT and definitely not realistic imo. Needs a serious look at.

As for difficulty, this patch is not more difficult than 1.07 after getting used to. In fact it can be easier. Mind you I won't play Top Player/Superstar, because I don't really want to get more frustrated. But on PRO AI offers little in attack (unless that is something decided by team tactics :/). I would love for AI to change their approach. The problem is tactical system PES uses. This would need some revamp. :(

Anyway despite the niggles here and there, the game is again v. playable for me. Goalkeepers are improved vastly and so are the shots :). Zippy feeling is back in players movement too. ;)

Second thing, I tested this on all assist pass support settings, there are times when AI decides that pass will be intercepted no matter what. Be it 5 meter pass or 15 meters one, doesn't matter. You will see AI player intercepting it no matter what (pass will lack power, you will want to pass to some other guy then game algorithm decided, etc.).
The thing about pass interception by the CPU that people don't understand is that there's no other way around it. We are playing against a machine, not a human; they cannot "read the game". CPU to be effective on defence has to protect, close the passing lanes. So that's why that seem to intercept everything. We when playing against the CPU must try to "conceal" the passing lane that we will use. That's done essentially with quick left stick move (or :R2:) just before we make the pass. I don't think they can program any other way. Maybe with better AI that can be less noticed.

As for the pass power bar that's a certain true in what you are saying, but that is more according to the position on the field rather than the AI cheating. In the last third a single touch as much more power than in the midfield.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | UEFA Champions League | Chelsea vs Atletico | HD

I enjoy this patch (1.12.) a lot. However, I do think KONAMI should work on keepers AI and them running out and kicking the ball out of bounds when there is absolutely NO need to do so.

It might fall into blantant and visible scripting. It was probably made to keep game more entertaining and keep passing stats under realistic value (NEVER finished with pass acc over 82%). However, passing acc should be decided on stats, not game deciding this stuff on random basis (most visible in final quarter of pitch as can be seen in video :LOL:).

Third thing is, I doubt anyone at KONAMI watches football. This is mostly visible when you see players like... Hazard tackling the ball like he is friggin' top class defender. Or you have players like Cleverley intercepting passes like he is Vieira -.-

Way OTT and definitely not realistic imo. Needs a serious look at.

As for difficulty, this patch is not more difficult than 1.07 after getting used to. In fact it can be easier. Mind you I won't play Top Player/Superstar, because I don't really want to get more frustrated. But on PRO AI offers little in attack (unless that is something decided by team tactics :/). I would love for AI to change their approach. The problem is tactical system PES uses. This would need some revamp. :(

Anyway despite the niggles here and there, the game is again v. playable for me. Goalkeepers are improved vastly and so are the shots :). Zippy feeling is back in players movement too. ;)
play on superstar and top player i assure you its not easy

The thing about pass interception by the CPU that people don't understand is that there's no other way around it. We are playing against a machine, not a human; they cannot "read the game". CPU to be effective on defence has to protect, close the passing lanes. So that's why that seem to intercept everything. We when playing against the CPU must try to "conceal" the passing lane that we will use. That's done essentially with quick left stick move (or :R2:) just before we make the pass. I don't think they can program any other way. Maybe with better AI that can be less noticed.

As for the pass power bar that's a certain true in what you are saying, but that is more according to the position on the field rather than the AI cheating. In the last third a single touch as much more power than in the midfield.

You hit the nail on head here. Better AI. Sadly, doing it separate for 22 players on field, using current equipement is impossible (lack of power). Now, I don't know why, the expandable AI card project was abandoned (ok, it used PCI-E/PCI-X slot - that is one reason). Using such card would offload CPU and GPU from doing AI operations. AI operations are using MOST complicated algorithms. Dunno what happened to this project, but videos from it can be found on YouTube...

And I wish, tactics were made as close to reality as possible. Hate to do Barcelona tactics myself :P to play tiki-taka :P.

You hit the nail on head here. Better AI. Sadly, doing it separate for 22 players on field, using current equipement is impossible (lack of power). Now, I don't know why, the expandable AI card project was abandoned (ok, it used PCI-E/PCI-X slot - that is one reason). Using such card would offload CPU and GPU from doing AI operations. AI operations are using MOST complicated algorithms. Dunno what happened to this project, but videos from it can be found on YouTube...

And I wish, tactics were made as close to reality as possible. Hate to do Barcelona tactics myself :P to play tiki-taka :P.

Yeah default tactics should have more individuality. Konami's relies too much on the community on theses aspects.

After the patch the AI improved immensely, so the future is bright. I don't understand nothing for programming, but in a more powerful engine there's no excuse to not heavily invest on AI upgrading. That should be the focus.

I'm enjoying this game so much. Since PES 6 i don't think I've had a better immersion on a football game. It’s really good. The positives of this game far outweigh the shortcomings. It's so free, so fluid, the ball works as a separate thing of the player which means that the game doesn't became repetitive.

This patch really fills me with hope for the future of the series.

There's definetely something magical with the new patch. I've experienced things and seen things that made me feel something I haven't felt since PES 6. Great base to work on for PES 2015.

Back in love with pes after the patch almost completed a full season after a few days can't stop playing. There are still problems with the game but this is an amazing base for 2015.

Things they need to work on are shooting variation, better goalkeepers (positioning, coming off line to close down the attacker), defensive ai need to be more aggressive/ better at closing down attackers in or around the box, which should result in more fouls and blocks, more urgency/response from players overall and better individuality.

Hopefully that with more animations, improved master league it can be one hell of a game please don't screw it up.

Yeah default tactics should have more individuality. Konami's relies too much on the community on theses aspects.
This is not a shortcoming from Konami. What is the fun if the default tactic is the best one? In that case there is no reason to add tactical features in the game.
It's just perfect as it is. You can improve tactics and tweak them to your own taste.

Have to disagree with you on that. The game should be as more accurate as possible out of the box. He can tweak all we like afterwards. I'm not saying that they should remove that.
That's one of the major complains of newcomers, that is not a "plug and play" game.

It's never been a 'plug&play' game. One of the great features of this game is the tactical strength. Always been. When people compare Fifa and PES, the tactical strength is always a plus from PES and the older versions like ISS.
For me that is proof that Konami made this in every new version and they are right about that.

After a break from this for about 3 months because my ps3 packed up. I finally bought another one and installed this again. With Version 1.10 the game has improved so much. Mostly because of the shooting and the keepers improvement. I was getting fed up before with the CPU having a silly shot and always scoring because of the keepers. But now it is great. Actually had a couple of free kicks too which was a bonus.

Best moment so far for me was Dembele having a looping volley from about 25 yards, he kind of flung his leg at it in hope and it just dropped over the bar. Made the keeper panic at the last minute though.

Just started a ML with Tottenham with Glenn the Magpie's patch. The only thing that's slightly annoying is I can't check stats for other teams, like goals, assists, bookings. But other than that it's good to be back playing. :)

It's never been a 'plug&play' game. One of the great features of this game is the tactical strength. Always been. When people compare Fifa and PES, the tactical strength is always a plus from PES and the older versions like ISS.
For me that is proof that Konami made this in every new version and they are right about that.

That's why PES is outdated for me. People want proper game from the start. I don't want to waste time editing 300 team tactics so they can play as close to Real Life as possible.

Sorry, that won't cut it for me any more (I call it LAZYNESS).

Compare with FIFA? FIFA updates squads each week after games, so teams play with formations/tactics/line up they used on said day. It's massive plus. Plus auto-injury updates (with Match Day On).

That's one area KONAMI can learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom