PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the damn hell konami?

4th transfer window and the regens are ridiculous.

Giggs - 94
Lopicic (spell check) - 95
diouf - 94
Juninho - 95
Olifanjana - 98
There are tons more but those are the top players
And all at age 16

That's the ML fucked for me. Lets see what World Challenge offers.
This has been a problem since release + the reason why I don't touch this mode any more. It's also been in every feedback thread, on every Pes forum. So many problems this yr it didn't come close to making the priority list

In PES 2014 you have no total control over your input. that I can live with. but what I can't live with is the randomness each input creates. You are constantly fighting the controlls.

That's exactly how I feel. I don't know why they interfere even with player controller input. This is the last thing that we have in control against a multitude of unfair and cheating game mechanics and they rigged that too.

The whole game experience is therefore a resigned and repeated long process of frustration and fury, a futile constant chores to expect and undo the next abusive bullying game mechanics.

The game never executed nor interpreted what I intended to do with my controller, it does the opposite so blatantly and so often to the point that I expect the failure of my team at every turn. This is the only football game where I am afraid to pass to my team mate(s) because I know that they will stuff-up, not occasionally, but every single time. Yes, in a TEAM sport game.

The sabotage and handicapping against my control happened so often and blatantly that I think game programmers and designers do not bother to hide it. They flaunt it there arrogantly, and shamelessly.

I become accustomed to failures and playing this game is just a long process of putting up with all the absurdity and and trying to pick up the pieces of the mess the game designers deliberately set for me as a punishment for playing it.

I can put up with all the impossible difficulty and cheating mechanics in game like "Dark souls prepare to die", because it set up in a fantasy world where sport fairness is not taken into account. Your protagonist is disadvantaged by default against supernatural powerful foes.

But to design a game pushing that mentality of "prepare to die" to sport simulation gamers is wrong.

PES 2014 has set up a new standard in Sport games culture that player is expected to play a submissive and passive role, that they can only control the game only if they are allowed to and when the master game programmer(s) told you to shut up and concede, you have to abide.

Your trained dexterity and evolutionary practice progress is not honored and recognized and rewarded. Where is the fun in a sport game like this?

There is a perceived amount of absurd sado-masochistic master/slave relationship in this game, that explains why the masochists love this game so much and why rationale, normal folks with a sense of sport fairness, decency and free will hate it.

PES 2015 in preorder on Gamestop Italy (PS4, Xbox One, PS3 ad 360)

3max.jpg
3max.jpg

http://www.gamestop.it/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=pes+2015

And PC?

That's exactly how I feel. I don't know why they interfere even with player controller input. This is the last thing that we have in control against a multitude of unfair and cheating game mechanics and they rigged that too.

The whole game experience is therefore a resigned and repeated long process of frustration and fury, a futile constant chores to expect and undo the next abusive bullying game mechanics.

The game never executed nor interpreted what I intended to do with my controller, it does the opposite so blatantly and so often to the point that I expect the failure of my team at every turn. This is the only football game where I am afraid to pass to my team mate(s) because I know that they will stuff-up, not occasionally, but every single time. Yes, in a TEAM sport game.

The sabotage and handicapping against my control happened so often and blatantly that I think game programmers and designers do not bother to hide it. They flaunt it there arrogantly, and shamelessly.

I become accustomed to failures and playing this game is just a long process of putting up with all the absurdity and and trying to pick up the pieces of the mess the game designers deliberately set for me as a punishment for playing it.

I can put up with all the impossible difficulty and cheating mechanics in game like "Dark souls prepare to die", because it set up in a fantasy world where sport fairness is not taken into account. Your protagonist is disadvantaged by default against supernatural powerful foes.

But to design a game pushing that mentality of "prepare to die" to sport simulation gamers is wrong.

PES 2014 has set up a new standard in Sport games culture that player is expected to play a submissive and passive role, that they can only control the game only if they are allowed to and when the master game programmer(s) told you to shut up and concede, you have to abide.

Your trained dexterity and evolutionary practice progress is not honored and recognized and rewarded. Where is the fun in a sport game like this?

There is a perceived amount of absurd sado-masochistic master/slave relationship in this game, that explains why the masochists love this game so much and why rationale, normal folks with a sense of sport fairness, decency and free will hate it.

Haha

After reading that I know what Andy Dufresne felt like after swimming through 500 yards of shit

This has been a problem since release + the reason why I don't touch this mode any more. It's also been in every feedback thread, on every Pes forum. So many problems this yr it didn't come close to making the priority list

I love the master league this year. I am five seasons in and there is a few players like this, I just don't buy them. They always seem to go to a few of the top teams which I kind of like as it makes playing them a challange.

You also cannot just go out and sign them all as most of them you have 0% of getting.

I love the master league this year. I am five seasons in and there is a few players like this, I just don't buy them. They always seem to go to a few of the top teams which I kind of like as it makes playing them a challange.

You also cannot just go out and sign them all as most of them you have 0% of getting.

I tested and was able to sign any one of them.

But I am going to ignore that they exist.

Glad someone else is enjoying ML as well. Was very annoyed when I saw the regens. Its these little things that go by when konami keep making drastic changes

Dude, you pretty much summarized how i feel about this game controls. If you happen to write a book "PES 2014: What's wrong with this game ?" you have a buyer. :LOL:
Everything feels as if something in the game core itself allows it to bypass your controller inputs. To interpret it in a way that doesn't even depends on rational in-game factors that would have justified a rigged interpretation.
A simple example beside the passing flaw i demonstrated earlier: Players making extra-touches instead of shooting. You load the shooting bar before getting the ball, the recieving player in on the run, he makes that dreaded extra-touch that make the whole action end in a goal kick.
Another example highlighting the lack of stat factor in some events. Xabi Alonso, the Obi-Wan Kenobi of passing, in a good day, not tired, making the pass in the wrong direction, just below him, instead of giving it to Sergio Ramos waiting back there. The result ? An interception, and a dangerous counter attack for the opposition.
What the hell happened ? Why this game is constantly playing like i'm online, playing with some japanese guy with 500ms of latency ? Are you doing this on purpose Konami, or is it something you are desperatly trying to fix ?

I do not hate this game but i can't help feeling something on the lines of: "What a waste !" Graphics are good, animations are good and improving, gameplay is addictive, if only the game do what i ask it to. If only Konami stop deleting everything that was part of the soul of the serie. Master League and BAL were carved to the bone.

I read that article about how PES 2015 will be awesome and why PES 2014 was only a transition opus. Are you kidding me Konami ? All your PES since PES 6 were transition episodes.

Recommend moving the analog stick in various directions to dribble around opposing players rather than straight through them.

Recommend moving the analog stick in various directions to dribble around opposing players rather than straight through them.

Me going straight to the opponent was a result of a controller input made at 5 seconds of the video, right when the player controlled the ball. I tried going to the right for an overlap but aren't we all saying that this game do what it wants with your controller inputs ?

For you zee...

Especially for Evo-Web.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PC) | 1.12. Patch + DP5 | Atletico Madrid vs AC Milan | HD

I didn't expect much from final patch, but damn, I must admit it surprised me.

If you don't wanna watch above video here is what I think they did right:

-crosses do feel hell a lot better
-player responsiveness is better. Uncomparable to 1.07.
-MASS seems to use more animations
-player runs are now working like they should (ie. if attacker sees open space he will try to exploit it for pass - nice :D)
-shots are stronger and can be hit from 30 yards. However, it goes for anyone, something to take look into for next PES.

Some annoyances, not game breakers, but to do for next PES gameplay wise:

-CPU AI doesn't seem to be very active in attack. Looks passive on Pro difficulty. If you take a look at FIFA they got rid of this problem with 14. Pro Evo can do it too.
-Goalkeepers even though improved, still need complete rework animations wise.
-through balls seem to move too close to defenders and are easily intercepted in final 3rd (someone noticed that already I believe).
-sometimes the player awareness is not reacting to where ball is leading to ball going out even though the player could make run to save it :LOL:.
-referees need a kick up the ass. They are like zombies... Not calling obvious foul plays and calling for clear tackles... WTF.

That's it. Much less than I expected. They have solid core now, let's see if they will build on this and concentrate on other aspects (like ML/Online modes).

See I can admit KONAMI did things right. Still a troll? ;)

EDIT:

To do list:

-get back the old player switching. Can't be serious with this release button - switch player nonsense. I want it backwards. I press it switches. It was working fine. Och and move player switching to right analogue stick without pressing additional buttons. ;)

-graphics got worse in pre-match selection screen on PC post patch, but that's a given it will be improved in PES 2015 :D.

Last edited:
I tested and was able to sign any one of them.

But I am going to ignore that they exist.

Glad someone else is enjoying ML as well. Was very annoyed when I saw the regens. Its these little things that go by when konami keep making drastic changes

I was with Lyon for 4 seasons and then went to Barcelona. At Lyon I had 0% of getting most of the +90 regens. At Barcelona it look like I still have 0% with the same players

Barca had already signed the Lampard and Giggs regens before I got there. They are both very good players, but are very slow. In my game there is a regen of Zanetti at Juventus with ridiculous stats.

My favourite players I have had so far are Falcao and David Luiz. Falcao is brilliant at smashing the ball in and hold the ball up. Luiz is by far the best defender I have had

@temporaomores

I watched your game and i noticed a new turning animation when the player is walking. Well it's not new since it's an old-gen style animation but i missed it, it pretty much enable dribbling at low speed without the use of R2 tricks.

@temporaomores

I watched your game and i noticed a new turning animation when the player is walking. Well it's not new since it's an old-gen style animation but i missed it, it pretty much enable dribbling at low speed without the use of R2 tricks.

Yeah thanks to some improvements the game is way more fluid now and quite fun to play too. Can't wait for some patches to fix players/teams etc.

Glad the PC guys are in on it. Took long enough.

Still lots and lots of little niggles which worries me because Konami need to settle down and fix things.

If the previous article was to be believed about PES2015 being a complete rewrite then we can expect the same clumsiness and unpolished mess on release day until 6 months down the line when it is polished.

Get your game right on release even if it means delaying it a bit. The fans are fed up and with s yearly cycle there is no sense buying a game for 6 months.
Money is tight these days and people will wait

Found another bug that's happened a few times now - sometimes the attacking player runs onto a pass and keeps going leaving the ball behind

There is no excitement. I remember those games where you would put many hours to see something you could be proud of. I remember in ISS64 on NINTENDO 64 that I didn't find it bad to lose. I liked every moment.

Masochists? are you a therapist? Cause I do see allot of people with a submissive attitude towards this game. That is really worrying. Might be possible that PES fans are borderline :APPLAUD::BOP::BOP:

Last edited:
Get your game right on release even if it means delaying it a bit. The fans are fed up and with s yearly cycle there is no sense buying a game for 6 months.
Money is tight these days and people will wait

that woud mean we would recieve the game in 2015..somewhere around may.

that woud mean we would recieve the game in 2015..somewhere around may.

If their development cycle is the same then I would say you right but I doubt Konami would do that.

I think they will still aim for October this year with some teaser information next month. The usual cycle for the last few years

Found another bug that's happened a few times now - sometimes the attacking player runs onto a pass and keeps going leaving the ball behind.
Same here.

The thing that's driving me crazy though is the refereeing. I made at least 10 text-book sliding tackles and I think more than a half of them got called as a foul! It's so frustrating to be able to make the perfect sliding tackle after anticipating the AI's movement only for it to be ruined by the bloody ref! :RANT:

Other than that and a few minor bugs and inaccuracies here and there, I'm enjoying PES 2014 for the first time now. The patch has drastically improved the game and it's very solid now (glad that the patch came out for PC too). I was actually one of the people who wanted nothing to do with PES 2014 these previous 6 months or so. Now almost all games I've played today after the patch are much more intriguing and balanced, I feel that not only the ball control and dribbling are improved, but also defending.

I even managed to make a perfect through ball in between the central defenders - the thing we discussed earlier. :D

Thomas Müller is a beast as a centre forward for Germany, he makes some amazing dummy runs and direct runs into space. Will upload the goal later if I don't forget, just because of Müller's movement! :D

Same here.

The thing that's driving me crazy though is the refereeing. I made at least 10 text-book sliding tackles and I think more than a half of them got called as a foul! It's so frustrating to be able to make the perfect sliding tackle after anticipating the AI's movement only for it to be ruined by the bloody ref! :RANT:

Other than that and a few minor bugs and inaccuracies here and there, I'm enjoying PES 2014 for the first time now. The patch has drastically improved the game and it's very solid now (glad that the patch came out for PC too). I was actually one of the people who wanted nothing to do with PES 2014 these previous 6 months or so. Now almost all games I've played today after the patch are much more intriguing and balanced, I feel that not only the ball control and dribbling are improved, but also defending.

I even managed to make a perfect through ball in between the central defenders - the thing we discussed earlier. :D

Thomas Müller is a beast as a centre forward for Germany, he makes some amazing dummy runs and direct runs into space. Will upload the goal later if I don't forget, just because of Müller's movement! :D

About sliding I noticed that and already spoke about that. Perfect slide tackle and foul. You miss a tackle, game plays on. I haven't seen any card yet even for brutal injury threatening foul. Something to do for KONAMI. Also add some variety to medical staff (small nitpicking as hate to see the same meds for all teams :LOL:).

If their development cycle is the same then I would say you right but I doubt Konami would do that.

I think they will still aim for October this year with some teaser information next month. The usual cycle for the last few years

I have a strong feeling we won't get info in may. I understand their makreting for the game by releasing a teaser, but they should come out with a very good trailer, including gameplay and impress us. Nobody is waiting for a teaser, they should completely skip teasers with so much negativity around their game.

We shall see if KONAMI has learned from previous year(s).

Free kicks, refereeing, collision detection and advantage rule are atrocious.

These things worked fine before except the advantage rule which has been fooked since PES2008. As soon as your player touches the ball advantage is over, yellow cards arent given later either and this was in PES previously. Just dont get why they havent brought it back

Finally playing the new patch. Fucking love it. You guys (console) were correct in your assessments :).

For PES 2015, I hope they do not make too many changes. Just gives an improvement of this year version. A complete game, fixing gameplay issues, namely collisions, fault detections that influence the refs, gk's animations and position (widely improved in PC patch), injuries. Improve the heart system (still does not work properly), the animations, and cutscenes. Beside this, focus heavily on game modes (Gives us a great ML [No excuses. Will be a bloody next-gen title]) and online modes.

That's all I would ask for 2015, besides the graphics, faces, stadiums, etc. that will obviously be widely improved on next-gen.

Finally playing the new patch. Fucking love it. You guys (console) were correct in your assessments :).

For PES 2015, I hope they do not make too many changes. Just gives an improvement of this year version. A complete game, fixing gameplay issues, namely collisions, fault detections that influence the refs, gk's animations and position (widely improved in PC patch), injuries. Improve the heart system (still does not work properly), the animations, and cutscenes. Beside this, focus heavily on game modes (Gives us a great ML [No excuses. Will be a bloody next-gen title]) and online modes.

That's all I would ask for 2015, besides the graphics, faces, stadiums, etc. that will obviously be widely improved on next-gen.

Let us know what you think of Superstar on this patch if you can.

The new patch is definitely an improvement but what i'd like to see in PES 2015, is to get rid of rails (very annoying), better passing and shooting system and much better and varied AI.

Morover better depiction of stats on the pitch and more option on strategies.

Am i asking too much? :)

Last edited:
Not sure if heart has extra effect on ML, but the better team doesn't decide the result. Not sure if scripting is upped or its just me.

I play on Superstar.

About sliding I noticed that and already spoke about that. Perfect slide tackle and foul. You miss a tackle, game plays on. I haven't seen any card yet even for brutal injury threatening foul. Something to do for KONAMI. Also add some variety to medical staff (small nitpicking as hate to see the same meds for all teams :LOL:).

I play with Groningen vs Barcelona on Champions League and i get a direct red card and a Yellow Card in the 2nd half.
The game was 0-0 and i play Medium Difficulty.
The ref works good.

Not sure if heart has extra effect on ML, but the better team doesn't decide the result. Not sure if scripting is upped or its just me.

I play on Superstar.

Scripting on Superstar will really frustrate you on this patch you'll really have to up your game if you want to survive in ML offline. It's still enjoyable though.

Remember a few pages back I was laughed at for suggesting that the CPU decides matches.

Scripting on Superstar will really frustrate you on this patch you'll really have to up your game if you want to survive in ML offline. It's still enjoyable though.

I am on PS3 and have be playing ML for quite a bit since the patch. The reason I brought it up is because, I won treble with Bilbao with a bit of difficulty against the major teams (Madrid, Barca, etc), but I managed to win the WC (with qualifiers) with Scotland on the DLC with more ease.

It felt like I was in full control as to what the outcome of the match would be on the DLC, but the same didn't apply on ML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom