PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion, but i think he's right. Pes 5 is for example far better than this game, even though the graphics are not great.

This game is far, far, very far superior to PES5. I bet you haven't played that game for ages...
I agrre with you about the game modes though...

I respect your opinion, but i think he's right. Pes 5 is for example far better than this game, even though the graphics are not great.

Nostalgia. Try replaying Pes 5 now. It's a lot more arcade compared to Pes 2014.
Everything is so limited compared to Pes 2014
Passing, shooting, crossing, hreaders, animations, graphics,defending.

Nostalgia. Try replaying Pes 5 now. It's a lot more arcade compared to Pes 2014.
Everything is so limited compared to Pes 2014
Passing, shooting, crossing, hreaders, animations, graphics,defending.

Passing and shooting is much better in pes 5.

Passing system in Pes 2014 is so restrictive and limited. In pes 5 even if passing is assisted is more free and stats depending.

The same with shooting. Much better...

However i agree with you about headers, animation, graphics and defending.

Nothing better than that 100 miles an hour feeling of PES5 and that truck-like turning/ movement system. Best player in the game: OBAFEMI MARTINS.

PES 2014 is buggy as hell, and the game modes are just shite. But the core game is pretty solid and can give a feeling that you just play a football match.

Prejudices...
Keep in mind that pes 5 is a 2005 game, so the graphics/animations are not great, but the gameplay, the most important thing, is way better than pes 2014.

That comment made me roll on floor laughing hard.

Great football game? Seriously? Wow, fans have low expectations it seems. Compare this piece of garbage with UI from 90 and Game Modes from same era to some other games out there. Times moved forward leaving Japan far behind in gaming industry standards (only Kojima did it right).

Plus try telling that lies to PC users who didn't get 1.10. patch yet or DP5 :LOL:. KONAMI is shockingly bad for accepting this farce to continue (sorry, but one does not treat fans like shit).

I won't be buying any PES from now on. Blame your PR department and how you approached customers. Finito.

Won't be posting around here either. No point. Won't get your point through some hard, hardcore skulls here.

Boo hoo

Go play pes5 again and come tell me PES2014 isnt miles better

Again this game has flaws and yes it lacks modes, the commentary, UI and presentation is vomit inducing to name a few but it plays a great game of football.

What do you mean by YOUR PR?

Last edited:
Prejudices...
Keep in mind that pes 5 is a 2005 game, so the graphics/animations are not great, but the gameplay, the most important thing, is way better than pes 2014.

People saw past the many flaws back then. I won't forget how every team sat deep and defended. The Damn crab walk was in that game too. At the time it was great though but to say it's ahead of PES2014 gameplay is ridiculous

In PES 5, the teams played with a lot of passes, in PES 2014 they use a lot the tricks and it doesnt feel football at all, even pes 2013 was better. As if it wasnt enough, the player stats influence is minimal.

Nothing better than that 100 miles an hour feeling of PES5 and that truck-like turning/ movement system. Best player in the game: OBAFEMI MARTINS.

PES 2014 is buggy as hell, and the game modes are just shite. But the core game is pretty solid and can give a feeling that you just play a football match.
that is all i am saying bro the core of the game is good, the other game doesnt even come close

In PES 5, the teams played with a lot of passes, in PES 2014 they use a lot the tricks and it doesnt feel football at all, even pes 2013 was better. As if it wasnt enough, the player stats influence is minimal.
Oi there were tricks too in pes 2013 the annoying body movement nobody can predict and the flick over a defender was all too common

Prejudices...
You are the one who is comparing both entries. I loved PES5.

Every game has good and bad traits. Focus only on the bad will lead to nowhere.

Don't like PES 2014? Is your call. No one is forcing you to play the game. Want to critise the game? Your perrogative too. Want an arcade game instead of simulation based game? Your choice too.

But to say that PES5 gameplay is better than PES2014 is just ludicrous. The pasing system is way better in PES 2014, you can actually put the ball were you want (passing assist levels/manual passing/advance trough ball), you have curled shots, chipped shot are not the most difficult skill to learn in the game, like in PES5, etc., etc. And all of this is normal, there's an 9 years gap between the games.

If you want to compare the games in an all-time list in terms of perfection based on resources used, overall quality and impactfulness that's a different story.

All the people still playing old gen PES, are they stupid or do they see that the older pes are far better ? You know ehat i mean

The pasing system is way better in PES 2014, you can actually put the ball were you want (passing assist levels/manual passing/advance trough ball)

I'm not fun of manual. Lets talk about assisted (2 bar level). Every pass goes over the receiver and never in space. Long passing the same.

I agree that pes 2014 has good base but the same time KONAMI have to fix and improve many areas of the game. Like passing, shooting, stamina system, individuality, AI, player awareness, (again) GK, team id and better built-up play form CPU and many more.

That Gareth Bale run... typical thing you can't do on pes 2014 because the algorithm behind acceleration/top speed is broken.

Agree with broxopios.

People blind out things like foul count in the current game and at the same time write about old and outdated gameplay mechanics from past games, it's a very selective thing to do really, sweeping bad aspects from the current game under the table which have a massive impact on the gameplay.

Sure PES5 players might miss something here and there but at least there is the flow and pace of the game which is closer to the real deal and basically all the gameplay mechanics are actually spot on, unlike 2014.

less and works > more and does not fully work

Last edited:
PES 2014 is all about creating a railed experience. Every single event feels railed and rigged, I do not feel the freedom and reward for creative play which previous football game gave me. I do not feel the freedom, fun, joy and satisfaction previous games of the series gave me (even if they feel arcady).

The implemented momentum, ball physics, collision and AI pressure of this game is just faked difficulty, making the game harder for no apparent reason. Running momentum is an excuse to make my player(s) run along a railed predetermined path, meaning straight into the path of an opponent. The exaggeration physics of this game make it a laborious chores and constanly frustration, not an enjoyable experience any more. The only feeling I have when you play this game is blocking, obstacle, obstructions, tumbling, cul-de-sac at every turn, unstoppable railed running at every manoeuver.

Players in real life has more control over their momentum, body centre of gravity, stopping and taking evasive action than this infuriating game. I feel I have no control over my movement because of this exaggeration of realism, which is in fact a disgrace to the beautiful game of football.

My player run into an opponent and stop dead like hitting a brick wall, tumble and fall over for very little colision, being carried by opponents on their feet like a mannequin.

The pixel detection in collision of this game is not based on physics of the muscle mass the human body, it is based on statue made of concrete blocks, that why when player/player and ball/player collision, the result seemed very unnatural and forcefully scripted. The ball behaviour based on these collision is inconsistent and illogical at times. I can not read the game and play it due to the ball inconsistent behavior.

The pixel detection of dispossession of this game is not based on skills, but stats and scriptings. Therefore dexterity and response reaction speed of player is not applicable. I will be dispossess, no matter what.

I know certain event is gonna happen, but unable to prevent it.
The script is snapped in before my control input. For example. when I passed to a nearby player. Upon receiving the ball, the player I control either stop dead, paused, dazed or run instantly along a force railed path into an opponent's path, without me have the time to input anything or my input takes such a long time to come into effect that I feel wrestling with an invisible player which also holding my controller (ghost in the machine).

It is because the transition/switching between the AI and my control is too slow. Therefore there is a lot of moment whereby my controlled player seem stopped in their track or running aimlessly due to sudden a brain dead ( a state when neither AI routine nor my control is controlling said player).

The unnatural pressure the computer put on my players is also a unnecessary faked difficulty. I do not have any time to play creatively. The intense pressure and the built-in advantage of acceleration and speed the computer has will constantly create a sense of faked urgency on my decision. I do not feel I am allowed to play creatively. I have no breathing space with a constant tiring missile homing in and 100 percent dispossession from AI.

The concept on constant pressure and force error from my part is exaggerated and the outcome of pressure is also faked. The computer assumed and decided that I will make an error due to I am being under pressure, not based on the outcome of my dexterity and reaction.

Sometimes, I make a successful evasive action, but the program will make an error outcome for me because it believed that I should make an error under certain condition.

I can win in the end, but mostly my goals are contrived and unsatisfactory because I can not play creatively when the AI of my team is so poor. I can only win the way the game want me to do to win.

The game does not reward me for playing well, for playing with inspiration and creativity.

Last edited:
This game is far, far, very far superior to PES5. I bet you haven't played that game for ages...
I agrre with you about the game modes though...
LOL!!
Just watch one match (AI vs AI) on PES 5 and PES 2014 (before last patch, because I haven't tried last one) and I am sure that you will come back with an opposite opinion!! AI in PES 2014 is SO dumb - I couldn't even watch that game for 25min in game time (15 min halfes)!!
It's not football, it's not even a team sport - player who has the ball runs with it like an idiot till he looses it or makes aimless through ball and that's all what AI is capable of!! Oh, sorry - it tries to do some tricks too, which don't make any sense and make this game look even worse!! This opponion is more based on PES 2013 and in PES 2014 AI passes the ball around just a LITTLE BIT more, but still it's DUMB as hell and it's hard to watch this parody of football game!!

PES 2014 is all about creating a railed experience. Every single event feels railed and rigged, You do not feel the freedom and reward for creative play which previous football game gave You. You do not feel the freedom, fun, joy and satisfaction previous games of the series gave you (even if they feel arcady).

The implemented momentum, ball physics, collision and AI pressure of this game is just faked difficulty, making the game harder for no apparent reason. Running momentum is an excuse to make your player run along a railed predetermined path, meaning straight into the path of an opponent. The exaggeration physics of this game make it a laborious chores and constanly frustration, not an enjoyable experience any more. The only feeling You have when you play this game is blocking, obstacle, obstructions, unstoppable railed running at every turn.

Players in real life has more control over their momentum, body centre of gravity, stopping and taking evasive action than this infuriating game. You feel You have no control over your movement because of this exaggeration of realism, which is in fact a disgrace to the beautiful game of football.

Your player run into an opponent and stop dead like hitting a brick wall, tumble and fall over for very little colision, being carried by opponents on their feet like a mannequin.

The pixel detection in collision of this game is not based on physics of the muscle mass the human body, it is based on statue made of concrete blocks, that why when player/player and ball/player collision, the result seemed very unnatural and forcefully scripted. The ball behaviour based on these collision is inconsistent and illogical at times. You can not read the game and play it due to the ball inconsistent behavior.

The pixel detection of dispossession of this game is not based on skills, but stats and scriptings. Therefore dexterity and response reaction speed of player is not applicable. You will be dispossess, no matter what.

You know certain event is gonna happen, but unable to prevent it.
The script is snapped in before your control input. For example. when you passed to a nearby player. Upon receiving the ball, the player you control either stop dead, paused, dazed or run instantly along a force railed path into an opponent's path, without you have the time to input anything or your input takes such a long time to come into effect that You feel wrestling with an invisible player which also holding your controller (ghost in the machine).

It is because the transition/switching between the AI and your control is too slow. Therefore there is a lot of moment whereby your controlled player seem stopped in their track or running aimlessly due to sudden a brain dead ( a state when neither AI routine nor your control is controlling said player).

The unnatural pressure the computer put on your players is also a unnecessary faked difficulty. You do not have any time to play creatively. The intense pressure and the built-in advantage of acceleration and speed the computer has will constantly create a sense of faked urgency on your decision. You do not feel you are allowed to play creatively. You have no breathing space with a constant tiring missile homing in and 100 percent dispossession from AI.

The concept on constant pressure and force error from your part is exaggerated and the outcome of pressure is also faked. The computer assumed and decided that You will make an error due to you are being under pressure, not based on the outcome of your dexterity and reaction.

Sometimes, you make a successful evasive action, but the program will make an error outcome for you because it believed that You should make an error under certain condition.

You can win in the end, but mostly your goals are contrived and unsatisfactory because You can not play creatively when the AI of your team is so poor. You can only win the way the game want You to do to win.

The game does not reward You for playing well, for playing with inspiration and creativity.

In fact I feel freedom, fun and joy with this game,so maybe I´m playing it different than you do.
The way I play is based on build up play.
I pass the ball around till I find a gap where for example a striker might be able to do a finish.
If I don´t have passing stations up front, I pass the ball back to the defenders or even the goalie and start a new build up play.
It´s kind of like real football I feel there.
I use counters after conquering the ball, I use double passes, sometimes I even use long balls and quite often I get some really nice passing plays with successful finishes.
I play on top player and I have to say, that to me, it´s quite struggling.

Anyone who plays on superstar and wins match after match...nice, good for you, either they really got skills (in fact I wouldn´t say I´m a bad player) or they are just using every single trick like player sending, long ball spamming etc.

What you wrote up there is your point of view but yet you use all them "You´s", and "your´s".

Seems like some people wanna force their opinion to others with a different one.

There are people (like me) who really enjoy that game, but they know that it´s not perfect.
I have been a huge fan of the old PES games (started with PES 3 on PS2), and yes I had a lot of fun with PES 5 and 6 but that was back then.
Now, I can´t have the same fun and joy with it as I had when they came out.
I don´t even wanna play PES 2013 anymore...lol.

If people still enjoy those previous versions, cool, but let us also enjoy this one.

Of course there are things to discuss about and there are flaws, no doubt.
And we shouldn´t forget that this also a matter of priority, like which bugs or flaws annoy you more and which ones you can easily look over.

And by the way, momentum or scripting is NOT a problem of PES 2014, it had been there quite noticable in PES 2010 (maybe eralier), but since PES 2010 when I played the masterleague I remember games where I extremely felt that the CPU gave me disadvantages and all that crap we were talking about a few pages before.

Last edited:
Passing and shooting is much better in pes 5.

Passing system in Pes 2014 is so restrictive and limited. In pes 5 even if passing is assisted is more free and stats depending.

The same with shooting. Much better...

However i agree with you about headers, animation, graphics and defending.

So, passing is more limited, on rails, but more free?
Same with shooting?

Did you really play Pes 5 lately?
I tried and let me tell you the passing is based on the man receiving the ball, not on direction you want to put the ball, it's like Pes 2014 on 3-4 bars assistance

Try playing with 0 bars in Pes 2014, manual shooting. You have the freedom to put the shot near corners if you want to, the freedom to put the pass where you want

Only one thing i agree with: Pes 5 (or 6) is more fun to play, but it's that way because it's more fast paced,more precise (because assisted)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom