PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it on Superstar you might change your mind, it's a big step up from Top Player. If you remember what scripting was like in Pes 2013 it's quite similar . . . . pulling your defenders out of the way etc. but that's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion and I'm also having the best games I've ever had, totally absorbed in it.

Why not playing top player then? I downdraded the difficulty level and I am enjoying the game so much more. The lower the difficulty the less the scripting, surprisingly it is still competitive

Try it on Superstar you might change your mind, it's a big step up from Top Player. If you remember what scripting was like in Pes 2013 it's quite similar . . . . pulling your defenders out of the way etc. but that's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion and I'm also having the best games I've ever had, totally absorbed in it.

But buddy I am enjoying it and find top player perfect

Is top player too easy and Superstar to scripted then?

Something like having FIFA system in game. There are 2 phases of tiredness in FIFA after all.

If your player has got second wind attribute (sorry, can't remember the proper name :P), you will see huge difference compared to other players in the end game...

Same thing applies to substitutions.

In FIFA it's visible that players have separate staminas for each player. Ie. if you run a lot with one player he will be out of breath fast.

In PES it doesn't matter how much your player runs, he and rest of team will tire in same way. You can check it out @60min checking Energy levels. PES was always like that since 2008... They never changed this system (which is bugged/glitched :P).

Och well, henry might explain it better.

But buddy I am enjoying it and find top player perfect

Is top player too easy and Superstar to scripted then?

I do find Top Player too easy. . . so what? That's why I play Superstar it's more of a challenge and that's why there's scripting. . .to give you that challenge.

Why do some people automatically think that because you mention scripting it means that you're complaining or not enjoying the game and offer you the solution of dropping down a level?

Why not playing top player then? I downdraded the difficulty level and I am enjoying the game so much more. The lower the difficulty the less the scripting, surprisingly it is still competitive

Top player is too easy that's why. It's the same as Superstar on the last patch.

Something like having FIFA system in game. There are 2 phases of tiredness in FIFA after all.

If your player has got second wind attribute (sorry, can't remember the proper name :P), you will see huge difference compared to other players in the end game...

Same thing applies to substitutions.

In FIFA it's visible that players have separate staminas for each player. Ie. if you run a lot with one player he will be out of breath fast.

In PES it doesn't matter how much your player runs, he and rest of team will tire in same way. You can check it out @60min checking Energy levels. PES was always like that since 2008... They never changed this system (which is bugged/glitched :P).

Och well, henry might explain it better.

I don't play FIFAso I didn't Know.
So it's basically a short term stamina for sprinting. Like if you have 3 dash in short term you cannot sprint for another 15 min or something like that?
That's actually a thing that will really be pleased if there were to be implemented. More realism and the possibility to get rid of all those speed whores MLO players.

PS: I also find Top player to easy. Damn, pre-patch (on PC) superstar is pretty easy too.

I don't play FIFAso I didn't Know.
So it's basically a short term stamina for sprinting. Like if you have 3 dash in short term you cannot sprint for another 15 min or something like that?
That's actually a thing that will really be pleased if there were to be implemented. More realism and the possibility to get rid of all those speed whores MLO players.

PS: I also find Top player to easy. Damn, pre-patch (on PC) superstar is pretty easy too.

Comrades in arms.. .. . . Im not alone!

I do find Top Player too easy. . . so what? That's why I play Superstar it's more of a challenge and that's why there's scripting. . .to give you that challenge.

Why do some people automatically think that because you mention scripting it means that you're complaining or not enjoying the game and offer you the solution of dropping down a level?
No need for hostility.

I also find top player easy at times but would expect the odd easy ride every couple of games.

Will try out superstar even though I am quite content with Top player.

How else do you reckon Konami can make the game harder without scripting it further.

I am hoping NG we see more intelligent Ai allround. Some of the stuff I have seen on PES2014 has been quite good. The AI can really frustrate the hell out of you especially when need a goal and they start holding the ball and passing around deep.

No need for hostility.

I also find top player easy at times but would expect the odd easy ride every couple of games.

How else do you reckon Konami can make the game harder without scripting it further.

I am hoping NG we see more intelligent Ai allround. Some of the stuff I have seen on PES2014 has been quite good. The AI can really frustrate the hell out of you especially when need a goal and they start holding the ball and passing around deep.

The important thing is for you to enjoy the game, not the difficulty in which you play. For me, is just not challenging in ML, but I believe it has something to do with the heart system (good idea, bad execution). In exibition mode it's ok, but I have already figure out the AI, but it still challenging.

Konami should really spend their time on AI devolpment. They always have the better graphics, faces, and all of that. They need a gameplay to be solid, with few flaws, that has an idea, not shine things that make headlines and futher frustated the fans when they are only a marketing tool. The AI has to be good and remove the same codes that are in the series for good know how long.

The target of FIFA players they they could win are not the casuals ones, that just want a fun, arcadey experiencie, with all the licenses, etc., but the guys that want a more realistic approach and that is only possible with a major AI revamp, IMO.

No need for hostility.

Hostility? are you for real? There isn't an ounce of hostility in that post.

I was getting my point across as clear as I could, I wasn't telling you to play Superstar . . .I was pointing out that if you're looking to prove/disprove scripting . . .Superstar is your man.

They could make scripting more realistic in the future. . .like the CPU pulling off a brilliant move instead of blatantly handicapping your team.

I have no idea what all this scripting talk is about. How else do you differentiate Beginner to Superstar?!

Scripting has to be present to make the difference.

I have no idea what all this scripting talk is about. How else do you differentiate Beginner to Superstar?!

Scripting has to be present to make the difference.

Exactly. .. but it's the way that's it's done that's the problem! Ok I'm all talked out on scripting, no more about it from me.

Exactly. .. but it's the way that's it's done that's the problem! Ok I'm all talked out on scripting, no more about it from me.

I personally can't think of any other way it can be implemented ATM. The outcome of matches aren't predetermined.

the only way for scripting to work is to create 100's of scenarios. that many so scripting wouldn't be obvious and in your face. obvious scenarios would be a team coneding goals from headers if they have weak defenders that can't defend in the air, but would be strong on low crosses etc. is the only way to make the game more tactical. I can't think of another way for doing this. I don't believe in such AI where everything will randomly happen. just impossible to create such dept.

the only way for scripting to work is to create 100's of scenarios. that many so scripting wouldn't be obvious and in your face. obvious scenarios would be a team coneding goals from headers if they have weak defenders that can't defend in the air, but would be strong on low crosses etc. is the only way to make the game more tactical. I can't think of another way for doing this. I don't believe in such AI where everything will randomly happen. just impossible to create such dept.

Great ideas there. . . it would be ideal if they could manage that.

As for scripting, they can boost cpu players all they want on higher difficulties, but for the love of God leave my players alone. Don't make them worse on purpose.

No need for hostility.

OMG lmao...hahahhhha, u only on Top Player? I've been using SuperStar from day 1, and won all competitions! Hahahaah!

No need for hostility.

i thot it was just me that noticed that

Great idea. More variety will be good.

As for scripting, they can boost cpu players all they want on higher difficulties, but for the love of God leave my players alone. Don't make them worse on purpose.

Exactly. That's the most frustating thing in the game, when your plaayers feel "dead".

This is EXACTLY what I was lamenting at lengths in my crazy/mad posts in this forum. Stop sabotage my players and my efforts please KONAMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom