PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG lmao...hahahhhha, u only on Top Player? I've been using SuperStar from day 1, and won all competitions! Hahahaah!

WOW! You´re so cool!

98f54927f2a3395cb15d786e606b48bf7264d62f58a4206f22e7d40b3a6d46e2.jpg

Maintain respect and proper chat in here. Keep up what you're doing and you won't last long.

Just as a matter of interest guys are any of you using auto feints set to on?. . . . . . I tried it last night and made the game better. I know some will look at it as assistance but you still have to execute the move for it to work.

I was trying it with auto feint off and it rarely worked just kept running into the opposition or performing rainbow flicks for some reason.

Don't be afraid to come out and admit it you'll feel better about yourself!

Just as a matter of interest guys are any of you using auto feints set to on?. . . . . . I tried it last night and made the game better. I know some will look at it as assistance but you still have to execute the move for it to work.

I was trying it with auto feint off and it rarely worked just kept running into the opposition or performing rainbow flicks for some reason.

I recentlly start using. I really don't use to much feints and all off that, rarelly bother learning all the tricks, just the ones that are more realistic (nutmeg, step-over). I feel that it gave more fluidity to the game, and normally the CPU didn't choose awesome feints. It's just basic moviments and normal dribbles, for the most part.

I recentlly start using. I really don't use to much feints and all off that, rarelly bother learning all the tricks, just the ones that are more realistic (nutmeg, step-over). I feel that it gave more fluidity to the game, and normally the CPU didn't choose awesome feints. It's just basic moviments and normal dribbles, for the most part.

That's what I mean, just the basic feints .. . I started using it last night and I found like you said that it makes the game more fluid and helps a bit.

Might stick with it, I thought most people frowned upon it and thought it was cheating a little bit.

That's what I mean, just the basic feints .. . I started using it last night and I found like you said that it makes the game more fluid and helps a bit.

Might stick with it, I thought most people frowned upon it and thought it was cheating a little bit.

Yeah, but it still doesn't fix the player's moviment and collision. At least in pre-patch.

Any of you guys having the same problem here? With the latest patch/datapack, other teams only offer half price of the market value for my players in ML. Abit strange.. :>

Any of you guys having the same problem here? With the latest patch/datapack, other teams only offer half price of the market value for my players in ML. Abit strange.. :>

Yeh but I think it works both ways. . . . you'll only pay half the price buying a player. It was part of the fixes on the new patch.

Yeh but I think it works both ways. . . . you'll only pay half the price buying a player. It was part of the fixes on the new patch.

Yeah bro, problem is I'm not making enough profit to support my team now.. Team salary 200M Euros..

Is there going to be a tourney anytime soon?

;) when more people start playing PES again but I am not organising anymore

@deco
Regarding the feints I use them off and love them. Some players ate an absolute joy

Its card based so not everyone can do every trick unlike those ridiculous rainbow flicks.

On the topic of individuality

use default Ml then buy Sergi Roberto and Isaac Cuenca and tell me that stats are not prevalent. These two are head and shoulders above everyone else even intermediate signings that are better than the houliegue, Orrelano, Gellazca etc.

Really loving this game again pity about the silly little Negatives like 16yr old 90+ regens and very flat transfer system. They should allow you to wheel and deal but
Its been a while since a pes title has gripped me so badly

What a beautiful game of football this produces. I'm totally addicted again. Played ACL then ECL and can instantly witness the difference in quality. Such an immersive game.

I started to play it again after it went on PS+.

There is a huge improvement comparing to the released version but big problems:

1. CPU does not commit fouls, I think I had 5-10 games in a row without a single foul against me except offsides (top player and prof)

2. keepers stay on the touch line, when going one on one

3. point 2 rarely happens as ketchup bug is there

4. player switching still an issue
I think the main solution would be if they bring back the old
PES era semi setting. COM switches only after you
passed/shooted and the ball left your foot, not in random
occasions when you loose the ball and they try to predict
which player you would like to control next.

Anybody agrees?

I agree point 1 and 4

I prefer not being able to sprint passed Defenders with any old Joe

Player switching is semi and I have no issues with it whatsoever. Use R1 and flick analogue to the desired player.

Also defensive CPU AI is simply superb with small one touch around the box and lobbed throughballs they cut out the passes really well.

Last edited:
;) when more people start playing PES again but I am not organising anymore

@deco
Regarding the feints I use them off and love them. Some players ate an absolute joy

Its card based so not everyone can do every trick unlike those ridiculous rainbow flicks.

On the topic of individuality

use default Ml then buy Sergi Roberto and Isaac Cuenca and tell me that stats are not prevalent. These two are head and shoulders above everyone else even intermediate signings that are better than the houliegue, Orrelano, Gellazca etc.

Really loving this game again pity about the silly little Negatives like 16yr old 90+ regens and very flat transfer system. They should allow you to wheel and deal but
Its been a while since a pes title has gripped me so badly

Thanks for that but do you think it's advantageous to have feints turned on? It's not a huge difference but I'm sure the CPU doesn't feel guilty about using it!

Btw this game is really addictive . ... .it's so good I don't mind getting beaten!

What a beautiful game of football this produces. I'm totally addicted again. Played ACL then ECL and can instantly witness the difference in quality. Such an immersive game.
so lami you were not addicted before?

Anybody agrees?

Yep, player switching is a bastard. It and the lack of fouls are my biggest complaints with PES 2014. Otherwise it's a beast of a game on the field.

so lami you were not addicted before?

Not as addicted as this.

I'd play a good game then a few bad ones. But apart from games also the whole package seems better. Team formation screen is so quick now it doesn't hinder the overall experience.

I play on Professional and struggle still. Guess I still needs tons of practice.

Regarding fouls, it's a weird one. I play ACL games and get fouled constantly, then switch to ECL games and no fouls happen.

Don't understand the relation.. Do they code leagues/cups differently?

Mine are set to on too.
But I am just using the crossover and marseille tuns, depends on the random decision of the CPU.
I hold the right stick to the direction the player is moving to and then put the left stick to the direction I want him to move and either he does the crossover turn or the marseille turn.

I like when he does the crossover turn, looks way more realistic as you see them quite often in real matches too except for the marseille turn.

Or how do you guys use auto feints? Are there any other possibilities which I don´t know of?

I have auto feints on, but only for the simple simple moves to get past defenders. A few shoulder feints and all, nothing crazy like street ball. For me, I need it on cause I'm not good with making it happen just by myself. Now, I can use Messi, C. Ron or Neymar and get past 3 or 4 defenders to create scoring chances on Top Player. Before, I can't use them to get past 1 or 2. Is it cheating? I dunno, cause sometimes the computer just plays me so much I get frustrated and just push them down...haha, so I guess it's just retaliation to have it on...even the ball park a bit.

Just had the weirdest game ever, started a Master League as Sampdoria on Superstar. First match against Fiorentina and the usual stuff they went 2-0 up. So I switched to all out attack seeing as I'd nothing to lose at that stage.

The game ended up 6-4 to Fiorentina but the funny is I looked at the stats and I had 22 shots on goal. . . 17 on target and they had 6 shots and 6 goals.

It was a great match full of incident. It was run of the mill until I went into all out attack and the game opened up .. . unfortunately I left a lot of space at the back but covered well.

Their goals were all shots from outside the box. Their keeper kept pulling off unbelievable close range saves, I couldn't have done anymore to win but it didn't happen.

I started to play it again after it went on PS+.

There is a huge improvement comparing to the released version but big problems:

1. CPU does not commit fouls, I think I had 5-10 games in a row without a single foul against me except offsides (top player and prof)

2. keepers stay on the touch line, when going one on one

3. point 2 rarely happens as ketchup bug is there

Anybody agrees?

So shy old school keepers and almost no fouls still seem to be there and annoying people, glad I'm not tried to play it again, would have been more moaning then playing again. :TTTH:

Still an unfinished Beta with broken "Gameplay Mechanics"..

So shy old school keepers and almost no fouls still seem to be there and annoying people, glad I'm not tried to play it again, would have been more moaning then playing again. :TTTH:

Still an unfinished Beta with broken "Gameplay Mechanics"..

No its not far from it

Goal keepers are ridiculously good.

Foul count is a minor annoyance but an annoyance non the less. Hell it even happened (not sure if the patched it) on fifa 14 Ng.

Love how people look at only the Negatives to make themselves feel better. You are missing out on a great football game.

No its not far from it

Goal keepers are ridiculously good.

Foul count is a minor annoyance but an annoyance non the less. Hell it even happened (not sure if the patched it) on fifa 14 Ng.

Love how people look at only the Negatives to make themselves feel better. You are missing out on a great football game.

That comment made me roll on floor laughing hard.

Great football game? Seriously? Wow, fans have low expectations it seems. Compare this piece of garbage with UI from 90 and Game Modes from same era to some other games out there. Times moved forward leaving Japan far behind in gaming industry standards (only Kojima did it right).

Plus try telling that lies to PC users who didn't get 1.10. patch yet or DP5 :LOL:. KONAMI is shockingly bad for accepting this farce to continue (sorry, but one does not treat fans like shit).

I won't be buying any PES from now on. Blame your PR department and how you approached customers. Finito.

Won't be posting around here either. No point. Won't get your point through some hard, hardcore skulls here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom