PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Well, maybe it is just me, but I think that PES2012 is the best footy game ever. Obviously not Vs. CPU. Against the computer it is a nightmare where you can just run, run, run and try to defend those amazing Messi like players that CPU controls. But online (despite the "always Barça- Madrid" or "the people who doesn't want to play footbal, just win") it is great. And on multiplayer, it's fantastic.

They say PES2013 will be at a slower pace. Great. And these first touch options plus the expanded off the ball controls... it all sounds great.

Honestly, I don't understand how some of you can still be playing PES6. There are so many things improved in the nextgen PES... it's like changing from black and wihte TV to color. I think that all the "nextgen" things that FIFA improved like animations (over acted most of them) or the Gears of war like camera, while waiting it to load, just distracted meany people from what is truly important: football.

And in my opinion, the basics from PES in PS2 have always been there even in PES2008. The enormous jump between 2008 and 2012 in all the other nextgen things plus the new improvements make this game huge. I just miss a few things from PS2 age, like "home/away" in friendly matches, mixing 1st and 2nd kits or how the players get dirty as they play and (the most important one) the button in training (free training) that let you rewind time, so you could kick the same ball in a hundred different ways...

Last edited:

LOL sorry not getting sucked into the FIFA argument not for me thanks and I am not going to lock myself in a room trying to master an unituitive - game I tried that with FIFA 2010

Lets agree to disagree then because in the same way people do not give PES a proper try I have not given FIFA12 a try for longer than 14 days.

On topic I do not think its horror and trepidation at the new video. its just a lack of WOW news that we all yearning for

I would really like to know what exactly are those things you buy in FL? They should've gone into more detail.

I know it seems daft. Are you going to have better dribbling stats if you buy the training poles?!

EDIT:

NO mention of online filters makes the zeemeister very sad :( I cannot handle playing unassited passing with OGC NICE against a fully assisted Barcelona.

Once again, goalkeepers will ruin this game. By far the worst shitty defending I have seen in trailers... Happens here more than enough to judge they haven't spent enough time on them :/.

PES 6 keepers were better (and after using ShollyM gameplay v2 they are the best in any football game when it comes to realism), not to mention PES5/WE9LE keepers!

Seriously, how can you not fix keeper bloody God awful, eyes splitting animations for 4 years is beyond me. It's a joke KONAMI. Unfunny one to boot :(.

But there are positive things: first touch looks nice, pass the ball past defender looks nice, ball physics seem improved, finally they introduced passes completed % in game, which is nice.

Last edited:

This used to be a place to talk about PES and its new versions. If you all hate the game that much and prefer "that other game", why don't you go to a place where you can talk about "that other game"?

Seriosly, I'm spanish and i had to come here to write and read about PES because all spanish Pes sites are about the same stupid thing: game is shit, animations suck, bla, bla, bla. And now this place is turning to be the same.

I love PES. To me, it's miles forward of "ThatOtherGame" when talking about realistic football simulation. But it's just me. But, this is a place to talk about PES, not other games. So if you don't like it or think that ThatOtherGame (I ment FIFA all the time, yes) is better... go to other place, it's just as simple as this.

To me, PES2013 looks good, these new improvements with the first touch sound great. I don't understand how many people blame the supercancel, because I love it, and I think it's one of the best things in PES. Once again, if you don't like this game, don't try to change it and make it FIFA. That other game have always been there, if you like it go and play it and let us play PES...

In brazilian forums it's just the same, it's frustrating seeing these comments over and over again when everyone here knows (I assume) that pes 2013 uses the same pes2012's engine.

Animaton-wise, I'd particularly like to see an improvement in passing animations. This with a better ball interection in dribbling (less agility with ball not being too close on player's feet as it s in pes2012,and no clipping) is enough for me atm.

It's been said many times that it's the same engine and we all know it's limitations.

Yea I don't mind the animations at all and I knew what to expect. My problem is with the trailer itself. Expected much more detail and info. Demo isn't far off anyway.

People so clouded by hate that they won't even call FIFA by name, instead referring to it by "The other game". Hilarious.

Yea I don't mind the animations at all and I knew what to expect. My problem is with the trailer itself. Expected much more detail and info. Demo isn't far off anyway.

the title says gameplay video episode 1
just like with first trailer we had a general view of gameplay, and the rest were more in detail
i'm sure they will analyze every mode they showed in a general way with following videos

Last edited:

LOL sorry not getting sucked into the FIFA argument not for me thanks and I am not going to lock myself in a room trying to master an unituitive - game I tried that with FIFA 2010

Lets agree to disagree then because in the same way people do not give PES a proper try I have not given FIFA12 a try for longer than 14 days.

On topic I do not think its horror and trepidation at the new video. its just a lack of WOW news that we all yearning for

Always more than happy to disagree with something that's wrong ;)

I found the video underwhelming - I enjoyed some of the gameplay shown but the 2nd half or so just had my eyes glaze over. The buying of training equipment in particular, really didn't land at all.

Typical Konami on that front as well. Hopefully tomorrow is all about gameplay footage and details on improvements made.
Today's video started off decent, showing off gameplay, but then became a total blunder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Always more than happy to disagree with something that's wrong ;)

I found the video underwhelming - I enjoyed some of the gameplay shown but the 2nd half or so just had my eyes glaze over. The buying of training equipment in particular, really didn't land at all.

Buying of the training equipment looked almost Facebook app, in game purchase boost kind of thing.. Cause it was bought with PES points and not the money, hopefully it isn't like that at all otherwise it will be a cheap training boost instea of training working for the sake of training.

Does anyone know the stats of the PES2013 players? Some place??

Does anyone know the stats of the PES2013 players? Some place??

:P

I am so putting this up for the next thread

PESlist.png

Don't forget that it needs a new engine. And that I won't buy it if dog heads are in the game or if untucked shirts are unavailable.

Just show the game being played, unedited and none of that annoying music.

One of the worst PES trailer I've ever seen... pre order is canceled...:CW:
I hope EPISOD 2 to be better :WHISTLE:

Disappointed in most things I hear and see about PES 2013. I guess they are putting most energy in next gen PES, which they're obviously already working on. Like someone else already said, "meh".

To me, it was great to hear about the game modes. The fact it's the first video detailing new additions, some of which were elements requested by users, was exciting.

The only negative part in the video was probably the gameplay segments, but having played the game, it doesn't concern me as much as it will undoubtably concern others.

How many years are people willing to pay for the same old game? Unless FIFA 13 blows me away I'll stick to 12 and play the occasional game of WE9 and PES 6. Same ugly ass graphics and animations? I ain't paying $65 for that crap. Thanks anyway.:BYE:

bad video, really dissapointing. nothing new regarding gameplay, motion capture, animations... the things i care about the most.

Hi, see one post referring to videos back a few pages

then 4 pages of something i'd expect to see in parliament. Many people getting on pedestals preaching how their opinion is much better because they have been playing FIFA and PES since the PS One and how it doesn't match up to their and other standard blah, blah. Same old circular arguments with no conclusions. Egos being thrown around everywhere and nobody learns anything.

It's incredible how political people are over just video games. Why do people have to be so black and white about everything, whatever happened to those who didn't give a shit what game was better, they just played, it didn't matter, because let's face it, it really doesn't matter one bit which game is better. If one is good, enjoy it, if you don;t like it complain, and then do something else until you feel it's better.

ANYWAY.

so are video's and info today and pes 2013, or maybe it was delayed? Cheers. Summer has been awful here in london

Some people are overreacting. To determine whether you'll even play the game by just this video, is stupid.

It's a disappointing video because it was supposed to impress us with some of their additions to the game modes, and it was underwhelming. I expected much more, specially since this year was more about fixing 2012 errors considering next year is the big change. I was hoping for more in the game modes, more depth. Maybe it will be there, but this video showing you might have to "buy positions" makes the game look silly.

Gameplaywise, the overhead flicks look a little to powerful and I've barely ever seen them well used in a real life game.

Back
Top Bottom