PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Ok I wanna see the confirmation of any type that PES 2014 will be using Fox-Engine.

I must have missed it.

Konami make huge mistake this year .. they upload videos in youtube only.. there framerate is limitet on 30 fps ... I remember when they was uploading original PES 2010 and PES 2012 videos and trailers in some servers with full 60 fps and was looking way better , you actually can see real look of the game !

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
Desperate to get your hands on more info about Pro Evolution Soccer 2013? Then check back at 12pm (GMT) 1pm (CET) tomorrow for a new video!
Like · · Share · 40 minutes ago ·

Source:Facebook

Konami make huge mistake this year .. they upload videos in youtube only.. there framerate is limitet on 30 fps ... I remember when they was uploading original PES 2010 and PES 2012 videos and trailers in some servers with full 60 fps and was looking way better , you actually can see real look of the game !

Actually YouTube caps videos at 24fps if I remember correctly. Once downloaded vids from YT to see what kind of codecs they use :lol:

But to be fair to KONAMI here, YouTube is most popular video sharing site on planet and there is hardly any better site... With that huge amount of people.

Actually YouTube caps videos at 24fps if I remember correctly. Once downloaded vids from YT to see what kind of codecs they use :lol:

But to be fair to KONAMI here, YouTube is most popular video sharing site on planet and there is hardly any better site... With that huge amount of people.
Mmmm this is not an excuse! PES community is big strong to find each new PES video , everywhere ! From there it spread everywhere .. Yes, it is good to have an official youtube channel ... but not only there to upload new videos ... this is wrong and harmful. I want 60 fps trailers how was before ...

Ok I wanna see the confirmation of any type that PES 2014 will be using Fox-Engine.

I must have missed it.

Yup, looks like it ;)

I don't recall Konami officially saying PES 2014 will use the Fox engine, but I'm sure they've already said the next PES will be very different? Or something like that?

Last edited:

Yup, looks like it ;)

I don't recall Konami officially saying PES 2014 will use the Fox engine, but I'm sure they've already said the next PES will be very different? Or something like that?
Well in one of interviews from Brazil ,they say that for Fox engine or.. that was Adam and Alan in one WENB podcast :? ... but Konami say " Seabass work on secret game ,but its not PES ".. maybe is.. they will change the name of the game ? Or will make 2 football games same time ? There is a lot questions.. but we must wait several months for answers ! :YAWN:

Last edited:

*From WENB*

"Re: PES2013 NEWS, DISCUSSION, VIDEOS & SCREENS (Part 8)

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 pm
Guys, just an incredible email from Konami.

Spread the word, tomorrow we have an awesome video coming. It's long!"

NEW VIDEO TOMORROW...YAY!

Thanks for the info but I can't get excited about these videos any more. They are normally amateurish at best and give rise to more questions than provide answers.

Just as well the demo is only a couple of weeks away. :))

Thanks for the info but I can't get excited about these videos any more. They are normally amateurish at best and give rise to more questions than provide answers.

Just as well the demo is only a couple of weeks away. :))

From what I gather there will be lots of information in the video, about what? I dont know. And there will be more of the same videos coming.

Personally i would like to see a long gamplay video to see how the AI is working, especially looking out for the Park-the-Bus defenses.

Last edited:

Well in one of interviews from Brazil ,they say that for Fox engine or.. that was Adam and Alan in one WENB podcast :? ... but Konami say " Seabass work on secret game ,but its not PES ".. maybe is.. they will change the name of the game ? Or will make 2 football games same time ? There is a lot questions.. but we must wait several months for answers ! :YAWN:

I may be wrong, but a long time ago, Seabass wanted to make a game to rival FIFA Street. Dunno if he abolished that silly idea or not... ;)

But Seabass working on next PES is bad news for me. Although grateful for what he did in the past, what he did with the series, he didn't know what to do with current Pro anymore. Kei ideas are at least a breath of fresh air to the series.

Hoping to hear more from Kei and that this isn't only single story mode :(.

Where can I find those PESs videos running at 60 fps in HD ?

I'd love to watch them!

ps: waiting for the video tomorrow:))

Think the demo date will be announced on or with the video, just a guess though

If I remember correctly, those videos actually weren't in 30 fps, think it was in 2010, the master of one of the trailers, although much better in terms of clarity compared to youtube, was also rendered in 30 fps.

I may be wrong, but a long time ago, Seabass wanted to make a game to rival FIFA Street. Dunno if he abolished that silly idea or not... ;)

But Seabass working on next PES is bad news for me. Although grateful for what he did in the past, what he did with the series, he didn't know what to do with current Pro anymore. Kei ideas are at least a breath of fresh air to the series.

Hoping to hear more from Kei and that this isn't only single story mode :(.

It certainly sounds as if Kei Masuda is only in charge for PES2013 and Seabass will take over again for 2014. If that's true then it's a shame because I think Seabass has squandered everything he built on the PS2 with the PES series by delivering dated, sub-standard games on this generation of consoles. The time it took for him to acknowledge the problems and act on them is nothing short of inexcusable. Basically we've not had a single PES game that can be called worthy of the 360/PS3, and PES2013 looks set to continue that on a technical level.

Six or seven years of PES completely wasted under Seabass.

Meanwhile, the release date of the first PES 2013 Demo has been leaked, as several sources stated it would be released July 25th. We will keep you update on this as soon as we get more info!

It certainly sounds as if Kei Masuda is only in charge for PES2013 and Seabass will take over again for 2014. If that's true then it's a shame because I think Seabass has squandered everything he built on the PS2 with the PES series by delivering dated, sub-standard games on this generation of consoles. The time it took for him to acknowledge the problems and act on them is nothing short of inexcusable. Basically we've not had a single PES game that can be called worthy of the 360/PS3, and PES2013 looks set to continue that on a technical level.

Don't agree. It's not Seabass fault but KONAMI. They didn't invest enough money for developing PES. Seabass has great ideas for PES but without strong team, money, engine nobody can do something superb. It's not possible.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, the release date of the first PES 2013 Demo has been leaked, as several sources stated it would be released July 25th. We will keep you update on this as soon as we get more info!

Don't agree. It's not Seabass fault but KONAMI. They didn't invest enough money for developing PES. Seabass has great ideas for PES but without strong team, money, engine nobody can do something superb. It's not possible.
so it looks like PES 2013 will have to help us wait for what will probably be the best football game ever released PES 2014.
if what your saying is correct?
sounds possible to me, cause at the moment no info nor videos that have been released so far REALLY impressed me.

some videos looked ok but considering this is the ps3 and when u compare it to other sports titles they are a joke.
the only thing that can help is a mind blowing gameplay experience because to make up for those stupid models and robot animations the gameplay has to be just that, MIND BLOWING.

this is why i am really looking forward to the demo.

Seabass has been dethroned by Masuda, who is now lead-developer for PES 2013, 2014 and beyond. Seabass has been assigned to work on another game related to PES but not anymore the main-PES-games. Maybe he will work on an offshoot of some sort, like a street-version or futsal...

The information that PES 2014 for xbox360/PS3/PC and nextgen-consoles will use the Fox-engine was posted by Adam from WENB who got it directly from Konami-staff he interviewed/talked with in Brazil.

Last edited:

LOL you people make me laugh.

Seabass is a legend and a visionary. If it weren't for him we would be playing FIFA 2000 or no football games in particular.
For all the crap that people give konami they still capture the essence of football better then EA. I was shocked to find serious flaws in fIFA. I mean shielding a ball is not possible in Fifa. This is one of the most basic concepts of football. If you want to protect it get your body between the ball and the defender a very basic principle of football.
Player momentum and inertia? Nothing. the main reason why Iniesta is as good as any other midfielder in FIFA. He has no close ball control and you can't wrong foot a defender.

Seabass had his philosophy and in all honesty if it weren't for him who's to say that we would not have a fifa clone?

Although change is needed and sometimes a fresh start will ensure a different outlook or fresh perspective but I am VERY, VERY wary of this new team. I liked Seabass and his understanding on the principles of football and from what I understand what he wanted from PES was not possible on the current generation.

Apparently (from a jon murphy interview) he has taken up a more senior position at Konami and acts more as a consultant across different games. He still has a say in PES and I am greatful for that.

I mean shielding a ball is not possible in Fifa. This is one of the most basic concepts of football. If you want to protect it get your body between the ball and the defender a very basic principle of football.
that's simply not true, they shield automatically when they're standing, you can also use RT/R2 to move away the ball from the incoming defender, or if you're running, use LT/L2 (slow dribble)

Yeah you can do the shielding on FIFA and I'd actually say it's better since you can initiate it yourself whereas on PES, you can only do it if you're facing away from goals and you let go of the controller.

Have been busy at work today so I totally forgot about the video that's been promised...couple of hours to go now and we'll see what they mention ;) Not all gameplay from what I understand. Who knows what it could be...

Seabass is a legend and a visionary. If it weren't for him we would be playing FIFA 2000 or no football games in particular.
For all the crap that people give konami they still capture the essence of football better then EA. I was shocked to find serious flaws in fIFA. I mean shielding a ball is not possible in Fifa. This is one of the most basic concepts of football. If you want to protect it get your body between the ball and the defender a very basic principle of football.
Player momentum and inertia? Nothing. the main reason why Iniesta is as good as any other midfielder in FIFA. He has no close ball control and you can't wrong foot a defender.

Seabass had his philosophy and in all honesty if it weren't for him who's to say that we would not have a fifa clone?

Although change is needed and sometimes a fresh start will ensure a different outlook or fresh perspective but I am VERY, VERY wary of this new team. I liked Seabass and his understanding on the principles of football and from what I understand what he wanted from PES was not possible on the current generation.

Apparently (from a jon murphy interview) he has taken up a more senior position at Konami and acts more as a consultant across different games. He still has a say in PES and I am greatful for that.

Pure fanboy and most of the post total garbage

I'm not sure who is to blame for the last few PESs, I have a hunch that if Seabass just delivered his vision without compromise the last 2 would have been better. The demos were decent, but what happened between demo and final release was absolutely unacceptable for me. PES 2012 as a one player game is unplayable. I blame this on the fans feedback, the fans who -fear change- when change has been needed.

I'm quite keen to see what PES2013 is all aboot, C+VG and Eurogamer's praise of the early code is promising, as they are both mags i rate.

Also the introduction of manual first touches, passing and especially shooting are massive steps in the right direction if implemented properly.

I just hope that the player switching is absolutely sorted (ie right stick point at player selects that player first time) and the goalkeepers protect their near post. I can't remember a PES (or ISS) where the near post goal isn't a bit of an exploit. ie In real life you'd aim far post as the goalkeeper would cover the near post, and a clinical finish would beat him and a save might be spilled.

Graphics etc can bog off, I just want a responsive game!

Oh, and 2 vs 2 local matches need work too - especially in player switching when you can only seem to select players who are behind the ball when in possession, and only players in front of it when defending.

But perhaps these flaws are too deeprooted to sort out on this current engine...

But theres hope...

Pure fanboy and most of the post total garbage

At least if you have a differing opinion please say it. Saying what you just did doesn't add anything to a discussion and only provokes.

Back
Top Bottom