PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

The proof of Seabass's failure is in the product unfortunately. I don't believe he has produced a truly impressive PES (for its time)since PES5. As the man at the top of PES Productions, the buck stops with him, as it would in any other under-performing business. Sentiment aside, his tenure over the series has been a failure on this generation of consoles - falling sales and diminished acclaim both in the games media and among gamers.

Seabass has complained of a lack of investment but I'm not convinced the reasons PES fell behind are purely down to money. Lack of foresight and planning, failure to recognise trends in the industry, and reluctance to change is at fault here.

I thank Seabass for what he's done for PES last-gen, but he has been living off past glories ever since. I can forgive a blip, but the last six years have been more than that.

Seabass is just an easy target to put the blame on. He was member of a team and the whole team has responsibilities. Simply, Seabass was the main producer and as i said the easy target. If i have to blame someone, Konami is the name...

No one can be inventive and creative for so many years, it's natural that a time would come where the sparks don't fly and another creative and inventive mind has to take over.

I just can't help but rewind and look again at the goalkeeper at 0:34.

The other new stuff is city vs city correct?

For me the interesting stuff is the training-gameplay from 0:27 until 0:59. The rest is just about modes which doesn't interest me.

What I don't like:

- Animations look exactly the same as in PES 2012.
- Graphics look exactly the same as in PES 2012.

What I like:

+ Ballphysics seem better and the ball seems more free.
+ Finally the play-the-ball-to-the-side-of-the-oncoming-defender-and-run-around-him is possible.

That's it, too little shown from gameplay for my taste, but who cares, the demo is not far off.

Sorry ddint rwlaise I hit a nerve and thanks hope I have replaced jimmy then. I don't want to turn this into a war but would like to reiterate. You cannot protect the ball whilst dribbling and turning angles are the same for 90% of the players.

Also lashing out with a fanboy comment usually indicates the opposite ;) hitmanuk you been here moaning about PES long enough to know that.

At first I was a bit lost, 'cause the video wasn't explaining anything of what was shown. Turns out you need to turn on the Closed Captions :LOL:

just watching that gave me a feeling of 'meh'. I've really gotten over the hype and promotion when it comes to both football titles, neither tickles a nerve anymore.

Hopefully the demo impresses.

I seriously hope that a lot more has been changed in Football Life. Or am I supposed to get excited that I can go to an item shop and buy weights, training cones and a stopwatch?

just watching that gave me a feeling of 'meh'. I've really gotten over the hype and promotion when it comes to both football titles, neither tickles a nerve anymore.

Hopefully the demo impresses.
My feelings exactly.

Yet another unimpressive trailer/video from Konami. I cannot believe how rigid and almost regressive the animations still look after all these years.

*From WENB*

"Re: PES2013 NEWS, DISCUSSION, VIDEOS & SCREENS (Part 8)

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 pm
Guys, just an incredible email from Konami.

Spread the word, tomorrow we have an awesome video coming. It's long!"

NEW VIDEO TOMORROW...YAY!

Is Adam on crack?

One of the worst videos I've ever seen from Konami. Everything about it says archaic and dated.

Is Adam on crack?

One of the worst videos I've ever seen from Konami. Everything about it says archaic and dated.

a few things i noticed to make it nice, they ackknowledge online has been shitty with lag, by doing the side by side comparison. And have implied they have fixed that issue. Training mode is back in a more meaningful way, training is back to the individual player. And there are a ton of new animations. Looks to be improved over 2012

Tragic video again! Tragic player movement on rails, ball reacts like a balloon again. Zero progress in 2013! Please Konami no more! Its sad...

Sorry ddint rwlaise I hit a nerve and thanks hope I have replaced jimmy then. I don't want to turn this into a war but would like to reiterate. You cannot protect the ball whilst dribbling and turning angles are the same for 90% of the players.

Also lashing out with a fanboy comment usually indicates the opposite ;) hitmanuk you been here moaning about PES long enough to know that.

This is nonsense, to be fair. And your last post was equally out of perspective. FIFA still has problems with the areas you've mentioned, but not to the same extent. 90% have the same turning angles? It confirms you haven't played FIFA 12 much at all. I doubt you've experienced 9%, much less 90%, of the players in the game. Wouldn't you also agree that PES has a massive problem with dribbling ability? Because, having played both titles more or less equally, I couldn't take players on with Rio Ferdinand in FIFA 12 as comfortably as I could in PES 2012.

This is what I was saying. So much of the talk about one game or another's problems comes from hyperbole whipped up by a group of people who haven't actually played the thing properly. From their first game to their last (often the same) they've spent the whole time trying to confirm for themselves that the game is shit, rather than try and see for themselves the extent of the problem. It goes for the hardened FIFA and PES fans alike - playing the other title only so they can claim they've 'given it a chance', rather than genuinely approaching both titles with an open mind.

Separating "I love PES" and "I hate PES" threads has the same effect. It just deeper entrenches the views of those in either thread, and perspective goes flying out of the window. It's such a bad idea.

Last edited:

Some of you are too harsh on PES 2013 and the new trailer. Months ago, Konami already told us that for PES 2013 they would use the PES 2012-engine with all the lousy and rigid animation that goes with it.

All they promised was to fix the bugs of PES 2012 and make it possible to leave the rails without supercancel, allow for manual passing/shooting...all things that can't be seen in trailers but only experienced while playing the game

Obviously with this trailer they merely want to show some of the new modes, like training or the new online-features, that's all.

Anyone expecting big changes, animation-wise and graphically, needs to wait for PES 2014, of which Konami said would use the Fox-engine and therefore allow all the nifty things we all wish to be in PES.

ive also praised iss/pes long enough

Just saw the video...Oh god why...:SHOCK:

In a simple view i can tell this is the most poor change between any version in the history of the game.
Hope the demo shout me out.

If that's all the improvements they are making to Master League, than FIFA automatically becomes my default game. They have an actual real world management feeling. PES doesn't even have new regens. Buying positions? Are they going to have to make us unlock the WB position?

Disappointed.

This used to be a place to talk about PES and its new versions. If you all hate the game that much and prefer "that other game", why don't you go to a place where you can talk about "that other game"?

Seriosly, I'm spanish and i had to come here to write and read about PES because all spanish Pes sites are about the same stupid thing: game is shit, animations suck, bla, bla, bla. And now this place is turning to be the same.

I love PES. To me, it's miles forward of "ThatOtherGame" when talking about realistic football simulation. But it's just me. But, this is a place to talk about PES, not other games. So if you don't like it or think that ThatOtherGame (I ment FIFA all the time, yes) is better... go to other place, it's just as simple as this.

To me, PES2013 looks good, these new improvements with the first touch sound great. I don't understand how many people blame the supercancel, because I love it, and I think it's one of the best things in PES. Once again, if you don't like this game, don't try to change it and make it FIFA. That other game have always been there, if you like it go and play it and let us play PES...

You can talk about it here. You have the ones who like PES, the ones who like it but want more, the ones who used to like it and still play it because they don't like the other one, the ones who used to like it and switched over to the other one because they expected PES to be on a whole new level on this-gen but it isn't, the ones who switched sides because the other one looks better, and the list goes on.

But yea, it's a discussion thread. So go ahead and and post in here and enjoy posts of like-minded peeps.

People here don´t like fifa either, all they like is to complain and live from the memories of past PES games...

They can´t face the fact that they are old now and will never like any football game ever again while they don´t erase those memories.

I think we have right to moan about a game that in the past all of us loved it and it was the king of footy games and now has became something that no ones know what it is anymore.
Is not a matter that because is named "PES" we will always love it an say that is perfect, because these days is NOT. And is sad.
I'm still playing PES 6 because of this. Not "the other game"

Some of you are too harsh on PES 2013 and the new trailer. Months ago, Konami already told us that for PES 2013 they would use the PES 2012-engine with all the lousy and rigid animation that goes with it.

All they promised was to fix the bugs of PES 2012 and make it possible to leave the rails without supercancel, allow for manual passing/shooting...all things that can't be seen in trailers but only experienced while playing the game

Obviously with this trailer they merely want to show some of the new modes, like training or the new online-features, that's all.

Anyone expecting big changes, animation-wise and graphically, needs to wait for PES 2014, of which Konami said would use the Fox-engine and therefore allow all the nifty things we all wish to be in PES.

This.:))

Back
Top Bottom