PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

It's a mainstay of the PES launch build-up. Other highlights include posting of erroneous licence lists, talk of new engines, and 78.63% code.

It wouldn't be the same without it.

Haha and not forgetting 1 week before release , its not the final build they've yet to add 50% more animations

I think the battle between Pes 2014 vs Fifa 14 could be one of the best of all times.

Pes 2014 will have a new engine. If pes 2013 is a fixed Pes 2012 with more emphasis on simulation, since the pace has been slowed down to give a realistic feeling to the game, and with the freedom of movement (no need to press super cancel all the time), passing and shooting (manual) that we ever dreamed about since pes 2009/2010, plus PlayerID feature and Dynamic First touch (both will improve Individuality) that look so promising, then PES 2013 is definetly a very good base gameplay-wise to PES 2014. With the new engine that could possibly bring the Technologic leap that PES series need so much these days (animations, sound, graphics etc), PES 2014 can be amazing.

As for Fifa, the attacking AI is possibily much improved in Fifa 13, and the First Touch feature may improve that lack of unpredictability in Fifa. So For Fifa 14 I'm pretty sure EA will create a new feature as a response to the Player ID of PES, and remember that NHL introduced inertia/weight to their game this year, so EA will do something about it for Fifa 14for sure. Since Fifa 13 is focused on attacking AI, for Fifa 14 EA will probably focus on defence to fix any imbalance in defence/attack in Fifa 13.

Being optmistic, so Fifa 14 may have: improved inertia/weight (NHL), improved Ai defence to get a more balanced gameplay since they focused on the attacking AI on Fifa 13, improved First Touch feature from Fifa 13 and a new feature as a response to the Player ID. Fifa 14 can be great too.

Pes 2014 vs Fifa 14 is going to be good...

Last edited:

it's annoying the KONAMI pragmatism to release news about the game.

What? They released all the news about the game that are possible:

1. It will be based on the PES 2012 engine.
2. Leaving the rails will be possible without using supercancel.
3. Goalkeeper will be better.
4. Control of the players will be more complex.
5. 50 players will receive individualised animations.
6. It's a big bugfix for all the problems that disturb in PES 2012.

They have shown the game to journalists so we can read previews, they have released videos detailing the features, and a demo is coming end of July. I really don't know what more could be done.

PES v FIFA shock. It's a tired discussion.
Buy the game you like and ignore the other one.

I buy both every year, cause eventually one will get overly boring and so the other offers a fresh experience.. Switching between both is probably the best way to keep it interesting.

PES v FIFA shock. It's a tired discussion.
Buy the game you like and ignore the other one.

I had no intention of starting a PES v FIFA debate - that's just an unfortunate side effect of saying anything about one game in the other game's thread. My point was that 'ignoring' the other one, or writing it off completely without giving it a fair crack of the whip, is daft, no matter which side of the fence you sit. Never mind aesthetics, there are a lot of footballing things that one game does well that the other doesn't, and only closed-mindedness stops people from seeing and appreciating them. For me, THAT is tiresome.

I personally think that you can't enjoy both games as they are so different and offer totally different elements of football.

I personally think that you can't enjoy both games as they are so different and offer totally different elements of football.

But that's the thing, though they're different takes on the game they're both still football, it's the same thing with some people enjoy watching Stoke whack the ball from keeper to Crouch, while others prefer Spain playing passing football.. They're both football, and you can play both ways and both work!

What? They released all the news about the game that are possible:

1. It will be based on the PES 2012 engine.
2. Leaving the rails will be possible without using supercancel.
3. Goalkeeper will be better.
4. Control of the players will be more complex.
5. 50 players will receive individualised animations.
6. It's a big bugfix for all the problems that disturb in PES 2012.

They have shown the game to journalists so we can read previews, they have released videos detailing the features, and a demo is coming end of July. I really don't know what more could be done.

I mean the really interesting stuff. Leagues, teams, new stadiums. Do not even show an interesting picture! The game will be released in a few months!

They never show these until late. They might still be working on securing more licenses and all that. Must be final before they go boasting. They did show a few Spanish stadiums though, right?

I mean the really interesting stuff. Leagues, teams, new stadiums. Do not even show an interesting picture! The game will be released in a few months!

Things like leagues, stadiums and teams are license-bound, negotiations and deals aren't completed, probably until a month or less before release, so Konami can't issue a press release about them.

What is rumored is that more teams, leagues, stadia and modes for southamerican football will be included, and it was announced that the copa libertadores will be part of Master League in PES 2013.

As to pictures, there are some pictures and even videos released regarding PES 2013, and the demo will be here in three weeks.

The tactical menu needs some little improvements. I very much welcomed the abolishment of the convoluted time-based-tactical screen and prefer very much the setup that is currently in PES 2012, but it can be even better:

1. It would be nice to see the usually played position (ie. AMF, MS...) right next to the name of the player as well as the overall stat-number. That way you wouldn't have to press a button for every player to see what he is about.

2. I would like to see the return of the defensive/offensive-arrows from the PS2-PES-games. The ability as a coach to instruct players individually to play more defensively, or more offensively or something in the middle is imho important as well as realistic.

I miss the old Show the time and goalscorer pop out menu when you score/concede the goal. It was in PES3/4/5/6 sadly it got abolished in later games :/.

FIFA then returned it. Along with passing success ratio, how many yards/meters player run and such. Gives you more football feeling ;).

It has Barca's new kits. Konami don't normally update their graphical stuff that quickly. Most likely fake.

All I ask is that 2013 is a cleaned-up version of 2012. PES2012 was such a great game, but little bugs & poor refereeing kind-of took away from it a little. By bugs, I mean the goalkeeper, not going outside the box or touchline, when in real-life, the same save would do so. Perfect the game, than you can move & add new things

not gonna bother with 2013,nothing changes,issues are never fixed and this is clearly going to be a slightly improved 2012 with limited new features and plain gameplay that is miles behind real football,2012 had good improvements but the issues made it unplayable at best

If you think about it, PES 2014 will be not much different from PES 2013 at least in terms of animation and control.

PES 2014 will use all units animation from PES 2013 , will use the same control of the players, the same gameplay functions. I think the difference between the two games ,also engine, perhaps the most important difference will be the logic and transfusion of animations , some settings , online modes and graphics !
So... no news about demo yet ?

I'd be surprised if that's the case. If Konami are using a new engine designed for next-gen - by which we're talking not just graphics, but player physics, AI, audio etc, then it's unlikely that much will be reused as far as animations are concerned.

That said, it might be the case that the current gen version of the game has more in common with PES 2013 than the next gen version. I just don't expect the PS4 PES to reuse (m)any animations at all.

Last edited:

I don't think that the current-gen PES 2014 will be handicapped much. Since it will use the Fox-engine, the possibility is high that it will be a major step forward. After all it aren't the current consoles that held back PES 2008-2012 but the used engine.

Of course on nextgen, due to scalability it will look even more impressive and the AI will be more clever... but the current-gen-version probably won't be a slouch either.

*From WENB*

"Re: PES2013 NEWS, DISCUSSION, VIDEOS & SCREENS (Part 8)

Postby Adam » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:27 pm
Guys, just an incredible email from Konami.

Spread the word, tomorrow we have an awesome video coming. It's long!"

NEW VIDEO TOMORROW...YAY!

Back
Top Bottom