PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Got to admit I did think that the trailer was poor and didnt really explain much on what was going on in it. However it still does look very good in the Football life and training modes. The gameplay I thought looks really nice aswell. All I care about is the gameplay having a perfect balance. Sort the keepers out and make the gameplay more realistic and Ill buy the game.

Extremely bad video.It's like watching something from ancient times in terms of animations and also in terms of music.Whoever gets to choose all those music samples should get fired, this is tedious to listen to

In fact, I'm understand both sides! In this short video is quite noticeable the problems to the gameplay and animations, which is worrying, but on the other hand we can see some small improvements.
The problem is that some people have too high expectations for this game, expectations fed by some sites.. sites that claim to be near to Konami.

P.S. But serios.. defenders look shockingly bad . I hope that to be low difficulty or the second player has thrown down the gamepad for that first player to can record this video with some " cool goals and tricks "

Extremely bad video.It's like watching something from ancient times in terms of animations and also in terms of music.Whoever gets to choose all those music samples should get fired, this is tedious to listen to

I think Konami took over the organization of the Euros, probably to blame for those stupid countdowns to kick-off and post goal music.

You can add in the ability to buy stop watches, but you still have goalkeepers belly flopping. It makes no sense.

I expect the game will be decent after gameplay mods, but trailers like that do nothing to ease fears that this is another half-arsed job which will play poorly out of the box.

I don't know how can you be worried about AI defenders really. They were too good last year, so I'm worried that that didn't change. These videos tell us NOTHING about gameplay.

In fact, I'm understand both sides! In this short video is quite noticeable the problems to the gameplay and animations, which is worrying, but on the other hand we can see some small improvements.
The problem is that some people have too high expectations for this game, expectations fed by some sites.. sites that claim to be near to Konami.

P.S. But serios.. defenders look shockingly bad . I hope that to be low difficulty or the second player has thrown down the gamepad for that first player to can record this video with some " cool goals and tricks "

You're on WENB more than the staff, so I'm sure you're not talking about us ;)

We're certainly pushing the boat this year when it comes to telling the fans what to expect from PES 2013. It's something people are starting to accept, but even we get people who are dismayed about the graphics and animation, despite the message from many sources saying it's the same. Eternal hope is a killer.

As for the defenders, it was a video showing a means to an end, and with it players not keen on tackling. I'm pretty sure all the playtests have stated it's one of the strongest elements in the game.

all i would love from pes 2013 is a global stat editor like we have for pes6 on the pc,just as an example of what a tool like that could do, i took 30mins with the iss patch teams option file earlier and tweaked a few things

and here it is

its a 15min com vs com top player,now if i can do that in a half hour surely konami could fix the gameplay to play like that in a year!

There are kids who make YouTube fan videos for games/movies who could of done a much better job of constructing a modes trailer if given enough source material from Konami.

Terrible trailer, I did not know what was going on in parts of it or what it was trying to explain. :CONFUSE:

I'm hopeful the demos impress otherwise I won't be purchasing out of some love for the series, had enough of that long ago, when this FoxEngine is implemented and the series really steps up to impress from a technical and gameplay standpoint again they will have my money day one, otherwise it's doubtful.

There are kids who make YouTube fan videos for games/movies who could of done a much better job of constructing a modes trailer if given enough source material from Konami.

Terrible trailer, I did not know what was going on in parts of it or what it was trying to explain. :CONFUSE:

Seriously, what were they thinking? Are we supposed to figure out what they are trying to say
when parts of the screen flashes with no annotation nor voice over explanations? The only message I got from the trailer was that they designed a new interface for the same dated UI structure from before.

Putting out a games mode trailer as the first part of a hype campaign is such a bad decision. It's like being poured over the head with a bucket of cold water.

Where are the improvements to gameplay?

One really small thing I've noticed but it seems to grate a bit on me is that the ref's whistle when a goal is scored is always the same. The same pitch, same length and comes in at the same time.

Adds an element of "samey"ness to the goals in my opinion. Maybe they could delay the whistle sometimes or have a quieter one etc. People might think that's as bad as net fetishists but to me, it's a small fix that would add some extra variety and atmos. Maybe we don't even need to hear the whistle!

And is hard to add a boom to when you hit the post or some controller vibration. Maybe even vibration when you get smashed in a hard tackle or get injured.

One really small thing I've noticed but it seems to grate a bit on me is that the ref's whistle when a goal is scored is always the same. The same pitch, same length and comes in at the same time.

Adds an element of "samey"ness to the goals in my opinion. Maybe they could delay the whistle sometimes or have a quieter one etc. People might think that's as bad as net fetishists but to me, it's a small fix that would add some extra variety and atmos. Maybe we don't even need to hear the whistle!

And is hard to add a boom to when you hit the post or some controller vibration. Maybe even vibration when you get smashed in a hard tackle or get injured.

Ah, I actually agree!
And adding vibrations would work so well.. The gut feeling you would get when you feel the vibration, and just know something is up..

all i would love from pes 2013 is a global stat editor like we have for pes6 on the pc,just as an example of what a tool like that could do, i took 30mins with the iss patch teams option file earlier and tweaked a few things

and here it is

its a 15min com vs com top player,now if i can do that in a half hour surely konami could fix the gameplay to play like that in a year!

:WORSHIP: that looked fantastic.
how did it ever come to what we have now?

can u post the stats please?

:WORSHIP: that looked fantastic.
how did it ever come to what we have now?

can u post the stats please?

Whaaat?

That looked terrible. It is stiff labourous and limited. The players and ball move like lead. Seriously guys wtf has happened here? Sure the latest video was not the most fabulous video I have ever seens on the webzzz but geez. Get a grip.

Whaaat?

That looked terrible. It is stiff labourous and limited. The players and ball move like lead. Seriously guys wtf has happened here? Sure the latest video was not the most fabulous video I have ever seens on the webzzz but geez. Get a grip.

The game look better in real . In youtube you lose half of frames and fluently of animations . And you are right , PES 6 don't have better animations like units , but the logic , the transfusion of animations is much more correct,right from any other next gen PES
Anyway..

Here's how I interpret things. A game has good animation when any animation is related to another naturally, logically, without overlapping, without interrupting each other.
Example, if that is animation
95468636.png

has a beginning and end.
Here's how it should look like a normal movement which combines two animations
curect.png

That is natural logic of animation, that is how the people moving !
And here how look one bad movement, wrong movement , movement with one look bad and robotic
wrongd.png

This false transfusion can be seen in several places in the latest trailer for PES 2013, like here :
pes2013.gif

You cant see something like this movement in PES 6 .

Last edited:

The game look better in real . In youtube you lose half of frames and fuidity of animations . And you are right , PES 6 don't have better animations like units , but the logic , the transfusion of animations is much more correct,right from any other next gen PES
Anyway..

Perfect explanation! The animations and playermodels are better in PES 2012 but the transitions are better in that PES 6-video.

@CalcioCalabrese:

I like your vibration-idea. It should be implemented for hard fouls, strong shots, for hitting posts... It would add some life to the game.

Cutscenes are another topic:

i think they should be reduced to an absolute minimum, like for example for fouls that led to a red card or fouls that led to a penalty or for goals achieved. That's it. I don't like seeing cutscene for every corner taken, for every little foul... it's awful. If someone wishes to see a replay, he can always replay in the menu, but per default they should be at a minimum.

and here it is

Fantastic

Fantastischen

Fantactycznie !!!:APPLAUD:

i think they should be reduced to an absolute minimum, like for example for fouls that led to a red card or fouls that led to a penalty or for goals achieved. That's it. I don't like seeing cutscene for every corner taken, for every little foul... it's awful. If someone wishes to see a replay, he can always replay in the menu, but per default they should be at a minimum.

id say that applies to all games.

games rely far too much on cutscenes these days. video games are a relatively new medium and right now they are just copying films because it hasnt found its own feet yet.

games should stick to their own strengths which is INTERACTIVITY.. that means user control is maxium priority. the fact that most games 'stories' are told through crappy uncontrollable film clips is a joke. Half Life really opened my eyes on this topic.

Whaaat?

it was filmed on my phone,not an overhead flick in sight;)

im not saying we should go back to pes6,im just saying that gameplay should be the easiest thing for konami to sort out,chimps has written about this problem for years. the default pes stats are lousy at best. just a bit of tweaking in the right areas from konami and the gameplay would take care of itself. we shouldnt have to take a month every year fixing the gameplay before we get a decent and realistic game of football

il post up that optionfile later if anyone wants to try it

Last edited:

@ goalgerd not dissing the quality of the video. I am looking at the game itself.

Then again I thought PES6 was arcade nonsense bested by its predecessor. (Cringe at Adriano running through an entire team singing raindrops keep fallin on my head) and shooting a ball straight on target from 40 yards dragging 3 players by the collar behind him.

Okay clearly I need to make a a video of PES2012 with my phone. Konami video is shit because it is poorly produced and poor decisions on what they chose to show and the music is rubbish. I have seen FIFA13s first video which was pretty rubbish as well.

What I find laughable is the naysayers all pouncing on one video to judge the game. #overreaction.

@ goalgerd not dissing the quality of the video. I am looking at the game itself.

Then again I thought PES6 was arcade nonsense bested by its predecessor. (Cringe at Adriano running through an entire team singing raindrops keep fallin on my head) and shooting a ball straight on target from 40 yards dragging 3 players by the collar behind him.

Okay clearly I need to make a a video of PES2012 with my phone. Konami video is shit because it is poorly produced and poor decisions on what they chose to show and the music is rubbish. I have seen FIFA13s first video which was pretty rubbish as well.

What I find laughable is the naysayers all pouncing on one video to judge the game. #overreaction.

Which game do you play? In your opinion Pes 6 is awful, Pes 2012 is bad, FIFA 13 is rubbish. :FAIL: You looks like hater.....Everything is rubbish. C'mon.

yep,all of those konami vids are set to the lowest difficulty level . i played pes2012 for 6 months with the edited gameplay but in the end the ai did my head in. my mates came up with the phrase "THE GAME SAYS NO" to describe it,i mainly play pes6 now now and can happily play it for hours without any ai cheating,its just a much more balanced experience

:CONFUSE: It is brazen trolling ! And it not true ! Adriano from defoult OF was jocke.. yes, but he was just overrated , to high ability , its can be fixed with one touch from every one... is not big deal . . . :TTTH: If we can talk about arcadish game .. for me PES 2012 is feeling way more arcade compare with PES 6 !

If you want animation watch a cartoon.

If you want realism pick up a football and go and play in the rain.

Games should be fun, first and foremost - and the recent PES's haven't been fun but frustrating.

The new game at least has freedom, manual kicking and first touch skills, playtests on really early code has been really positive from reliable sources like CVG and Eurogamer.

On that basis I am excited, but like the last 2 years the main enemy to this game is the 'fan feedback' between demos and final release.

Seabass and co need to stick with THEIR vision this year as that's what has worked in the glory years - since the fan feedback has been a factor, each release has been a compromised mess, virtually unplayable and a waste of money and time imo.

Bring on the demo! And if it's fun don't change it! Games were great before animations and realism, these factors are just gloss and the glossee is the gameplay.

You can't polish a turd.

Can't wait for this demo!

If you want animation watch a cartoon.

If you want realism pick up a football and go and play in the rain.

Games should be fun, first and foremost - and the recent PES's haven't been fun but frustrating.

The new game at least has freedom, manual kicking and first touch skills, playtests on really early code has been really positive from reliable sources like CVG and Eurogamer.

On that basis I am excited, but like the last 2 years the main enemy to this game is the 'fan feedback' between demos and final release.

Seabass and co need to stick with THEIR vision this year as that's what has worked in the glory years - since the fan feedback has been a factor, each release has been a compromised mess, virtually unplayable and a waste of money and time imo.

Bring on the demo! And if it's fun don't change it! Games were great before animations and realism, these factors are just gloss and the glossee is the gameplay.

You can't polish a turd.

Can't wait for this demo!

But they weren't just fun. They were more a mix of fun and sim which made them that good.

I hope to watch the second modes video

Last edited:

Priskin is right though. When was the last time you truly had fun with a PES game? For me it was PES5. That game was a blast - fun, pick and a play with a nice mix of simulation in there.

These days when I play PES I'm constantly aware of the things that take me out of the experienc e.g. poor animations, dodgy keepers, random shooting mechanic, badly scripted and unbalanced AI.

Like Priskin said, Konami should trust their own intuition a bit more. Sometimes opening up to too much fan feedback clouds the vision of the developers. Trying to please everybody can result in a muddled game that pleases nobody.

anyone have any idea when the demo is out?

i think the video was ok nothing to rave about, its not really hands on its just a video about the game modes so it dont really reflect the gameplay of the game

i did like the way the keeper put his leg out for the save havent seen that in any game b4

in pes 13 as long as the animations match what u are attempting to do and the ai are not crazy the game will be good

demo demo demo demo demo

please:))

Back
Top Bottom