PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

anyone have any idea when the demo is out?

i think the video was ok nothing to rave about, its not really hands on its just a video about the game modes so it dont really reflect the gameplay of the game

i did like the way the keeper put his leg out for the save havent seen that in any game b4

in pes 13 as long as the animations match what u are attempting to do and the ai are not crazy the game will be good

demo demo demo demo demo

please:))
I'm beet on 25-30 th

it was filmed on my phone,not an overhead flick in sight;)

im not saying we should go back to pes6,im just saying that gameplay should be the easiest thing for konami to sort out,chimps has written about this problem for years. the default pes stats are lousy at best. just a bit of tweaking in the right areas from konami and the gameplay would take care of itself. we shouldnt have to take a month every year fixing the gameplay before we get a decent and realistic game of football

il post up that optionfile later if anyone wants to try it

yes please and keep in mind i play it on ps2 and not pc.
if there is a way to convert please enlighten me

The game look better in real . In youtube you lose half of frames and fluently of animations . And you are right , PES 6 don't have better animations like units , but the logic , the transfusion of animations is much more correct,right from any other next gen PES
Anyway..

Here's how I interpret things. A game has good animation when any animation is related to another naturally, logically, without overlapping, without interrupting each other.
Example, if that is animation
95468636.png

has a beginning and end.
Here's how it should look like a normal movement which combines two animations
curect.png

That is natural logic of animation, that is how the people moving !
And here how look one bad movement, wrong movement , movement with one look bad and robotic
wrongd.png

This false transfusion can be seen in several places in the latest trailer for PES 2013, like here :
pes2013.gif

You cant see something like this movement in PES 6 .

fully agree and the example given couldn't have been a better one.

That animation looks completely natural to me.
You're kidding, right?

Take a look again, please. That little gif posted there, it looks as if several frames are cut out from it! It's THAT obvious. No transition, body placement when cycling from the trap animation through to the shot animation doesn't look too good as well. You can clearly see that on the left foot of the player, he's gotta plant his foot before shooting with the other one, and that just sort of happens ridiculous, as if his left foot teleports half a yard to the right...

Completely agree with Antracsa.

Last edited:

Which game do you play? In your opinion Pes 6 is awful, Pes 2012 is bad, FIFA 13 is rubbish. :FAIL: You looks like hater.....Everything is rubbish. C'mon.

Woops gotta the comprehension skills there.
I am talking about the FIFA13 video I haven't played the game to pass judgement. Same as the PES2013 video, it looks rubbish but the game may be superb.

I play PES 2012 everyday atleast once or upto 7 games in succession on tourney nights. ( I run and am a member of 2 leagues) so beside the fact that I can see animation transitions or wobbly ball physics I know what is wrong with PES but choose to relieve my work stress playing against a few online buddies.

I play the game the way I want so not setting up 433 and with ordinary teams rather than the constant barca whoring online.

I don't even select players on corners as I consider it a glitch on the game. Infact that whole player select option should be relooked as its heav ily scripted. But with all the faults when the stars align PES2012 can be exhilirating its only spoilt by konamis lack of polish and inability to round off what could be a great product. They have been guilty of this for a while now and may just be onto something on PES2013 by improving last years game.

Yes we are going to have issues yes the animation set is what it is on these current machines but I can guarantee you I am going to be putting in the hours on it.

I've had a lot of fun with PES 2011 and 2012. I've also had a lot of moments of utter rage. I just hope with PES 2013 they get rid of the rage inducing moments. ie Gattusso dancing like Messi on the ball, while you have three people right on top of him and he still gets away, despite you pressing the tackle button (r2) a million times.

The overly direct AI is also very rage inducing. When you play Barca as Sporting Gijon and you win possession, you know there is something wrong. I can't remember the last time I lost the possession in PES. (Yes I play with all the unassisted stuff.)

The ML is so hit or miss. Big players going to shitty teams, too many cutscenes, and the yellowcard BS from the team owner. Internationals being played on Thursday and then you have a game on Saturday, and all your players are tired.

To enjoy PES at it's best, play it with friends that have a similar mentality as yours and you'll have a great time, with blunders here and there but livable blunders. Otherwise stay away from the game if you don't have a lot of patience. Hopefully 2013 will fix many of those things.

Animations on PES is not fluid and we know this. it has plagued PES on this generation and causes the game to look disjointed. The side foot animation has sucked since PES on the PS2 the way he readjusts his body to side foot it has always been a absolute joke but that doesn't deter enpugh to completely put off from the experience for me.

Any news on whether players are still flat footed?

Priskin is right though. When was the last time you truly had fun with a PES game? For me it was PES5. That game was a blast - fun, pick and a play with a nice mix of simulation in there.

These days when I play PES I'm constantly aware of the things that take me out of the experienc e.g. poor animations, dodgy keepers, random shooting mechanic, badly scripted and unbalanced AI.

Like Priskin said, Konami should trust their own intuition a bit more. Sometimes opening up to too much fan feedback clouds the vision of the developers. Trying to please everybody can result in a muddled game that pleases nobody.

It's a myth that fan feedback were responsible for the bad things in PES 2011/PES 2012. Things like bad animation-transitions, bad goalkeeper, on-rails-gameplay, bad playerswitching, mediocre ballphysics are there no matter the fan-feedback. That a realtime twotiered stamina/fatigue-system is missing in the PS3/xbox360/PC-versions also has nothing to do with fan-feedback.

The only thing that might have been introduced between demo and full release is the cheating-code and that also has nothing to with fan-feedback. This cheating-code is Seabass' pet-toy, he thinks this gives PES the drama real football sometimes offers. And he obviously wanted to prevent that people would beat the CPU easily on the higher difficulties since without the cheating the AI is after getting used to all the playmechanics and tactic-setup relatively easy, especially with the new offensive AI.

The only thing I remember specifically that got worse after fan-feedback between demo and full release was the tackling in PES 2011 after people complained that too many fouls occured.

And still Winning Eleven 9 LE offers the best gameplay experience of any football game... can't believe this game is so old now, but still plays like a beast ;) (from ball physics to snappy shooting, ball trapping, goalkeepers and player positioning...).

I wonder how KONAMI lost their way. I mean come on... I know it's not impossible for company which produced quality products to start producing rubbish in 1 year, but seriously... Does that happen that often? O_O

KONAMI never really improved on PS3/X360 era. Yes, last 2 games were better offerings than 08/09 and 10, but still they are MILES off what KONAMI did produce in the past regarding footballing aspects.

Blaming it on faulty new engine? Sounds like nice excuse given the time they had to do massive code overhaul (it's not like PES is made by 20 people).

Still will be waiting for PES 2013 demo. Impress me in positive way (like PES3 did) ;).

Still will be waiting for PES 2013 demo. Impress me in positive way (like PES3 did) ;).

I don't think that's possible with PES 2013. Even if Konami managed to fix all the bugs of PES 2012, to reduce the cheating to a minimum, to offer better ballphysics and shooting and to allow a little bit more freedom... it still wouldn't be enough to impress like PES 3 did, cause it's still the PES 2012-engine with all the bad animation-transitions, mediocre graphics...

PES 2014 with the new fox-based engine might be impressive though.

PES 2014 with the new fox-based engine might be impressive though.

Hope Konami with Fox Engine focuses 100% on gameplay and left the graphic aside. I've enought of pretty graphics, we want a decent gameplay like the old days.

Every week i play with 3 friends a league on PS2 version of PES 2012 and its a blast! (Its like and updated version of PES 6)

I'm still believing that a key programmer of Konami is missing or something, the one that puted the seed of magic on old glory PES

Last edited:

What if PES 2014 is shit on the new engine, we are going to wait and complain to PES 2020, or PES 2050 when we are all dead and gone.

Maybe we are always waiting and demanding perfection so much we don't know what fun is anymore? I realized over the last 5-6 years, forums all over the place, it's always people moaning and living in hope the next version will be perfect, not just that the new game comes out, people marvel its SO good, then in two weeks the start to complain, then act like it's the end of the world, then spend 8 months moaning until the new one comes in.

We just go round, and round and round and round. If PES is going to continue to disappoint, it's best we don't get taken for such a ride in the first place to be honest.

If a forum is not positive, it's depressed with people who moan constantly.

If a forum is not negative like WENB, it's seen as fanboy central or a cult.

There's just no middle balance whatsoever.

What if PES 2014 is shit on the new engine, we are going to wait and complain to PES 2020, or PES 2050 when we are all dead and gone.

Maybe we are always waiting and demanding perfection so much we don't know what fun is anymore? I realized over the last 5-6 years, forums all over the place, it's always people moaning and living in hope the next version will be perfect, not just that the new game comes out, people marvel its SO good, then in two weeks the start to complain, then act like it's the end of the world, then spend 8 months moaning until the new one comes in.

We just go round, and round and round and round. If PES is going to continue to disappoint, it's best we don't get taken for such a ride in the first place to be honest.

Is funny because on the previous generation (PS2) no one complained.
Something is wrong in the current gen and is evident. Customers have right to complain and not be conformist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hit the nail on the freaking head. Sure it has problems but bloody hell enjoy what's there and stop liv ng in the past. Sound like damn pensioners "back in my day PES was so awesome"

I am also in agreement with Jamezinho. Fuck the fans you make the game and take comments for the next one. This build by demand crap is unhealthy.

I don't think we're asking for perfection, at all. You may be satisfied with PES 2012 but the great majority isn't. And I'm taking a lot of people out of that list (the usual haters; those who love PES5/6 because it's 10 times easier to play; etc).

Last edited:

lol, people making assumptions of pes 2013 just from one video? come on guys... wait for all the videos and the demo to come out and stop pre-judging.....its ridiculous.

I must admit the trailer wasnt brilliant, but this is Konami after all.

Last edited:

10 times easier to play? Really now? I find it quite harder to play than PES 2011/2012 personally ;).

Especially WE9LE ;P.

Anyways back to topic ;).

New videos coming when?

Nice video goalgerd. Here's PES 2012 looking its best with some gameplay editing among other things:

YouTube - PES 2012 Bundesliga FC Bayern Compilation

I expect 2013 will be a pretty good game after similar work, basically this with manual shooting and passing and some other improvements.
What patch is this? I want those pitches.. Can you tell me which Patch Please?

Nice video goalgerd. Here's PES 2012 looking its best with some gameplay editing among other things:

YouTube - PES 2012 Bundesliga FC Bayern Compilation

I expect 2013 will be a pretty good game after similar work, basically this with manual shooting and passing and some other improvements.

here's the edited pes 2012 i was playing with using chimps gameplay and my kits etc

thats top player ai again

I don't think we're asking for perfection, at all. You may be satisfied with PES 2012 but the great majority isn't. And I'm taking a lot of people out of that list (the usual haters; those who love PES5/6 because it's 10 times easier to play; etc).

And football is not.. that difficult game, is just you understate him or not . IF new PES(2008-2012) games are difficult, is because they don't follow the football logic, there has things, that you can not control or prevent, because is has a lot error with gameplay coding. But in other hand , they are easier because u can use all that gameplay craps to beat your opponents .
PES 6 is much clean from gameplay errors, everything has football logical explanation, logical outcome and logical counter, for every action there is a reaction and everything is in your hands . Тhe game will be easy if you understand and can play football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom