PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Unbelievable.

You people make pes sound like the biggest bug ridden mess which it definitely isn't.

No game is perfect and to me its still a more realistic representation of football than the competition.

Sorry, but erm no?

Pro Evolution of current gen broke something which was of GREAT importance to us, Pro Evolution 3-6 era fans. That is individuality. Be it in players or teams.

I got back to playing WE9LE with friends and solo vs AI. The thing is after 1 week of playing it, you start to notice what current titles are sadly missing. I won't say PES 2012 didn't bring me joy, because it did. Much more than the competition.

But there are things I miss from old titles: great goalkeepers, ball which was feeling like separate entity, referees who made mistakes! (yup, wrongly called offside decisions or disallowing onside goal/getting lenient or harsh on tackles), team individuality meaning each game felt way different to the other before, AI was not parking the bus in front of goal, but was quite clever on how to get to your goal area, t-shirts and shorts getting dirtied in rainy/snow/sunny weather, turf changing attributes while in rainy/snowy weather (the ball stopped faster after a while of rain), etc. There is more, but you know what I mean.

As you can see I don't moan about animations or graphics that much, but gameplay elements.

To klashman saying about taking step back and getting off forums. As you can see my join date is... 2011. Sadly, I had the same problems with PES 2008 and next iterations of the game. I joined in 2011 because I couldn't stand how poor current PES are getting. Sad to say but a lot of people share exactly the same opinion to mine :(. That means that THERE are problems to be fixed.

Unfortunately friends I gave the game to and recommended them to play it, after a while noticed the problems of PES 2012 too. Faster than one would expect, but on more positive side they are true football fans and despite it's flaws enjoyed it.

Mostly noticed on first sight: 10 men behind ball, 100% successful counter/through ball/cross for AI, too many dribbles AI pulls off successfully, shooting not having that THUMP in them and that you don't really have the control of them, ridiculous goalkeepers.

Moaning? Complaining? I thought it was all feedback and could be used on fixing the issues or am I wrong?

Take a step back and look at the game from different perspective sometimes. I don't seek game bugs. They come out by themselves :(.

I think people are caught up in nostalgia. By that logic putting HD paint on PES6 (eeeew) would be better than all PES games on this geneataion.

By that logic putting HD paint on PES6 (eeeew) would be better than all PES games on this geneataion.

It indeed would :) . Thats how miserable current gen pes is for me and many more people. Tired myself of putting excuses on pes 2012 and trying to get to it all over again for like 10th time, but it simply has more flaws than positive things over older gen ones, thats unbelievable.

According to the footages we got, all i can hope for is a balanced attack-to-defence gameplay as ball physics and animations still seems to be crap.

Last edited:

I think people are caught up in nostalgia. By that logic putting HD paint on PES6 (eeeew) would be better than all PES games on this geneataion.

Luckily I have four football games to choose from, PES 2011, PES 2012, Fifa 12 and PES 5.

I wouldn't want a HD-version of PES 5 as it is too limited, the way to pass first introduced in a Fifa-game and then copied by PES 2011 changed the game for good and there's no turning back. Also the way teams organize themselves on the pitch is way more advanced than in PES 5. And the 360-degree-dribbling is also a clear step ahead of the dribbling in PES 5 (only the sidedribble-animation is still better in PES 5). Tactical possibilities are also more advanced in PES 2012, with one exception (the arrows).

So clearly PES 2012 is more advanced, more simulation than PES 5.

But still PES 5 for its time was way better than PES 2012 for this time. The reason is it was way more polished and balanced, you could play it for hours and not get bored, The gameplay, be it outfashioned now, worked, all of the elements worked so that nothing brought you out of the immersion. Playerswitching worked, goalkeepers worked, referrees worked, the atmosphere was good, animation-transitions worked, stamina played a role as using high pressuring made your team more tired...

On the other hand, PES 2012, despite all the advancements in dribbling, freedom, tactical possibilities... is not as polished, it's not possible to play it for hours and not fall out of the immersion, be it through the awful playerswitching, the blind referrees, the non-aware players, the bad goalkeepers or the missing transitions in the animation.

Then there is the tactical play of the CPU, mostly parking the bus and playing for counter, because the defensive AI is not clever enough to deal with the new offensive AI-possibilities.

I can only hope PES 2013 will deliver the much needed polish.

Luckily I have four football games to choose from, PES 2011, PES 2012, Fifa 12 and PES 5.

I wouldn't want a HD-version of PES 5 as it is too limited, the way to pass first introduced in a Fifa-game and then copied by PES 2011 changed the game for good and there's no turning back. Also the way teams organize themselves on the pitch is way more advanced than in PES 5. And the 360-degree-dribbling is also a clear step ahead of the dribbling in PES 5 (only the sidedribble-animation is still better in PES 5). Tactical possibilities are also more advanced in PES 2012, with one exception (the arrows).

So clearly PES 2012 is more advanced, more simulation than PES 5.

But still PES 5 for its time was way better than PES 2012 for this time. The reason is it was way more polished and balanced, you could play it for hours and not get bored, The gameplay, be it outfashioned now, worked, all of the elements worked so that nothing brought you out of the immersion. Playerswitching worked, goalkeepers worked, referrees worked, the atmosphere was good, animation-transitions worked, stamina played a role as using high pressuring made your team more tired...

On the other hand, PES 2012, despite all the advancements in dribbling, freedom, tactical possibilities... is not as polished, it's not possible to play it for hours and not fall out of the immersion, be it through the awful playerswitching, the blind referrees, the non-aware players, the bad goalkeepers or the missing transitions in the animation.

Then there is the tactical play of the CPU, mostly parking the bus and playing for counter, because the defensive AI is not clever enough to deal with the new offensive AI-possibilities.

I can only hope PES 2013 will deliver the much needed polish.

+1

I could play PES 6 for 10 hours and i wanted more...:)) Now 2 matches max three with Pes 2012 and i have enough.

Here is an example of animation I want to have removed or completely revamped. If it's still in 2013 I will throw the game out of the window. I promise.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 - Goalkeepers WTF are you doing?

This is a crime! Person who made that animation appear in the game should be put to prison. WTF is that KONAMI?! Have you ever EVER saw GK diving like that?! WHY DON'T HE STRETCH HIS HANDS FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!! It's a shot he should stop in 10 on 10 situations! My rage meter right now is off the scale. Is he the fecking log of wood? It definitely looks like that was mo-capped log falling onto pitch -.-

This game is broken. Goalkeepers and super artificial intelligence make this game a ruin in single player. Yes, I can look at positives, but the negatives... Ruin the experience so much.

If someone says that game is not broken and they can enjoy it with horrible AI and GKs, they must have gone cucoo :).

Not negativity. Just hmm, annoyed (we heard about keepers getting improved for 3 years, but sadly, they were not).

I want PES 2013 to be great game. I want footy game to keep me occupied for whole footballing season irl. Sadly, both games disappointed with their 12 versions. ;(.

+1 I could play PES 6 for 10 hours and i wanted more...:)) Now 2 matches max three with Pes 2012 and i have enough.

whatever the reasons, i feel the same way.
something is missing since the jump to ps3 and it's hard to find out what exactly. maybe it's the sum of many little things which add up to a not so exciting gaming experience. in the ps2 days i played for days and couldn't wait to have another go. i regularly caught myself thinking about strategies,
tactics and things that could improve my game.

since the ps3 games i kind of lost this fascination, somehow the undescribable magic of this game has been lost in the transition. it's a pity, i still don't like the way fifa plays (especially the ball physics and the way the players move and look) but at the same time i do believe that pes has been somehow better. it's a unsatisfying situation and in my opinion that's the reason so many people moan and complain about current version of the game - sometimes a bit exaggeratedly and immoderately.

Unbelievable.

You people make pes sound like the biggest bug ridden mess which it definitely isn't.

No game is perfect and to me its still a more realistic representation of football than the competition.

I agree and disagree, it is the most realistic representation of the sport but it hardly has much competition. That said, I do still love the series and despite it nearly causing me to throw my TV out of the window it still has that 'one more go' factor that, for me, the competition simply doesn't have. However, it still is a bug ridden mess. As fun as the game can be, there are more issues with the game than any other I've ever played.

I mean I've come across these issues:

- Bizarre collision detection where I can be running in full control of the ball, someone bumps into the side of me and the ref calls for a foul against me.

- Player switching issues totally removing control from my players with the worst possible timing.

- Occasional bizarre GK moments, where they come miles out of their area.

- Very rare occurences where the keeper just doesn't react at all, instead he runs towards the ball at someone's feet like he's going to pick it up, and the ball is kicked into an unguarded net

- Bizarre shooting issues where shots go in the completely opposite direction to where your direction stick and even player body position dictate.

- AI issues where your defenders 'pause' their run off the ball, allowing the CPU to run in on goal or leaves them with an easy chance on goal, mainly with through-balls.

- Dodgy AI marking where defenders just run away from their marker and off in a bizarre direction in their own six-yard-box moments before a cross comes in.

- I scored a goal recently that hit the underside of the bar and was clearly visible as being over the line, but again, I presume some kind of collision detection issues meant it didn't register as a goal.

Oh, and the bug that occurred the other night where the ball went off for a goal kick, I paused the game and pressed replay, then saw there were no players on the pitch during that replay. I came out of that, un-paused the game, and the CPU keeper refused to take his goal kick. I then realised I had control of my player, and to my amusement was able to run him into the penalty area, and could acutally take the ball from where the CPU was going to take its goal kick, and scored a goal that was allowed to stand :SHOCK:

I do see what you say, there are plenty of amazing positives about the game, but the number of issues and bugs does still really need sorting.

Sorry, but erm no?

Pro Evolution of current gen broke something which was of GREAT importance to us, Pro Evolution 3-6 era fans. That is individuality. Be it in players or teams.

I got back to playing WE9LE with friends and solo vs AI. The thing is after 1 week of playing it, you start to notice what current titles are sadly missing. I won't say PES 2012 didn't bring me joy, because it did. Much more than the competition.

But there are things I miss from old titles: great goalkeepers, ball which was feeling like separate entity, referees who made mistakes! (yup, wrongly called offside decisions or disallowing onside goal/getting lenient or harsh on tackles), team individuality meaning each game felt way different to the other before, AI was not parking the bus in front of goal, but was quite clever on how to get to your goal area, t-shirts and shorts getting dirtied in rainy/snow/sunny weather, turf changing attributes while in rainy/snowy weather (the ball stopped faster after a while of rain), etc. There is more, but you know what I mean.

As you can see I don't moan about animations or graphics that much, but gameplay elements.

To klashman saying about taking step back and getting off forums. As you can see my join date is... 2011. Sadly, I had the same problems with PES 2008 and next iterations of the game. I joined in 2011 because I couldn't stand how poor current PES are getting. Sad to say but a lot of people share exactly the same opinion to mine :(. That means that THERE are problems to be fixed.

Unfortunately friends I gave the game to and recommended them to play it, after a while noticed the problems of PES 2012 too. Faster than one would expect, but on more positive side they are true football fans and despite it's flaws enjoyed it.

I feel at times PES 2012 has too much individuality than people can handle. Even when i play in an arcadey way it see it.

Yes, i do change the tactics for most teams to get them to play like they do in real life, then again that's the point. On default settings on 0 speed most teams will play in a similar way, not because of bad konami base programming, just well lazy or not enough time put into setting teams up.

It's not something deep rooted in the game you can't stop at all like you say. If you give a team 14 or over for defensive line, they won't camp and counter, they can't because the game instructs them not to do so.

People made the pint,we should have to do this, change tactics etc.. then again if we take this attitude, we shouldn't edit kits since Konami should just buy the licences, same with Konami should know absolutely everything there is to know about every team they put in the game in a tactical sense.

Have you seen you have projected your point in that you think teams magically play differently and realistically because the game is just 'better'. That doesn't make any sense.

So you could say as a out of the box title there isn't much individuallity compared to PES 5 or 6, but change the tactics and set the up and it just absolutely ruins PES 5/6 in individuallity so much i cant really watch that game anyore, it's just dated, the tactics system in PE 2011 let alone in 12 just leaves it in dust. In WE9LE you can't get barca to play like Barca like you can in PES 2011 and 12.

Mostly noticed on first sight: 10 men behind ball, 100% successful counter/through ball/cross for AI, too many dribbles AI pulls off successfully, shooting not having that THUMP in them and that you don't really have the control of them, ridiculous goalkeepers.

Everyone and their gran knows the keepers are fucked, i mean, saying that isn't going to win kudos points, or anything, we all know they have issues. The rest of them are, or where issues, issues which show themselves depending on how you play, why don't you look at people who don't find these issues and question? Why aren't they pissed off like me?

Infact just ask Zee, ask someone like him, why he enjoys the game, maybe take tips off him, not just that all these issues where fixed in the 1.06 update.

I agree and disagree, it is the most realistic representation of the sport but it hardly has much competition. That said, I do still love the series and despite it nearly causing me to throw my TV out of the window it still has that 'one more go' factor that, for me, the competition simply doesn't have. However, it still is a bug ridden mess. As fun as the game can be, there are more issues with the game than any other I've ever played.

I mean I've come across these issues:

- Bizarre collision detection where I can be running in full control of the ball, someone bumps into the side of me and the ref calls for a foul against me.

- Player switching issues totally removing control from my players with the worst possible timing.

- Occasional bizarre GK moments, where they come miles out of their area.

- Very rare occurences where the keeper just doesn't react at all, instead he runs towards the ball at someone's feet like he's going to pick it up, and the ball is kicked into an unguarded net

- Bizarre shooting issues where shots go in the completely opposite direction to where your direction stick and even player body position dictate.

- AI issues where your defenders 'pause' their run off the ball, allowing the CPU to run in on goal or leaves them with an easy chance on goal, mainly with through-balls.

- Dodgy AI marking where defenders just run away from their marker and off in a bizarre direction in their own six-yard-box moments before a cross comes in.

- I scored a goal recently that hit the underside of the bar and was clearly visible as being over the line, but again, I presume some kind of collision detection issues meant it didn't register as a goal.

Oh, and the bug that occurred the other night where the ball went off for a goal kick, I paused the game and pressed replay, then saw there were no players on the pitch during that replay. I came out of that, un-paused the game, and the CPU keeper refused to take his goal kick. I then realised I had control of my player, and to my amusement was able to run him into the penalty area, and could acutally take the ball from where the CPU was going to take its goal kick, and scored a goal that was allowed to stand :SHOCK:

I do see what you say, there are plenty of amazing positives about the game, but the number of issues and bugs does still really need sorting.

They why you have presented issues here are much better than what i see from others. You presented things which well 'should' be fixed, player switching issues where you pass to a player and he's no selected so he stands there like a piece of fuckign cardboard, happens about once every 2 games. :CONFUSE:

These are perfectly reasonable requests, you still hold the positive into account also. This is positive criticism, not all criticism is positive and worthwhile, it depends on how reasonable and balanced the intention is, if your angry, cynical or disappointed the intention will be distorted.

finally, i'm telling you changing the speed makes a big difference :P

There's also a lot of repetition in the game. Every time the AI has a throw in, it will throw it and the other player will always pass directly back. Every long throw into the box is always the same with the exact same marking of player. I've seen hundreds of same goals where the ball slowly rolls in to the goal. Every standing tackle putting the same spin and power on the ball etc. I'm sure we could have a long list of all these moments that always look the same. More dynamic and less scripted feeling please.

Another really bad thing about the AI is that it doesn't understand what player is most likely to get the ball. So you have a really bad pass that miss the target and will obviously be a counter attack - but the AI is only updated when the ball is touched by the opposition. So you have a lot of these moments where every player just runs forward like headless chickens. I'm not sure how they can't see this in their play tests. It's not exactly advanced mathematics to calculate what player is most likely to get to the ball first.

Hopefully this maintenance update of PES 2012 will fix it :SMUG:

Infact just ask Zee, ask someone like him, why he enjoys the game, maybe take tips off him, not just that all these issues where fixed in the 1.06 update.

I dont LMAO I love the people I play online with. I very seldom play offline for a long period like 4 seasons BAL and 3 seasons ML and I play atleast 2 world cups and a few Champions league competitions after we have been drawn oour teams for a season on PEEL

But if I had to make a list I would say

Football:
I freaking love football, I prefer La liga but watch anything including portuguese league, Bundesliga, South african PSL, EPL Serie A, Ligue 1 you name it. like I said earlier PES is the better representation of football for me.

Individuality:
When you play on PEEL you really feel when you get drawn a totally shite team. It takes ages to get to understand them and you start to see all the nuances like playing with Ligue 1 teams as opposed to La liga teams. Or not having a proper anchor man in your squad or a poor keeper. Even without the premium teams you really see the difference from one team to the next and from one league to the other

Dribbling
PES2012 is the absolute dogs bollox on dribbling. I pride myself in this respect. I prefer simple body feints or just showing the ball and changing direction taking the defensive players body position into consideration. I think this stems from my playing time in real life watching whetre the defender is coming from and anticipating his body movement and moving the ball opposite to it making it near impossible to get the ball. PES2012 has this absolutely nailed

Team strategy:
The beauty of PES is still its ability to mould a team into your style of play but having said that dont bother trying to teach Montpellier to play possession play. They do not have the midfield or balance in players to play the style. Prefering to go for quick counter attacks down tyhe wing and exploiting Groud as the target man. I dont mean crossing every ball as I dont play that way but using him to hold up and getting Belhanda and Ait fana to overlap or Dernis

Long range shooting :5m outside the box
The best long range shooting in the history of the franchise. I made a video for this

HATES:
Offline:
what a mess 1st season in ML is cool and exciting on professional. PES just cant get this right Pre PES2012 was too easy you could win the 1st division in 1 season but could see the difference between team PES 2012 is fooked. If you play stoke in the ML Division 2 you stand a chance. Division 1 forget it they are going to go Barcelona on you. They way the AI attacks and defends is telepathic and Konami cheated us here. they made the CPU react quicker to your button presses but too quick for us to overcome

Goalkeepers:
1 on 1 they are too good pulling off reflex saves from point blank yet when a ball is shot from 40 meters hits a players foot outside the box they wait until the ball passes them to react. It happens every week playing online and is a phalacy

AI interference:
Some games you can literally put the control donw and the CPU defends for you and damn well to. The game is intent on pulling half your squad in the box and dependent on the player to pressure the defence out of your control. Try playing Elmander and Olic infront and see what I mean they literally defend like DMFs on the half way line

Shooting close range:
I just cant figure this one out this year. It seems so random at times. SOmetimes I can place it perfectly other times it just goes straight and I end up staring at the dual shock in my hands rather bemused.

Animations:
I once saw a player do 3 360s trying to clear a ball only to let it roll by for an own goal
The R2 shooting with the inside of the foot so after you press shoot as before is outside of the boot. The whole repositioning of the strikers body to switch to a new animation is a slap in the face of next generation sports games. There are countless examples though

Player select:
The biggest glitch online on corners the ball is sucked to the player you select and almost impossible to defend. Konami need to relook this or remove it altogether.

Counter is king:
PES2012 just doesnt reward patient build up possession football. You can camp around a guys goal area trying to score and watching countless players get their bodies in the way only to see a ball boomed out wide and 2 attackers cream 4 defenders to score break away goals. PES 2012 is notorious for lesser skilled online players scalping better players in this manner faaar to often to the point where its a joke.

I have alot more but couldnt keep going lol so those are my biggest likes and dislikes

Last edited:

Yesterday I played PES 5 on xbox360 for four matches with 20 min per match. These things are worse than in PES 2012:

- Speed: It's just too fast.
- Pitch-size: Seems too small.
- Missing freedom in passing (powerbar)
- CPU-AI: Seems not as clever and advanced as in PES 2012.
- I missed choosing recipients with the right-stick when making freekicks.
- Tactical possibilities are much deeper in PES 2012.
- 360-degree-dribbling.

What is better than in PES 2012:

- Individual look of the players and individual animation.
- Ball seems more free and independent.
- Shooting has more feeling.
- Playerswitching works like a charm!
- Atmosphere is way better.
- Referrees work perfectly: Even booking people after advantage-play!
- Stamina plays an active role!
- Cutscenes for substitutions and less replays for uninteresting things like fouls, corners!
- Rails are much less intrusive: It's unbelievable that the rails in PES 2012 are stricter and more limiting than in PES 5. In PES 5 it seems like I can always leave the rails without using supercancel.
- Playerawareness: It's like they are on steroids, extremely committed and reactive to loose balls and other changing situations.
- Analogue left-stick-use for close dribbling!
- Animation-transitions are awesome!
- Sidestep-dribbling-animation.
- Goalkeeper has great positioning and reactiveness!
- Kits get dirty and it can be seen in widecam!

Verdict: Yes, PES 2012 is more advanced regarding tactics and CPU-AI, but so many things are still after all this years better in PES 5, like playerswitching, animation-transitions, stamina/fatigue, atmosphere, goalkeepers, referrees, ballphysics... PES 5 was indeed a real classic, polished to no end.
Compared to that PES 2012 feels unfinished in most regards, even though it is the better simulation due to more realistic speed, pitchsize, tactics, CPU-AI.. Especially the problems with animation-transitions, playerswitching, playerawareness, goalkeepers, ballphysics, referrees and restrictive rails can't be excused.

Last edited:

What is better than in PES 2012:

- Individual look of the players and individual animation.

zee said:
Individuality:
When you play on PEEL you really feel when you get drawn a totally shite team. It takes ages to get to understand them and you start to see all the nuances like playing with Ligue 1 teams as opposed to La liga teams. Or not having a proper anchor man in your squad or a poor keeper. Even without the premium teams you really see the difference from one team to the next and from one league to the other

so why is it you two both disagree?

One says its good, other says it's not there compared to previous titles.

how is that helpful to Konami exactly?

This is my point!

so why is it you two both disagree?

One says its good, other says it's not there compared to previous titles.

how is that helpful to Konami exactly?

This is my point!

Because we are talking about different aspects: I was talking about individual look and animation of players, and zee was talking about individual skills. The individual skill-set is better represented in PES 2012, but not the individual look and animation of players.

In PES 5 you can see Henry (yes I use him as an example because of my profile-name:)))) and instantly recognize him and when he runs and moves you feel it's him. The flair and character of the people is better represented in PES 5.

Because we are talking about different aspects: I was talking about individual look and animation of players, and zee was talking about individual skills. The individual skill-set is better represented in PES 2012, but not the individual look and animation of players.

In PES 5 you can see Henry (yes I use him as an example because of my profile-name:)))) and instantly recognize him and when he runs and moves you feel it's him. The flair and character of the people is better represented in PES 5.

In your opinion, that's not a fact, it's an opinion. Seems to be something you just 'like' than someone everyone should universally see.

This goes for others also, people must look at how they explain thing, i do my best to project myself in a balanced way, making clear what my opinion is and what is just my opinion and i always present evidence and back up my points and theories.

Points will be clearer, there will be less arguments and Konami will understand whats wrong more clearly, whats just fucked up (keepers, player switching, little too much cheating, atmosphere) and whats just opinion, people ranting and begin angry.

Last edited:

wow no disrespect but that PES 5 you talking about looks more like PES2015.

Yeesh the old gen games were locked to a rail and the freedom in the ball?

I dunno - suppose I have to reload that one and see if its as good as you say.

Last edited:

Try Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution ;).

It's much polished version of PES5 released for Korean market. It oozes with quality ;).

Then come back with your findings, but play more than 20 games on it to judge it ;)

To klash wow, nice post in superiority manner. Keep it up, boss :rolleyes:.

klashman69,

there is no evidence to suggest that Konami people are reading this forums. So, really, from that point of view, it does not matter single bit how exactly people are expressing their opinions here - in a balanced or in a non-balanced way, with our without proof. If you think otherwise, i'm afraid you're kidding yourself.

Also, i agree with info0, why this condescending tone...?
Not everyone here is a complete idiot, so really, there's no need for this. You make some valid points, but they are totally overshadowed by the manner in which you present your argument.

something is missing since the jump to ps3 and it's hard to find out what exactly. maybe it's the sum of many little things which add up to a not so exciting gaming experience. in the ps2 days i played for days and couldn't wait to have another go. i regularly caught myself thinking about strategies,
tactics and things that could improve my game.

since the ps3 games i kind of lost this fascination, somehow the undescribable magic of this game has been lost in the transition.

Good post. This is exactly the problem. When PES has this affect on the player you know it's at its best, and I agree, the "magic" has been sadly lacking on next-gen.

The game that once lived in my disc drive and could keep me busy for hours is now a game that I play for two or three matches and then switch off.

Just two little things as an example for the way better polishing of PES 5 compared to PES 2012:

I bet everyone knows the situation with players near the sideline in PES 2012, the ball is loose, they come near the ball and jog with it over the sideline as if they were brainless zombies.

In PES 5 in the same situation the player does all he can to keep the ball this side of the line, he is completely reactive to your inputs and great animation-transitions occur to make it all possible.

Another example is when making throw-ins. In both games sometimes the player wanting to throw-in has as default a direction chosen where none of your team-players is, or worse even aiming into the direction of the corner-out. Sometimes in PES 2012 I was too quick and didn't look very well where he aimed to and the ball went into corner-out.

In PES 5 in the same situation the throwing player automatically chooses the next free player when the aim was to no-mans-land.

Control, awareness, physical interplay, animation-transitions, ability to leave rails at all times without supercancel and better ballphysics to enable an independent ball, better referrees and goalkeepers, flawless playerswitching, that are the things that Konami should relearn from PES 5 and implement in PES 2013 and bugfixing, bugfixing, bugfixing.

Edit: Oh, and the best thing: Compared to PES 2012, practically no cheating in PES 5.

Last edited:

Also the shooting power is amazing. I mean when you hit a scorcher from outside area you KNOW it has power behind it to break those nets apart. Also through balls, they just work. In some magical way. You can differentiate top players from weak ones using those. Try and play through ball with Modric and he will 9 out of 10 hit the target, try with Xavi and he can get pin point through ball from his own half! Try it with Championship player and he will give the ball to opponent in 80% of occasions :(.

When the ball hits bar/post with this huge power, the goal rattles for a while and the ball actually goes high into orbit or goes out of box... ;)

If those were great back then, where exactly did KONAMI lose their way is the question?

If yair/nesa/jenkey could fix some issues with their patches, does that mean KONAMI couldn't do it for 5 years? This is bugging me.

Last edited:

Good post. This is exactly the problem. When PES has this affect on the player you know it's at its best, and I agree, the "magic" has been sadly lacking on next-gen.

The game that once lived in my disc drive and could keep me busy for hours is now a game that I play for two or three matches and then switch off.

While I agree that its down to a drop in quality in PES I do think most of is nostalgic of when we were simply younger and PES was a bigger deal to our lives than now we've aged a bit.

While I agree that its down to a drop in quality in PES I do think most of is nostalgic of when we were simply younger and PES was a bigger deal to our lives than now we've aged a bit.

I think that argument falls apart when the same exact people that loved the game when they were younger, still play and love PES 5/6 and can't stand this gen's game.

Back
Top Bottom