PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Just two little things as an example for the way better polishing of PES 5 compared to PES 2012:

I bet everyone knows the situation with players near the sideline in PES 2012, the ball is loose, they come near the ball and jog with it over the sideline as if they were brainless zombies.

In PES 5 in the same situation the player does all he can to keep the ball this side of the line, he is completely reactive to your inputs and great animation-transitions occur to make it all possible.

Another example is when making throw-ins. In both games sometimes the player wanting to throw-in has as default a direction chosen where none of your team-players is, or worse even aiming into the direction of the corner-out. Sometimes in PES 2012 I was too quick and didn't look very well where he aimed to and the ball went into corner-out.

In PES 5 in the same situation the throwing player automatically chooses the next free player when the aim was to no-mans-land.

Control, awareness, physical interplay, animation-transitions, ability to leave rails at all times without supercancel and better ballphysics to enable an independent ball, better referrees and goalkeepers, flawless playerswitching, that are the things that Konami should relearn from PES 5 and implement in PES 2013 and bugfixing, bugfixing, bugfixing.

Edit: Oh, and the best thing: Compared to PES 2012, practically no cheating in PES 5.

Totally not tru. That problem running down the line was PES2011. Throwins you can select players or manually put it where you want. What are you playing PES2012 on?!

While I agree that its down to a drop in quality in PES I do think most of is nostalgic of when we were simply younger and PES was a bigger deal to our lives than now we've aged a bit.

I think that argument falls apart when the same exact people that loved the game when they were younger, still play and love PES 5/6 and can't stand this gen's game.

I agree with both of you actually.

I used to think it's down to what YoungGun said, but then I played PES 5 and I did go back to playing it for long hours and got that old feeling again. And it is back to living in my PS2 again, Jamez ;)

PES 5 was the first PES I played.. I didn't fully understand it, I never played enough too understand it cause I had FIFA.. Then I got PES 6, and it changed how I played.. There was something about that game which just got me hooked, I still remember playing countless games in ML with my super squad! Man I still have like 25 season save on a old memory card, unfortunately I gave the game away to one of my mums friends kids, biggest regret!

Totally not tru. That problem running down the line was PES2011. Throwins you can select players or manually put it where you want. What are you playing PES2012 on?!

No, you misunderstood me there. It's not running down the line that I meant, that works as it should.

It's when a player is coming from an 90-degree-angle towards the ball, and the ball is near the sideline, he will reach the ball and go with the ball over the line.

And the thing with the throw-in is that sometimes the aim of the throw-in-ing-player is into the corner-out and sometimes I'm too quick and press the button for throw-in, not having seen that the aim is off and the ball gets thrown into the corner-out. In PES 5 there is still an automatism to choose the nearest possible recipient when I don't specifically aim for anything.

Of course when I realize the bad aim, I can take my time and aim it right or use the other options of selecting recipients.

PES 6 delivers almost everything you need to enjoy a football game. This generation is a disaster for PES, the game just doesn't play as football. PES 2013 is supposed to offer freedom and versatility. that will change the game completely in terms of gameplay, and I think this is the most important aspect of any game, gameplay is fundamental! That's why we still enjoy PES 6 and the community continuous to release amazing mods, patches and tools.
FIFA delivers quite good gameplay, but after couple of games, you can easily say, that you've beaten the game, such statement is preposterous for a sports game, that is supposed to have no end.

If KONAMI delivers a fluid, balanced and enjoyable gameplay, even if the game isn't a technical marvel, the game will be HUGE!

I can't wait for the demo and I hope, like every year for the past 5, that the this is the year! Cheers guys and have a nice day! :BYE:

For me the most important thing is getting the ball physics right and making it feel like a separate entity again. It should react and move on the ground and in the air like a ball. I played a game of 2011 tonight and was reminded why I.disliked it so much, was as if the ball was made of paper and tied to every player by string. Reminded me of the crappy ball physics in FIFA.09.

PES2010 had better ball physics than 2011, haven't played 2012 in ages so can't comment on that.

The 2013 trailer showing Barca passing in triangles is concerning, the ball looks to move too slowly across the surface and looks unnatural. I've yet to see any examples of the ball bouncing either. A football should have bounce and life to it when it hits the ground, never happens in the,game though.

Last edited:

No, you misunderstood me there. It's not running down the line that I meant, that works as it should.

It's when a player is coming from an 90-degree-angle towards the ball, and the ball is near the sideline, he will reach the ball and go with the ball over the line.

And the thing with the throw-in is that sometimes the aim of the throw-in-ing-player is into the corner-out and sometimes I'm too quick and press the button for throw-in, not having seen that the aim is off and the ball gets thrown into the corner-out. In PES 5 there is still an automatism to choose the nearest possible recipient when I don't specifically aim for anything.

Of course when I realize the bad aim, I can take my time and aim it right or use the other options of selecting recipients.

You need to realise PES has momentum and inertia let down by a poor animations engine but still present.

When you sprint towards a ball you need to release R1 and press R2 to get the ball and change direction quickly.

YouTube - PES2012 FC Overachievers vs Sons of eternia

Look at the video below of a PEEL fixture I played a few days ago. I use R2 a helluva lot every goal you see below had either an R2 trap or R2 turn. Also at 0:38 look at the way Strootman runs straight towards the ball R2 to control and then a quick turn to make space for the cross.

While we on the topic how hectic is that keepers save off Elmanders powerful header? I wish people would play PES 2012 online against the right folk.

Last edited:

Try Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution ;).

It's much polished version of PES5 released for Korean market. It oozes with quality ;).

Then come back with your findings, but play more than 20 games on it to judge it ;)

To klash wow, nice post in superiority manner. Keep it up, boss :rolleyes:.

So because i don't agree with you i'm wrong?

I think this shows your just looking to do exactly what I've been saying, everyone wrong unless they follow you.

klashman69,

there is no evidence to suggest that Konami people are reading this forums.

I'd say little evidence rather than no evidence, i think some people mentioned that this website was being looked at. Anyway if you been to PES Gaming, it's a lot more negative than it is here will people saying the exact same things, even more aggressively so it's not like fans opinions are not being heard at all like you think.

So, really, from that point of view, it does not matter single bit how exactly people are expressing their opinions here - in a balanced or in a non-balanced way, with our without proof. If you think otherwise, i'm afraid you're kidding yourself.

Well it very much does, because it's turning people away from the forums and the discussions here. Lami has been talking about his wishes for Evo Web to me more prominent int he PES community and with the negativity here, it will just turn people away from the site.

Also, i agree with info0, why this condescending tone...?

Because your afraid than you might be wrong. That's why your perceiving it as condescending. Your refusing to question yourself.

Think, anything other than saying exactly what you believe would no have been acceptable in your mind.

Not everyone here is a complete idiot, so really, there's no need for this. You make some valid points, but they are totally overshadowed by the manner in which you present your argument.

So i'm being condescending because i don't agree with you and i dare to present a point that maybe we are being too negative?

I'm sorry i'm not politically correct on forum etiquette, i can be very progressive and blunt but this is a way of how we learn, by asking questions.

While I agree that its down to a drop in quality in PES I do think most of is nostalgic of when we were simply younger and PES was a bigger deal to our lives than now we've aged a bit.

It depends on your age really. What you said could be the case for some but not for me. When PES5 was released I was 24, working full time and paying a mortgage. I had no more spare time than I do now. Despite this it's still my favourite football game of all time, one which gave me so many great experiences and memories.

Yes and keepers will be fixed.

I certainly not holding my breath with Keepers looking at recent games.

Takes them ages to get them adjusted to the shooting mechanics and gameplay balance.

It depends on your age really. What you said could be the case for some but not for me. When PES5 was released I was 24, working full time and paying a mortgage. I had no more spare time than I do now. Despite this it's still my favourite football game of all time, one which gave me so many great experiences and memories.

I was still at school i think back then.

Some may find it hard to believe in regards to my comments but it's still my favorite and still the 'greatest' football game of all time. Dated but still, loved it back in the day, made all sorts of kit designs for myself on that, remembered around Christmas time just editing almost every team.

I remember master league, always being tight games, every game was either 1-0, 1-1 etc.. I was Birmingham, i brought Rooney midway through second season who scored this mad 35 yard goal one game.

I played PES 2 more i think, fun game that was, speeding past everyone. That was classic master league with 3 tiers, took you 5-6 years to ascend to the top, you know, they really should think about bringing that back as an option. Also all these licences, i think it was actually more fun when we had those plain kits we could change about a lot.

I think it's better said not really that we where younger, it's more our expectations were totally different to now. Back then PES was very much the benchmark.

now on this gen, there is not pace setter or benchmark to hit and higher demands.

Last edited:

You need to realise PES has momentum and inertia let down by a poor animations engine but still present.

When you sprint towards a ball you need to release R1 and press R2 to get the ball and change direction quickly.

Look at the video below of a PEEL fixture I played a few days ago. I use R2 a helluva lot every goal you see below had either an R2 trap or R2 turn. Also at 0:38 look at the way Strootman runs straight towards the ball R2 to control and then a quick turn to make space for the cross.

While we on the topic how hectic is that keepers save off Elmanders powerful header? I wish people would play PES 2012 online against the right folk.

variety of goals there and all.

My favourite too but its outdated.

Totally agree but that's not the point to be fair. People talk about the PES magic - or soul if you prefer - which is the way the game makes you feel when you play it. The addictive nature of the game, the "one more game" factor and the craving to play the game again after the console is turned off. PES5 was king in this regard.

The task for Konami is to inject this feeling back into the series. While the tech has moved on, the basic reasons why many of us love football games have not.

That's a good advice for situations where you are in control of the player, thanks for that.

But unfortunately there are some situations where I'm not yet in control of the player who goes from that angle towards the ball usually on a railed movement. He will autostumble with the ball into sideline.

R2 is really a blessing in PES 2012 and playing multiplayer local or online can be a very enjoyable experience, despite the many bugs, but against the CPU it's more torture than anything else.

PES 5 is of course outdated in its gameplay but as an example of how well gamemechanics can work and how well it is polished it outshines PES 2012 massively.

Totally agree but that's not the point to be fair. People talk about the PES magic - or soul if you prefer - which is the way the game makes you feel when you play it. The addictive nature of the game, the "one more game" factor and the craving to play the game again after the console is turned off. PES5 was king in this regard.

The task for Konami is to inject this feeling back into the series. While the tech has moved on, the basic reasons why many of us love football games have not.

I think PES 5 had this magic was a) that it was fair (cheating was at a minimum), b) defense worked very well, c) nearly no bugs involved, the polishing is amazing and d) it made it difficult to create many goal-opportunities...

The players were so focused and aware that they often intercepted passes, they tackled well, closed down options... and the defense-line stood very well, often using offside-trap perfectly.

So you really had to work and play extremely well to create a good goal-opportunity, and when it finally happens and you don't overpress the shoot-button, you were rewarded with an amazing shot. The feeling then was amazing, nearly like a sexual climax.

And since it happens so rarely in a match, it's something special and you crave for more, hence the one-more-game-effect.

@klashman69 Terrible goalkeepers. Shouldn't let half of that shots in.

Plus it was online. Of course you will see variety there.

The thing is vs AI this game is rubbish. The exact same can be told about FIFA. Both games vs AI are dire.

That's the WHOLE point of discussion. The problems with ball physics, player switching, animations, stamina system are also important of course.

But I couldn't enjoy any new PES like I did in PS2 era. Not that they were terribly bad, more like they miss the magic. The amount of control I have over player and what can I do with the ball is simply amazing in older titles. Yes, the pace is fast, but it leads to: emotions in games. Action for action type of gameplay. That doesn;'t mean that you cannot do tiki-taka, etc.

I didn't even miss 360 dribbling yet, due to high responsiveness of players.

What I do miss most from new Pro games is manual passing as default (I know you can pass manually on PES3+, but it's ridiculous to use R3+Right stick) and HD graphics.

You said that we are too negative and criticize too much. Valid point however, take one thing into consideration. Some people ought for improvements since PES 2008. They sent lists of things to improve IN THE GAME. Each year the process repeated. Some people even got in contact with Seabass himself to state what problems need to be addressed.

Now if KONAMI team did listen, there wouldn't be half of that negativity here.

They sadly didn't listen to what fans wanted. This outburst is mostly because of how KONAMI and PES team treat their fans. Kick in the face and no apology.

PES 2013 is their last chance to appeal to hardcore fans. I know new people may jump the gun for it, but to old fans, game needs to offer more. Hopefully all issues we had since 2008 will vanish. Who knows?

I hope for it. Eagerly anticipating the demo now. Let this year, be KONAMI year for once ;).

@klashman69 Terrible goalkeepers. Shouldn't let half of that shots in.

Plus it was online. Of course you will see variety there.

You will see more variety online than offline however if we take FIFA as an example even vs friends i see the same goals over and over. I mean one thing which needs to be considered is if you don't enjoy a game, a football game, its not likely you will see too many goals or will pay attention to their variety, another glass half full, half empty example.

The thing is vs AI this game is rubbish.

Ok, i think it's great, guess i'm wrong then?

But I couldn't enjoy any new PES like I did in PS2 era. Not that they were terribly bad, more like they miss the magic.

That is seen differently by all players and it's a rather ambiguous statement really.

You said that we are too negative and criticize too much. Valid point however, take one thing into consideration. Some people ought for improvements since PES 2008. They sent lists of things to improve IN THE GAME. Each year the process repeated. Some people even got in contact with Seabass himself to state what problems need to be addressed.

This is your fifth or sixth reply, it seems just saying this to try and make it look as if you actually try to understand my posts. You don't try to understand and see another point of view, everything has to be an argument it seems unless i just say exactly what you say.

There's at least 5 people who seem to agree with you, that's just today and yesterday, there will be plenty more, you know you have a point, i don't need to give you a +1 for saying things we all know like with the poor player switching, goalies, atmosphere etc..

I take discussion in different directions, i don't say "Oh i'm right, you should all folow me". No, this is questioning yourself is about. It's about still creating your own opinions however exapanding on them and looking at different aspects to further the opinions validity.

This is no hive mind crap were everyone just joins in with the majority, the point of a forum is everyone's different opinions, wishes and intentions. I see where everyone is coming from, just from what i see i questioned if you where missing things since you seemed in a cynical mindset.

Arguments are created when people get really defensive and start making sweeping statements.

PES 2013 is their last chance to appeal to hardcore fans. I know new people may jump the gun for it, but to old fans, game needs to offer more. Hopefully all issues we had since 2008 will vanish. Who knows?

People where saying the same thing with PES 2010, and PES 2011, i heard this every year! There is no last chance, you don't speak on behalf of all percieved hardcore fans, you speak on behalf of yourself and those who hold your opinion.

I certainly don't put myself in a box, hardcore, noob, casual, whatever, i have my personality, i look for what i feel i like ingame. This category shit is stupid, one persons definition of hardcore could black and another can be very much white.

I can guarantee your definition of 'hardcore' it's totally different to mine, i heard many say 'realism' is not defined by gameplay at all, it's all about stadium and licences!

It's like i hear every week, the downfall of America and financial collapse is imminent. DOOM! IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bad, thats is bad, oh now, this is the LAST chance, Fear, sweeping statements! No discussion, just arguments and ohh, he's on my side your against me. No, this is why people turn off, they see a argument, not a discussion.

community friends, I present this "arcade game", possibly some here already know
I got the ISO image, but I could not emulate this game will be a plugin problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcvciKaoPA

awesome

some animations
transition of movement
goalnet.. I love
freedom of play
fun

bad

game speed
too arcade
some shots, very extreme curves

konami work sucks

Last edited:

A nice little feature of PES 5 was that goals that happen after a tight offside, the players would celebrate for a little before realizing that offside was called.

I would like to see that in PES 2013 as well, adds a little bit drama.

A nice little feature of PES 5 was that goals that happen after a tight offside, the players would celebrate for a little before realizing that offside was called.

I would like to see that in PES 2013 as well, adds a little bit drama.

It's there in every PES. I have seen it countless times.

Btw why oh why they removed the keeper blocking the ball from inside net animation? It would be called a goal.

I remember it was there in PES 2010 and if I recall PES 2011.

There is none of that in 2012 tho. At least I haven't encountered it :(.

Was nice.

As for Football Kingdom there was petition to NAMCO to make reboot of it.

There is also hope that someday, 2k Sports, bites the bullet and money and makes footy game. I am amazed they haven't till now... Seeing how many polls/threads opens each year on their forums about it!

Back
Top Bottom