PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

PES 2014, will just be 2013 with super HD cutting edge graphics, perfect player models, atmosphere and smoother animations.

It will be the exact same gameplay but smoother on a more powerful engine. It will have all the graphics etc.. redone and made more sexy.

This gameplay is clearly here to stay.

It's enough to change a game to be a much better. Gameplay with archaic animations and collisions can't make good game. With old engine with car you can make solid tunning but you can not compete with new technollogy engines.

This is getting off topic, but i'll give it one more try. Normally, i'm very rarely getting into argument with people. This time, somehow, it struck the nerve.

So, the tone of your posts is condescending, because i'm afraid that i might be wrong?! That's your answer...? I'm sorry, but this is bullshit. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I've been wrong so many times before, i stopped being afraid of it long time ago. Will never dismiss a point of view just because it's different from mine. However, i do take exception to the manner in which something is being said. And that's the problem with your posts. If you read carefully, you'll notice i'm not the only one here calling that out.

You haven't actually said anything here. This seems to be politically forum correct rant.

It's 'struck' a nerve, why so? Getting angry and emotion doesn't make you right.

No, not because of what you say, but because of how you say it. I already explained - see above.

Now, about your point that maybe we are being too negative:
I think this is such a broad and generic statement, that it almost has no real meaning...

This is my point, your doing the same as info, you seem to think everything is an argument. Your trying to combat everything i say without understanding and entering a friendly debate, as if like you said about it's all 'bullshit' what i say.

I can say to anyone that you are being too negative, however that is my opinion, what i ask is the intention and how the intention for you opinions where formed. If you saying the same things, over and over again, there's something people are simply not accepting, to find the correct conclusion to move and build from.

Thats is what questioning yourself is about, it's something many people don't do, not something you should feel threatened by since you will still be forming your own opinion, just with more balance and substance.

I like to discuss more than argue.

Do you take into account every single person who posted their opinion here? Yes, some are very negative, and without much substance, but mostly emotion. Some other posts, on the contrary, are very substantial, with good detailed explanations and suggestions for improvement. Yes, those are negative as well, because people are frustrated, and rightfully so.

I said before, i pointed out the way LTFC listed faults in PES, along with Zee just a few pages ago fit this category, Jamez does this well, along with many others. What is your point here?

You seem to be promoting this approach of "it's just a game, chill and enjoy what you've been given". Of course, that's one way to look at things. But many people take a different point of view, and when they see that year after year the game they spend their money on is not getting any better, and that their feedback is largely being ignored, they don't hold back the criticism.

Throughout my posts i have said if you do not enjoy the game, you have a right to complain about it, throughout i have said i'm not forcing you to like anything, it's your money, you do what you feel with it and you can complain if you want.

I simply remind and present to everyone the important of remaining objective and balanced through their wishes, be mindful when your negativity takes an entity itself. It doesn't just help you, it helps everyone else.

Sorry again if i sound condescending when i see people calling out and looking to belittle anyone who doesn't share their negative opinion. Throughout you have refuse to acknowledge how people who are upset with the game will have unknowing even to them the intention to make others unhappy with the game so they can 'feel' their disappointment. How else am i supposed to say this exactly?

One perspective never talked about is how old problems requested apart from keepers have been fixed and Konami have specified them by fans to do so. However new elements being added cause new problems.

so is player id a huge lie then i cant see how we can have players moving and acting like there real life counterparts without new animations like if ronlaldo dont move like ronaldo then new animations are needed so he does

i thought this was the goal of player id to make players move and play like there real life counterparts or have i got lost sumwere

Player-ID is only for 50 players. These will receive new animations but the basic problem of the transitions between animations remains even with those 50 players. The animation-engine seems not able to calculate and dynamically create smooth transitions between the animations.

And that's what makes me wonder WHY again?

YouTube - PES6 - Phoenix Patch 2011-2012 - FC Bayern vs Chelsea - full match HD (720p)

When you see that. Old game, but damn animation wise, this game was better than FIFA back then! The ball physics, ball not glued to player feet, GKs making great reactions saves, defenders were great positioned, alas they did make mistakes at times (like in Gomez goal, he was left unmarked), etc.

Plus there is something in that old saying from PS2 era: "Pro Evolution Soccer is most enjoyable game, when you score."

SO, I ask again, WHY the transition between PS2 and PS3 made PES the worst game ever and FIFA rose to be the best thing ever? When in PS2 era it was the complete opposite?

KONAMI fumbled the chick with golden eggs. EA replaced old dev and put the guy with vision at charge (David Rutter).

That brought in quality change. Unfortunately for PES, Seabass remained in charge for way too long imo. The change was needed when PS3/X360 debuted. Not 5 years later.

But then again, I will be marked as most negative person there is... So I will just go and enjoy old Pro Evo titles and wait for new PES demo ;).

henry tks dude makes sense i knew new animations were coming just people saying no didnt make sense with player id

now im not a animation junky gameplay matters more so i could put up with sum shite if the gameplay rocks

That what i try to say a few days ago.

It's enough to change a game to be a much better. Gameplay with archaic animations and collisions can't make good game. With old engine with car you can make solid tunning but you can not compete with new technollogy engines.

On the gameplay front, room for improvement is much but for me I've satisfied just playing PES 2012 let alone 13 and 14.

It explains however why the graphics on PES 2011, 2012 and 13 have been so, at best, meh, or bad or just plain underwhelming to be polite. They have been focusing almost everything on gameplay, their issues has been getting the balance right.

We had 4 gameplay patches this year, it's taken them months to get PES 2012 to be solidly outstanding in gameplay terms. At the beginning it was clearly fantastic however with some prominent flaws.

Keepers have been bad, but i don't like how people seem so 'miffed' by why they are bad, they aren't acceptable but i see their struggles, like i think curdstar said, the keepers need to be fully programmed to deal with all types of shots in a balanced way. PES 2011 and 2012 are very complex and allow a lot of freedom so making balanced keepers is very much easier said than done.

You could take short cuts like fifa do in which the keepers are superman unless you hit the sweetspot or do something the game doesn't anticipate. For example there's certain corners in fifa which the keeper just doesn't seem programmed to deal with and you always score. FIFA animations for keepers is what great though.

I think it's fair to say the most embarrassing aspect of them is the animations for PES keepers, some of them, just, puppet like, just not natural. Its a little more embarrassing where the keepers where much better in PS2, even their animations where better. then again the game was on rather rigid rails. Having said all this, lets not forget to give credit to Konami in that you can tell the difference between a shit,or non keeper in the game compared to a Buffon, or Casillas.

On master league on superstar i bet Hanover 4-3, Gyan scored a hat trick in the first half. EVERY SINGLE SHOT, every one, would had been saved by a solid keeper, however Hanover had their 3rd choice goalkeeper in goal, his 'Keeper skills' was at 72. He was at fault for every one, terrible showing. They weren't bugs, or crap programming, just stats.

Konami maybe you could say should of ditched implementing stats for keeper and just attempted to make them all solid.

PES 2014, will just be 2013 with super HD cutting edge graphics, perfect player models, atmosphere and smoother animations.

It will be the exact same gameplay but smoother on a more powerful engine. It will have all the graphics etc.. redone and made more sexy.

This gameplay is clearly here to stay.

How do you know that?

I was round Seabass's the other night for a few tins and he said 2014 will blow our minds.

Forgot to ask when the demo will be out.

2 years in row now Konami has gotten their advertising wrong. No wonder PES is in such poor shape.

6ny2wj.jpg

1o6t1j.jpg

A nice little feature of PES 5 was that goals that happen after a tight offside, the players would celebrate for a little before realizing that offside was called.

I would like to see that in PES 2013 as well, adds a little bit drama.

It's in 2012, look people if your going to rail on a game, at least play it... Same people who slammed zeemeister about his FIFA shielding ignorance take note

why all the shit talk about 2014 no one knows wat it will be like not one of u have a clue how it will really play so your just posting wiff waff filler shit cowdung

pes 13 thats were the story is at ive pre orderd now im worried all people can talk about is 2014 if they cant get pes 13 right they can stick 14 up there arse because i havent paid for 14 yet have u

why all the shit talk about 2014 no one knows wat it will be like not one of u have a clue how it will really play so your just posting wiff waff filler shit cowdung

pes 13 thats were the story is at ive pre orderd now im worried all people can talk about is 2014 if they cant get pes 13 right they can stick 14 up there arse because i havent paid for 14 yet have u

Your command of the English language is just.. Wow..

But yeah I do agree, of course it's good to have some facts on PES 14 already, some of you are talking about what you want improved etc for 14 when you don't know what's actually in 13, so hold back and don't right 13 off until at least after the demo :P

Your command of the English language is just.. Wow..

But yeah I do agree, of course it's good to have some facts on PES 14 already, some of you are talking about what you want improved etc for 14 when you don't know what's actually in 13, so hold back and don't right 13 off until at least after the demo :P

i know im not good at writing its just not my thing but im looking forward to 13 and when i see everyone on about 14 i just think thats bull shit the topic at hand is pes 13

It's really easy: Anyone waiting for the day that PES gets smooth animation-transitions and nice graphics should just wait a year longer for PES 2014.

Anyone curious to see what bugs and other problems Konami solved in the gameplay, like playerswitching, leaving-rails-ability, ballphysics, goalkeeper's AI (ie. positioning, decision-making, not animation)... should check out the demo of PES 2013 in about two weeks.

Those talking 14 are have already killed off 13 without even playing it. I hope some of them will be in for a shock when we get to play it.. Now some of you Bastards help me to patch 12 with snow pitches...

Those talking 14 are have already killed off 13 without even playing it. I hope some of them will be in for a shock when we get to play it.. Now some of you Bastards help me to patch 12 with snow pitches...

check out jenky gameplay tool he has snow pitches done

do u have the Full pack HD Turfs for All stadiums by Jenkey1002 i think u need the full one and he has gameplay tool 6.4.6 make sure your using that

u prob know this but make sure to press f6 at the game menu

make sure you set the game to winter in game setup

Last edited:

I'll give it a go thanks. Sorry other members for being off topic. Apart from JayGrim and Jonney Mendoza who are C**ts.:P Edit... Game mode?

Last edited:

It's really easy: Anyone waiting for the day that PES gets smooth animation-transitions and nice graphics should just wait a year longer for PES 2014.

Anyone curious to see what bugs and other problems Konami solved in the gameplay, like playerswitching, leaving-rails-ability, ballphysics, goalkeeper's AI (ie. positioning, decision-making, not animation)... should check out the demo of PES 2013 in about two weeks.

100% Agreed. I think exactly as you.

I'll give it a go thanks. Sorry other members for being off topic. Apart from JayGrim and Jonney Mendoza who are C**ts.:P Edit... Game mode?

not sure what game mode means,i have read u boot up pes at the start menu press f6 once to enable and again to disable snow. try play a exabition match and set it to winter

Some of the talk of PES2014 is just ridiculous. Heralding the Fox engine as an end to the problems with PES is premature and blindly optimistic. Yes, the game desperately needs a new engine, but it's what Konami do with it that counts, and based on Konami's track record this generation I'm going to adopt a "wait and see" attitude.

I think back to what I imagined PES would look and play like on the 360 & PS3 and the reality was well short of my expectations. I'm not trying to put a downer on PES2014 but I do believe some of you need to be more realistic. A new engine doesn't necessarily mean all that's bad with PES magically disappears. There's a lot of work to be done yet and Konami are notoriously slow when it comes to making sweeping changes to PES.

It could be PES2015/16 before we see a PES game that's truly something special.

I think that is dangerous talk about pes 2014... The most important is that pes 2013 will be playable and wiil be the first nextgem pes.

Some of the talk of PES2014 is just ridiculous. Heralding the Fox engine as an end to the problems with PES is premature and blindly optimistic. Yes, the game desperately needs a new engine, but it's what Konami do with it that counts, and based on Konami's track record this generation I'm going to adopt a "wait and see" attitude.

I think back to what I imagined PES would look and play like on the 360 & PS3 and the reality was well short of my expectations. I'm not trying to put a downer on PES2014 but I do believe some of you need to be more realistic. A new engine doesn't necessarily mean all that's bad with PES magically disappears. There's a lot of work to be done yet and Konami are notoriously slow when it comes to making sweeping changes to PES.

It could be PES2015/16 before we see a PES game that's truly something special.

Yeah I agree with this.

LOL at the turd munchers heralding PES2014 as THE PES to end all PES. If its a new engine its hardly going to be a smooth transition.

I still look at those old PES6 videos and for the life of me don't get it. Sure I inderstand the animations are more fluid albeit old the game is locked on rails due to the 8 direction movement. Damn these PES next Gen tinted shades, damn them to hell.

Reminds of that books the emperors new clothes or old gen clothes for that matter.

It's in 2012, look people if your going to rail on a game, at least play it... Same people who slammed zeemeister about his FIFA shielding ignorance take note

*Sigh*

There's a world of difference between someone who's balanced about PES not happening to notice a particular feature of the game that only happens in specific circumstances (though I'm surprised he hasn't seen it) compared to somebody dismissing a game he didn't want to like, after two weeks (max) play time, because he couldn't transfer his PES skills across. Henry's talked consistently and constructively about PES 2012 gameplay - this thing he's missed is purely aesthetic. Zee was judging FIFA 12 by his experience of FIFA 10, and was happy to do so. Again, there's a whole world of difference.

Reading this place is like getting a lobotomy without the scarring. Xavi2009 and a couple of the old heads aside, it's pretty much all the same vapid stuff that has been said every year/month/week for three years, though more intelligently in the past - be it about HD PES 6, or how PES 6 is arcadey shit and PES 5 is the nuts, or forum cod-philosophy that puts key platitudes in bold, melodramatically escalating everybody from being slightly irked by something to being absolutely furious, and then asking why they are absolutely furious. Baffling.

The loop is generally complete when somebody bemoans the state of the forums in general, so I'm fully aware I'm being just as bad by posting this in the first place. So I'm gonna aim to avoid this place between outbreaks of news.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom