PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

And finaly look at this video... Jesus Christ, what a mess...

YouTube - PES 2012 TORNEO ONLINE PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER PARTE 2

People hold down pressure button and the player with the ball is the only player they care about when defenging, not a collective game at all, and no matter how far they are from the player with the ball, they still hold down sprint and pressure and still manage to close them down very quickly, simply because the game encourages them to do this... And it's ridiculius how there's simply no foul by pressuring player from behind or pressuring him with two players, it's ridiculous how players don't loose balance and earn a free kick... come on!

Midfield is a mess, i'm not even saying anything about the ridiculous passing.

I remember seeing someone here on this boards criticizing those who concentrate their play time playing offline modes... and I ask him..: is that the kind of game you want people here to play ? You've got to be kidding...

Last edited:

Imo, in terms of the quality of the football, online has always been a mess. It's a mess now, it was a mess in PES 4/6, it's a complete mess in FIFA...

Main reason I pretty much don't play online, there's way too many morons that only want to win no matter what.

Imo, in terms of the quality of the football, online has always been a mess. It's a mess now, it was a mess in PES 4/6, it's a complete mess in FIFA...

Main reason I pretty much don't play online, there's way too many morons that only want to win no matter what.

completely agree
awful gamers would make pes 5 look like shit, even if it wasn't

anyway this issue will still be present as long as Konami or EA don't add a realistic stamina system to their games.

Same here really, I play PES pretty much exclusively offline. The same goes for all sports games.

For every good game you get online you have to suffer through four or five terrible ones against complete morons. Even when I used to play in one of the major organised PES leagues there were still players who would spam dodgy formations and dubious tactics.

On a related note, how much do you think EA would have charged for the La Liga stadium pack?

As much as they think they could get away with. Then again I have never been a great fan of Electronic Arts and what they gave done to several sports games ie 2kNFL 2k NHL.

Konami deserve full credit for providing this DLC for free. :APPLAUD:

Then again for a reasonable price I would not be against serie A, Ligue Une DLC or stadia for other teams.

It might militate against younger players who are not working as they'd have to ask their parents nicely. ;)

Disagree with pes6 being a mess online. Yes there are a morons who play with stupid attitudes, but once u get a little hang of the defense (which doesn't work that easy as in offline) you can play your way and have lots of fun.

Haven't played master league more than one season in pes6. It always been an ultimate multiplayer football game in all those years.

On topic:

Pes 2013 could be another awaited great multiplayer footy game with master league online mode, but can't say things looks promising at this momment.

Last edited:

Disagree with pes6 being a mess online. Yes there are a morons who play with stupid attitudes, but once u get a little hang of the defense (which doesn't work that easy as in offline) you can play your way and have lots of fun.

Haven't played master league more than one season in pes6. It always been an ultimate multiplayer football game in all those years.

On topic:

Pes 2013 could be another awaited great multiplayer footy game with master league online mode, but can't say things looks promising at this momment.

You mean now or when the game had the official servers on? 'Cause only hardcore fans (that you expect to play proper football) care to play PES 6 online right now. I remember being annoyed as hell back in 2006, literally everyone you played against used cutback and the pressure was ridiculous.

Despite the fact that in online matchs there will always be the "win at all cost" attitude, I really think that Konami could make some teawks that would definetly make the game more balanced, specially in terms of pressure.

For example, I remember that in WE9 on ps2 if you pressured a player from behind he would loose balance and the ref woulg give the opponent team a foul. You could be punished if you kept that agressive attitude on defending, so there was the risk of having one of your players sent off, not to count that there was more space and time on the ball and staminia/fatigue meant something. This doesn't exist anymore...

Last edited:

About the part in bold, I think you're right.

EA tried to do something about it tho by making the new tatical defending the default one and people can't turn it off in ranked matchs. The complaint from the masses about this change was instantly, and even so I still heard that this tatical defending does not solve much the problem, some people were still complainning about pressure online.

I even assume that EA in a near future will make that tatical defending more and more closer to the old classic one.

But back in ps2 days, I don't remember pressure being such a problem like these days, and everyone enjoyed. Pressure was a choice, not a way to have huge advantage on the game. It was far mor balanced. You used pressure in a more context sense, not all the time, even when your player is far away from the one with the ball like i'm going to show on a video below..

We9
YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part1

Now compare with this...:

YouTube - PES 2012 Online - Barcelona vs Real Madrid

At 5:05, 5:09. Look at how you always have to speed up the game due to this horrible pressure. No freedom at all to slow down the game just a bit, no time and space. In fact, on the very few games that I ever played online in pes 2012, I think I've seen games far worse than that tbh.

But now look specially at 5:26... look at how far Adriano is from the Madrid player with the ball, but yet he manages to close him down in time to block the pass. It's so illogical that "abomination" is the proper word to the describe this stupid pressure and how players close you down in a split of a second.

I know you are aware of this issues, you have the game, but it's good to use videos to point out what i mean..

sorry brother, horrible examples. the video of we9 is obviously dudes who try and play a slower pace game, the second is not.

As mentioned here, they should make it so that in online play applying too much pressure, especially from behind, results in the ref punishing this aggressive defensive approach.

Bring back this guy for online play:
kazuki+Ito.jpg

_anderson;25http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=251975319753 said:

Don't agree. I play online with my friends who love football and game is brillant. You should know how use properly online to enjoy.

sorry brother, horrible examples. the video of we9 is obviously dudes who try and play a slower pace game, the second is not.

I don't think it's just about play style like you are making it sound there tbh, and I don't think in the pes 2012 videos those people simply chose to play fast paced games, not at all. They don't choose to play this or that way, they choose to play like this simply because it rewards most without the need to think much what to do next, regardless if it's completely illogical and unfair.

I don't expect fast paced games to be anything like this in a real match or even on a decent football video game (i'm not saying pes 2012 isn't a decent game tho, there's a reason why i'm hyped about pes 2013 and one of these reasons is because PES has potential to be a great game since pes 2011, despite the oudated engine). There should be a lot more risks, many passes should go weak or far from the intended target and there should still be more space and time to explore those gaps left on the field. There's a huge difference between using pressure in a more contextual sense than just blindly holding pressure button in every circunstance and in every space of the field.

Last edited:

You mean now or when the game had the official servers on? 'Cause only hardcore fans (that you expect to play proper football) care to play PES 6 online right now. I remember being annoyed as hell back in 2006, literally everyone you played against used cutback and the pressure was ridiculous.

A bit later than game release, but i know what u mean. Had hundreds of games against default inter users with something like 4-2-4 tactics. I learnt to play defense, while playing against them, but i agree its not a best pes online expierence.
All epic stuff came with online leagues/tournaments with reliable people.

Pressure abuse fucks the game. A proper stamina system, and a proper "ref" would solve the problem. Stupid formations should also be properly f****D. Make the gameplay realistic for a change...

Don't agree. I play online with my friends who love football and game is brillant. You should know how use properly online to enjoy.

Of course it it's good playing with friends. But try having a random game, especially in the competitive MLO and it turns into win at all costs.

I stopped playing online once I was getting warnings even though the other person's connection dropped out. Seriously, wtf?

The pressure button is wrong, it should make your teammates reduce spaces and block possible passes, but it should be completely defensive/positional: a way of saying "you'd better not advance this way". They shouldn't run to the ball holder. That's a huge conceptual mistake by Konami. It should be a "close spaces" button (at the expense of stamina, of course).

Last edited:

LOOOOL Dudu dude you picked the biggest bellend to showcawse what is wrong with PES2012

PES2012 can be very enjoyable against the right players like every other PES before it and to come

Agreed though the pressure and formations online are a joke and should have consequences to deter you from that.

Last edited:

Same here man.

I still dont get why they do not just imply the J-League in pes (apart from the last dlc that i could not download since it was only for the japanese version).
If they really read forums they should be aware that the J-League has a lot of fans around the world so why not to use the league in pes since they have full exclusive about it?

Guess they never imagined anyone outside Japan would have any interest in their local Japanese League.

Can't think of anything else really.

I still dont get why they do not just imply the J-League in pes (apart from the last dlc that i could not download since it was only for the japanese version).
If they really read forums they should be aware that the J-League has a lot of fans around the world so why not to use the league in pes since they have full exclusive about it?

Guess they never imagined anyone outside Japan would have any interest in their local Japanese League.

Can't think of anything else really.

Don't you think this is a massive failure by the J-League organisation themselves? As a business it would make sense to promote your product to the biggest audience possible. PES still sells millions of copies all over the world. The J-League should be telling Konami to include their league in every copy of PES/WE sold (or at least make available via DLC). What better way to get exposure and build familiarity with their league?

Is this just another example of Japanese close-mindedness or insularity? I sure wan't to play the J-League. Konami have all the Japanese stadia on file so they could provide an ultra-realistic experience similar to what they are doing with La Liga.

It's such a missed opportunity.

Three Bundesliga teams in PES2013? I missed this news.....

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/3-bundesliga-teams-in-pes-2013/

Every extra licensed team helps I suppose. I always thought the deal was the same as the Premier League i.e. two teams can be licensed? Perhaps they've managed to tie-up the Champions League qualifiers?

Also, I'll be interested to see if the Allianz Arena is still in PES2013. The only reason it was in PES2012 could be because it was the venue for the Champions League final and the CL licence granted Konami permission to use it.

to be honest i tried weo and pes 5 the last few weeks and they are unplayable to me right now, especially after playing pes 2011 and pes 2012 0 assistance passing. WEO and ps2 pes passing system is so assisted you can't put direction and power to the pass the way you want, the system simply takes the nearest team mate and makes the ball go there. Awful, to be honest. It was good those days, not now.

The only things i miss from ps2 games is animation variety, contextual animations, fluidity of gameplay, precise responsiveness to user input

The old PES' were unarguably much more basic games but it worked to their credit. They were so much more balanced as a result of their narrower design.

It was a mess though. Maybe not in the same way it is now (pressure-whoring etc) but people constantly played as Inter and Brazil with 4-2-4 formations and lumped it either to Adriano or ran to the line and cut the ball in every time to score. I'm in absolutely no doubt that even if you could do both pretty well then it was easier to attack than it was to defend in PES 6 (a problem which only snowballed).

Despite the fact that in online matchs there will always be the "win at all cost" attitude, I really think that Konami could make some teawks that would definetly make the game more balanced, specially in terms of pressure.

For example, I remember that in WE9 on ps2 if you pressured a player from behind he would loose balance and the ref woulg give the opponent team a foul. You could be punished if you kept that agressive attitude on defending, so there was the risk of having one of your players sent off, not to count that there was more space and time on the ball and staminia/fatigue meant something. This doesn't exist anymore...

Because people don't like it. They're too accustomed to Fifa and newer PES games that let you get away with constantly getting into a player and winning the ball by holding a single button because it's more gratifying and easier. I remember last year going back to play PES 5 with some people (who were big on it at the time). They couldn't stand how many (correct) fouls that were given against them. It really is the one thing that stops constant pressuring though. You learn not to abuse it. Watch any game of football and pressure exists to an extent. If you get too close to a player then you're likely to give fouls away cheaply just like in PES 5 if you aren't able to put in a good tackle.

I think EA's new defensive system is actually quite a good solution to the problem. The issue with FIFA is still that attacking is still the same and far too easy, too easy to get past a man with the ball stuck to your feet at full speed and in complete control. Defending remains quite realistic but attacking doesn't comply to those standards.

The pressure button is wrong, it should make your teammates reduce spaces and block possible passes, but it should be completely defensive/positional: a way of saying "you'd better not advance this way". They shouldn't run to the ball holder. That's a huge conceptual mistake by Konami. It should be a "close spaces" button (at the expense of stamina, of course).

I agree

Last edited:

Three Bundesliga teams in PES2013? I missed this news.....

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/3-bundesliga-teams-in-pes-2013/

Every extra licensed team helps I suppose. I always thought the deal was the same as the Premier League i.e. two teams can be licensed? Perhaps they've managed to tie-up the Champions League qualifiers?

Also, I'll be interested to see if the Allianz Arena is still in PES2013. The only reason it was in PES2012 could be because it was the venue for the Champions League final and the CL licence granted Konami permission to use it.
99% sure it's Bayern, Schalke, Gladbach ;)

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that list may, just possibly, be bullshit.

Bullshit... There is a restriction of 2 Teams for the EPL and has been for Many Years now.

That says they have 5 Teams..... Bollocks!

Back
Top Bottom