PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I asked the other day: will these stadiums be real life pitch size? I mean, will be any difference between stadia or it's just a aesthetics thing?

I actually think the day games in PES can look sublime. And I remember on PES 2011 the rain drops were noticeable during gameplay but in 2012 you can only see them in replays. I hope they can fix this. Apparently the colour palette is still being refined so I hope there are some pleasant tweaks to the night games at least. Get rid of that oversaturated glow they had this year.

Watching sport in HD you don't really see the rain pelting down.

I asked the other day: will these stadiums be real life pitch size? I mean, will be any difference between stadia or it's just a aesthetics thing?

Good question.

Anyone know?

I'm actually really looking forward to PES this year after watching numerous videos, clips, podcasts and general feedback from the PES team.

It's completely refreshing this year that there seems to be no BS being spouted. Instead people affiliated with the product are coming out and it seems are being allowed to say what they feel and what is on their mind in terms of the development of PES and what can/can't be expected this year, and where PES spectacularly went wrong over the years.

Murphy has gone up in my estimation this year for example, as it just seems the shackles have finally come off and the guy is actually speaking his own opinion and coming out with some home truths where PES is strong and weak. So to with the podcasts, with them being frank and open. I believe guys this is all we can really ask for on current gen, and if our universal feedback has been implemented correctly (with consensus driven opinion like keepers, shooting, more freedom etc), then I'm willing to really back KONAMI to become a hell of a challenger to FIFA in the coming years, in terms of sales to move the company forward.

No more BS, transparency is fundamental, and I believe the PES faithful will start to give KONAMI the benefit of the doubt in times that certain things don't quite work, to progress the title forward each and every year. Out of the two footy titles, I know which one I'm getting excited about.

You don't see the rain pelting down but on the right angles etc it should be noticeable that it's wet. I think it was more the splashing water that was prevalent all over the pitch last year whereas now I only seem to notice it on a replay and even then it's not as clear as on PES 2011. Just enough to know it's a rainy day would be good.

I don't think I've seen a rainy day game either? Not that I'm fussed about it...just thinking out loud.

Look, I've been really impressed with everything I've seen so far except for the keepers which for some reason didn't look that much better like Konami said they would be. So if they can get rid of some dicky animations and improve the keepers logic for when they leave their goal line, they should be good enough without being mind blowing.

If I had a choice, I'd rather an extra league or two rather than authentic stadiums for every team. It's all a time or cost factor anyway but good to see we've got these 20 stadiums so far!

p.s. Since no-one took the bait the other day, I'll say it again :P But I want Konami to simulate the Euro style microphones in the goal. Love the sound of the ball hitting the woodwork. And please add some vibration on the controller. I wouldn't think either would take much effort to implement but for me personally, would add a nice touch and level of atmosphere. It would be easier than getting the commentator to lay down some audio screaming about how close the chance was...

I don't know Calcio but I certainly wouldn't mind stadium DLC free or for a small monetary sum as it adds to the realism when playing a league season.

Leagues can be created by the whole host of patch making communities we have across the world from Thailand to Chile, Russia to Australia.

And you can install multiple patches. If you're on the PC platform that is.

I don't know Calcio but I certainly wouldn't mind stadium DLC free or for a small monetary sum as it adds to the realism when playing a league season.

Leagues can be created by the whole host of patch making communities we have across the world from Thailand to Chile, Russia to Australia.

And you can install multiple patches. If you're on the PC platform that is.

I'm with you on this. I'd rather have another batch of stadia DLC (Serie A or Ligue Un) than another league. I've got a feeling I'm going to be playing a lot of La Liga in PES2013 because of the added authenticity - and hence greater enjoyment for me - of having all 20 stadia to play in.

On a related note, how much do you think EA would have charged for the La Liga stadium pack?

One more thing no-one seems to care about, but annoys me, will we see away teams getting kick off at your home ground? I mean, come on?! Why do home team ALWAYS start the game? It's not proper in real life too :/.

I miss the coin toss! BRING IT BACK! KONAMI BRING IT BACK!

I'm putting my expectation so low that I cannot possibly be disappointed by PES2013.I think I'll enjoy it a lot more than PES2012

Has there been any mention from Konami or playtesters about stamina in PES2013? Even so much as a little tweaking here and there? One major thing that's pissed me off with PES2012 is that I could spend 80 minutes passing the ball like Spain across the CPU's penalty area, forcing the CPU into chasing and harrying, yet they never tire, then in fact have tons of energy to counter attack.

That simply doesn't happen in real life. Spain for example usually run teams ragged by passing and moving, and grind teams down by making them physically exhausted.

There is an old saying in football, to let the ball do the work, but that's a point that Konami seem to be completely missing.

Has there been any mention from Konami or playtesters about stamina in PES2013? Even so much as a little tweaking here and there? One major thing that's pissed me off with PES2012 is that I could spend 80 minutes passing the ball like Spain across the CPU's penalty area, forcing the CPU into chasing and harrying, yet they never tire, then in fact have tons of energy to counter attack.

That simply doesn't happen in real life. Spain for example usually run teams ragged by passing and moving, and grind teams down by making them physically exhausted.

There is an old saying in football, to let the ball do the work, but that's a point that Konami seem to be completely missing.

Very well said.

Having better ball possession is deinetly a good advantage regarding staminia/fatigue or whatever.

I also wish they toned down the double pressure effectiveness substantially in a way that, with a proper staminia/fatigue system, playing slow build up style could finally be more rewardable in online matchs.

I'm with you on this. I'd rather have another batch of stadia DLC (Serie A or Ligue Un) than another league. I've got a feeling I'm going to be playing a lot of La Liga in PES2013 because of the added authenticity - and hence greater enjoyment for me - of having all 20 stadia to play in.

On a related note, how much do you think EA would have charged for the La Liga stadium pack?

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be brilliant. And it's one thing I hate about FIFA, so many leagues and players but a lot of them feel so generic. I meant that if they had a choice of bringing in more fans by having another 2 good and diverse leagues it would be better for them short term. But from what I understood of the wenb podcast, they could be trying to expand it further in the future.

I've often thought that I'd be happy with a game that didn't have 100 leagues but the ones it had were really authentic. Even if it was just a bunch of international teams but everyone was treated with great individuality. So hopefully Konami can work from their current base and increase the experience of the licenses they currently have :)

We need a stack of Div2 leagues so that we can switch leagues in FL. Unless you are Sir Alex or David Moyes it's a bit silly to limit us to only ever being able manage one team throughout young ML campaign. At least if KONAMI don't do that allow us within out ML campaign to pick a nation and manage it through Euro's/WC qualification etc. ML just needs a little more depth in regards to genuine options/choices.

I wouldn't mind if they couldn't get us to swap clubs for now but allow us to be called up to manage an International team (whether it's manager's birth country or another national team). That would add a nice element of diversification to the ML experience. I mean, even the BAL mode lets you play for club and country, but it doesn't allow you to control the whole team, nor the tactics.

Perhaps they could give better integration so that if you choose to play in BAL, you can also choose upfront or game by game whether you are player or player/manager. Otherwise you have to start new careers in separate modes and unless PES is the only game you play (which for a lot of gamers it won't be) you'd need hours and hours of gameplay to progress through the ranks.

Damn they need to work on the AI. Been using scotland against Colombia nd ecuador and Montenegro and so forth. The game plays out very the similarly on top player, the Defence sits in the box and when you lose the ball 3 players rip through yours to pinog ping boom the ball into the net. The AIs sense of hitting the target, passing and dribbling coupled with its deep defence makes it a nasty experience indeed.

This is more imprtant to me than any other innovation. Dropping the level on difficulty just means more space leaving you with more possession. I don't feel quite right on proffessional but top player is faaaar too brutal. The way ecuador did a 1 touch pass from their own box with 2 player hitting 180 degree spin passes and crosses just led me to switch off my PS3 altogether.

Damn they need to work on the AI. Been using scotland against Colombia nd ecuador and Montenegro and so forth. The game plays out very the similarly on top player, the Defence sits in the box and when you lose the ball 3 players rip through yours to pinog ping boom the ball into the net. The AIs sense of hitting the target, passing and dribbling coupled with its deep defence makes it a nasty experience indeed.

This is more imprtant to me than any other innovation. Dropping the level on difficulty just means more space leaving you with more possession. I don't feel quite right on proffessional but top player is faaaar too brutal. The way ecuador did a 1 touch pass from their own box with 2 player hitting 180 degree spin passes and crosses just led me to switch off my PS3 altogether.

It is one of the biggest issue since 2011. One of the core gameplay part (CPU ai attacking/defensive variety) that prevent me from playing master league after 3-4 ml matches ;).

At the moment in terms of variety, i remember Rom said that cpu ai in current PES 2013 build played a bit similiar. :YAWN:

Last edited:

Very well said.

Having better ball possession is deinetly a good advantage regarding staminia/fatigue or whatever.

I also wish they toned down the double pressure effectiveness substantially in a way that, with a proper staminia/fatigue system, playing slow build up style could finally be more rewardable in online matchs.

according to adam from wenb, there wont be a short term stamina system BUT.... "We’ll see how much you care about the stamina system when you play the game"

"If people are being negative before they play the game, or try to give feedback before they’ve played the game, I never listen to them when collating feedback"

:?

Last edited:

Very well said.

But then, as a consequence, ball retention needs to be a lot harder. Otherwise, especially online, you will have teams just passing back and forth in order to wear out the opponent. This is a tactic in real life, but not with as such ease as in PES.

according to adam from wenb, there wont be a short term stamina system BUT.... "We’ll see how much you care about the stamina system when you play the game"

"If people are being negative before they play the game, or try to give feedback before they’ve played the game, I never listen to them when collating feedback"

:?

To certain point i may agree in a sense that there are elements other than 2nd tiered stamina, which is not introduced this year, that msy improve risk/reward for pressure abuse stuff. Slower pace of the game, better referee, more freedom to pass, and better team mate ai positioning.

Like barca in its bad time :P

But then, as a consequence, ball retention needs to be a lot harder. Otherwise, especially online, you will have teams just passing back and forth in order to wear out the opponent. This is a tactic in real life, but not with as such ease as in PES.

That's a really good point, implementing a proper stamina issue would probably very easily abused online. But that just makes me wish they'd release two seperate games altogether, one online, one offline. I'm sure trying to get a balance between the two leads to a weaker offline experience.

I know where you're comming from... I think I ever saw this cheap tatics in Fifa (as soon as people took the lead, they were just passing the ball around the back and it was very hard to take possession back), but not many people used to do this coward tatic tho..

The problem is that, currently, it's way too easy to close players down. When people hold down pressure buttons (sprint+square+X), players (usually more than one) come at you so quicly as if they want to "rape" you, it's unfair, and making just three passes around your defence becomes a nightmare. I just want this to be more balanced, nothing more and nothing less.

Achieving around 60% ball possession is something that must require real skills on the game, and you shoud not be confident to play like this all the time unless you are playing with Barça or Spain.. and take note that when they (Barcelona/Spain) pass around their back, the defenders are on the half line of the field...

If a player use this cheap tatics as soon as he takes the lead and get the ball back, you could deal with this by just setting your team to play with high defence line and high pressure, as your opponent is "calling" and challenging you to play on his own field, then it should be easy to force him to clear the ball and you will fatefully get the ball back.

I just don't want pressure to be so easy like it currently is, it's too easy to quickly close your players down, it's way too efective. Online games are unplayble to me not just because the high assisted pass, the crazy pace (too fast) and overpowered dribbling (speed merchant), but specialy because of the insane pressure.

I haven't been giving much attention to online these days, but I wanted it to be at least decent... it's good to play against someone sometimes after playing a season in ML, you know..:))

Last edited:

To be honest, I'm worried about the new dynamic first touch feature. In a real game, teams defend by closing spaces, leading the opponent to a bad passing/dribbling decision, or a bad ball reception. Like a crouching tiger, waiting for the pray to make a mistake and jump over it.

Current PES passes are too accurate most of the time, specially AI driven ones. If dynamic first touch does the same for ball reception (again, mostly involving AI) game dynamic could be compromised.

To be honest, I'm worried about the new dynamic first touch feature. In a real game, teams defend by closing spaces, leading the opponent to a bad passing/dribbling decision, or a bad ball reception. Like a crouching tiger, waiting for the pray to make a mistake and jump over it.

Current PES passes are too accurate most of the time, specially AI driven ones. If dynamic first touch does the same for ball reception (again, mostly involving AI) game dynamic could be compromised.

When you say dynamic first touch, don't you actually mean dynamic one two (at 0:28) ?

YouTube - ***NEW*** OFFICIAL PES 2013 | "PES Full Control" Gameplay

I know where you're comming from... I think I ever saw this cheap tatics in Fifa (as soon as people took the lead, they were just passing the ball around the back and it was very hard to take possession back), but not many people used to do this coward tatic tho..

It was a tactic as far back as PES6 from what I recall. An online league I was part of had as an unwritten rule against doing this. Its just far too easy to play pretty football, even with the default ML players.

I agree with what you with regards to closing down, I think both are just a consequence of catering to the masses. Near enough every mate Ive played in real life never cared about defending, they'd just mash the pressure button and wait until they got the ball back. Defending as a whole has been neglected in sports games, as its not what draws consumers in.

However, in PES 2011 at least, defending like that was fairly easy to exploit with the spaces left. It only caused an issue when the lag was enough to delay reactions enough, making it harder to skip past a clumsy challenge.

A proper stamina system, more erroneous touches and array passing need implementing really.

DuduBR9, I mean this:

•Dynamic First Touch: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 introduces subtle ways to receive the ball, from traps to gently lifting it past an attacker to run on to or a variety of other moves. First Touch is everything, and players can trap the ball using the R2 button, killing the speed of a well-hit pass and bringing it instantly under control, or using the momentum of the pass to turn a defender.

Its MMO game, Winning Eleven Online . Game developed by Konami and hangame .
In first look the game look like HD version of PES 6 but... is really diffident . Has some tricks from PES 2012 , animation from PES 2010, some controls from PES 6 and PES 5 ,even some tricks of PES 2013 i guess ,
it's really different and cool game. I can say HOW i play it but.. its evo-web will ban me , because they say it is illegal, the game is Korea exclusive only and there still a lot options doesn't work . But trust me, soon every one will play it ;)
Stamina system is really good . If u try some tricks and runs with one player, he start to run slower, to move slower and to make mistakes , so you must passing or stop to rest for a few seconds . Animations are really feel fluid and natural .
I'm upload now video in youtube from my first play last night , if there is not 60 fps i will reaupload mp4 file in some server .
P.S. here is the video :
http://youtu.be/dTTFgYwLezg
But yeah.. it's not 60 fps... i will upload it in some server .

this looks much better then what we will be getting in pes 2013.
the animations and ball physics look great.
these are the main reasons why playing this game felt to real in the past and now it feels like you are doing just that,playing a game.
KONAMI must really be up to something. maybe they wanna release something big in 2014 with the world cup being held in that year cause to go to where they are at this moment compared to where they where in the past is just unbelievable.
the animations and physics SUCK.
I REALLY HOPE THIS WE-ONLINE IS RELEASED WORLDWIDE cause i am really not looking forward to PES 2013 UNLESS the demo makes my jaw drop of course, what looks impossible at the moment.

It was a tactic as far back as PES6 from what I recall. An online league I was part of had as an unwritten rule against doing this. Its just far too easy to play pretty football, even with the default ML players.

I agree with what you with regards to closing down, I think both are just a consequence of catering to the masses. Near enough every mate Ive played in real life never cared about defending, they'd just mash the pressure button and wait until they got the ball back. Defending as a whole has been neglected in sports games, as its not what draws consumers in.

However, in PES 2011 at least, defending like that was fairly easy to exploit with the spaces left. It only caused an issue when the lag was enough to delay reactions enough, making it harder to skip past a clumsy challenge.

A proper stamina system, more erroneous touches and array passing need implementing really.

About the part in bold, I think you're right.

EA tried to do something about it tho by making the new tatical defending the default one and people can't turn it off in ranked matchs. The complaint from the masses about this change was instantly, and even so I still heard that this tatical defending does not solve much the problem, some people were still complainning about pressure online.

I even assume that EA in a near future will make that tatical defending more and more closer to the old classic one.

But back in ps2 days, I don't remember pressure being such a problem like these days, and everyone enjoyed. Pressure was a choice, not a way to have huge advantage on the game. It was far mor balanced. You used pressure in a more context sense, not all the time, even when your player is far away from the one with the ball like i'm going to show on a video below..

We9
YouTube - Amazing WE9LE gameplay part1

Now compare with this...:

YouTube - PES 2012 Online - Barcelona vs Real Madrid

At 5:05, 5:09. Look at how you always have to speed up the game due to this horrible pressure. No freedom at all to slow down the game just a bit, no time and space. In fact, on the very few games that I ever played online in pes 2012, I think I've seen games far worse than that tbh.

But now look specially at 5:26... look at how far Adriano is from the Madrid player with the ball, but yet he manages to close him down in time to block the pass. It's so illogical that "abomination" is the proper word to the describe this stupid pressure and how players close you down in a split of a second.

I know you are aware of this issues, you have the game, but it's good to use videos to point out what i mean..

Last edited:

to be honest i tried weo and pes 5 the last few weeks and they are unplayable to me right now, especially after playing pes 2011 and pes 2012 0 assistance passing. WEO and ps2 pes passing system is so assisted you can't put direction and power to the pass the way you want, the system simply takes the nearest team mate and makes the ball go there. Awful, to be honest. It was good those days, not now.

The only things i miss from ps2 games is animation variety, contextual animations, fluidity of gameplay, precise responsiveness to user input

Back
Top Bottom