PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

yes, we all want winning eleven online :D, that's the real, core pes.

Yes, I can't deal anymore with that floaty thing which the current PES is. I tried. A lot.
But finally I reversed back to older PES pre next gen. Sometimes I play PES2011 on PS2 with mates and I can't believe how incredibly better it is. You feel the ball.

Someone once wrote that FIFA is about using the players on the screen to play football where PES is playing football, that's true only for last gen PES imo. And starting from PES2011 it was even worse imo, as the game lost its heaviness in ball phyisics and collisions. Also the ball is no longer perceived as a separate entity.

The worst thing is that I expect PES2013 to be the same floaty experience as the core structure of the game is the same.
Not only, I'm afraid they are happy with this trend as long as copying FIFA style elements seems to be the new PES policy from PES2011.

Also the ball is no longer perceived as a separate entity.

I think that's perhaps the biggest flaw in the game since 6. The ball feeling like it's on a string.

I don't see how they lost that when it's running on the same core engine. It's something they need to eliminate when they move on to the new game, simplest solution is to scrap the reliance on animations and just go for something based on a physics engine.

Wasn't DX11 supposed to herald new physics capabilities? If we had games running on this sort of platform, would we not be well advanced in this respect and not stuck in the old animations and canned gameplay?

Also, love the Kick-Off avatar, brings me back to the old Master System days of the early 90s. That was my game of choice.

Last edited:

I was reading about the DLC with 20 stadiums from Spanish La Liga and one question came to my mind: that means different pitch sizes? As far as I can recall, I've never seen any differences in the dimensions of the pitch between stadiums. But this cannot happen as long as you include Camp Nou (105 x 68 m) and Vallecas (100 x 65m). Otherwise, big mistake

Just after pre-ordering pro evo 13 wont have it untill the 12th of oct pity really ill just have to download it off piratebay and wait for my cd key off gamestop:))

http://t.co/8dvM4CcX

IGN seem pretty up on 2013. We all know about PES 2008, but how have they been recently?

Their PES 2012 preview wasn't positive at all.

Take out quote:

While Teammate Control might revolutionize the technical aspects of charging up the field, the additional elements at play in Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 remain mired in the past. Before getting a handle on Teammate Control, every pass, shot, and scenario in the game felt strikingly similar to last year's outing (as well as the year before).

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185738p1.html

I don't trust any of the gaming websites/magazines to be either honest nor thorough in their previews/reviews.

They are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

They're useful in terms of getting an idea for how at least a small portion of the masses will look at the game. They mean nothing as far as my opinion is concerned - it's just nice to see a mainstream site (especially one who thinks there's an H in Cristiano) notice that PES has depth.

At this point, screenshots are useless unless they're showing some detail that can't be seen in a video. It's not like we're reading magazines, Konami need to upload some videos of the goalkeepers and raw gameplay.

I know this is very far down in the list of importance, but if they are going for realism in ML, shouldn't they have regens like FIFA or Football Manager? This really keeps me from playing past two or three season in ML.

Regens should have random names and not retired player names, and if you have a team from Spain, most players coming through should be Spanish.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's inconsequential, but the devil is in the detail.

I know this is very far down in the list of importance, but if they are going for realism in ML, shouldn't they have regens like FIFA or Football Manager? This really keeps me from playing past two or three season in ML.

Regens should have random names and not retired player names, and if you have a team from Spain, most players coming through should be Spanish.

I know in the grand scheme of things it's inconsequential, but the devil is in the detail.

This!

ML is the one thing which sets FIFA and PES apart from each other for me personally, and these little things make it difficult to continue for so long, if they could cut some of the crap out of it would be brilliant!

There was a lad sitting directly across from me and Sunny in the morning session who somehow managed to sound more enthusiastic about the game than Sunny! Wonder if that was the IGN chap.

Joel Gregory (I think it was him) from future/OPM looked and sounded like a disinterested FIFA convert, and the Eurogamer dude sat the whole time - during the presentation and play test - with his jacket on and satchel wrapped around him, not saying a word.

Nice Torres video, but his signature moves have changed a bit since then. Sorry, couldn't resist a dig.

I agree, having a youth team in ML is awesome but why they can't just make random generated players I don't know. It totally shatters the immersion when you find you have a couple of new players added to the youth squad only for them to be called Henry and Deco, something that happened in previous ML games.

It might seem a small issue but it's incredibly annoying if you play mostly ML like myself.

One thing I'd like fed back to Konami and I really hope they can implement it since it's not a hard or time consuming job, is the boom you get when a shot comes in close to goal or the post is hit. Watching the Euro's, the microphones placed close to goal pick up those moments beautifully.

I know every kick used to sound really boomy but I think they should do it for posts/crossbars along with some vibration on the controller. And maybe vibration when you get fouled or foul someone heavily. And any headers or powerful shots close to goal should have that boom to add that extra emphasis and atmosphere.

They could even use a sampled kick drum lol

Back
Top Bottom