PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

PS3 System Software Update (v4.20)

Tomorrow we will be releasing a new system software update (v4.20) for PlayStation 3 which will include a few minor updates in order to strengthen functionality and improve your overall experience.

We have also improved saved data management. You will now be able to select multiple saved data items and delete them or copy them as a group.

Link: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/25/ps3-system-software-update-v4-20/

Option Files!!!! :BOP:

Ufff!! my dream comes true!!!!

:WORSHIP:

I don't care if pressure is high or low, I just want to see pressure having a pricetag in the form of losing stamina/fitness. If a realistic realtime twotiered stamina/fatigue-system were in the game, then using pressure would become a tactic with a price like in real life and every team can decide if and when to use it.

God I hope it works for the online storage too. Accidentally set PES to save all the kit images to the cloud, using the whole bloody thing up in the process.

Tomorrow we will be releasing a new system software update (v4.20) for PlayStation 3 which will include a few minor updates in order to strengthen functionality and improve your overall experience.

We have also improved saved data management. You will now be able to select multiple saved data items and delete them or copy them as a group.

Link: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/25/ps3-system-software-update-v4-20/

So, so, welcome. Roll on OF's.

That could be really good for you guys on PS3. Since the Xbox option file recently got really easy to import...and at high res, it would be good if every platform had a quick and easy method of importing top notch OF's. Would also be good for those people who are tempted to try out PES 2013 as well as there's less excuses now lol

That's me ordering the PS3 version then. Option file kits and badges look miles better thanks to being able to import png files rather than drawing them from scratch.

Well done Sony!

Best PES related news I've heard in a long time.

That's me ordering the PS3 version then. Option file kits and badges look miles better thanks to being able to import png files rather than drawing them from scratch.

Well done Sony!

Not anymore, daymos and co use now tools that allow them to import png-files into the xbox360-optionfiles, so no difference in quality between ps3- and xbox360-files anymore.

The best improvement they made beside that was to make installation very easy, it's now just a drag and drop-action, can't be any easier. I imported daymos v4-option file within a minute, simply perfect!

I hope and think that it will be similar for PES 2013.

Funny you say that, because ball was "free" in PES 3/4/5. It was not glued to feet. Total freedom of ball being separate entity where did I saw it after PES? Well, in Football Kingdom. Now if only someone could re-do FK game to current standards... ;)

YouTube - Football Kingdom Sequel Petition

(note: I know it's arcade to the max, but damn it was enjoyable game never sold in Europe. Luckily you can run it on emulator on PC)

As for R2 being abused, wasn't that dribble in all PES prior to 2008? I mean come on, PES will play always different to skills abusive FIFA. So I am not worried one bit :P. (plus individuality really does matter in Pro Evo. Deadwood defender can't turn as fast or can't recive fast paced pass that well, etc.)

Demo should reveal it all though.

Hi mate,

How do you get this to work on an emulator? Any help would be appreciated.

Not anymore, daymos and co use now tools that allow them to import png-files into the xbox360-optionfiles, so no difference in quality between ps3- and xbox360-files anymore.

The best improvement they made beside that was to make installation very easy, it's now just a drag and drop-action, can't be any easier. I imported daymos v4-option file within a minute, simply perfect!

I hope and think that it will be similar for PES 2013.

correct!

The new file took me about 5 minutes to download the actual file from the hosting site but the getting it from pc to 360 was about 2 minutes. It was only 2 files on the USB but they contained over 300 when on the 360.
Amazing!
Next seasons kits on PES12 - Fantastic!!

Picked up some points of a google translated impressions from a peskings link. Had a lot of pretty interesting information. Bare with me, i probably got a few intepretations wrong.

-The E3 Code is a 60 percent code, which they were playtesting.
-There is much more freedom in passing and shooting, more reliance in pressing the button with the right power; he could not test manual stuff though, so this is all in default.
-One of the things that were slowed down was the turning speed and the passing speed.
-Long ranger card removed. Google translate called it "Cannoneer"
- Shot feints are very much toned down, however the goalkeeper is still susceptible to it when running down the sides.
-Goalkeepers are very much improved. Able to use off ball control to move and catch balls during corner kicks(not sure if he meant that).
-Lobs over keepers are harder to pull off, however still a good source of goals.
-Player ID is very well presented, however some players share moves, and some animations are sometimes over exagerrated.
-AI is much improved, there are no stupid moments that happened during the playtest. However, attacking through the wings is still very effective.
-Through balls are too easy to use.
-Although there is many more animations in the game, it is not really a big change.

Last edited:

Picked up some points of a google translated impressions from a peskings link. Had a lot of pretty interesting information. Bare with me, i probably got a few intepretations wrong.

-The E3 Code is a 60 percent code, which they were playtesting.
-There is much more freedom in passing and shooting, more reliance in pressing the button with the right power; he could not test manual stuff though, so this is all in default.
-One of the things that were slowed down was the turning speed and the passing speed.
-Long ranger card removed. Google translate called it "Cannoneer"
- Shot feints are very much toned down, however the goalkeeper is still susceptible to it when running down the sides.
-Goalkeepers are very much improved. Able to use off ball control to move and catch balls during corner kicks(not sure if he meant that).
-Lobs over keepers are harder to pull off, however still a good source of goals.
-Player ID is very well presented, however some players share moves, and some animations are sometimes over exagerrated.
-AI is much improved, there are no stupid moments that happened during the playtest. However, attacking through the wings is still very effective.
-Through balls are too easy to use.
-Although there is many more animations in the game, it is not really a big change.
Still not judging any game this year until i at least try a demo/beta but looking at the above, if its accurate, it sounds disappointing

Been switching a lot between PES6 PC, FIFA12 and Pro Evo last few days to try and compare and contrast some more, and all three games could take something from each other. Things that are bothering me which need to be sorted for PES 2013 are things like the vivid nature of stadia and grass textures, especially getting the day/night element right.

Shooting needs to be as responsive and satisfying as both PES 6 and FIFA with the foot planting context. The random nature of the speed and pressure which may be to do with scripting in ML, simply has to go. Had two games last night where the games were great, then 1 this morning against Villa where the game was a scripted mess. Two dodgy deflected goals that went 1mph past the keeper, speed all over the place, constant attack v counter. Just a mess.

So really hoping that KONAMI nail the game pace this year and that the CPU just doesn't attack dribble and appreciates when space is being closed and tries to play some sort of passing game. The balance is tricky. You don't want FIFA style repetitiveness but you do wan the art of defending to mean something this year. Playing PES 6 PC, it was instantly more satisfying while defending and yet so simplistic. Simplistic in a control sense but hard to re-learn positioning etc.

Players' pace and acceleration needs to be toned right down too. Fast players shouldn't be the be all and end all of the game. The trade off should be rubbish control and dispossession unless you're the pinnacle of the worlds dribbling elite. I really hope PES 2013 makes a mark this year and at least bring out a solid playable game from the get-go.

I would love someone to provide feedback about the way a goalscorer and assist provider is shown on screen. I can't remember as it's not in front of me but isn't the really big title for the assist provider and the little font for the goalscorer? Shouldn't it be the other way around?!

Maybe it was like that last year but I'm sure I've seen it this year too. But I've had a long day at work and maybe I'm dreaming lol.

Back
Top Bottom