PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I don't play any game online anymore after bunch of kiddies got computers/consoles. Internet became a plague with idiots.

I used to be competetive online gamer 7 years ago (Counter Strike leagues, Enemy Territory, RTCW, WH40k, COH :D), but nowhere near as fun now.

You want to play footy online? Play f**king FIFA. It's a game made for this. PES was always offline or offline with friends playing on same console/PC ;).

That's when I had most fun. Who needs online modes? Kiddies with no friends in real life (when I was little, we used to play football... At the pitch, or ride bicycles or do running/play war outside not in front of teh screen). Just saying... How the World changed.

You're making it sound like it's got to be either SP or MP whereas it can be a bit of both.I want both experiences to be as enjoyable as possible.
One doesn't have to prioritized by a gamer.There has still many people who hope to have a good SP mode

Mate try telling that to the person im quoting below who clearly things sp or MP. not both.

That is my main grip. many here including the person below thinks you cant have both and that PES should be SP only and not to give a shit about MP.

I don't play any game online anymore after bunch of kiddies got computers/consoles. Internet became a plague with idiots.

I used to be competetive online gamer 7 years ago (Counter Strike leagues, Enemy Territory, RTCW, WH40k, COH :D), but nowhere near as fun now.

You want to play footy online? Play f**king FIFA. It's a game made for this. PES was always offline or offline with friends playing on same console/PC ;).

That's when I had most fun. Who needs online modes? Kiddies with no friends in real life (when I was little, we used to play football... At the pitch, or ride bicycles or do running/play war outside not in front of teh screen). Just saying... How the World changed.

I used to find playing online quite boring actually. Everyone using the same formation and predictable tactics. And this was in an organised league.

I always have - and still do - enjoy playing the AI in PES. My fondest memories of PES are in single player Master League or Tournament mode. Not many online.

Each to their own, Jonney. Online play can be great but that doesn't mean every single game has to be online-centric. Single player games like Red Dead or GTA still deliver some of the finest moments in gaming in my opinion.

Local multiplayer is where it's at for me. I don't get to hook up with my mates very often these days but I still enjoy a few games of PES and all the banter of being in the same room as your opponent. Nothing can beat that.

The AI uses same tactics and exploits far worse then a human player.

you cannot say that a human player is MORE predictable then the AI. never will. AI is not even as clever as a human being so to think a human being is very predictable using same tactics compared to AI is a strange thing to say.

Some of peoples comments and hate towards MP is laughable tbh and no one here is saying games should be online centric. especillay freaking story driven games LOL.

where talking about football here. u know, a sport. a Sport that is aimed at COMPETING, yes COMPETING againts other people/players.

The Internet has given the opprtunity for gamers to u know, compete against eachother in a competitive centric game like a sports game.

What Sports game has no MP online these days?

Seriously dude why are you comparing read dead to a sports game lol?

If you dont like MP, fine but dont laugh at me for liking MP and dont come up with some terrible reasons(imo) on why AI is far superior then a human being :LOL:

hah at people in this thread implying online last year wasn't a complete and utter unplayable shambles.

You'll always have undesirables online granted, but PES 2012 was beyond a joke. Being up against lazer-aimed passes guided by cheaply assembled superstars. No thanks.

They were on to a good thing the year before by introducing MLO, but they royalled fucked it up in the last version. Shame no-one bothered to even question what changes they intended to make this year in that respect.

@jonneymendoza: My bad for misinterpreting your words.I think the best way is to keep an open mind about the whole situation.It can only benefit the MP or SP hardcore fans that the other mode is better.
Better AI for instance benefits greatly both parties.

Seriously dude why are you comparing read dead to a sports game lol?

If you dont like MP, fine but dont laugh at me for liking MP and dont come up with some terrible reasons(imo) on why AI is far superior then a human being :LOL:

No, I wasn't comparing Red Dead to PES, you just misinterpret my point as always.

What I'm saying is there is still massive value in single player experiences.

What a bullshit:COAT: "I have to play FIFA online?" I don't want becasue i like play Pes online:TTTH: "Pes was always for offline?" Who said it? You? :LOL: "Who needs online modes?" Thousand people who like play Pes online.:)) Can you belive it? People who like play Pes online. Please stop talking bullshit.

Last edited:

http://www.konami-pes2013.com/eu/en/2012/05/pes-2013-announcement-trailer-for-june-1st-at-900-am/

PES_actionshot_6.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited:

PES 2013: announcement trailer for June 1st at 9:00 am (CET)
by PES-Team on 31/05/12

From 9am CET we’ll be showcasing a special E3 interview with new PES Team face Kei Masuda.

Kei will be talking about three key areas of PES development this year ahead of showing new code during the show.

We’ve got some screenshots here to tempt you, but to get all the info you’ll need make sure to tune in tomorrow at www.konami.com/e3 to catch the latest infos!

In the meantime if you want to find out more about Kei make sure to read our article on him here.

Well, we'll see how good this Player ID stuff really is in a few hours. Please, don't let me down, Konami.

Question from fox engine.

Which one is real and which one is rendered?

Fox-Engine-vs-Reality.jpg

I think the left one is real and the right one is rendered.

Doesn't matter, those pictures aren't even in HD resolutions.
Left is real, in any case.

As you can see much sharper details on right side, the right one is rendered.

Left is real.

But to be honest, it's amazing level of detail retained :P.

If you remember a year ago, Fox engine was announced by Kojima on....... Xbox 360 . Now I saw a little preview of the Unreal engine 3 and 4 and to tell the truth .. how they would be drove on the Xbox 360 .. seems more than phenomenal.
I fear that, Fox engine is developing 2 years for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and now will be converted to PS4 ... this sounds familiar ,something loke PES6 to PES 2008 and we all know what was the outcome.
Whether is will be Fox engine capable of competing against each Unreal engine 3 and 4 ?

Are you sure this isn't one of those things were both sides are rendered?

If you remember a year ago, Fox engine was announced by Kojima on....... Xbox 360 . Now I saw a little preview of the Unreal engine 3 and 4 and to tell the truth .. how they would be drove on the Xbox 360 .. seems more than phenomenal.
I fear that, Fox engine is developing 2 years for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and now will be converted to PS4 ... this sounds familiar ,something loke PES6 to PES 2008 and we all know what was the outcome.
Whether is will be Fox engine capable of competing against each Unreal engine 3 and 4 ?

No, it's not that same. There won't be any problems.

It's not true. How do you know that FOX ENGINE is developing on Xbox 360 and PS3? This engine is developing on PC. Look at the screens on this engine. It's look awesome. I don't see that Unreal engine 3 or 4 look better.

Last edited:

wat does concern me is..........

- still no news about a new stamina system in pes2013.....

- passingbars are back, will this effect/ruined online play

- what about autotackle, autopass, autoshoot and all that nonsense
we this be gone.....

- is the clipping of players/ball fixed

I asked JM and adam on twitter but they dont have an answer

so probably this wont be fixed, wich is sad :RANT:

Yes really:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yes, those 200 x 200 pictures really blow Unreal out of the water. Come back to me when you have something more... substantial, that isn't being shown-off in PS2-like resolutions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

Unreal 3 is far more impressive than FOX Engine and it just adds DX 11 support, yet, FOX Engine is more impressive than Unreal 4, according to you.

Absurd claims either way, we've barely seen anything of Fox Engine.

Either way, Fox Engine on PES will pretty much just mean great graphics. Everything else still needs to be done from scratch.

Unreal Engine is used in so many games, even on iPhone (Infinity Blade!!!!!!!!!!).

There is also possiblity to do ANY game on it. There are also contests made by Epic (Make Something Unreal, they released full SDK for game developing etc.)

Yes, making sports game from it is possible, but who would want to use it? EA? (they have their own build from ground zero), KONAMI (again, same story as with EA), 2k Sports (again same story and if you look at Top Spin 4 you can see why... It blows away :P).

But whatever, I can't wait to see FOX engine in action myself. It can be huge success or big flop.

Absurd claims either way, we've barely seen anything of Fox Engine.
Not on my part, I don't go around showcasing 200 x 200 pictures of off-screen captures to argue that the FOX Engine is better than Unreal 4. Or that Unreal 4 can't be used in football games.

Either way, Fox Engine on PES will pretty much just mean great graphics. Everything else still needs to be done from scratch.

If your definition of graphics includes renderer, physics and animation, then they're already half-way there. They're just missing scripting and AI, some other stuff I can't remember.
If FOX Engine is any good, that is.

I seriously doubt the same mechanisms in terms of physics and animations made for MGS games will work on a football game. Interested in being proven wrong.

Unreal Engine is used in so many games, even on iPhone (Infinity Blade!!!!!!!!!!).

There is also possiblity to do ANY game on it. There are also contests made by Epic (Make Something Unreal, they released full SDK for game developing etc.)

Yes, making sports game from it is possible, but who would want to use it? EA? (they have their own build from ground zero), KONAMI (again, same story as with EA), 2k Sports (again same story and if you look at Top Spin 4 you can see why... It blows away :P).

But whatever, I can't wait to see FOX engine in action myself. It can be huge success or big flop.

Agree . We still dont know what can do this engine . I just want to be realy " the best engine in the world " how say Kojima .
Sony work on they technology too :)
[url][url="http://www.gametrailers....p | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Last edited:

I seriously doubt the same mechanisms in terms of physics and animations made for MGS games will work on a football game. Interested in being proven wrong.

Since PES Productions confirmed that they're working closely with KP on FOX Engine, I'm assuming that FOX Engine isn't being developed with only MGS games in mind.
Maybe I'm assuming wrong. FOX Engine being Konami's version of MT Framework is what I'm getting from all of this.

Not on my part, I don't go around showcasing 200 x 200 pictures of off-screen captures to argue that the FOX Engine is better than Unreal 4. Or that Unreal 4 can't be used in football games.

If your definition of graphics includes renderer, physics and animation, then they're already half-way there. They're just missing scripting and AI, some other stuff I can't remember.
If FOX Engine is any good, that is.

Please dont' say bullshit becasue i didn't say FOX ENGINE is better than Unreal 4. I said that Unreal in my opinion don't look better. This engines look in the same level.

Back
Top Bottom