PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Since PES Productions confirmed that they're working closely with KP on FOX Engine, I'm assuming that FOX Engine isn't being developed with only MGS games in mind.
Maybe I'm assuming wrong.

Another option is that they take Fox Engine as a base but are re-doing parts of it to make it suitable for a sports game. Ence why I said it pretty much only guarantees good graphics (and that's if the said engine really has such) since everything else still depends on PES team's ability. Though maybe the fact they're working closely with Kojima's team may mean they're getting help on that regard too.

Please dont' say bullshit becasue i didn't say FOX ENGINE is better than Unreal 4. I said that Unreal in my opinion don't look better. This engines look in the same level.

Your posts speak for themselves, don't worry. :))

If you remember a year ago, Fox engine was announced by Kojima on....... Xbox 360 . Now I saw a little preview of the Unreal engine 3 and 4 and to tell the truth .. how they would be drove on the Xbox 360 .. seems more than phenomenal.
I fear that, Fox engine is developing 2 years for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and now will be converted to PS4 ... this sounds familiar ,something loke PES6 to PES 2008 and we all know what was the outcome.
Whether is will be Fox engine capable of competing against each Unreal engine 3 and 4 ?

Of course that the current consoles won't run Unreal Engine 4.0. There are rumores that even the WiiU won't be powerful enough to run it.

As for the Fox Engine, I don't know...I mean, was the engine designed to run on the current consoles as well or it will be fully designed to next gen ?

I'm asking that because UE4.0 is clearly designed exclusevly to the next gen consoles and PC, but it seems this is not exactly the case for Fox Engine.

IMHO, I'd like to see the Fox ENgine being exclusive to nextgen consoles to take advantage of any mordern techs of the future, and it seems that it's confimed that PES will take use of it, so I want to see PES competing more equally to EA next time.

Last edited:

No, I wasn't comparing Red Dead to PES, you just misinterpret my point as always.

What I'm saying is there is still massive value in single player experiences.
No, what you was saying is how MP is shit and boring and therefore offers no value and then mentioned red dead a fucking action adventure SP game to a football game lol.

I started this discussion when someone started laughing off the fact that Konami maybe working heavily in the MP side of things(about fucking time) and you and others started laughing off saying MP is shit because of some lame BS excuses like saying everyone and i mean everyone who plays PES online are barca/Real noobs and how AI is far more superior then human players lol.

yet again you laugh and join in people laughing at my posts for stupid reasons and now look whos laughing, i have put u and others into perspective with my posts.

And your desperation in mentioning SP games on completely different game genra's is clucthing on straws and others saying no one plays ONLINE LOL! is fucking funny mate.

Also, am i posting this in the correct thread because last page is filled with unreal 4 stuff

What a bullshit:COAT: "I have to play FIFA online?" I don't want becasue i like play Pes online:TTTH: "Pes was always for offline?" Who said it? You? :LOL: "Who needs online modes?" Thousand people who like play Pes online.:)) Can you belive it? People who like play Pes online. Please stop talking bullshit.
exactly!

this is the pinnacle of the BS people spatted at me when i replied on how popular MP is.

Fine if people dont like MP, so be it but dont spat bullshit saying ai is better then humans etc etc.:LMAO:

in-excusable nonsense.

The video with that guy with a cigar on his mouth is showing the Unreal Engine 4, isn't it ?

I doubt this is UE 3.0

The video with that guy with a cigar on his mouth is showing the Unreal Engine 4, isn't it ?

I doubt this is UE 3.0

Yeap, its UE 3 with DirectX 11.

its Unreal 4 mate. old video as well
It's UE 3 .0 dude . In soucre information say its EU 3.0
or... i dont know.. sony run Next gen tehnology , engine on PS3.. Kojima play Fox engine on Xbox PC 3 or i don't know what Platform..

Last edited:

Yeah I know... but the member Shikashi (sorry if I spelt wrong) said that it was UE 3.0. :CONFUSE:

It's 3, but it's using some new tech and tessellation (DX 11), hence why it looks so good. 4 will look better, we just need to wait for GDC this year.
If you don't know what tessellation is:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/tessellation.html

The part where his face changes it in real-time explains it better.

Last edited:

or... i dont know.. sony run Next gen tehnology , engine on PS3.. Kojima play Fox engine on Xbox PC 3 or i don't know what Platform..

Omg.. I didn't know that..:CONFUSE:

If Sony wasn't planning to launch games like The Last of Us, GOW:A and others, this gen would be dead to me, because PC is indeed much, much ahead of the current consoles.

If this is UE3.0 with dx 11, in other words, they could have developed something visually amazing for PC if they wanted, but it's not financially compensatory.

I think Epic will have a hard work to show notable differences betwen the UE3 with Dx11 and UE4.0, meanly because the latter may be way more expansive.

Omg.. I didn't know that..:CONFUSE:

If Sony wasn't planning to launch games like The Last of Us, GOW:A and others, this gen would be dead to me, because PC is indeed much, much ahead of the current consoles.

If this is UE3.0 with dx 11, in other words, they could have developed something visually amazing for PC if they wanted, but it's not financially compensatory.

I think Epic will have a hard work to show notable differences betwen the UE3 with Dx11 and UE4.0, meanly because the latter may be way more expansive.
4 is already better than 3, just looking at the screens from the tech demo.

1920x-1

1920x-1

1000x-1

This was done by 14 engineers in 3 months. It's insane.
To give you a small example, theoretically, if PES next-gen used Unreal 4, the tech would allow Konami to have stuff like the pitch getting damaged in the middle of the game.

Last edited:

sorry but its unreal 4

Yeah I know... but the member Shikashi (sorry if I spelt wrong) said that it was UE 3.0. :CONFUSE:

it aint.

sorry but its unreal 4

it aint.

It's not Unreal 4, it's Unreal 3 with updated tech. Do you want me to prove it with a press release, on top of the fact that the video clearly shows a Unreal 3 watermark? Here:

Unreal Engine 3 takes game engine graphics to the next level with “Samaritan,” a real-time demo revealed at the 2011 Game Developers Conference.

Now supporting DirectX 11, UE3 utilizes DirectX features such as tessellation and displacement, geometry shaders, multisampled textures and Shader Model 5.

High-end rendering features include:

• Image-based reflections that allow surfaces of any shape to reflect an approximate version of scenes, with varying glossiness across surfaces, anisotropic HDR highlights and anti-aliasing;
• Subsurface scattering (SSS) that simulates the light that scatters inside semi-translucent materials, which makes character skin come alive;
• Anti-aliased masked materials that super sample the edges of masked and alpha-tested materials, resulting in highly realistic hair;
• Deferred rendering with MSAA support;
• Bokeh depth of field providing close to film-quality DOF, with artist-controllable Bokeh; and
• High-quality dynamic shadows from many lights on the environment.

Epic also worked with NVIDIA to implement APEX physics technology, which is illustrated by dynamic clothing movement in “Samaritan.” Other APEX features available now include turbulence and real-time destructibility.

Visit their official website if you want to as well.

Last edited:

The first pic is great, but the second one is not that good.I know the resolution is phenomenal and some effects are stunnig, but in that colsed up pic on that monster's face you see some bad res textures. But anyway, this is not a problem actually, I would not notice this minor issues on a tv.

But to be honest, overall those pics didn't impress me that much. This scenario is poor, it's definetly not something inspiring... The pics from the UE 3.0 + Dx11 is more impressive.

ps: I think we went too far... all this talk has nothing to do with PES 2013 lol lol lol

Last edited:

No, what you was saying is how MP is shit and boring and therefore offers no value and then mentioned red dead a fucking action adventure SP game to a football game lol.

Quote where I specifically said this. If you have a serviceable pair of eyes you'll see that I said online is not for me and gave my reasons. You should know more than anyone here that I'm very active in the online racing community at AVF as well as putting in many hours on Battlefield multi-player, so I'm not inherently anti-online as you are trying to colour me.

Red Dead and GTA were used as examples of games which, by your reckoning shouldn't sell very well because they aren't "all about MP mate". The comparison is that a Master League career can be every bit as epic and memorable as any story told in a game from a non-sports genre, that was my point.

I started this discussion when someone started laughing off the fact that Konami maybe working heavily in the MP side of things(about fucking time) and you and others started laughing off saying MP is shit

You didn't start a discussion, more like trolled the thread with this pearl of wisdom:

who cares about single player. its all about MP mate. welcome to the 21st century my friend.

.....which is not only an opinion, but also bollocks for which you were rightly called up on. You need to work on your 'discussion' techniques.

yet again you laugh and join in people laughing at my posts for stupid reasons and now look whos laughing, i have put u and others into perspective with my posts.

Really. :YAWN:

I shouldn't respond to you really. You're what the ignore feature was made for.

The first pic is great, but the second one is not that good.I know the resolution is phenomenal and some effects are stunnig, but in that colsed up pic on that monster's face you see some bad res textures. But anyway, this is not a problem actually, I would not notice this minor issues on a tv.

But to be honest, overall those pics didn't impress me that much. This scenario is poor, it's definetly not something inspiring... The pics from the UE 3.0 + Dx11 is more impressive.

ps: I think we went too far... all this talk has nothing to do with PES 2013 lol lol lol
Well, this generation was especially bad in terms of engine, so people get excited about next-gen. Even the the PES team is talking about this stuff, which is great.
Hopefully they get it right next time around and stop being held back by engines that don't even allow more than 2 kit variations per team.

8 AM tomorrow should be either very good, or very bad.

Yeah, well, it does exist for a very good reason. :P

Well, this generation was especially bad in terms of engine, so people get excited about next-gen. Even the the PES team is talking about this stuff, which is great.
Hopefully they get it right next time around and stop being held back by engines that don't even allow more than 2 kit variations per team.

8 AM tomorrow should be either very good, or very bad.

Yeah, well, it does exist for a very good reason. :P

I would not say that this generation was poor in terms of engines, i don't even understand this subject that much to say that, but you don't need to be an expert to see that japanese software companies as a whole were a let down this gen.

And the fact that too many games were built in Unreal Engine was a bit annoying as well. I'd like to see more variation in the next gen consoles.

I meant bad for PES and PES fans. It was pretty good otherwise and outside of Japan. Only Capcom created a very good engine, everyone else rested on their laurels from the previous generation. and got burned because of it.

I agree with you on Unreal 3 and it's widespread use though. I hate 30fps in games.

I just read the hands-on preview from Eurogamer who I generally like, so far it sounds great. I LOVE that they say it plays at a slower pace than 2012, and the first touch stuff sounds extremely promising.

The only, for me, large drawback is that they said the graphics were virtually indistinguishable from 2012. I know there's a long way to go in development but I'd at the very least hope they could get the game looking as good as 2011, or even 2010. I'm not sure I can take another game with fuzzy, low res textures. This year's game looks absolutely terrible in comparison to other games.

I wish they'd give a customisable camera. The medium camera has a decent level of detail but I'd love to tweak the height and zoom on it :P

p.s. Agree with Jamez - those immersive single player games like GTA IV are brilliant and having friends in the same room playing 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 PES/FIFA is fantastic. You can have a laugh, sledge each other and it's all friendly. No nasty messages or disconnections.

There's a couple of guys I play PES against online and we have some brilliant games too but we both have to be free to play and even being closeby the gamespeed can be really erratic. Like the game speed is +3 or something. Nothing to do with the quality of people's internet connections Mr Mendoza...

It's not Unreal 4, it's Unreal 3 with updated tech. Do you want me to prove it with a press release, on top of the fact that the video clearly shows a Unreal 3 watermark? Here:

Visit their official website if you want to as well.

I believe they showcase UE 3.975 or something like that. It's not 4 it's 3 + massive overhaul done to tech and libraries.

Samaritan video is what you saw above. ;) It's official tech demo for it... :P. So if you say it's UE4 well, you're clearly mistaken (again Jonney shows total ignorance in every aspect, but you learn to live with trolls around you).

Whats half the posts on this page got to do with PES13?

Go and start a game engine thread if you want to talk about that.

This page is full of plop

anyway - trailer coming at 8am today

Quote where I specifically said this. If you have a serviceable pair of eyes you'll see that I said online is not for me and gave my reasons. You should know more than anyone here that I'm very active in the online racing community at AVF as well as putting in many hours on Battlefield multi-player, so I'm not inherently anti-online as you are trying to colour me.

Yea and u said it is boring therefore doesnt offer much value to you. your words not mine. I know u play other games online thats why i find it bizare you continue to bash online as a whole in your posts. mentioning how superior SP experience is.

Red Dead and GTA were used as examples of games which, by your reckoning shouldn't sell very well because they aren't "all about MP mate". The comparison is that a Master League career can be every bit as epic and memorable as any story told in a game from a non-sports genre, that was my point.

Look whos putting words into my mouth. its you. where did i say SP games shouldnt sell welll? You OK over there mate?
:LMAO:

You didn't start a discussion, more like trolled the thread with this pearl of wisdom:

Nope, i diddnt started the troll. some one else did by saying something along the lines of "who gives a fuck about MP news, where is SP news" thats when i posted a little joke saying "where in 21st century, Online MP is big, get off your dial up lol" And then as always you jump in the bandwagon with any little tiny chance to try a poor mans attempt at making me look like a fool. diddnt work mate

.....which is not only an opinion, but also bollocks for which you were rightly called up on. You need to work on your 'discussion' techniques.

Really. :YAWN:

Well start using the ignore list from now on. better for everyone so i dont see your childish attempts at slagging me off in any little opprtunity u can. a shame your avf buddies aint here to back u up lol

In bold. Hope this guy has put me on ignore list once and for all. Please do so on all the other forums too so u never have to read and respond to me with your troll posts ever again. have a nice day

I wish they'd give a customisable camera. The medium camera has a decent level of detail but I'd love to tweak the height and zoom on it :P

p.s. Agree with Jamez - those immersive single player games like GTA IV are brilliant and having friends in the same room playing 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 PES/FIFA is fantastic. You can have a laugh, sledge each other and it's all friendly. No nasty messages or disconnections.

There's a couple of guys I play PES against online and we have some brilliant games too but we both have to be free to play and even being closeby the gamespeed can be really erratic. Like the game speed is +3 or something. Nothing to do with the quality of people's internet connections Mr Mendoza...

Online games like BF3 and racing sims that my dear friend Jamez ALSO offers great immersive experience in gaming.

And gamespeed being erratic is PES'S fault and a reason WHY they need to concentrate heavily on fixing MP online on PES.

To go off and say "meh, fuck MP, dont waste time on it" is pure BS single minded crap where its fine to slag off MP but not fine to slag off SP.

Like someone posted here. why cant we have both? that is a question aimed at people like YOU my friend. so answer it. why cant PES have both great MP and SP?

And if u realy thought i was serious about people using dial ups as a reason why they dont play MP? :LMAO::LMAO: I WAS FUCKING JOKING. it was SOOO FUCKING obvious. jesus

Now that's what I call a great preview video. The new guy seems very clued-up, even via translation. Good luck to him and his team. I'll leave it to everyone else to analyse every pixel...

[EDIT] Wow, just seen the start of negative reaction to this trailer on other sites. I don't understand why WE United/PES United is a problem. The point was to see the game in motion and for the new dude at the helm to have a nice chinwag about stuff. I enjoyed seeing the development screens and red vs blue players. When was PES ever about gushing over stars and big teams???

Last edited:

I got to say, that dribbling animation at 4:20 when the ball rolls through defender's legs is amazing, I wanted to see that in a football game a long time.

I think Pes 2013 presentation was decent, animations seem to be clearly better, they flow nice and are more convincing, the actions you can do right after the first touch are great as well, nice touch.

BUT (and big but) it could be much better, it was not because of some konami's poor decision to not focus on what could really impress the audiance, wich is the Player ID, and those generic players with generic kits don't help either, it's crazy why they chose to do in that way.

Oh, and if the Player ID brings the same level of quality in animations like those showed with that weird gray model player, with unique animations for some player like Neymar's one, than this new feature is really promising. So they should focus to show it more if they really want to impress the audiance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom