PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

who cares about single player. its all about MP mate. welcome to the 21st century my friend.

I've not played PES online for years. I prefer playing friendlies and tournaments against the AI rather than endless, meaningless games against Barca and Mardid online.

Single player is important and it will never go away.

I have to admit, the MLO on PES 2011 was great and I spent many hours playing that but then I felt like I was missing out on the other modes. So I spent a fair while playing ML, BAL, Copa and Champions League too. If I only had online, I would have gone nuts. Single player is still crucial.

who cares about single player. its all about MP mate. welcome to the 21st century my friend.

Because the majority of people out in the world seem to play MP games like assholes. We may have 21st century technology, but there's no accounting for people.

The standard online gameplay is too arcadey for me, it's designed to casuals imho, unless you play with some guys here who likes to play in a realistic manner (no insane double pressure abuse), with realistic pace and challenging passing.

I've not played PES online for years. I prefer playing friendlies and tournaments against the AI rather than endless, meaningless games against Barca and Mardid online.

Same but that's because online is in a terrible state and not rewarding at all. I'd love to play against a real player rather than a computer in an ideal world. The reality is that there is no reason to play online when it's a sack of shit like it is. It's both the player's and the game's fault. That is to say that the game doesn't enforce decent play and the players aren't concerned with playing fairly. That's problematic in a lot of online games but i'd be confident in saying the issue is tripled when it comes to sport games, or really any game where the idea of balance is neglected.

I accept that even if the game did enforce it there would still be holes to exploit and people would but the main issue is that the game really doesn't enforce the idea of good play in the slightest and there's nothing that exists to curb it or suggest to me that Konami care about it. They just let it all happen despite it being obvious to anybody who has played it which flaws needs to be ironed out and the necessary punishments (harsh but you know what i mean) for certain things.

1) They need to make a meaningful points system that rewards you for not picking the best teams every time. Right now it's silly. There's nothing pushing you from away doing it. The advantages of picking a better team are still too high and the disadvantages of not doing so are again too high.
2) They need to allow us the ability to filter out those who only pick the best teams, especially in friendly matches (it's as easy as the system Fifa uses at the moment). Even in Pes 6 i could easily check the player's last used 5 teams and reject or accept their request in an easier manner.
3) Actual control on the all the game's match options that affect both users. I want the ability to host a game at a certain speed, with certain controls that actually creates a balance between the two players. Fifa has been doing this for so long now.
4) Meaningful leaderboards. Leaderboard leagues amongst friends. Leagues globally and leagues nationally. It's an external thing that gives me a reason to want to care about points.

None of this is hard and i really think lowly of Konami for not fixing these problems sooner considering how long it's been going on. I'm probably not going to pick up the game unless these issues are sorted in truth. I don't even really like playing online in general but i'm so bored with their version of ML that all i do now is play exhibition matches vs the computer and it's probably not worth shelling money out for just that.

Then again maybe Konami should be congratulated. Just like in real football, players are doing whatever they can, no matter how undignified it is, to get ahead :COOL:.

Last edited:

:CONFUSE: I want to slap you! PES is meant to be played offline. If they created conditions for MLO to be fair, I would be very interested in playing it. Otherwise, no thanks. Rather have offline multiplayer games vs friends.

I liked the talk of the John Terry fish dive.

764877_o.gif

Can we please have the nutsack grab as well?

Living in the stone age lads? maybe you are posting and reading this thread on dial-up so its understandable that MP online wont work for you ;).

luckily i am in the 21st century using broadband connections and playing people from all around the world on various games!

You guys should try it one day :)

Anyways to be serious for a second.

Who enjoys playing againts the shitty boring AI compared to a human player?

And before u say all this blah blah bullshit about how many people online play with barca or play a certain exploit way(thats the games fault really) stop and think for a second about the 100's of players who play this game properly and the amount of private leagues you can create and participate with them.

Let me tell you a story.

Once apon a time there was a guy called JackBauer in evo web who organised a league for fifa and it ran for a few years succesfully with people choosing different teams, not using exploits and in general giving many evo webbers a FAR better experience then the shitty joke of an AI.

Most here probably wont remember that as u guys probably diddnt have dial up or any sort of internet yet to even know about these things ;)

Last edited:

you can actually play multiplayer without online though. That's how I play Multiplayer PES. But I don't have friends and family around me all the time. So I play single player.

you can actually play multiplayer without online though. That's how I play Multiplayer PES. But I don't have friends and family around me all the time. So I play single player.

But you have good people here in evo web that u can play against plus the various private PES online leagues that u can google.

no excuse for dismissing online MP IMO unless your on dialup.

No one here can tell me the AI plays better then a human.

total nonsense.

who cares about MP?

most of us play offline or against our friends (also offline).

about billion people care about MP :)

like i said mate, 21st centrury we are in. get with the times mate :)

MLO was a huge success to the PES franchise and guess why? because it was a online mode. shocking aint it.

Your loss if your stubborn or afraid to play people online especially guys from here. YOUR LOSS mate.

AI isn't better than human. It's not "shitty boring" either. I think online is important, because it makes more people buy the game. It's just not for me.

I have played against PEEL-ers and it was great, I just don't have time for leagues.

AI isn't better than human. It's not "shitty boring" either. I think online is important, because it makes more people buy the game. It's just not for me.

I have played against PEEL-ers and it was great, I just don't have time for leagues.

So u do enjoy MP online? And about leagues, i cant understand how u can have time for single player and not for leagues?

this is not like a racing league where u have to participate in a set time and date every week. a normal PEEL league consists for around 10-20 players and you play a mimimum of around 4 games, yes only 4 games per week.

your telling me u cant play 4 games per week? thats just a tad over an hours play of PES.

thats the great thing about online MP in a footy game. its very much a pick up and play affair. no need to play for 30hours a week etc. just play a league or friendly Online game whenever you are free. easy

Spot on. Plus its always nice to organize PES evenings with few good friends, playing some tournaments while drinking a good beer and eating a pizza

When the gameplay is balanced enough to show risk and punishment for those who are constantlty pressuring and holding sprint button + Square and X to death, and when the standard settings for online gameplay offer a more realistic pace and a significantly more challenging passing, then surely I will enjoy and play online again more often.

But Pes 2012 showed that the offline mode is not to be ignored in anyway, just the CPU AI that can be annoying at times, but you can also have some very good games.

I intend to sart a master leage offline when my vacation kicks in.

Last edited:

Most of us? Disagree. A play only online. With CPU i used to played 10 years ago with Kick Off 2.

exactly. really dont know what some guys here are smoking. most LOL haha. MOST play online lol.

Living in the stone age lads? maybe you are posting and reading this thread on dial-up so its understandable that MP online wont work for you ;).

luckily i am in the 21st century using broadband connections and playing people from all around the world on various games!

You guys should try it one day :)

Anyways to be serious for a second.

Who enjoys playing againts the shitty boring AI compared to a human player?

And before u say all this blah blah bullshit about how many people online play with barca or play a certain exploit way(thats the games fault really) stop and think for a second about the 100's of players who play this game properly and the amount of private leagues you can create and participate with them.

Let me tell you a story.

Once apon a time there was a guy called JackBauer in evo web who organised a league for fifa and it ran for a few years succesfully with people choosing different teams, not using exploits and in general giving many evo webbers a FAR better experience then the shitty joke of an AI.

Most here probably wont remember that as u guys probably diddnt have dial up or any sort of internet yet to even know about these things ;)

You're making it sound like it's got to be either SP or MP whereas it can be a bit of both.I want both experiences to be as enjoyable as possible.
One doesn't have to prioritized by a gamer.There has still many people who hope to have a good SP mode

I used to find playing online quite boring actually. Everyone using the same formation and predictable tactics. And this was in an organised league.

I always have - and still do - enjoy playing the AI in PES. My fondest memories of PES are in single player Master League or Tournament mode. Not many online.

Each to their own, Jonney. Online play can be great but that doesn't mean every single game has to be online-centric. Single player games like Red Dead or GTA still deliver some of the finest moments in gaming in my opinion.

Local multiplayer is where it's at for me. I don't get to hook up with my mates very often these days but I still enjoy a few games of PES and all the banter of being in the same room as your opponent. Nothing can beat that.

Back
Top Bottom