PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Just played a 0-0 on superstar (15mins) against Germany with me being Italy.I had to be at my best (in terms of focus) not to leak goals and I also created many chances, not a single game of PES2012 gave this kinda satisfaction and this is a demo.
I'm afraid to get "too excited" for the retail game now

I played a couple of games in Regular before I realised the demo had not read my mind and automatically bumped itself up to Professional. It was still a lot of fun but a tad easy. Had a few games since, all have been enjoyable except maybe the last one in Copa L which had a few deja vu cases of strange passes. Otherwise the passing (0 bars) has been pretty good and gone how I wanted it to for most of the time. One thing I found strange is when I misplace a pass the game will not under any circumstances let me switch to a player nearer the ball - the game has earmarked a player who is supposed to receive the ball and pressing L1 will have no effect on that.

Shots seem almost comically fast with strong players, but I think that's mostly in comparison to PES 12.

I once saw a defender kick the ball into his own net in frustration after a goal, and can't remember if I've seen that before in PES.

Promising so far, still hasn't put me off PES 2012.

Last edited:

my first impression was quite a neutral, but the more i play it, the more i can say that this demo is far much better than pes 2012 in any terms.

i will not go into comparison with other pes or fifa games, but it's definately the best pes in last 5 years.

@isslander

set "auto clearance" to off.

my first impression was quite a neutral, but the more i play it, the more i can say that this demo is far much better than pes 2012 in any terms.

i will not go into comparison with other pes or fifa games, but it's definately the best pes in last 5 years.

@isslander

It's not a clearence, I've seen it too, he really kicks it out of frustration. But I think I've seen that last year too.

@isslander

that would be set "frustration" off but it's not in the option

Yeah AI is overall being too one-dementional. I don't think it's that easy though, not easy to win at least, just easy to not lose, and that's due to the fact that most of the time AI doesn't seem too interested in getting the ball, although the defensive line is high, the whole team is a bit too static most of the time, and when they get it they immediately try to play it forward. With the new defensive system in place with no apparent cheating scripts, it gets easy to have the game under control. Think it's easier on Superstar than Top player and Professional for that reason.

But if "being interested" to get the ball for Konami means that it has to bring back the pressure mess that is in pes 2012 in top and supertar dificulty, in wich every player of my team who gets the ball is quickly surrounded by two players the whole field, so it's better to keep that way.:RANT:

While it is hard not to lose, what I will say - in relation to the PS3/£60 demos at least - is that the matches are short. Not that I am saying that is the reason and all is fine but it surely is a contributing factor at the moment. Still, needs to be fed back.

Are you kidding me? LOL

FIFA 12 manual passing is nowhere near manual. It's semi-assisted for most part. Only shooting is manual and twitchy as hell.

Try manual passing on FIFA 10 and 11 and you will see what I mean. On 10 and 11 it was fully manual, no assistance, free ride. Was HARD as hell to put 2-3 passes together and if you approached the game in bad mood, you lost as you couldn't keep concentration on game.

That's the difference and sadly, a lot of diehard manual FIFA players will agree with me. I played Manual FIFA for 4 years now and FIFA 12 is NOT FULLY manual at all. Everyone saying otherwise is simply trolling around ;). (you may also join TAMFA to see what I mean :D).

Hopefully, KONAMI, will do it better in some way (like making passing stats matter, because on FIFA if I pass with Allen it feels like I pass with Xavi/Iniesta. No difference.)

I gotta agree with your take on the manual passing on FIFA12. I found 10 and 11 to be way harder to string passes.

The more I play the demo the worse I seem to get. Can't seem to get a shot in recently. Ronaldo scored a trademark freekick against me, keeper corner, looked pretty good even if Hart should have saved it.

I don't quite get the keeper throws yet, I like that they have a power bar now but they still take an age recovering after getting the ball, then they suddenly realize they should hurry and throw the ball in a weirdly fast animation, when it's too late.

Had a few games and it's pretty good. First game was Santos vs Flamengo which I won 2-1 - Ganso and Neymar goals. I then drew 0-0 playing as Portugal vs England, and 0-0 England vs Germany.

How on earth do you do tricks? I'm using the right analogue but I'm having a mental block.

This Demo is the best PES since good old PS2 days.
A lot of things are improved - let's hope the final won't be messed up like in the past.
for me after 5 games it feels a little bit strange when the GK throws the ball (long). for me so far the only point to argue about... :D

The more I play the demo the worse I seem to get. Can't seem to get a shot in recently. Ronaldo scored a trademark freekick against me, keeper corner, looked pretty good even if Hart should have saved it.

I've had some really dire matches on this demo. Real turgid, scrappy, high pressure affairs.

As good as I think this demo is, I still believe the fun factor is missing from the PS2 days.

The fun factor will never return (like the PS2 days) because we're not on the PS2 anymore, as consoles evolved and got more powerful, our expectations of games have evolved too.
PES on the PS2 is for the nostalgia, I could never go back to playing it because it would feel rigid,robotic and out dated.The Mighty PES5 included.

I've had some really dire matches on this demo. Real turgid, scrappy, high pressure affairs.

As good as I think this demo is, I still believe the fun factor is missing from the PS2 days.

i think this happens not because of the pressure, it's this way because players controls are not responsive enough
sometimes they do whatever they want, there is no full control over what you do when moving a player

pes on ps2 was very responsive and precise in its simple gameplay

Cheers... Guess I have to try it out in some more games. Just so we agree:
- Face player holding R1
- Cut in while holding R2

IS this correct? I'm not to familiar with the Xbox keys, and I'm playing on PC with a PS2 pad :)

R2 is skilled dribbling, sprint is R1, so other way around :)

The fun factor will never return (like the PS2 days) because we're not on the PS2 anymore, as consoles evolved and got more powerful, our expectations of games have evolved too.
PES on the PS2 is for the nostalgia, I could never go back to playing it because it would feel rigid,robotic and out dated.The Mighty PES5 included.

I'm not talking tech comparisons to PS2 (this argument is always made). It's the old feeling you get when playing the game that's missing.

Nostalgia? Very much so.

i only played 1 game and then deinstalled it from my pc. for me it seems like a pes 2012 1.2 version or something else. the movements of the players, i mean when they run, it seems like the glide on ice. maybe one game isn't enough to really see and feel improvements....maybe the best game in this generation, but that doesn't really mean anything...

Guys, I played 20 games and all I can say it is simple the best PES ever. Of course it's not perfect, nothing is perfect, it has glitches for sure but the full control is just so unbelievable, it gives you the total freedom, literally, I mean it. I did so many outstanding counterattacks, posittional attacks and scored a couple of amazing goals, just unbelievable. For the first time, in a football game, I feel that I can do anything I can think of. Animations are also a lot better than 2012, really, there are many subtle differences, but I'm sure you will notice them all! Active AI is so much better, players do runs, really they do! It should have been in PES2012 already, what a pity. Defence. momentum and individuality (player id) are also so much better. To sum up, I just can't stop playing it, like in old PS2 times. King is back, this time for real, at least to me :)

Last edited:

Seems like they are making sure that Konami (or anyone else) will never get full access to the Premier League licence. Good business by EA but not good for us gamers.

Something needs to be done to stop this monopolising of licences.

Considering the European Monopolies Commission is very hot on what they would see as anti-competitive practices, I am surprised they have not jumped on videogame licensing yet.

However as they often take a lead from the US, the legal ruling on EA's exclusive deal with the NCAA being deemed anti competitive and unfair these tie ups may become a thing of the past in the near future.

As for the demo it is the best PES I have played since PES6 though PES2012 when modded was pretty decent.

Freedom is the buzzword for me and the need to play football like real football.

Lovely immersive touches throughout and players doing what they should do such as Maggio steaming up the flank and eventually scoring one, Moutinho shepherding his backline and so on and so forth.

A few minor details need working on such as the keepers throwing, the throw in animation seems stilted still but the gameplay is excellent as is the shooting and degrees of freedom in the passing.

Thank you Mr.Matsuda. :)

I will need a full tutorial to master all the button sequences. As one gets older one tends to be a little less dextrous and hopefully the training mode will have these included.

i only played 1 game and then deinstalled it from my pc. for me it seems like a pes 2012 1.2 version or something else. the movements of the players, i mean when they run, it seems like the glide on ice. maybe one game isn't enough to really see and feel improvements....maybe the best game in this generation, but that doesn't really mean anything...

lol, you played one game and uninstalled it? wtf....

lol, you played one game and uninstalled it? wtf....

People never cease to amaze me.....

To appreciate the nuances and subtleties of a new game takes time. It seems patience and attention spans are diminishing year upon year.

Visually in graphics terms it is very similar to PES2012 but the gameplay is very different , more responsive and intelligent and more representative of actual football.

Yeah you have to give this demo at least and hour or two to get into it. One game isn't enough. Thankfully the extended time fix on the PC really helps get a feel for the game. Five minute matches don't help things.

No, it's because the games suck. If they built and repaired their mistakes, instead of taking away the best things about the game every year that made it fun in the first place, then after 5 iterations of the game they'd probably have a very good one. Instead, they find it more beneficial to add features like build/edit a stadium with pictures of fighter jets or frogs rather than giving people 3rd kits or an auto-replay in training mode.

playing on PS3 I only have the 5 minute option. It's not optimal, but the skippable videos help things.

Back
Top Bottom