PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

Henry, unfortunately I think that's the case too. If it's really not possible in this current engine to incorporate heavy touches of the ball, then it would be a real shame because there really is not much point in having players with good ball control stats. The only difference may just be sharper and quicker turns, which could buy you marginally more space and time. Maybe it could also be easier to bamboozle and shake off a defender when taking them head on, but that would be a terribly one-dimensional realization of the notion of ball control.

Is there any special sprint button.Because when ı find a free area, i try to go from there to make an attack but my player run like a turtle not like a human..Why player's paces are so slow?

I'd have loved to see more variety of trajectories for the shooting (even if it's a lot better than PES2012).

It feels like ages ago, but Konami made a big deal a few years back about how each team would have a personality, and that playing Everton would be different from Tottenham and different from Chelsea and so forth. For me that's the holy grail that no football game has managed yet.

You should look at the calendar in career modes and fear for that upcoming match against a big team, and scoff at the lower league teams.

But in every football game, it seems like that all matches are more or less the same.

Managed to do one just by facing up a player with RT and then cutting inside and tapping RB at the same time, basically it's speed burst.

Cheers... Guess I have to try it out in some more games. Just so we agree:
- Face player holding R1
- Cut in while holding R2

IS this correct? I'm not to familiar with the Xbox keys, and I'm playing on PC with a PS2 pad :)

played 3 matches on top player.Semi assisted and with 2 bars.

Pretty good.Scoring is hard and the ai is really good. However the graphics are poor

Is there any special sprint button.Because when ı find a free area, i try to go from there to make an attack but my player run like a turtle not like a human..Why player's paces are so slow?

Kun, I experienced this problem aswell to a certain degree. Sometimes by continually tapping the sprint button, you will be able to get a little surge forward. You still will be able to get ahead of the trailing defender, but not by much. You just wont get the liberated feeling of being able to sprint full pelt.

Thanks for the replies everyone, regarding the manual passing. I guess I will have to get a feel for it, once I get to play tonight.

Is it me, or do you actually slow down when trying to run onto through balls? When I get within 10 yards of the ball I just slow down allowing the defender to catch up. It's happened on several occasions and it's doing my head in.

agree, same mistake as last year

pes 2013 demo about

6 games.
3 win
3 lose

good:

pass: I was surprised, the best so far
shots: I also liked

bad:

dribbling is worse (personal opinion), I was left feeling it was necessary to touch the ball all the time, I tried dribleos, as in pes 2012, and have not helped. even with C Ronaldo and Neymar.

common errors in control of the ball, like last year, animations that impede play (very rarely)

let's be honest, is not so difficult to improve last year, the game is softer? can be, anyway, "konami effect" is still alive, very upset, players collide,, and some others.

the idea is good but lack polish even more.

looking forward to the work of Yair.

Ok, Ive played a few games. I have mixed feelings. Pes let me down to many times, and it will be very hard to pay it back. I expect very much from that game. Its the best Pes for this gen for sure, but its not what i want. Honestly i think that pes 08 should have been like this so its 4 years backward. The winner is still on the other team, and its 5-0 win for EA ( five years domination ):( I wasnt enjoyed fifa 99-2011 nor pes 08-2012, but fifa 12 is the best game ever, even better than pes 3-6 i never thought that i would say that. So i give up and wait for pes 14 on new engine. I will give yet a chance the full ver though.

Last edited:

Kun, I experienced this problem aswell to a certain degree. Sometimes by continually tapping the sprint button, you will be able to get a little surge forward. You still will be able to get ahead of the trailing defender, but not by much. You just wont get the liberated feeling of being able to sprint full pelt.

It's annoying for me thougt ı like the demo this time(Since Pes 6).When you run,it fells like the ball is stuck your player's foot.I don't feel the freedom of running so far.I hope,they fix that for the final release..

Ok, Ive played a few games. I have mixed feelings. Pes let me down to many times, and it will be very hard to pay it back. I expect very much from that game. Its the best Pes for this gen for sure, but its not what i want. The winner is still on the other team, and its 5-0 win for EA ( five years domination ):( I wasnt enjoyed fifa 99-2011 nor pes 08-2012, but fifa 12 is the best game ever, even better than pes 3-6 i never thought that i would say that. So i give up and wait for pes 14 on new engine. I will give yet a chance the full ver though.

LOL @FIFA 12 as best footy game ever. What people are here?!

Wow. For me FIFA 11 on PC > FIFA 12 any time of the day.

FIFA 12 is a bloody joke. So many bugs it's hilarious.

PES 2013 demo is miles ahead of FIFA 12. For me (and as I look at previews of people in favor of FIFA, it seems it's not only me).

Can't wait for full game and yeah, Haters gonna Hate, no matter what KONAMI does. For them FIFA will always be better. So go get the other game, simples ;).

Btw DO PEOPLE REALIZE IT'S FIRST DEMO? IT'S MOST LIKELY THE CODE SHOWN IN BRAZIL? IT'S NOT SECOND DEMO/PREVIEW CODE or WHATEVER?

GET A GRIP PEOPLE and CHILL OUT. SECOND DEMO comes in September. If it's WORSE or on PAR with this one than MOAN as much as you like. Right now, you seem very childish.

Last edited:

LOL @FIFA 12 as best footy game ever. What people are here?!

Wow. For me FIFA 11 on PC > FIFA 12 any time of the day.

FIFA 12 is a bloody joke. So many bugs it's hilarious.

PES 2013 demo is miles ahead of FIFA 12. For me (and as I look at previews of people in favor of FIFA, it seems it's not only me).

Can't wait for full game and yeah, Haters gonna Hate, no matter what KONAMI does. For them FIFA will always be better. So go get the other game, simples ;).
Dont go to fast boy, im a pes fan not Ea's. I ve played pes 3-6 8 hours a day. So thats who has written the previous post. Think a little now. Like i said i was let down realy heavy to many times, i need a new PES not tweaked. I said i will give a chance the retail ver.

Last edited:

Anyone else finding it easy to impose your will on the COM team?

Nearly always boss the game,they just counter and score the odd goal.Due to my possession i can play around their defense at the top player level and drag their defenders all over the place.

Edited my post ;).

Get a grip people. It's first demo only. The word of the web is, second will be much more polished as preview code is... (yes, the issue with night games is probably still there).

If you want to have annoying AI which ping-pong passes, get FIFA 12. Have fun. I found it annoying as hell.

Not everyone is f**king Barcelona for Christ sake.

Real won't hold much possession, but still win. Not every team is Chelsea either to park the bus and wait for miracle... Like in CL final.

Happy medium people.

If you find game frustrating it's not a good game. Games should concentrate on FUN factor first and foremost and I find PES 2013 demo to be, first time in ages, fun. Don't ruin it for casual gamers who may switch to PES from FIFA, again, for the first time in ages ;).

If the game is too hardcore, casual gamers, will find it annoying and switch to other title instead. Believe me, from economic perspective, it's wrong idea. If KONAMI gets back part of FIFA market, then you can moan again. (right now, the market is like 75:25% in favor of FIFA, sadly :().

Really, some people should appreciate what they get, instead of moaning all the time... :/.

I don´t agree with you. First, we don´t have to compare Pes with Fifa: it´s an other idea of game. Speaking about the demo, the game is easy and unrealistic. Pes always tries to be more realistic as possible, but the CPU-AI is the worst issue of this and all other versions of next-gen Pes. The result of this: an unrealistic game.
The game has very good points, like the tackles (better than others next-gen Pes), shots, ball trapping (more natural)... The ID player has frustrated me, cause Konami did a good job at bringing to the game the dribles and styles of run of each "special player", with exception of the most important point: the style of play that each of these players demonstrates on the pitch, what seems to be not incorporated to the AI. We must be judgmental: this is the only way Konami will listen to us and solve Pes problems.

Have you been into the settings and changed the setting to 1080 (by default it's 720), also make sure it's on high.

See my video above, doesn't look appalling to me

Where is the option to cahnge the setting to 1080? Picture please?

It's quite amusing when a gamer doesn't get on with a game and voices his opinion, only for others to claim they are talking nonsense. Everyone has different thoughts and necessities from a game - football games usually more than any other. Just because someone hates it doesn't mean they are wrong. Your own opinion is the most important one; If you are happy, then what's the problem? There shouldn't be one.

Discussion and debate is great, but to lambast someone just because they don't enjoy what they're playing or they prefer something else is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Edited my post ;).

Get a grip people. It's first demo only. The word of the web is, second will be much more polished as preview code is... (yes, the issue with night games is probably still there).

will the new demo be the 75% build or the 80% build :COOL:

Just tried a few games on the 360 version, and so far it's everything I'd hoped it would be. Really, really impressed.

Every single annoyance I've had with PES2012 (and there are many) seems to have been toned down or downright fixed. I've had no issues with player switching, games feel more balanced, more considered, turning circles have been made more realistic, I love it so far. However, this is only demo 1 and Konami have a lot of time to screw this up between now and release. Much like last year and demo 1.

But that's being negative, I'm loving the direction they've taken the game this year. Visually, it is fractionally more polished. I must be alone in thinking the lighting in night matches has been improved, I hated the intense contrast and now it seems much more muted and realistic looking.

Some things I've noticed with gameplay, using X to stab tackle seems to work in the same way as PES2012 but the animation is far more pronounced and deliberate, forcing you to time the tackle far more rather than spamming the X button previously. It's pronounced nature means that you can get some proper underhanded nudging and barging when trailing the player with the ball.

Manual passing and shooting both seem promising, I found the option to turn off the arrows etc but I'm leaving them on as it's a great learning tool to have. I used L2 as a modifier for shooting in PES2012 so with this activating manual shooting I'll either have to learn to use it all the time or start using R2 again. But one shot almost came off, using L2 manual shot, where I almost rolled the ball under the keeper from a tight angle. That was really nice.

Shooting also seems miles better, there's more pace and zip to them, and no sign of shots being automatically centred too. This is a huge improvement.

But my biggest joy from the demo is the near total absence of the CPU, so far, using that awful speed burst move. It was the one reason why CPU players could slalom past half your team before, but this game doesn't allow it. Ronaldinho beat a couple of my players with far more realistic movement of the body before I managed to literally swamp him out with my defenders, which felt far more realistic. I don't know if the speed burst move is still there, I presume it still is, but I'm just not seeing it. And that is brilliant news for me.

In the light of PES2014 being released on a new engine, this is actually better than I'd expected. I thought they'd pretty much just release PES2012 but with updated teams and stats, but the gameplay really is better. I don't think I can go back to PES2012 now. This game is far superior.

Can't wait to see what improvements to Football Life will be made, and if the game gets even better than this then it might prove to be the push I needed to get myself a gaming PC and mod the thing up with superior graphics.

Here's hoping!

Last edited:

Really enjoying it so far. Agree with the issues regarding possession and CPU directness - I fed that back to Konami when I played a couple of months back. No chance there was enough time to make changes in that area though, IMO. Way too soon. Fingers crossed Demo 2 will make the necessary changes.

Very very early days but I can see myself playing this a hell of a lot more than I did 2012. The tempo is far better, the passing is a delight and the defending is a godsend - it's so much easier to stop dribblers. That said, Ronaldo just pulled off a sublime flick, just a foot off the ground but enough to leave my slide tackle for dead. I didn't even realise you could use it like that - I thought it was only for stationary flicks and for sombreros, I had no idea you could use it for a first touch when sprinting forward.

peers
if I'm wrong "pes 2012 demo 2" was better than the final product?, we must not be so much illusion.

2013 may improve but do not expect a big change.
I try to be positive, but I have played several games and not so good as expected.
expectations to improve

Last edited:

Really enjoying it so far. Agree with the issues regarding possession and CPU directness - I fed that back to Konami when I played a couple of months back. No chance there was enough time to make changes in that area though, IMO. Way too soon. Fingers crossed Demo 2 will make the necessary changes.

Very very early days but I can see myself playing this a hell of a lot more than I did 2012. The tempo is far better, the passing is a delight and the defending is a godsend - it's so much easier to stop dribblers. That said, Ronaldo just pulled off a sublime flick, just a foot off the ground but enough to leave my slide tackle for dead. I didn't even realise you could use it like that - I thought it was only for stationary flicks and for sombreros, I had no idea you could use it for a first touch when sprinting forward.

I think that even though it's too direct, thankfully it's less direct than PES2012, like you say, there are far less CPU strikers skipping past multiple challenges now, it's all far more balanced.

I thoroughly agree about the demo, the game is far more balanced in terms of the ability to defend, and the fact that the CPU now can't speed burst past multiple players means the pace is more balanced too. It's a far more relaxed, enjoyable experience than PES2012.

Plenty of time for improvement. The fact that the final version of 2012 was worse only further proves change can occur; it just happened to be in the wrong direction.

LTFC - perhaps. I only really thought it was a major problem in 2012 though, certainly as far as I recall possession stats weren't as bad in 2011. I think maybe a bit too much is currently being put down to engine limitations, though - of course it plays a part (and AI is more likely than most to suffer in this respect), but everybody seems to be using it as the reason for everything!

Last edited:

It's quite amusing when a gamer doesn't get on with a game and voices his opinion, only for others to claim they are talking nonsense. Everyone has different thoughts and necessities from a game - football games usually more than any other. Just because someone hates it doesn't mean they are wrong. Your own opinion is the most important one; If you are happy, then what's the problem? There shouldn't be one.

Discussion and debate is great, but to lambast someone just because they don't enjoy what they're playing of they prefer something else is ridiculous.

What you say is correct, obviously, but people do seem to have limited memory at times.

Do people remember demo1 for PES 2012? What happened with demo2 (it was great imo)? And what happened in final game? Yes, it turned into a mess.

That is what I fear most. Same stuff happening with PES 2013, after many negative feedback opinions. They will change a lot for demo2 and new feedback will come and ruin final game ;like last year.

I know people want perfect PES. I'm in that boat too. However, I did accept in 2011 that some things cannot be done, even if you whine and moan about them all the time. Not on this generation of game engine. There are people around here, who know what I mean and there are even professional programmers around here, who know, that this engine is bloody mess.

Accept what you're given for one more year. Next year, if possible, get as much feedback as possible and send it to KONAMI in document file, if possible, include video clips of things which need to be addressed. That's how professional beta testers do it ;).

Yes, it's tedious work, but if you're listened, the game will become so much better ;).

(and yes, I do expect great things next year and from FOX engine. I, myself, will make vids of things which I hope get addressed in further PES games. Hopefully, people will agree on them.)

Kudos :D.

Last edited:

Yeah AI is overall being too one-dementional. I don't think it's that easy though, not easy to win at least, just easy to not lose, and that's due to the fact that most of the time AI doesn't seem too interested in getting the ball, although the defensive line is high, the whole team is a bit too static most of the time, and when they get it they immediately try to play it forward. With the new defensive system in place with no apparent cheating scripts, it gets easy to have the game under control. Think it's easier on Superstar than Top player and Professional for that reason.

Yeah AI is overall being too one-dementional. I don't think it's that easy though, not easy to win at least, just easy to not lose, and that's due to the fact that most of the time AI doesn't seem too interested in getting the ball, although the defensive line is high, the whole team is a bit too static most of the time, and when they get it they immediately try to play it forward. With the new defensive system in place with no apparent cheating scripts, it gets easy to have the game under control. Think it's easier on Superstar than Top player and Professional for that reason.

This is also interesting point and here is probable thing why this happens: KONAMI did dumb AI down for people to enjoy Player ID and new stuff. Try this out, before it gets really hard sort of thing. The same way EA does with their demos. Hopefully demo2 will get us the kick in the **** and it will not be that easy anymore :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom