PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I don't want to build anybody's hopes up ;) but I have spotted in the dt06 file, some images saying Div 1, Div 2, Div 3, Div 4 and Div 5.
Hopefully for ML? Don't quote me as it's only the demo.

I don't want to build anybody's hopes up ;) but I have spotted in the dt06 file, some images saying Div 1, Div 2, Div 3, Div 4 and Div 5.
Hopefully for ML? Don't quote me as it's only the demo.

If they've brought back the old style master league structure I'll be very happy.

I must admit I have played 3 games and i am really enjoying it. Definitly going to buy it this year.

CPU seems easier than PES2012.

Keepers still suck, letting in near post goals, falling over instead of sticking their hands out, awful at coming for crosses and the throw from the hands is absolutley diabolical.

On brighter note, it's actually possible to defend with skill rather than having to put 10 men behind the ball.

can i finally put my beloved pes6 to bed ???

Good question. For me at the moment, it depends on the modes available. Like how they sort out ML Online, Master League etc.. If from now till release, they can fix little things like defenders running away from CF on crosses (doesn't anywhere near as much as PES2012) I think there is a lot of fun to be had here.

Cautiously optimistic at the moment.

Hmmm... PES and WE still feels different this year.

So far WE is the one where I feel like I have real manual control. The ball goes to where you point to according to the power you set, and the receiving player will make or not make the run depending on the placement.

PES it feels like the direction of the pass is assisted even on full manual, and it doesn't always get your intent. The receiving player will also make weird runs for the pass and screw up the attacking formation.
Defensive AI also feels sub par compared to WE.

I think the WE2013 is the superior version thus far.

Here there is nothing to define. In FIFA is momentum. That's all. Freedom in FIFA? Are you joking?

Fifa is sooooo predictable, whereas in this Pes 2013 the fight for ball possession can be amazing, so many outcomes, and you are always in control.

By far the best football game on this imo, by far.

Is it me, or do you actually slow down when trying to run onto through balls? When I get within 10 yards of the ball I just slow down allowing the defender to catch up. It's happened on several occasions and it's doing my head in.

Its much better than 2012, especially the defending, freedom, midfield player positioning and shooting. Sometimes I think the shooting is just a bit to cannonball like. It might just be me but I cant seem to get away from defenders, last match I played I was England v Italy, pro difficulty one goal up, brought Walcott on 15 mins to go, he was on a red arrow, skinned Bonucci near half way line ran in goal and Bonucci got a tackle in on the edge of the area.

Reminded me a lot of one of my big issues with PES 2010? may have been 11. Still its only demo 1 and is already a much better than game than last years. Although I didn't mind demo 1 last year, by patch 1.03 Konami had screwed the game right up.

Last edited:

Is it me, or do you actually slow down when trying to run onto through balls? When I get within 10 yards of the ball I just slow down allowing the defender to catch up. It's happened on several occasions and it's doing my head in.

This was a problem in 2012 as well, and it still doesn't seem to be fixed.

Is the AI still super-attacking like on PES 2012? Meaning do they still attack every time, without bothering to knock the ball around and wait to create chances? Or charge straight forward still?

Well it's sorta better than 2012 in that regard, specially when you block off their vision.

People saying GK suck at crosses it finally depends on who is the keeper!!

Hart is diabolical at crosses and yes, it's visible in game!!!!

Buffon or Neuer on the other hamd... Are much different matter. Buffon is a damn wall to play against. So is Neuer, but Neuer is weak at protecting near post. Just a tip for those watching Bundesliga ;).

Seriously, KONAMI put in effort this year. You can really feel how much love has gone to the game this year. Holding R2 became second nature. Be it on offense or defense. Bloody amazing.

Can't wait to play as Barcelona or Real Madrid now. Oezil is a damn beast! ;). Loving the demo so far. Really do.

Just played a 25 min-match on superstar using the available PC-mod. This demo is much better than PES 2012, the AI is unbelievably alive, aware and reactive.

In the 5 min-game I drew 1:1 with Italy vs Portugal, in the 25-min-match I lost 0:9, with the same settings, except for time. I hardly even had any goal-shots at all, Portugal's midfield-organisation was awesome at stopping me.

What I don't like is that the CPU-AI is always so forward-oriented, they often play fast to their forwards like Ronaldo, a bit more build-up would be nice, but they are clinical and are well at exploting goal-opportunities.

So I lose high, even though I have 67% possession.

I guess I need to relearn the game which is good.

That's how PES 2012 should have been last year, do we get now a refund?

By the way, in the demo manual passing seems only available with pressing L2/LT, I hope in the retail-code it will be available as an option to use without L2/LT. Zero-bar-assistance seems not to be manual.

I would say, yes. PES 6 is nowhere near PES 2013 now.

This demo blows away. I mean it. As for lack of AI playing around, give them time on the ball and they will play smart. If you use pressure-double pressure all the time, they get no time on the ball and start playing ridiculous long balls. If you preserve stamina in your team, the AI looks alright ;).

Also switch to analogue sticks people. It's not D-Pad era anymore. Full 360 dribbling ability is sooo great in Pro Evo! It's much better implemented than in FIFA imo. Also to those saying passing on 0 is assisted... Hell no? I don't find it assisted at all O_O. Always misplace my passes xD. It feels more like FIFA 10/11 manual passing than semi-assisted-manual FIFA 12 and PES 2012 offered. A plus for me.

The more I play this demo, the more amazed I am. Couldn't say that about PES 2012 demos. I never ever felt like throwing PC from the window :lol:. Another bonus haha :D.

Now if only we had more teams to play :( (I love national teams, but that's not what clubs offer :().

Liked the demo at first, but the more i play it the more i hate it. Deja vu :) .

Played some 15min games and i couldn't slow down overall match tempo no matter how hard i try. It always becomes end to end non stop rush forced by cpu. Its also very much plagued by horrible center backs positioning, they always rush towards center, while side backs dont and screw up defense line all the time.

Yes there is some nice improvements. Shooting is decent now, some nice r2 movement animations and superstars individuality looks great. But overall its boring and quite too messy.

Waiting for winning eleven online international release ( if it gonna happen). I have more fun playing training mode on it than pes13 demo. Thats my only hope for upcoming season football gaming.

Liked the demo at first, but the more i play it the more i hate it. Deja vu :) .

Played some 15min games and i couldn't slow down overall match tempo no matter how hard i try. It always becomes end to end non stop rush forced by cpu. Its also very much plagued by horrible center backs positioning, they always rush towards center, while side backs dont and screw up defense line all the time.
Yes there is some nice improvements. Shooting is decent now, some nice r2 movement animations and superstars individuality looks great. But overall its boring and quite too messy.

Waiting for winning eleven online international release ( if it gonna happen). I have more fun playing training mode on it than pes13 demo. Thats my only hope for upcoming season football gaming.

Didn't get to play yet, but I noticed this exact issue in previous videos. As usual, no one listened.
Will comment on this after I try it.

crud i dont like this game :( . I see all my pet peeves made it over (all with team-mate ai)

Back
Top Bottom