PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

I don't want to build anybody's hopes up ;) but I have spotted in the dt06 file, some images saying Div 1, Div 2, Div 3, Div 4 and Div 5.
Hopefully for ML? Don't quote me as it's only the demo.

I'm pretty sure that's been in previous files. Also could that just be linked to ML Online leagues?

I would say, yes. PES 6 is nowhere near PES 2013 now.

This demo blows away. I mean it. As for lack of AI playing around, give them time on the ball and they will play smart. If you use pressure-double pressure all the time, they get no time on the ball and start playing ridiculous long balls. If you preserve stamina in your team, the AI looks alright ;).

Also switch to analogue sticks people. It's not D-Pad era anymore. Full 360 dribbling ability is sooo great in Pro Evo! It's much better implemented than in FIFA imo. Also to those saying passing on 0 is assisted... Hell no? I don't find it assisted at all O_O. Always misplace my passes xD. It feels more like FIFA 10/11 manual passing than semi-assisted-manual FIFA 12 and PES 2012 offered. A plus for me.

The more I play this demo, the more amazed I am. Couldn't say that about PES 2012 demos. I never ever felt like throwing PC from the window :lol:. Another bonus haha :D.

Now if only we had more teams to play :( (I love national teams, but that's not what clubs offer :().

il download it later and compare the stats,konami always have players either superhuman or badly underated,once the balance is sorted it becomes more playable like Chimps gameplay file for 2012. Ive always thought they should just copy his stats and start from there

@The tud

Can't you adjust it in tactics setting ?

I played with every nation and 2 of libertadore teams, but i always saw ridiculous center back rushes. Haven't messed with tactics but its not major breakpoint, its too much like pes12 overall with its crappy ball physics, dribbling system, messy passing and gameplay based on sprinting around and counter-attacking imo.

For somebody who liked pes 12 its great game. But those improvements still not enough for me to enjoy game without looking back.

In the 5 min-game I drew 1:1 with Italy vs Portugal, in the 25-min-match I lost 0:9, with the same settings, except for time. I hardly even had any goal-shots at all, Portugal's midfield-organisation was awesome at stopping me.

You got to play against Germany. It's fantastic their midfield positioning defensevily.

I hope in the final version we don't have to face that bullshit AI pressure of pes 2012 in higher dificulty levels, in wich every man on the ball is quickly surrounded by two CPU AI players, one running like mad to your back and no faul rewarded.

Last edited:

I am confused by some of the comments regarding manual passing and how you do it. Can you set up manual passing, and then not have to hold down a modifier button to make the pass manual?

I am plesantly surprised.
PES2013 Demo looks really really good.
Very very good to play too.
FIFA13 have got a lot to do to top this.

I am confused by some of the comments regarding manual passing and how you do it. Can you set up manual passing, and then not have to hold down a modifier button to make the pass manual?

no one really knows lol

you can for shooting

but for passing and crossing it still seems assissted... crossing is still asissted i am sure... its hard to judge.... i think passing is manual without L2

I think its a pretty good game, the elements which made 2012 too 'cartoony' such as the dribbling and speed of the game have been reigned along with that fine tuned and tweaked a lot of the elements of lasts years game.

If you liked last year you'll be very happy but if you weren't happy with the game last year I doubt this year will change that.

no one really knows lol

you can for shooting

but for passing and crossing it still seems assissted... crossing is still asissted i am sure... its hard to judge.... i think passing is manual without L2

crossing is 100% assisted, even on manual. you need to hold L2.

passing still unsure

Well I downloaded the demo with low expectations, but have been blown away with it, no exaggeration.. Loving the deft touch dribbling, especially with Neymar and Nem..

Scored my first goal in my second game with Santos, Neymar picked up the ball about 45 yards out used the dribbling moved back a yard then megged the Fluminese CM, sped into a gap between the CB and RB slowed down in the box near the 6 yard used the dribbling again took a step back as a CB came in held R2 and shot towards the far corner another nutmeg on the CB and in off the post.. Lovely job :P

Just to add, that one element which kills the realism is still their. you can dominate the possession game easily, I can tell you now it would be a doddle keeping 60% possession against Barcelona and they'd probably still win 3-0 but that just ruins the experience for me.

I want a football game that replicated that most of all.

The manual shooting is funny, I was able to score some scorchers but at the same time a lot of my shots were really horribly wide

Yeah, possession-rates aren't realistic at all. I have 65% and more in every match on top-player and superstar.

The other downside is that the CPU-AI is too forward-oriented, always trying counters, throughballs, longballs, the build-up is not there and that is what leads to the bad possession-rate for the CPU. I think the AI is not clever enough to create goal-opportunities using clever build-up.

And that's why I fear the return of major cheating, including catchup-bug, God-mode, switching off our defenders... in the competitive modes of the retail version for top-player and superstar-difficulty, cause otherwise the CPU-AI won't be able to offer a challenge in the long-run.

I can only hope that Konami doesn't introduce cheating for multiplayer-modes, local or online, cause in PES 2012 even between two humans the cheating-scripts are active.

Oh, and manual passing seems to be only there when using L2/LT, zero-bar-passing is according to my experience not manual.

If you dominate possession but lose by three goals, which has happened to me, I find it is because I am simply not defending with any composure. Defend properly and you find the COM's possession goes right up while you find yourself less exposed.

Simply pressing x is contain, with the neat addition of you now being able to adjust the distance in which the player ''holds''. Leave too much of a gap and the COM will rightfully eat up the green you are leaving them, while venturing too close leaves you open to being easily beaten. Making correct use of the ability to adjust your distance is key to a good defensive game and you will as a result see the COM slow it's game down, increasing it's possession share.

R2 + X is still a mechanic for hold up play although not listed in commands. This time out it is a more lateral movement based hold-up mechanic than the standard X and adjust method. Ideal for when the COM slows down it's play to a complete stop or when facing up on the wings. R1 + X is for applying pressure on the ball carrier without making a hefty double tap X-like tackle.

I do still think that the COM needs to show more in the way of passing backwards if need be and hopefully this will materialise as development nears it's closing stages.

Yeah, possession-rates aren't realistic at all. I have 65% and more in every match on top-player and superstar.

The other downside is that the CPU-AI is too forward-oriented, always trying counters, throughballs, longballs, the build-up is not there and that is what leads to the bad possession-rate for the CPU. I think the AI is not clever enough to create goal-opportunities using clever build-up.And that's why I fear the return of major cheating, including catchup-bug, God-mode, switching off our defenders... in the retail version for top-player and superstar-difficulty, cause otherwise the CPU-AI won't be able to offer a challenge in the long-run.

I can only hope that Konami doesn't introduce cheating for multiplayer-modes, local or online, cause in PES 2012 even between two humans the cheating-scripts are active.

Oh, and manual passing seems to be only there when using L2/LT, zero-bar-passing is according to my experience not manual.

that is the main reason that i still play pes6, the ai in that game will bide its time and keep the ball until a mistake is made on my part

So what actually we need guys..? cpu that always pressure you in their half ? or always even chase you to your own half I am afraid you will call it cpu ai does pressure abuse :P or is it a matter of cpu ai needs to play more possesion style ?

I do still think that the COM needs to show more in the way of passing backwards if need be and hopefully this will materialise as development nears it's closing stages.

This should be our main feedback to Konami right now. They still have time to iron this out.

Otherwise, a incredible game. I've been playing it with some friends, and it's so much fun.

jesus christ, how many of us said about how easy it is to retain possession last year? Surely it cant be that difficult to increase user passin inaccuracy and program some more conservative CPU attacking patterns.

Won't care if online is sorted, but otherwise I can't be bothered to play another Attack vs Defence training session simulator again

crosses are still way too automatic and accurate. Just at the tap of the long pass button.

Part of the high possession problem stems from the ball control still being too tight when trapping, turning and overall dribbling. Sure, its much harder to take the defender on and beat them, but running alongside or turning away from them is all too easy with the ball glued to your feet no matter what your dribble stats are

If you dominate possession but lose by three goals, which has happened to me, I find it is because I am simply not defending with any composure. Defend properly and you find the COM's possession goes right up while you find yourself less exposed.

That's an interesting suggestion. I will try out to improve my defense and see if that convinces the CPU-AI to play more build-up-play.

This might be a stupid question, but do I need to do some sort of special combo to make the nutmeg trick or is it simply down to player movement?

crosses are still way too automatic and accurate. Just at the tap of the long pass button.

Part of the high possession problem stems from the ball control still being too tight when trapping, turning and overall dribbling. Sure, its much harder to take the defender on and beat them, but running alongside or turning away from them is all too easy with the ball glued to your feet no matter what your dribble stats are

Yes, the reason is that the ball is not completely independent, although freer than in PES 2012, there are unfortunately still some strings between foot and ball. I guess this is another thing that will have to wait till PES 2014 cause I have the impression that to have a completely independent ball, the animation for the ball-control would have to be much more smooth and varied to deal with the free ball.

This might be a stupid question, but do I need to do some sort of special combo to make the nutmeg trick or is it simply down to player movement?

Managed to do one just by facing up a player with RT and then cutting inside and tapping RB at the same time, basically it's speed burst.

The other downside is that the CPU-AI is too forward-oriented, always trying counters, throughballs, longballs, the build-up is not there and that is what leads to the bad possession-rate for the CPU. I think the AI is not clever enough to create goal-opportunities using clever build-up.

And that's why I fear the return of major cheating, including catchup-bug, God-mode, switching off our defenders... in the competitive modes of the retail version for top-player and superstar-difficulty, cause otherwise the CPU-AI won't be able to offer a challenge in the long-run.

I totally agree with your words relating the CPU-AI forward-orientation issue. It's very annoying. It causes the sensation that we're are playing a rugby game. It makes the game's dynamics very unrealistic. It's very disheartening when we play against Germany and notice that Ozil, Bastian, Hummels, Lahm and all the other Germany players tries to push-forward all the time instead of build-up the game.

This is the best next-gen Pes until now, but, when we play with Fix cursor (controling just one player, like BAL mode), we can clearly notice that CPU-AI tries to drible a lot (very unrealistic) and doesn't try to construct better chances of goal because doesn't try (for true, practically never tries) a build-up game.

The CPU-AI causes me the impression that is controlling all players at same time, like when we're playing Pes without fix cursor mode (controlling all the players). This is bad, cause it doesn't bring identity to each player, turning the PC a "human-like" that tries to win at any cost, using cheating and script errors if necessary.

If you want to have annoying AI which ping-pong passes, get FIFA 12. Have fun. I found it annoying as hell.

Not everyone is f**king Barcelona for Christ sake.

Real won't hold much possession, but still win. Not every team is Chelsea either to park the bus and wait for miracle... Like in CL final.

Happy medium people.

If you find game frustrating it's not a good game. Games should concentrate on FUN factor first and foremost and I find PES 2013 demo to be, first time in ages, fun. Don't ruin it for casual gamers who may switch to PES from FIFA, again, for the first time in ages ;).

If the game is too hardcore, casual gamers, will find it annoying and switch to other title instead. Believe me, from economic perspective, it's wrong idea. If KONAMI gets back part of FIFA market, then you can moan again. (right now, the market is like 75:25% in favor of FIFA, sadly :().

Really, some people should appreciate what they get, instead of moaning all the time... :/.

Last edited:

even if the cpu is still too forward playing, it's much more bearable than in pes 2012

finally there is more midfield play, no more attack at the edge of penalty area trying to find a space

i agree that Ai needs to be addressed, but to me, it's not a top priority problem

Back
Top Bottom