PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Re: PES 2013 Discussion Thread .......

It is possible to play it with D-Pad? Because it came with the analogs by default.
I played the WE2013 from japan psn store and i never get to the controls menus.

I'm getting used to holding R2 and dribbling, releasing it momentarily before re-applying it. It's a joy. Neymar can take the piss, dragging the ball one way, then the other, then tip-toeing backwards dragging the ball before bursting past a player. Fucking love this game already, I'd be happy if this was the finished version tbh.

I also love the amount of curl you can put on R2 controlled shots. Lovely jubbly.

Hahahah, that's great lol. Reminds me of old times when these little moments left you with an "in awe" face. :D

I got excited for the fact that is so easy to record and upload video on youtube using the iphone, despite the quality being poor, and I have never done this before, never uploaded video to youtube.

When I saw that Balotalli reaction, the first ting that came to my mind was: i got to record this!! :D

Shooting is not sluggish at all imo, In fact some shots are a bit too powerful, 150km/h lol.

Don't be afraid to press square. Obviously shots under pressure will go astray.

Really? I've had another go and I'm filling the power bar to about 75-80 percent with my player in a good position to hit the ball from and it still just seems to float. There's no real oomph to shots or passes for me!

Are you pressing any other button? 'Cause I think I'm not alone in this, consensus is that shooting is indeed powerful. Passing is still a bit random sometimes, but I find 1 bar passing satisfying.

Are you pressing any other button? 'Cause I think I'm not alone in this, consensus is that shooting is indeed powerful. Passing is still a bit random sometimes, but I find 1 bar passing satisfying.
Yeah, definately 0 is somehow unfinished and - for me - unplayable.

No, just shoot! Or sometimes tapping R1 to get the ball out from my feet.

On thing I do really like is the new 1-2 passing where you can tell the player which direction to run in. Quite tricky to get your thumbs to do at first but once they're used to it it's brilliant.

No, just shoot! Or sometimes tapping R1 to get the ball out from my feet.

On thing I do really like is the new 1-2 passing where you can tell the player which direction to run in. Quite tricky to get your thumbs to do at first but once they're used to it it's brilliant.

You can't tap R1! That will turn it into a low lob!

Just position yourself, sprint a little first if you think you need a speed boost, but then release everything, just direction and square.

You can't tap R1! That will turn it into a low lob!

Just position yourself, sprint a little first if you think you need a speed boost, but then release everything, just direction and square.

Oh, not tapping it while I shoot. Just before! Sorry, should have made that clear.

I'm doing it exactly as you describe but it still seems too slow to me.

Perhaps it's because I'm coming from Fifa 12 with shot power at 51? To me that seems the perfect shot power (sometimes a bit too fast)and makes PES 2013 seem slow in comparison but I could be deceiving myself...

Finally got my first win after countless of PES2012 situations where the CPU hits a sudden wave of attacks after I score first. The goal conceded screamed of PES2012, where the keeper parried a tame shot straight to the opposition striker's path.

I really hate the fact that they removed the Management Edit feature from PES2011. It was really useful to put in team styles in a specific timeslot of the game. It's probably the only way to control how certain teams act out according to real life, especially how CPU-controlled teams react after going in front or going a goal down.

The CPU A.I is just relentless in attack, not even conserving stamina(or lack of) with proper build up. I'd love to see them try to move the ball around in a defensive possession style. They're always looking for the through ball to the front and I've yet to see pass backs to the keeper being cleared to the front. A.I Keepers really confident playing the short pass every time.

This game desperately needs a stamina system to keep players in check, I don't trust the form arrows completely when it comes to the CPU team. Seems like the current A.I overrides the individuality of the players for most part.

Guys has anyone ever changed the sky box in pes? I think it might actually help the lighting at night.

Oh, not tapping it while I shoot. Just before! Sorry, should have made that clear.

I'm doing it exactly as you describe but it still seems too slow to me.

Perhaps it's because I'm coming from Fifa 12 with shot power at 51? To me that seems the perfect shot power (sometimes a bit too fast)and makes PES 2013 seem slow in comparison but I could be deceiving myself...

tap X (xbox) just before he shoots for a 'knuckle shot'

hold r1 while shooting for power also

I think it's just really hard and really manual (even more than FIFA), but it seems to apply only to ground passes.

I disagree. It's just broken, every pass is like half the speed than with the other settings, and that can't be just because it's more manual.

And also, regarding direction, I don't see much difference in terms of how much I can influence where they pass.

Last edited:

One thing I'm really enjoying are the long balls, I can now hit a cross field pass that is flatter and firmer than the floaty ones in PES2012. You can now also use R2 with long pass to do a more lofted pass too, which is nice.

Finally got my first win after countless of PES2012 situations where the CPU hits a sudden wave of attacks after I score first. The goal conceded screamed of PES2012, where the keeper parried a tame shot straight to the opposition striker's path.

I really hate the fact that they removed the Management Edit feature from PES2011. It was really useful to put in team styles in a specific timeslot of the game. It's probably the only way to control how certain teams act out according to real life, especially how CPU-controlled teams react after going in front or going a goal down.

The CPU A.I is just relentless in attack, not even conserving stamina(or lack of) with proper build up. I'd love to see them try to move the ball around in a defensive possession style. They're always looking for the through ball to the front and I've yet to see pass backs to the keeper being cleared to the front. A.I Keepers really confident playing the short pass every time.

This game desperately needs a stamina system to keep players in check, I don't trust the form arrows completely when it comes to the CPU team. Seems like the current A.I overrides the individuality of the players for most part.

I really miss attack arrows. The ai team logic is so unrealistic. No team plays with one mind like that unless its all-attack, all-defence or barca. Often you let individuals do their thing. Isolate one winger and get another winger to make inside runs. dynamic stuff like that.

Some of the player traits suck. I once lost the ball with rooney in the final third and his "Get Back" Card made him sprint back to the half way line right midfield even though the ball was now with the opponents GK.

There is no sense of Role and player positions. All players are interchangeable and so willing to swap. I play players in a specific position for a reason. I tried Carrol as a center forward while telling the team to play wide so i can cross in but the idiot kept coming to the sidelines. Some time the wing men in space will go stand on the side line meaning any bad touch = throwing.

at first playing this demo 5 mins made it hard to notice any thing cos i was desperate to score but once i got the pc demo and played my first 15 minute match i almost quit by half time. The players move like retards especially the central midfielders which in-turn affect the stupid strikers who are often afraid of the center of the field.

The dribbling is nice and the game feel smooth (Too much flow very little ebb). If Fifa's off the ball runs are anything like they describe them to be this i might actually play a football game for the first time in 2 years (Apart from we9le pes 5 we 10 and iss 3.. yeah i played that this morning is stupid arcade fun.)

Game is so much of an improvement.

2 negatives are are players dont seem like they are running whatsoever, and the ball is still very floaty.

Pretty good and interesting discussions and opinions in here.

Info0, don't get too worked up mate.

About the demos, maybe it's just me, but after playing both WE and PES 2013 demos I prefer WE more. It feels slower and for some reason AI builds more than PES. After playing WE for a good number of games, switched to PES and had to lower gamespeed to -1. But don't take my word on it though.

Pretty good and interesting discussions and opinions in here.

Info0, don't get too worked up mate.

About the demos, maybe it's just me, but after playing both WE and PES 2013 demos I prefer WE more. It feels slower and for some reason AI builds more than PES. After playing WE for a good number of games, switched to PES and had to lower gamespeed to -1. But don't take my word on it though.

Noticed that too. Game definitely plays a bit slower on 0 gamespeed in the WE demo compared to PES demo. Plays a little better overall on that demo too, I think.

Back
Top Bottom