PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've only really been skimreading them, but I didn't get that impression from the tweets tbh. The 99% Metacritic or the utterly flawless business I mean. Without giving anything away, does a game have to be utterly perfect for you to be fapfapfapping on twitter about it? Or does it just have to have that special something about it that makes you warm inside and not want to hand the controller back to someone else?

Cock tease!!

I'll certainly be posting up my impressions fairly soon after the embargo ends (more or less when I get up tomorrow). I hadn't planned to write much but it just kept coming. Not quite finished but putting the last touches on.

I'll certainly be posting up my impressions fairly soon after the embargo ends (more or less when I get up tomorrow). I hadn't planned to write much but it just kept coming. Not quite finished but putting the last touches on.

I cant wait Rod, you and Rom are the most articulate on these boards, and it will be great to read your insights from a PES perspective rather than the Fifa alternate. :)

@Anyone who is going to share their impression tomorrow, to what extend this thing happens in 2012 :

# In PES 2011, when i launched a through ball, the recipient will AUTOMATICALLY running on its rail to chase the ball without me having to press sprint and making the proper direction. Hence, no control over him until the following :
a. He gets the ball, or
b. The ball is exactly at opponent's foot, or
c. Using super"sluggish"cancel.

The worse thing is that when through ball goes past him to his side, he suddenly turn again automatically :RANT: with unnatural path.

I sometimes feel i don't really need to manually move/sprint press/direct recipient player after ground pass or lob ball = no freedom at all.

# The same goes for lofted ball, normall ground pass, etc

Thank you :BYE:

Last edited:
I've only really been skimreading them, but I didn't get that impression from the tweets tbh. The 99% Metacritic or the utterly flawless business I mean. Without giving anything away, does a game have to be utterly perfect for you to be fapfapfapping on twitter about it? Or does it just have to have that special something about it that makes you warm inside and not want to hand the controller back to someone else?

But some of these were fapfapfapping over PES 2008 as well...

So what?

I'm just curious because I'm not too far away from publishing my opinions of the game. If it's going to be held against me for four years if I get it wrong then I might not bother.

Last edited:
So what?

I'm just curious because I'm not too far away from publishing my opinions of the game. If it's going to be held against me for four years if I get it wrong then I might not bother.

don't worry, you will not get it wrong
besides they are just impressions, you played the game just one day (or two?)
@danny, everyone was fapfapping about pes 2008, it was the sequel to the greatest gaming football right then...

Last edited:
So what?

Just saying, I don't see how anyone can take what WENB says with any worth since they always christen each edition 'the best of the series' or 'return of the king' or some other hyperbole rubbish.

Don't take it personally. Going all that way to preview the code only to sulk and refuse to air what you think seems a bit selfish in all honesty.

Just saying, I don't see how anyone can take what WENB says with any worth since they always christen each edition 'the best of the series' or 'return of the king' or some other hyperbole rubbish.

Don't take it personally. Going all that way to preview the code only to sulk and refuse to air what you think seems a bit selfish in all honesty.

The amount of ignorance in this post is too much to be believed. That's what happens when you talk about something you know nothing about, going just by what "you hear" the others saying.

It's funny that WENB is more of a subject around here than PES itself. Starts to get tiring...

who cares what they say, they are talking about a videogame, hyping it up too much hardly amounts to being a cyber criminal or something

why are we talking about wenb when we have two evo web members who played the preview of the game?

not yet,they might tomorrow:BOP:

Hope not, that tagline obviously wouldn't work these days :P

Right now I'm a bit worried about shooting, Adam mentioned it's not completely fixed yet, needs more "zip" to it. Honestly don't know why Konami is struggling with shooting, specially since apparently ball physics on everything else are great.

To me, shooting and keepers are the only things in the way for this PES to be a fantastic one in terms of gameplay.

Hope not, that tagline obviously wouldn't work these days :P

Right now I'm a bit worried about shooting, Adam mentioned it's not completely fixed yet, needs more "zip" to it. Honestly don't know why Konami is struggling with shooting, specially since apparently ball physics on everything else are great.

To me, shooting and keepers are the only things in the way for this PES to be a fantastic one in terms of gameplay.

you are talking like you have played the game...

Bit of common sense mate... Why would I be serious about wasting £70 of my money just because of a throwaway comment on a forum?

I'm just trying to point out how silly it is to hold initially positive PES 2008 impressions against someone, as it seems a lot of people do. Four years is SUCH a long time, but that keeps being dragged back up.

Dunno, having met those guys a few times now, it seems to have lost all sense of perspective to me.

Last edited:
you are talking like you have played the game...

It does? Sorry, didn't meant too. It's based on some of the previews and facts about the game, the simple fact the catch-up bug isn't there, plus the brilliant gameplay improvements, it would be very hard for them to go wrong after what PES 2011 was and could have been.

It's not selfish. He's under an embargo and has probably agreed to an NDA. Both Rom and Rod have said that they intend to publish their impressions as soon as the embargo is lifted.

Principle to perform penalty in PES 2012 is the same as in PES 2010.

With
2_square.gif
you determines height and with the left stick how far away from the centre you'd want the ball.

In any case better than pes 2011!

Back
Top Bottom