PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Shooting animation is unchanged and unnatural and the keepers land on their belly. Oh and that wasn't a penalty. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Shooting animation is unchanged and unnatural and the keepers land on their belly. Oh and that wasn't a penalty. Good stuff.

Yes it was, it hit the man first. Agree with the animations looking weird, but even more weird is the fact they decided that adding slow motion to the vid was a good decision lol.

The animations and ball physics for the PK look terrible.

Ball physics don't look horrible, it's the slow motion that makes it look truly weird. I had the same impression first time I watched the vid but then realized the last part of the shot was being slowed down. Stupidly really, it looks so damn strange.

Ball physics don't look horrible, it's the slow motion that makes it look truly weird. I had the same impression first time I watched the vid but then realized the last part of the shot was being slowed down. Stupidly really, it looks so damn strange.

And any excuse for the same old weird keeper and foul animations?

And any excuse for the same old weird keeper and foul animations?

Yes, valid arguments are obviously just excuses.

Didn't see anything wrong with the foul animation. Agree about the awful keeper belly drop. They need to get rid of it asap, no excuses for leaving that one in since we've already seen some new, realistic save animations.

Yeah i hope to do overly spectacular penalties everytime also. I also hope i can marseille roulette around the keeper before turning around and flip-flapping the ball through the keepers legs which simultaneously passes the ball to my other player who then goes on to rainbow flick the ball into the back of the net.

If i can't then i'm sorry Konami then you've lost a sale because these tricks are the basic fundamentals of any football match.

Last edited:

+1. Exactly my thoughts.

I'm very optimistic about PES, like the leaked gameplay videos, but these series of mini videos are completely amateur and useless efforts to make gamers return to PES.

Imagine a hardcore FIFA player. OMG penalty camera is now behind the player, the penalty system is as basic as last gen 6 years ago, Same shooting animation for low, high, normal, lobbed shots.. I want this game so bad.

I have to say again that the lighting looks terrible on the official KONAMI videos, but looked fine (at least way better) on the smart phone leaked videos.

Good job KONAMI.

It becomes mighty obvious how much less money PES gets in terms of marketing with these videos. I don't think these videos will matter in the end, but still.

Yeah i hope to do overly spectacular penalties everytime also. I also hope i can marseille roulette around the keeper before turning around and flip-flapping the ball through the keepers legs which simultaneously passes the ball to my other player who then goes on to rainbow flick the ball into the back of the net.

If i can't then i'm sorry Konami then you've lost a sale because these tricks are the basic fundamentals of any football match.

I just pointed that chipped penalties in that video are unrealistic. And that video in my post was just an example of normal chipped penalty. Those aren't so spectacular and rare as they were. Today many players use that technique. I mean, you can see those in almost every penalty shootout. Not so spectacular as Totti's, but certainly not like KONAMI made them. After all, I didn't ask for something like this:

YouTube - Totti Scores a Backheel Penalty

or this

YouTube - FC Baar - FC Sempach: Joonas Jokinen (35) shoots penalty

OK, so "fans" complained that penalties were too hard in PES2011. Despite the fact that, once you know what you're doing, they're really incredibly easy.

Konami had two options.

1. Actually include instructions in the manual on how to take penalties, so people understand the system without having to trawl forums / YouTube for advice / tutorial videos.

2. Dumb down the penalties to PES6 level.

And the winner is... oh.

Another triumph for "fan feedback" (just like the changes from PES2011 demo to final game). Don't get me wrong, I'm very optimistic about the new game, but this kind of thing makes me pretty worried. Who the hell are Konami listening to? Not the hardcore they promised to reward with this game, that's for sure.

Penalty system wasn't so bad but the biggest problem for me was that it sometimes just didn't do what I wanted it to do. I input everything very carefully for a upper corner shot and it still went into the center of the goal with the keeper catching it without any hassle. And I'd be like: What on earth did I do wrong?

The penalty system is pretty shit in PES2011 though. Admittedly, the problem isn't that they're necessarily too hard, it's just that it's really horrid to use. It's not much more than a bad version of FIFA's system. Admittedly, going back to the PES6 system was the easy/lazy option, but I prefer PES6's to PES 2011s system.

I don't think it's really quite true to state that better explanation would have been enough with PES's system, the system needed changes one way or another.

Personally I was happy enough with the penalty system in PES2011 (and PES2010 before that) once I knew what I was doing.

The two issues were:

1. Konami didn't do a good job of explaining the PK system (as Pere Ubu said)

2. The side on view was counter-intuitive.

If they'd included a proper tutorial and switched back to a classic PK view I think it would have been fine.

I just pointed that chipped penalties in that video are unrealistic. And that video in my post was just an example of normal chipped penalty. Those aren't so spectacular and rare as they were. Today many players use that technique. I mean, you can see those in almost every penalty shootout. Not so spectacular as Totti's, but certainly not like KONAMI made them. After all, I didn't ask for something like this:

YouTube - Totti Scores a Backheel Penalty

or this

YouTube - FC Baar - FC Sempach: Joonas Jokinen (35) shoots penalty

Don't worry i was just being incredibly facetious because i was bored earlier. I wasn't really implying that you're idea was along the same lines as the stuff i went on to talk about. :COOL:

Thought the 2011 penalty system was fine in principal, at least it required a bit of skill. If you shot wide, you could blame yourself because you had held the stick for too long. With the old system it was very random, some shots would go wide through no fault of your own, which seems a little unfair to say the least.

Problems with the 2011 system were that it was impossible to save a chipped penalty and the AI was not very varied with its penalties, shooting low 95% of the time.

I think keeping the 2011 system, improving the 2 points I mentioned, providing a clear in-game tutorial and adding better animations would have been a good step forward.

I also find penalty shoot-outs lack drama, any ideas on improving this? Maybe through better commentary and use of dramatic cut-scenes?

The penalty system was perfect in PES 2010, they screwed up PES 2011's system with the chipped glitch goal. It's impossible to save. Silly. Great tweaked system based on skill and stats, ruined by that glitch.

That must be some very alpha biuld . Every shot is whit same animation, this chip shot .. just look .. bad :D Maybe in GC build will be bettter.. will see .
So for that news, great news.. i really hope, that to be about online mode . I want to see , finaly, co-op MLO ... 4 vs CPU !

I hope you're being sarcastic. No way. Shooting animations look pretty much the same, keeper animations in PES 2008 look completely silly...

The same?? Look at the first penalty kick of PES2008. Look at the player's body position, the way he kicks the ball. The animation is way way better. Then look at this awkwardness and clumsiness of that video from 2012. You can't be serious...

The same?? Look at the first penalty kick of PES2008. Look at the player's body position, the way he kicks the ball. The animation is way way better. Then look at this awkwardness and clumsiness of that video from 2012. You can't be serious...

The only thing strange in the PES 2012 footage is the fact that the guy makes a powerful, high shot with the side of the foot... That's silly. The rest, almost exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom