PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

But it's supposed to look like PES 2011 (you were told to expect that lol) and to play miles better. Videos deffo make it look like it's at least fun to play. Leave judgements about how "impressive" or not it is for when you play it, or read the previews goalgerd has been kind enough to post.

Of course I will reserve judgement.. the game isnt finished yet. I was just posting an opinion. I know you like jumping down people's throats who don't agree with you.

I thought it'd look more "alive" considering thats what people who have been playing it keep saying.

Isnt that what most people wanted?
A pes 2011 with bugs fixed and more fluid.
I for one liked pes 2011 alot but obviously it has its issues. If pes 2012 gets rid of the issues surely it will be a great game. I dont understand what did people expect.

What's wrong with people? the graphics on PES2011 are superb, the graphics aren't the problem with PES, the gameplay is, and that's what Konami have focused on this time around.

Grr! so annoyed with some people lol, who cares if it looks a lot like pes 2011? give me a much better game gameplay wise, who gives a shit if the graphics are similar?

@mancan

Yes you're right about that but people of course will want more than that, especially after all the talk about the blue sky team building ahead, plus the fact they've had a year almost to do what they wanted.

I would be happy to buy and play a slightly better PES2011 and from those videos, that's what I will get.

Slow progress it seems

Isnt that what most people wanted?
A pes 2011 with bugs fixed and more fluid.
I for one liked pes 2011 alot but obviously it has its issues. If pes 2012 gets rid of the issues surely it will be a great game. I dont understand what did people expect.

Exactly, PES 2012 was meant to continue with PES 2011's idea. Graphical changes were the last things I cared about. Gameplay does look a bit fast, but videos can be deceiving. I'll wait 'till I play the demo to determine that.

@mancan

Yes you're right about that but people of course will want more that just, especially after all the talk about the blue sky team building ahead, plus the fact they've had a year almost to do what they wanted.

I would be happy to buy and play a slightly better PES2011 and from those videos, that's what I will get.

Slow progress it seems

I suggest you watch those videos again, a few times, and watch the other footage, how you can say this looks like a 'slightly better' pes2011 is just bloody bonkers, really.

Of course it will look like PES 2011, what da *** did u expect>??? Sundays ITV Live???? FFS...

Personally, I hate those two videos, the only good thing from both of em, was the Rooney goal, everything else was pure crap and I've no idea why those videos are being shown to the public. GK's are again terrible, god knows who is playing and on what atrocious difficulty is being played... the leaked videos were miles better representative of the game.

We need a demo, we can't judge at all from those videos, or at least if we can gen some proper gameplay footage from GC, where the game is being played by people that have a clew what is going on the pitch!

@simcut

Ive watched them many times mate, I am still underwhelmed, I expected more, maybe I shouldn't have.

But I maintain it only looks "slightly better"

I don't know what to say about those videos except that they don't exactly instill me with confidence. I'm more interested than ever to hear was rod and rom say now about their personal experiences with the game.

Sure you can say that from those videos it looks like a polished PES 2011 but to me it looked (and emphasis on looked because that is much different to playing) odd at times. There were a couple of standing still slide tackles and well i'm not sure how players manage to cover ground when slide tackling from a standing position. Imagine doing that in real life and you might understand what i mean. I saw some horrible PES 2011 gk animations for saves which remind me of the fire punch from the old worms games, complete with pushing the ball 2 yards in front of them and not trying to get up in time for a second block (i believe this happened in the Barcelona-Man Utd game). Giggs managed a 360 degree turn cross. Some odd ball physics from shots (minus the Rooney one which did look decent as he hit it into the ground). Ibrahimovic's last goal springs immediately to mind.

Things i'm questioning but not dismissing entirely inc. Carrick getting tackled so easily by David Villa and the GK animation when Busquets scored his header. One thing i liked about PES is the way gk's don't always dive if they know they're absolutely beaten. Busquets puts it in the top corner from 5 yards out and the gk goes for the dive. In reality i doubt he'd react that well given the proximity of the shot and the fact it was a header meaning it could go anywhere.

Sorry to be so critical but i wonder if anybody else was bothered by the aforementioned things.

Personally, I hate those two videos, the only good thing from both of em, was the Rooney goal, everything else was pure crap and I've no idea why those videos are being shown to the public. GK's are again terrible, god knows who is playing and on what atrocious difficulty is being played... the leaked videos were miles better representative of the game.

They had issues too but i do agree.

Last edited:
The videos are... pretty poor representations of what I played. That may be because they're from a different build (hopefully not a newer one in that case). I did quite a lot of watching when I was there, because we had four people most of the time and were generally playing 1v1s, and the game looked so much better then than it does in those videos.

@simcut

Ive watched them many times mate, I am still underwhelmed, I expected more, maybe I shouldn't have.

But I maintain it only looks "slightly better"

Don't pre-judge so much, we don't know whether those videos are on a low difficulty setting for example, download the demo and make more of a judgement then, don't pre-judge a game on old code :)

But it's supposed to look like PES 2011 (you were told to expect that lol) and to play miles better. Videos deffo make it look like it's at least fun to play. Leave judgements about how "impressive" or not it is for when you play it, or read the previews goalgerd has been kind enough to post.

Even if it play's better it should be evident. To me the AI, which is superb according to those who played the game, was definitely not evident. The goals were really cheap and it just proves this talk about AI is pretty shit.

It's same like last year minor improvements.

Another thing that is bugging me is that people, including yourself think all forums are like WENB where you are not allowed to criticize the game. This is evo web where people are allowed to say anything they want. And i really don't see the point why you are allowed to say, or actually claiming that we should wait till we play it when you've never played the game yourself. Just saying, this is Evo web, not WENB. people won't get banned for giving their honest opinions.

The Truth is that KONAMI, again did a lazy job this year and they know it. If they weren't lazy we would all be "WOW look at those gameplay footage" They want us to believe they spent 8 day's a week making this AI we have never ever seen philosophy.

I have no doubt it will be better than pes 2011. And it looks like I will have fun another year. but the truth is the truth. And Right now we don't know how it play's (atleast the majority) but from what we have seen it's still ....well looking like 2011.

as I said before Sim, I'm not "judging" the game on a 1 minute video, I'm not a fool :) I'm just stating my feelings.

I just want Konami to succeed in improving their football game.

Ball physics lookl sick from what i saw there. I llove the lobbed passes (i don't if this is the correct spelling) asnd the shoot from Roney is so organic. The way the ball hits the ground and ends up on top corner, very good, i hardley saw this goal in any footbal game.

The videos do give us the impression that the game is like pes 2011 with subtles changes, but they are just highlitghts, so we can't judge the game from them.

Who was the noob that decided to show highlights as a good representation of the game ?

Terrilble decision.

I think what you'll find Enlil, is that when you play it, you'll get a lot more of the 'good' from PES 2011, with a lot less of the bad, as well as some clear improvements which really have to be felt to be believed. This game is not perfect - and it's not where I would have hoped football games would be 6 years after PES5 came out - but it's a pretty good effort considering where PES was two years ago.

As video teasers go, I think those are pretty appalling, in all honesty, and actually, if I was sitting where you were, I'd probably say many of the same things. I doubt anything will convince you to the demo, which is fair, but I think the demo will convince you. Here's hoping I guess :)

Last edited:
I think the vids show a pretty messed up, broken game. Belly Landing Festival is still alive.
There's some sort of magnetic feeling in the way that players move, I can't explain exactly what it is.

Last edited:
Hm yeah, it is a bit crap, the way it cuts from one part of play to another like that...

Yes.. we would neverr have the real feeling of how the game flows based on highlights, cutted scenes...

Actually, we will only have the real feeling when we play it.

I think what you'll find Enlil, is that when you play it, you'll get a lot more of the 'good' from PES 2011, with a lot less of the bad, as well as some clear improvements which really have to be felt to be believed. This game is not perfect - and it's not where I would have hoped football games would be 6 years after PES5 came out - but it's a pretty good effort considering where PES was two years ago.

As video teasers go, I think those are pretty appalling, in all honesty, and actually, if I was sitting where you were, I'd probably say many of the same things. I doubt anything will convince you to the demo, which is fair, but I think the demo will convince you. Here's hoping I guess :)

When I played pes on ps2 (i actually never played pes 3 and 4 and only 5 for a small period) I would dream of next gen and pes being really awesome. to bad that dream hasn't come true (yet). I am still confident it will be an fun game to play and looking forward when it comes out. But KONAMI needs to know that we can't be fooled. After 5 years it is starting to feel like an insult (to my intelligence). i hope gamescom will give me a "wow" moment. If only!

Back
Top Bottom