PES 2011 Discussion thread

I have a couple of questions.
1)Are there actually penalties in PES2011 ?
2) Are there some FKs given for some reckless challenges ?
How is refereeing in general ?

1) Yes, I had one already :O and I missed it like a twat :[ it took me 4 months to get a penalty on pes2010....
2) Yes, many Free Kicks
3) Referees are pretty strict now!

1) Yes, I had one already :O and I missed it like a twat :[ it took me 4 months to get a penalty on pes2010....
2) Yes, many Free Kicks
3) Referees are pretty strict now!

Wow, wow and wow.
This is too good to be true, looks like I'm gonna a PES player this gaming season.The great thing about PES is when you score a goal, it just feels magical

Been out of PES/WE loop for a long time but I'd love to try the demo but here are a few basic questions.

1. Is this game gonna be released in North America? If so when? And if not, does it still have that NTSC or Pal option at beginning of game like old PES's? Where I could select NTSC and play fine.

2. Is the demo available yet for x360? If not, when?

3. Will the demo be available to those of us in North America even when it comes?

The referees are a bit funny at times - had a pen given against me earlier that was a meat and potatoes sliding challenge, ball and man taken but absolutely no way a ref would even think it was a pen.

I'm loving the free kicks from deep and out wide, whipping them into the box. It's great how everyone in the box is sucked towards the goal, falling over each other to try and get something on it. Thought I'd put too much on one earlier only for Olic to have peeled off the back of the scrum and throw himself at it. The ball was already travelling at a heck of ampace but the sound as it thwacked off his skull and into the side netting harder than most people can kick a ball... I was amazed he got up and walked away from that. If he'd scored I'd have been so bloody proud.

I've not done much with Chivas or Internacional yet, I had a game but struggled with the kit clash. Looks like I'll have to give the demo another whirl tomorrow...

Adam's just posted about me on Twitter. I did say I was going to play both titles; just that I'm likely to play more PES.

Adam's just posted about me on Twitter. I did say I was going to play both titles; just that I'm likely to play more PES.

lol welcome to the darkside :BOP:

edit: and you gotta admit that it is a big deal you saying that, having gone to Guilford and the Emirates(?) and having a good email relationship with the EA top brass.

It's undeniable that PES looks quality this year. I'm not 100% convinced but i'm definitely getting it as well as FIFA. Gotta love a solid PES title.

Last edited:
Been out of PES/WE loop for a long time but I'd love to try the demo but here are a few basic questions.

1. Is this game gonna be released in North America? If so when? And if not, does it still have that NTSC or Pal option at beginning of game like old PES's? Where I could select NTSC and play fine.

2. Is the demo available yet for x360? If not, when?

3. Will the demo be available to those of us in North America even when it comes?

PLF - the master :WORSHIP:

Demo for X360 doesnt have a release date as yet - many are hoping it comes out next week in UK but it may slip. Jon Murphy has said he doesnt deal with US side of things so no real word on US demo date as far as I know.

The game will be released in NA but I dont know the release dates as I'm gonna get it for PS3 (UK) - For X360 the NA version will be NTSC and UK version will be PAL, doesnt matter for PS3

Game looks incredibly smooth, seriously, any PES 2011 to 2010 comparisons = punch in nose.

ROFL. That comment just made my day. I mean, I really enjoyed 2010 against a friend, but there was plenty of room for improvement. :SMUG:

That is sexy!!

PLF - the master :WORSHIP:

Demo for X360 doesnt have a release date as yet - many are hoping it comes out next week in UK but it may slip. Jon Murphy has said he doesnt deal with US side of things so no real word on US demo date as far as I know.

The game will be released in NA but I dont know the release dates as I'm gonna get it for PS3 (UK) - For X360 the NA version will be NTSC and UK version will be PAL, doesnt matter for PS3

Hey bro!

Oh.. :/ Not exactly good news for those in NA with an xbox then. :LOL: :P

I'm guessing you have a ps3, then? I'd order from UK but I guess that wouldn't work since the version they're selling would be in PAL....?

That is sexy!!

Hey bro!

Oh.. :/ Not exactly good news for those in NA with an xbox then. :LOL: :P

I'm guessing you have a ps3, then? I'd order from UK but I guess that wouldn't work since the version they're selling would be in PAL....?

Xbox360 is not region free, you can use only NTSC version.
PS3 is region free, so any game is playable in any console...

i suck at fifa games 1v1 as u dont get rewarded for playing the game "realisticly" but in PES i was a pretty decent player online as you could play it properly and get rewarded for it.

Im afraid about bycicle kick and goals form outside the box - it hapens to often, its final code nothing will be fixed, improved, i have to play demo firstly

Is anyone else finding that the best way to play and get chances is to just keep passing the ball around? Sounds obvious I know but in past PES I could play from defence through midfield and up to the forwards very quickly, probably in less than 5 passes if I was forcing the issue. I dont seem to be able to do this in PES2011.
I am finding the best way to get to goal is to keep possession for long periods, pasing back to, and around in defence, and really waiting for space to open up or spot a runner. The people complaining about the vids that show alot of quick forward passing do not have to worry from what I have experienced, this is a rare occurence, on top player anyway.

Xbox360 is not region free, you can use only NTSC version.
PS3 is region free, so any game is playable in any console...

I see. Thanks.

I just remember some screen at beginning of old PES games where you could select PAL/NTSC (Jap) NTSC (US) or something... so I thought if it has that option and I select correct one, I could maybe use the game. Guess not...

And the release date for US is November 10th!! I'm guessing same for us in Canada!

The referees are a bit funny at times - had a pen given against me earlier that was a meat and potatoes sliding challenge, ball and man taken but absolutely no way a ref would even think it was a pen.

I'm loving the free kicks from deep and out wide, whipping them into the box. It's great how everyone in the box is sucked towards the goal, falling over each other to try and get something on it. Thought I'd put too much on one earlier only for Olic to have peeled off the back of the scrum and throw himself at it. The ball was already travelling at a heck of ampace but the sound as it thwacked off his skull and into the side netting harder than most people can kick a ball... I was amazed he got up and walked away from that. If he'd scored I'd have been so bloody proud.

I've not done much with Chivas or Internacional yet, I had a game but struggled with the kit clash. Looks like I'll have to give the demo another whirl tomorrow...

I had this yesterday, but played nearly all my v CPU games with the Copa teams, much better for me, more realistic again. Try Internacional in the red top with Chivas in the striped top, the one that looks like Athletico Madrid. There is no problem in game with that combination. ;)

As for Adam, well, he doesnt really need to be doing that, but fair-play to you, it highlights that fact you will play the game you feel more accurately represents football, regardless. EA had their chance, you gave them all the help they could ask for, and they didnt use it. More fool them. I have been naughty today, I woke up this morning and decided I would give myself a days holiday. Hmmmmmmmmnnn what should I do to fill my time I wonder ? :LOL:

Last night I pulled off the Dragback Pass, I have seen it done in the MLO beta but never done it myself. It requires a player to have a decent level of technique, and the situation to arise, but like all classic PES games, the animation is automatic, which makes you smile even more. I love the way he makes the pass then breaks his neck to make the run into space. Unfortunately, on Top Player Ai the CPU played spoiler and intercepted it. Either way it was beautiful to behold. :)

YouTube - The Dragback Pass

I'm embarresed to say that I played 12 hours straight yesterday, and never scored one goal against the CPU Top Player. :CONFUSE:

Just scored an absolute peach with Robben. I love this little dutch maestro! Great run followed by a stunning rabona!

YouTube - PES 2011 PS3 Demo Goal - Robben the MASTER!
(might still be processing, so give it a minute)

Stunning? I find it absolutely unrealistic.
Excellent through ball and Robben going full speed for it and then finishing like this?
From full speed to stop and rabona? No way.

I just hate goals like this.

Back
Top Bottom