PES 2011 Discussion thread

Hi guys
I've been following this thread every day for the last couple of weeks, and everything sounds exiting :) Just a shame I have to wait a looong time for downloading the demo(im in Oman with a crappy connection).

I have one question for the PS people here, is the game still displayed in 720p or has it finally gone up to 1080p?

cheers

L3 how? and Square?

Dammit. I forgot that everyone here plays with the default buttons while I'm still stuck with the Fifa buttons from the very old days :LOL:

Ok let me start again...

For whoever's asking about manual crossing it's :l2:+Left stick+:circle:

Left stick for choosing direction.

Hi guys
I've been following this thread every day for the last couple of weeks, and everything sounds exiting :) Just a shame I have to wait a looong time for downloading the demo(im in Oman with a crappy connection).

I have one question for the PS people here, is the game still displayed in 720p or has it finally gone up to 1080p?

cheers

Still 720p

one question:
if i want to upgrade my psn status...now..
it's too late for download the demo or i'm in time?
sorry for my english..

I can't get myself to like the long-ball pass/crossing animation. It always looks like he's chipping the ball. I don't mind the animation but when it's the only animation for every cross that's just annoying.

Exactly mate. I'm gonna try the Manual crossing now using L2. I hope the animation is different.

It also feels like you really have to fight the player off when he is trying to muscle you out the way. The tackles are racking up, only one red card in 10 games, not bad for me.

I really like the jostling on this game, it does feel like a proper tussle. Also seen the AI work together and double up in attempts to shut out players when a through ball is played in!

Fantastic post:WORSHIP:

Hype?

Listen mate im not some giddy school girl, im 30 years of age with a fuck off mortgage....

and if FIFA made the best footy game off all time id be running over there with my knicker around my ankles.

I am a football purist. PES 11 has what I need.. as a purist. it allows me to create greatness and awfulness and average-ness (if thats a word) and I know what ever one of those I create it will be down to me!

In Fifa you can only become a " good FIFA Player" as in, you are good at FIFA or you are not.

Now in PS2 PES and in PES 11 (I think) You can create good football because the canvas of PES 11 allows you.

you can also be an awfull player or a cheating glitch whore, im sure.. but at least you, if you choose can create some great play that individual to you and not just individual to the game. Unlike FIFA- up to this point.

No hype mate just an overwhelming relief that after 4 years of shite me and my mates can again plot against each other and know that if one game of chess is better than anothers then victory should be the outcome

UNLESSS!!!!! luck plays a part! dont forget... there is no randomness in FIFA but it can be found in PES! I can come up with a cunning plan to beat my mate in PES 5 but if that jammy twat gets a lucky bobble? then all my plans go to shit ( you wouldnt guess that this has happend would you?)

Glory days are back

end of (phew)

Just scored an absolute peach with Robben. I love this little dutch maestro! Great run followed by a stunning rabona!

YouTube - PES 2011 PS3 Demo Goal - Robben the MASTER!
(might still be processing, so give it a minute)

Well, I decided to go Bayern vs Barca, horrible game, broke up by fouls, midfield stalemate, lack of chances, then I did this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFPJlfdeZG4

Sorry about crap vid again :)

I see we all have that PES feeling!
You know Tight games going nowhere then suddenly a special goal out of nothing! That you will never score again!

And! I cant stand that twat Robben so I keep putting the ball on his right foot on purpose by over hitting a pass to him on the right wing.

he fucks the cross up and I dont care..

you cant do that in any other footy game I know of?

Hype?

Listen mate im not some giddy school girl, im 30 years of age with a fuck off mortgage....

and if FIFA made the best footy game off all time id be running over there with my knicker around my ankles.

I fully agree with you, it was just the manner of your post which made me smile, it's been ages since people've been so enthousiastic about PES :)

I hate PES from 2008 onwards, I've been playing FIFA for the past few years. I personally love the demo but I agree, try the demo and see for yourself, if you liked the old PES games I'm sure you'll love this!

Honestly i played a lot of games in the last 2 weeks with iss pro evolution soccer 2 :D...its a really simple but hard game :COOL: I just love it, my 1st game was this is football, but iss pes 2 made me love pes.

Any Fifa players since PES 5 want to share thoughts ?

Feedback seems positive so far video seem nice looks playable again which good as last lot of PES have been shocking.

I didn't play pes 2011, but I have to tell you why I already love it:
When you want to watch a pes 2011 vid on youtube, the preview pic looks like real life.

Probably played about 5 hours today and there is one thing to complain about... KEEPERS!!!
They are crap IMO, 80% of the time they just parry the ball infront of them, 15% they are making incredible saves and 5% they are catching the ball. And this is with decent keepers I cant even imagine how bad the default ML ones will be or even worse Almunia!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulJh8r5ed-8&feature=player_embedded

Same build up. Looks like the long through ball is the way to undo a defence this year.

yeah if your boring, or a FIFApleb

but it aint the only way my friend.

go to sleep tonight, rest your head on your pillow and dream of your perfect build up to a goal, then try it on PES 11... it may take you 10...15 games but its possible. try it on FIFA and then tell me how many games it took you.

Blatter is a whore (off topic)

A momentous day.

I used to adore PES. Then it went crap and I played Fifa 08,09 and 10.

This game is how PES should have been next gen. I've already scored one of my favourite ever video game goals.

I started playing as Barca and Bayern, but decided to get back to basics with the 2 Libertadores teams, learning the game (I am/was a Fifa on xbox man) Last minute of injury time, goal kick to me, I win the flcik on, Bravo advances 25 yards out defender on him, I catch it sweetly, it flies off his boot into the top corner. I got giddy.

It was a goal on a demo, by a player I don;t know, for a team I'm barely familiar with and I jumped off the couch.

PES is back. No doubt. Just need to get good at dribbling etc, and changes of pace and tricks if anyone can help??

I also scored a belter with d'Alessandro, he was at a bad angle to shoot wirh his wand of a left foot, he hit it anyway, cut across the ball and it bent away from the keeper into the corner. Awesome.

I'm really enjoying this.

Loving this with the Copa Teams on Top Player, tremendous stuff.

:BOP::BOP::BOP: I love it, i really do, this game is a delight playing with those teams.

I've played ten matches with these two teams and every game has been a different and every game has thrown up a different challenge. Even with the average ratings you can tell each player apart! They all seems to have their own strengths and ways of playing. Brilliant!

A momentous day.

I used to adore PES. Then it went crap and I played Fifa 08,09 and 10.

This game is how PES should have been next gen. I've already scored one of my favourite ever video game goals.

I started playing as Barca and Bayern, but decided to get back to basics with the 2 Libertadores teams, learning the game (I am/was a Fifa on xbox man) Last minute of injury time, goal kick to me, I win the flcik on, Bravo advances 25 yards out defender on him, I catch it sweetly, it flies off his boot into the top corner. I got giddy.

It was a goal on a demo, by a player I don;t know, for a team I'm barely familiar with and I jumped off the couch.

PES is back. No doubt. Just need to get good at dribbling etc, and changes of pace and tricks if anyone can help??

I also scored a belter with d'Alessandro, he was at a bad angle to shoot wirh his wand of a left foot, he hit it anyway, cut across the ball and it bent away from the keeper into the corner. Awesome.

I'm really enjoying this.
Gah, that sounds so immense. I wonder how many people in the same situation like you are feeling the same right now, or next week. Konami is really getting the hardcore back already.

Back
Top Bottom