PES 2011 Discussion thread

Just from watching videos i can already tell i will really like it.

One thing i have noticed in a lot of videos is people not playing the game realistically or sim-like. Like every pass must go forward. I don't know, maybe that is because the player is desperate to see what a goal looks like, if that makes sense, and granted i have only seen a handful of videos.

What i'm trying to say is, i play a much slower tempo than what i am saying here and the game looks very responsive. So with that in mind i can see my liking this game much in the same way as Jimmy.

If only my internet wasn't shit.

ya true .. some of the close controls are just amazing and those could no way been done in pes2010

Trust me, it's a very good goal. I've tried that and i haven't been able to produce anything near that quality yet. Thing is your looking at just one video and assuming the whole balance is set to loads of forward passing, it certainly isn't :)

Good to hear that. I trust you.
Btw, now that you have a ps3, add me: DuduBR9

When I had an xbox 360 I played against a friend of yours (he used to play with Roma). I remember your gamertag (I will bet joe).;)

PES 2011 is a must buy for me this year. Probably the only football game in years that will actually offer us loads of fun in offline modes. Online i'll join the PEEL. :BOP:

one word, PESStatsDatabase (its 3 really but wth) :D

Great website but absolutely useless for those of us who want to play online.

I really hate the penalties too by the way, how hard can it be to create an easy-to-learn, hard-to-master penalty system?

From watching the videos it looks clearly like the best PES on the new consoles now. But i'm not sure about the new passing.

I mean it really looks like you can play some really great passes but on the other hand it cleary seems that they (cpu) help a lot by stopping the movement of the ball. Sometimes (or maybe most times) the ball seems to get magically slowly and stops instead of rolling ahead like it should. Maybe this is the price we need to pay for the new freedom of passing? I don't like it. If a pass is to fast it should not stop abruptly just because they want it to connect. I find it a little bit irritating and somehow it looks strange.

But anyway i'm looking forward to play the demo. It looks way better then the last versions of the game(PES 08 - PES 10). It could be the first PES that gives us the old feeling back. Hopefully.

Last edited:
The more i play,the more i like the camara.

Still i dont like the way that its hard to tell if the cross is a low or high one from the ai as the camara gives an illusion.

Great website but absolutely useless for those of us who want to play online.

I really hate the penalties too by the way, how hard can it be to create an easy-to-learn, hard-to-master penalty system?

I thought the pens in Fifa World Cup were perfect to be honest, but doesn't spoil my excitement in getting to play this next week!

Roll on the 15th!!

anyone tried the analog stick sensitivity as it was noticed in the preview build ? like u move less and the ball controll is much closer and vice varsa ?

by the way , thae game looks Just Unreal ! Breathtaking. I can feel how it will feel when u would play it ( waiting for PC demo)!

I was just coming here to mention that, I never knew about this feature, but I have just noticed that when I was controlling a player and used really small movements then i got closed down by two players so pushed the stick fully and played a pass, it looked a bit funny so i went into replay and had a look, when i used the small movements the ball stayed really clcose to feet, took little close touches and as i got closed down and pressed fully he took a small touch then knoccked it on quite far and hit the pass, its diicult to explain and it only happened once but it is something to experiment with, i really think it might be sensitive like that.

ANyone else keep going ino replay? I cant go for more than a few mins at the moment without going to replay to look at some neat touches or animations. This game really is awesome!

^^ That's true

At least 90% of the videos i've seen are people playing as Barca v Bayern so you generally get fast forward passes to feet constantly. With lesser teams and against better players i expect the game to be slower because running constantly has always been such a hindrance.

I usually stop the ball with R2 often or jog and if i reach danger turn around and pass back but i see none of that.

These top teams make -1 speed look like an option i'm going to exercise.

Yeah same here. Are you on ps3 mate? If you are add me - onoharrison and we can have a few games when the game comes out.

is it still only me who think the forward runs are a bit poor? my team mates dont want none of it. the sb's dont go press on and no one wants to make a sprint forward off the ball.

This game will take time to adjust and get used to. At first, it feels rubbish, but then, after you play it and play it over and over, it turns into a princess.

I'm getting addicted already. My impressions have changed since my first initial ones.

If only they could give us more crossing animations.

LOL what did i say, this game takes adapting to man :) I too am unhappy with the lack of crossing animations!

I was just coming here to mention that, I never knew about this feature, but I have just noticed that when I was controlling a player and used really small movements then i got closed down by two players so pushed the stick fully and played a pass, it looked a bit funny so i went into replay and had a look, when i used the small movements the ball stayed really clcose to feet, took little close touches and as i got closed down and pressed fully he took a small touch then knoccked it on quite far and hit the pass, its diicult to explain and it only happened once but it is something to experiment with, i really think it might be sensitive like that.

ANyone else keep going ino replay? I cant go for more than a few mins at the moment without going to replay to look at some neat touches or animations. This game really is awesome!

wow ! that pretty much confirms the feature for me !

I'd like my fullbacks to overlap a fair bit more but in my opinion the attacking players are fine when it comes to off-the-ball movement, especially when counter attacking.

Yeah same here. Are you on ps3 mate? If you are add me - onoharrison and we can have a few games when the game comes out.

Mind if I add you as well? Looking at some of those vids it's like I'm watching a completely different game to the one I'm playing.

This game will take time to adjust and get used to. At first, it feels rubbish, but then, after you play it and play it over and over, it turns into a princess.

Wow, music for my ears (or my eyes? LOL). That was the feeling in PS2 when we said at the beginning WTF those japs did with the game? Then after some days you became completely addicted.

Roll on the 15th!

when im attacking from midfield my strikers will not break into a sprint in front of me, they make a half run but never go past the last man. the exact moment when i want to release the ball they just stop. cannot work out the reason for this.

also the computer plays a through ball that doesnt feel right to me, it looks like its gonna go easily through to my keeper but then just slows down dramatically at the last.

I like how in this years version the ai attack lot unlike last years.

Also its nice having a ref who actually does his job.

when im attacking from midfield my strikers will not break into a sprint in front of me, they make a half run but never go past the last man. the exact moment when i want to release the ball they just stop. cannot work out the reason for this.

also the computer plays a through ball that doesnt feel right to me, it looks like its gonna go easily through to my keeper but then just slows down dramatically at the last.

I've seen a few of your points and they make quite interesting reading. You have been very unhappy with the lack of player runs.

What I'll say is that it's a big difference in terms of how players move off the ball in both games. I treat them both differently since they are totally different in premise. With FIFA it's all about using the L1 button to send players forward, you get so used to it and used to players running into space it becomes second nature, i understand. I used to believe this was something PES desperately needed.

Where PES differs is you need to set your team up tactically so the players you want to make forward runs into certain area.s You just need to instruct him to do that and he wil. I like the whole premise in PES that every player has their own task off the ball. In a way trying to encapsulate every player being 'human' and making his own decisions or following what he's been briefed tactically.

FIFA is a different philosophy which i still like since i've using it for years! With FIFA the player runs sum up the "Your in total control" It's about you, not the stats! Thing.

My advice again, is use the teams styles and set the forward runs to high and instruct certain players you want to make forward runs to being attacking. Also look out for cards liver overlapping run etc... :)

Mate, that is your visual cue to then release the ball into their path, this thing is gonna take ages to master, I agree sometimes they don't make the run you want as well, but to help things along you should use select and R1/R2 to increase attacking awareness.

its not as if they make the run the end up offside, this i wouldnt have a problem with, its the fact that there is still ample space for them to go into but they are just refusing, if im breaking with iniesta, i expect a least 1 of my 3 front men to be stretching the defense, instead of all coming short or being basically stationary .

i got to the byline with barca put in a low cross for example, when i watched the replay xavi had made a run to the penalty spot and at the exact moment i crossed it decided to take 2 steps back.

if i get it with a midfield, i expect my full back to be bombing forward if theres empty space for him to attack, same thoughout the pitch, the game is making me pass back inside, or alternatively try beat the defender 1 on 1.

i never seem to remember having this problem with the old pro/winning eleven, maybe it was because i could set the forward and back arrows for my players...is this option still in the tactic, cant seemed to find it.

as i said earlier, im enjoying it alot but this is really getting to me, also i still have not seen an advantage played.

After a bit more experimentation I do not think that there is analog stick sensitivity, I think what I noticed before was just part of the dribbling animation.

I am enjoying using the latin american teams, their lower stats make things a bit more unpredictable and entertaining.

Finally PES is back, I am sick of playing FIFA 10 for over the past 8 months, Ill be making my ML team and all of that. Damn all the memories, the time when me and my friends played hours and hours till 4am maybe will come back!! (I didn't have a job back there and was 4 years younger but what the heck).
Waiting for the 15th

It also feels like you really have to fight the player off when he is trying to muscle you out the way. The tackles are racking up, only one red card in 10 games, not bad for me.

Back
Top Bottom