PES 2011 Discussion thread

Yeah, I absolutely loved PES 5, stopped playing after 2008, never touched 2009 and only played 2010 occasionally at a friend's house. This game is better than PES 5/6 because it's far less scripted, you have more freedom (though not complete freedom), animations are better and obviously it goes without saying that the graphics and the audio are much better as well.

It will take time to find out whether things like AI and depth are better but so far so good. There are a few concerns like (in my opinion) dodgy goalkeepers, slightly awkward player switching but all in all it's shaping up very nicely.

Thank you mate, I was already fixed on buying is since I wanted to give them a chance on my new ps3, but those words are optimism to me. just don't buy some here who sell the game like it's the best ever and even claim 2008-2010 are better than 5/6. :WORSHIP:

enjoy your game mate!

those who've played the demo, as Konami noted it being final build, how does it compare to pes5/6. anywhere near as good?

no offence, but I wouldn't buy your answer Jimmy. maybe we have differing opinions, but I've been a pes gamer throughout, and I just want someone with the same 'feel' and opinion as me. So I would take the opinions of those who feel that pes2008-2010 were crap. anyone from that era?

:LOL: Please.

those who've played the demo, as Konami noted it being final build, how does it compare to pes5/6. anywhere near as good?

no offence, but I wouldn't buy your answer Jimmy. maybe we have differing opinions, but I've been a pes gamer throughout, and I just want someone with the same 'feel' and opinion as me. So I would take the opinions of those who feel that pes2008-2010 were crap. anyone from that era?

I'm the same mate. Will be on the demo in about an hour and report back. I take it you also went over to Fifa last 3 years?

Itchin' to try PES for the first time in years, now they're teasing me as an Xbox user with this early PS3 release. :CRY:

Also when watching a video people should only judge the video and not the game as a whole, wait to play the demo and then form an opinion.

anyone else struggling with Top player? I've played 4 games now....

1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0. the CPU doesnt seem to be really putting me under a great deal of pressure, perhaps Im just good at defending? lol, bit worrying though to me, was expecting more of a challenge on Top Player.

Thank you mate, I was already fixed on buying is since I wanted to give them a chance on my new ps3, but those words are optimism to me. just don't buy some here who sell the game like it's the best ever and even claim 2008-2010 are better than 5/6. :WORSHIP:

enjoy your game mate!

Cheers mate, you should try the demo first just in case but in terms of enjoyment it's definitely the closest thing to PES 5 I've played on a next-gen console!

anyone else struggling with Top player? I've played 4 games now....

1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0. the CPU doesnt seem to be really putting me under a great deal of pressure, perhaps Im just good at defending? lol, bit worrying though to me, was expecting more of a challenge on Top Player.

who you playing with? I been having a hard time on top player!

Lost 4-0 s barca in my first game on that level.

Just played as Chivas and had a close game without too many chances, Inter hit he bar and went close on a few occasions,

Too be honest the game doesnt look bad from what i have seen apart from some daft goalkeeper which pes has had for donkeys. Hopefully the final code will have these more tweak. Darth did say the demo code feels alittle off to what he played. Hopefully the CPU are awesome on this 6th difficulty mode.

I've noticed a lot of varying opinions and seeing a big variety in terms of plays and goals in the videos!

nature of the game i supposed. Engineered for freedom? Lots of different outcomes. Some great some amazing some a bit meh even it seems!

enjoy your game mate!

I think your completely misunderstanding people here. Language barrier?

Game is fun. I'm just not that overly impressed. The more I play it, the more impress I get though. It does grow on you.

Messi's run animation is no where near his real life one in this demo. EA got his run animation down perfect along with others.

I really hope the final build has more crossing animations. This demo reminds me a lot of Winning Eleven 6 for PS2.

I have been playing PES 5 for roughly the last year and just finished with my ML team on monday night after winning everything. So with PES 5 still fresh in my head I say that this feels like a natural progression from that. It has the same fluid feel as PES 5, a feeling I think has not been there since that game, until now. The ball is free and bounce's off you player with poor touches and with the poorer players you can feel that they have a harder time controlling the ball in some instances. The big advantage it has over PES5 is the close control, I felt that PES5 had too loose control and it made the game a bit too fast at times, this is much better and leads to a much more varied tempo, you can get stupid with the sprint button and run around like a headless chicken or play very slow and ccontrolled.
It is obviously less restricted in movement to PES5, I think the best way I cant describe the game is a cross between the best of PES and the best of FIFA. It feels to me very much like when I first played FIFA 10 on full manual, you have a a real feeling of freedom in passing and player movement, in that way it does not feel very PES. The good thing is that along with this freedom there is still the individuality of pes.
I have only played an hour or so but I am confident that I can retire the PS2 to the loft this year, PES2011 does seem a little rough around the edges at times but it still seems to play an excellent game of football.

I have been playing PES 5 for roughly the last year and just finished with my ML team on monday night after winning everything. So with PES 5 still fresh in my head I say that this feels like a natural progression from that. It has the same fluid feel as PES 5, a feeling I think has not been there since that game, until now. The ball is free and bounce's off you player with poor touches and with the poorer players you can feel that they have a harder time controlling the ball in some instances. The big advantage it has over PES5 is the close control, I felt that PES5 had too loose control and it made the game a bit too fast at times, this is much better and leads to a much more varied tempo, you can get stupid with the sprint button and run around like a headless chicken or play very slow and ccontrolled.
It is obviously less restricted in movement to PES5, I think the best way I cant describe the game is a cross between the best of PES and the best of FIFA. It feels to me very much like when I first played FIFA 10 on full manual, you have a a real feeling of freedom in passing and player movement, in that way it does not feel very PES. The good thing is that along with this freedom there is still the individuality of pes.
I have only played an hour or so but I am confident that I can retire the PS2 to the loft this year, PES2011 does seem a little rough around the edges at times but it still seems to play an excellent game of football.

Like PES 5, the more you play it, the more you will appreciate it. And there is so much more to it.

I'm the same mate. Will be on the demo in about an hour and report back. I take it you also went over to Fifa last 3 years?

fifa's rubbish to me. i will try the fifa demo though, just cus its free. lol. i just stuck to pes5/6 the last 3-4 years.

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of varying opinions and seeing a big variety in terms of plays and goals in the videos!

nature of the game i supposed. Engineered for freedom? Lots of different outcomes. Some great some amazing some a bit meh even it seems!

I think your completely misunderstanding people here. Language barrier?

ntg about misunderstanding. ask jimmy, lami how they think pes2010 is. i think i remember them telling me they feel it surpasses pes5/6. since then, i've stopped paying much attention to their feedback. i don't mean any offense though. just ask lami, i treat him as a normal friend and even asked him stuffs about pes2011 in PM.

cheers. where were people like you guys hiding prior to this? i came out proudly and said it, ntg beat pes5/6 to me and that 2008-2010 was crap. but pes2011 made me sit up and watch from the very first video in June. and it looks like its being rewarded. im getting the feeling is a next-gen pes5. that's good enough for me.

Brazilian league???

print_.jpg

How long did it take everyone to download it. I'm asking because i started downloading around 3 hours ago and i'm only at 26%.

I think BT have taken broadband off me and given me dial-up. :p

cheers. where were people like you guys hiding prior to this? i came out proudly and said it, ntg beat pes5/6 to me and that 2008-2010 was crap. but pes2011 made me sit up and watch from the very first video in June. and it looks like its being rewarded. im getting the feeling is a next-gen pes5. that's good enough for me.

+1

I just read the impressions at DKZ (a spanish website) and honestly I am pretty sad that some forums/places that in the past were one of the best PES/WE places, now have became in a hate lounge. I respect a lot the webmaster, but he said the passing and shooting is what he does not like... well, opinions I guess...

Back
Top Bottom