PES 2011 Discussion thread

A momentous day.

I used to adore PES. Then it went crap and I played Fifa 08,09 and 10.

This game is how PES should have been next gen. I've already scored one of my favourite ever video game goals.

I started playing as Barca and Bayern, but decided to get back to basics with the 2 Libertadores teams, learning the game (I am/was a Fifa on xbox man) Last minute of injury time, goal kick to me, I win the flcik on, Bravo advances 25 yards out defender on him, I catch it sweetly, it flies off his boot into the top corner. I got giddy.

It was a goal on a demo, by a player I don;t know, for a team I'm barely familiar with and I jumped off the couch.

PES is back. No doubt. Just need to get good at dribbling etc, and changes of pace and tricks if anyone can help??

I also scored a belter with d'Alessandro, he was at a bad angle to shoot wirh his wand of a left foot, he hit it anyway, cut across the ball and it bent away from the keeper into the corner. Awesome.

I'm really enjoying this.

great post.

for the tricks, and as a PES Vet I was worried, But what I did was select one trick for each directions (rather than a string of tricks) I Picked the trick tnat was best suited for each direction,to make it more lucid.if that makes sence.
I also picked tricks that where more for creating space than for "showboating" so drag backs, side steps, even stepovers (zidane style) to buy a yard before you get your pass/shot off.

Its all about the timing anyway. like real life, if you step over to early.. well you look like a showoff. step over too late? Fool. time it right? genius!

rainbow flicks etc are for morons tho!

A momentous day.

I used to adore PES. Then it went crap and I played Fifa 08,09 and 10.

This game is how PES should have been next gen. I've already scored one of my favourite ever video game goals.

I started playing as Barca and Bayern, but decided to get back to basics with the 2 Libertadores teams, learning the game (I am/was a Fifa on xbox man) Last minute of injury time, goal kick to me, I win the flcik on, Bravo advances 25 yards out defender on him, I catch it sweetly, it flies off his boot into the top corner. I got giddy.

It was a goal on a demo, by a player I don;t know, for a team I'm barely familiar with and I jumped off the couch.

PES is back. No doubt. Just need to get good at dribbling etc, and changes of pace and tricks if anyone can help??

I also scored a belter with d'Alessandro, he was at a bad angle to shoot wirh his wand of a left foot, he hit it anyway, cut across the ball and it bent away from the keeper into the corner. Awesome.

I'm really enjoying this.

Use and hold R2 Dave, it is very subtle but priceless in so many areas. Holding R2 has you receive a pass cushions it and keeps it close to your body. Holding R2 and turning can help your spin on a sixpence, with the ball always under tight control. Sidestepping an oncoming challenge with this technique pays dividends. And lastly tapping R2 as you receive a pass will make you open up your body and let the ball pass through, think of Bent's goal for England. Very useful that. R2 has been a massive weapon in PEs these last two years and criminally underused.

Use and hold R2 Dave, it is very subtle but priceless in so many areas. Holding R2 has you receive a pass cushions it and keeps it close to your body. Holding R2 and turning can help your spin on a sixpence, with the ball always under tight control. Sidestepping an oncoming challenge with this technique pays dividends. And lastly tapping R2 as you receive a pass will make you open up your body and let the ball pass through, think of Bent's goal for England. Very useful that. R2 has been a massive weapon in PEs these last two years and criminally underused.

Strange you say that, just had my last game before bed. Scored 2 crackers with Villa, using R2 to get half a yard and drill them in at keepers near side, looked very realistic.

How do you actually do things like stepovers etc. I want to be able to beat a man?

I thank you for the reply in advance, I'm off to bed!

so does the demo have full 360 degree control as Konami said it would ?
Not sure about literally 360 angles, but it sure does have more angles than before.

People can you help me? how can i download de demo from psstore? ask me about a premium account to download it...
Yes you need tp subscribe to PS Plus to get it.

how did you get the demo?
I guess he got a UK PS Plus.

Strange you say that, just had my last game before bed. Scored 2 crackers with Villa, using R2 to get half a yard and drill them in at keepers near side, looked very realistic.

How do you actually do things like stepovers etc. I want to be able to beat a man?

I thank you for the reply in advance, I'm off to bed!

The right stick does small feints, body and step-over if pushed in a direction. Hold L2 then push a direction on the right stick for skills.

Yeah sign of a classic, I feel I'm barely scratching the surface, and the football you can play when you concentrate is sublime. I cant stop smiling me. :)

There's mixed stuff on the demo it seems, Villa is already there but Ibra and Henry are still there. Not a question of code me thinks, just some omittions.

Mate, Villa moved to Barca in May :LOL: That transfer was done more than 4 months ago! Henry left in July shortly after the world cup, it's just i thought if this was a recent code from august or so. Henry wouldn't had been there, that's all.

I still really like this game and the Full version will be like we see in the demo, but better (not by a huge margin but noticeable and substantially), a few things here and there fixed with less small nagging issues me thinks! That's all :)

Will get more tomorrow night. Been playing it for 11 hours. Eyes are bleeding, thumbs are blistered...........

...............just one more go !! :CONFUSE:

BTW can somebody tell me how to skip the trailers at the end of the match?
Even stopping 5 minutes from time doesn't help.
Quitting the game means setting my controllers again...
Solution?:THINK:

This game just grows, i thought the beta was good, but this demo is better. So the full game will be fooking amazing.

How do you think the full game code will differ to this one. This is a version of the 'final code' So from when this was created until the full game all i assume they will do is simply tweak and fix errors.

I have a couple of questions.
1)Are there actually penalties in PES2011 ?
2) Are there some FKs given for some reckless challenges ?
How is refereeing in general ?

Back
Top Bottom