Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

I think it's the video settings rather than the actual graphics... I'd be surprised if they were that unrefined in real life.

Re: Nintendo DS

Activision confirmed a portable version of Guitar Hero for Nintendo DS on Wednesday while simultaneously unveiling a new peripheral add-on.

Guitar Grip add-on to play Guitar Hero DS, bookstyle

The announcement was made by IGN today revealing that the oft rumored handheld edition would be coming "this summer."

Guitar Hero: On Tour will ship with its own fret peripheral which plugs into the GameBoy Advance cartridge slot. Strums will take place on the touch screen using an included oversized pick or a default stylus. The built-in microphone will also be used, perhaps to control "Star Power," speculates IGN.

"We began prototyping ideas for Guitar Hero on DS in early 2007," said Vicarious Visions CEO Karthik Bala. "We figured that attaching a full-size guitar or even a mini-guitar would be too awkward to play on the road, hence the design of the more compact Guitar Grip, which gives you the tactile sense of the fret buttons, with the touch screen depicting the strings of the guitar."

More than 20 licensed songs have been confirmed including tracks from Nirvana, OK Go, and No Doubt. A single player campaign and local multiplayer mode have also been confirmed, but no word yet regarding online play, a specific release date, or pricing.

The game is being developed by Vicarious Visions, the same studio that forgot to include stereo sound when it made the Wii version of Guitar Hero III. The problem has since been taken care of, however, through a disc replacement program.

170468-1.jpg

guitar-hero-ds-20080318012244917-000.jpg

Last edited:

Wow, I just can't wait for this. 22 days to go. We've got it preordered, so I'll definitely be on it the day its out. Fuck. Yes.

Anyone got any Wii games recently ? I was thinking of getting sega tennis but it looks a bit dodgy... might wait for top spin.

I have a Wii and I find it a bit boring, the novelty of motion sensing wears off fast and there are hardly any good games, only crappy ones which use motion sensing as their selling point, games that would get ratings of about 3 or 4 in reviews if they were on a console without motion sensing.

Good games I've played on it:
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Wii Sports (while it lasted)
Zack & Wiki (frustrating as hell sometimes)

But when you complete Mario games, that's it. When you get stuck on Zack & Wiki, you just fell like you cant be arsed with it and Wii Sports gets very repetitive.

Dissapointed with it really.

Last edited by a moderator:

No More Heroes is a very good game.. Mario Kart is out in April.

Metroid Prime 3 is quality!

Yep I agree No More Heroes looks really good, I definitely want to buy that at some point soon. I know what Rob means with the motion sensor novelty, it does wear off with some stuff like Wii Sports, we don't play that and haven't since the first month of having the Wii. I still love the Wii though, the best game I've ever played on it is Resident Evil 4.

I bought Resident Evil:UC months ago but haven't fired it up yet. Mario Kart and a World War II shoot'em up (No more Heroes?) were going to be the next purchases but I have so little time to play that they will just suffer the same fate.

Wii Sports is still the Daddy though - I'd play the Tennis over any other game on any other format.

No more heroes isn't a war game, it could be Medal of Honor you're talking about or Call of Duty. I bought UC a few weeks back but really didn't like it, it just wasn't what I was expecting, there wasn't really that survival horror feel about it IMO. RE4 is the best RE game for Wii.

Anyone know how much it costs to send my DS to Nintendo and have them fix my broken speaker?

Square Enix appears to be refitting Chrono Trigger for DS.

Initial evidence came from scans of not-often-wrong Japanese magazine Famitsu, which was later backed by a "Countdown Site" featuring a big clock and the abbreviation "ctds" at the end of the URL.

We've no idea what the site is counting down to, but an E3 announcement is probably a reasonable guess.

Chrono Trigger is the SNES role-playing game from 1995 that had you and your party travelling through time to save the world. It had multiple endings, side-quests, character development, a funky battle system and deservedly sparked wide critical acclaim. It also had the best videogame frog ever.

Tom says it was one of the best games on the SNES.

Square Enix was unavailable for comment.

Chrono Trigger is one of my favourite games I've played, LOVED the game when I first played it a few years ago (sadly I didn't get to play it on the SNES when it was originally released).

REALLY looking forward to this!

Square Enix has gone ahead and made it official - Chrono Trigger is coming to the Nintendo DS in North America this holiday season! The game is a port of the classic Super Nintendo RPG, modified to take advantage of the DS's dual-screen presentation and touch screen functionality. They'll also be spicing things up a bit with an entirely new dungeon for the DS version, as well as wireless multiplayer battles.

I think I speak for every RPG fan ot there when I say that this is pretty much the best news I've heard all year. I can only hope that the Japanese and North American release of the game eventually leads to a version for PAL regions, who have never had the chance to play either of the Chrono titles.

Hit the jump for the official word!

:DANCE:

Chrono Trigger was one of the best games ever released. This, Final Fantasy VII and Chrono Cross are my favourite JRPG's. I think I will have to buy a Nintendo DS for this now. :applaud:

Wow... tumble weeds in here :(

I've just (re)brought a Wii as me and the missus wanted Wii Fit. Now joy in Colchester though and nothing online! Its harder to get than the bloody Wii.

Did get Mario Kart though which I think is awesome (cannot wait to try it online tomorrow) and I am actually looking forward to getting Mario Galaxy. Not normally my sort of thing, but I'm intrigued by so many glowing 10/10 reviews.

Will probably also get "No More Heroes" - but what else have I missed out on since I swapped my last Wii for a 360 at the back end of last year?

My parents managed to pick up Wii Fit after I got lucky and found someone selling it for £80 in Warrington (close to my parents). Not bad really, £10 more than it sells in the shops and it was pretty much new.

It's a decent game but I can see where the novelty might wear off for some people.

Just picked it up for retail price at a branch of 'Smyths Toys' in Romford!

Happy days... I'll get Mario Galaxy later.

Is the Freeloader worth getting?

I wanna get MLB Power Pros from America, but dont know if the Freeloader or Chipping is best?

Back
Top Bottom