Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii

my wiikeyed wii dead today.
when open to clean pick-up lense i mistake cutting some cables...
damn it....

ill buy new wii and flash with new chip next month.
can i play virtual console games on new console?

my wiikeyed wii dead today.
when open to clean pick-up lense i mistake cutting some cables...
damn it....

ill buy new wii and flash with new chip next month.
can i play virtual console games on new console?

I don't see why not - but I'm no expert.

Talking of VC, Anyone got any idea when Mario Kart (SNES) will come out?

I've also heard positive rumours that Goldeneye will eventually become available (although no time soon).

I think Mario Kart will probably come on the VC when the Wii Mario Kart is released.

They've tended to release the relevant VC game 2-3 weeks before the proper game, almost as a teaser.

I dunno about Goldeneye coming out, I'd love to see it (and the N64 Perfect Dark) but they are owned by Rare, which is now pretty much 360 Only so I think those games might not make it to VC (I know donkey kong SNES made by Rare did make the VC, but I think Rare had some agreement post 1996 that meant non-Nintendo driven games wont come out).

By the way what VC games do people play ? I tend to play Super Street Fighter II and Waverace a lot.

Getting my Wii online has been a major ballache so I haven't played any yet.

MarioKart SNES is when I concentrate on it.

I'll see if I can find the article re. RARE and Microsoft.

Re: Nintendo DS

So what games are you guys playing at the moment? I've just picked up my DS and can't be bothered with any of the games for some reason, even Phoenix Wright doesn't interest me too much :(

The Professor Layton game is supposed to be very good, I'll probably get that.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I like this type of game, it's fun.
And PES 2008, even if it's the same as 2007.

i bought junk Wii then got a cable and repair broken Wii.
got work well now :)

Mario Kart 64 had released in Japan.
how about in US/EU?

Last edited:

MarioKart 64 is available, but not SNES. That's the one I'm waiting for.

Here is the article I read about Goldeneye:

Xbox Evolved Rumor Knock-out! Xbox Evolved follows up on some rumors about a certain Rareware FPS, gets info about the fate of the Xbox 360 HD DVD player, price drops for the Xbox 360, and more. by: John Olin
February 03, 2008

Goldeneye 007 = “Bean Project”
So a few weeks ago Xbox Evolved reported on rumors of Goldeneye 007 coming to Xbox Live Arcade courtesy of Rareware. Since then, there have been enough petitions and sites out there doing follow-ups that we believe the rumor earned even more research and limelight. First, I must apologize that we were slightly “misinformed” on the terms of how the title will be released, but nonetheless we guarantee that it does not only exist in one form, but at least two.

No, I’m not talking about a version for Wii’s counterpart to Live Arcade, I am talking about a completely different FPS created by Rareware using the same engine, and many of the same elements. One of our sources has revealed to us a few screenshots of the upcoming game, and the icon that you see for the game’s info in the dashboard is that of the PDZ Joanna Dark for placeholder purposes, but the games title is not Goldeneye 007; it is instead “Bean Project”. The source wouldn’t give much reason for this, but he advised it would be in our best interest not to post the screens online; instead we are opting to take them as what they are. They appear to be 100% legitimate, with the game looking very similar to Goldeneye, although some models, and other parts of the game are a bit different. The achievements for the game seem to fit also, one is for becoming a ‘00’ agent, another for ‘007’ and another for the now infamous silo mission.

So why is Rareware doing this? Well essentially, if talks between Nintendo and Microsoft boil over, then they will continue with this. For now, Microsoft and Rareware are offering to allow Goldeneye 007 on Wii while the game goes on XBLA with no legal ramifications to either side with the catch that Rareware will have nothing to do with the porting of the game to the Nintendo Wii, instead Nintendo may outsource one of the many new “Wiiware” developers that are developing original titles for the console set to be released later this year. Microsoft and Nintendo have failed to comment on the matter, however an Activision rep did put in his two cents:

”We have nothing to do with a Goldeneye 007 game, I would think that is Nintendo and Microsoft’s deal.”

We will have more on this story, and hopefully we can be playing Goldeneye 007 on 360 later this year.

So what games are you guys playing at the moment? I've just picked up my DS and can't be bothered with any of the games for some reason, even Phoenix Wright doesn't interest me too much :(

The Professor Layton game is supposed to be very good, I'll probably get that.

What about Assasins Creed? That sounds good - be worth a go for the novelty.

My DS is *ahem* offline at the moment, so not really played much the last month or so...

AC seems to be like Prince Of Persia but not as good it seems :( Might try it and see anyway.

Professor Layton seems pretty good after 30 mins or so, puzzle games are quality :D

The Professor Layton game is definately good if you like puzzles!

From the review I read of Bomberman 2, it's a different story with a FEW different puzzles but with lots of puzzles from the first game re-used.

two new games. professor layton which is awesome and space invaders extreme which is fcuking awesome!!

my portable game of the year so far...

I've been playing through Super Mario 64 DS again for the trillionth time, I love it so much. Also me and proxi have been addicted to one of the shell minigames too. Though sometimes it makes me want to launch the thing at the nearest wall. Thanks Nintendo.:LOL:

I've been playing through Super Mario 64 DS again for the trillionth time, I love it so much. Also me and proxi have been addicted to one of the shell minigames too. Though sometimes it makes me want to launch the thing at the nearest wall. Thanks Nintendo.:LOL:

Super Mario 64 can never be boring! I get that out every few months and do few levels. classic game!!

A Freeloader that allows the playing of non-PAL Wii games on a PAL Wii is finally coming out!

Codejunkies UK just updated their site, announcing that very soon a Freeloader for Wii will be released, which allows PAL Wii owners to play other region games (such as NTSC) without resorting to mod-chips or any other warranty-busting prodcuts. Just put the Freeloader in the disc drive and swap it for the game disc.

The Freeloader also allows non-PAL Wii consoles to support PAL games and it works with Gamecube discs too! Great news all arround, especially with no date in sight for Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

source: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11565

I can finally get guitar hero III for my Japanese Wii. :)

Game of the year : Professor Layton !

Great game, I couldn't stop playing during the week. I've finished the game in over 10 hours but still need to find 20 puzzles. Some of the puzzles were very, very difficult (most of the time when the answer was simple).

Game of the year : Professor Layton !

Great game, I couldn't stop playing during the week. I've finished the game in over 10 hours but still need to find 20 puzzles. Some of the puzzles were very, very difficult (most of the time when the answer was simple).

Yes Tuta. Layton is brilliant! hopefully the 2nd game comes out not too long after the japanese version.

Good old Majesco is to follow up the inexplicable success of baking sim Cake Mania with a new DS title based around the thrilling experience of childcare.

Babysitting Mania will task players with handling "unruly kids, lists of chores and out-of-control houses", according to the press release. All "without losing their cool" - they probably mean without shouting rather without closing the windows and turning the gas on. There are 100 levels set in 20 houses to play through, and you'll have to care for all ages from babies and toddlers right up to teenagers.

"Players will use the touch-screen to manage every aspect of the household with speed and precision, rrom strategically employing 'Timeouts' to overseeing bonus birthday party levels that add neighbourhood party guests to the mania," apparently.

The game is the sequel to Nanny Mania, a PC game which has been downloaded more than 7 million times. You can play a free hour-long demo courtesy of BigFishGames.

Babysitting Mania is scheduled for a late 2008 release.

:w00t:

Back
Top Bottom