NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

Finally got my hands on 2k12 after price drops here, and I have to say the game is really different from 2k11...

To each its own, 2k12 fixes some problems 2k11 has, but also creates its own problems in the games as well...

Started My Player mode, liking the looks of it...not a fan of being drafted by Knicks, and D'antoni doesn't trust me yet as I only play like <6 minutes in the 1st and 3rd quarter only (2 games in only...haha, nice to play with Amare and Melo though...)

just got for ps will install later.

amybe try online if anyoones on pc?
Online Mode is shit and already for a long time. :))
In 2k11 you had to play on the lowest settings which makes the
game look like NBA Live 94 and it lagged as hell. In 2k12 you
can't even connect to an opponent, I tried it about 20 times
but it never connected me to anyone.

Online Mode is shit and already for a long time. :))
In 2k11 you had to play on the lowest settings which makes the
game look like NBA Live 94 and it lagged as hell. In 2k12 you
can't even connect to an opponent, I tried it about 20 times
but it never connected me to anyone.

on pc or console or both?

just plaed it said nye game lol...had new years eve celebrations and game menu etc..pretty cool.

As for game. I mean its same as all nba 2k games. very nice looking, plays well but at end of day like Madden its not a game im gonna play much.

So how can people rate this game as the best sports Game when online don't work? .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Online does work, assuming you`re playing on the 360 or PS3. NBA 2K12 online play is a blast. Definitely my favorite sports game to play online this year, and by quite some distance.

well i tried online on pc via quick match and at the time there was 3000 people online but couldnt connect and play someone. this was at 3am though

Is the DLC a worthy purchase?

When you guys play the game, does the 2K music suddenly stop?

I have to say tha t I've been terribly dispointed with this game. Gameplay in associatin may be the worst in years in this franchise. The stupib am,ount of unfairness and literally cheats has totally destroyed what was once a very enjoyful experience. I've played the same game 6 times in a row, with my OKC against 76ers and it's an ansolute joke of a mess.

The most pathetic thing is that movement is again below standards in this game. Defenders move lime idiots amd slow amd trying to stop any driving player is lame. Turner and Iguodala can percolate my deffense at will whe. They need to. It's all the time the same, they get through 2 or 3 players as if they weren't there to score. It's infuriating and I play for fun, not to get cheated again and again.

The buing has now reached absurd leve,s. You will bump with everybody when you're on offense, it doesn't matter if it's a pg or a c, you bumpwith them and you even stumble. It seems all the opponents are hulk-strong. On the pther side, your defenders have a mass and a radius of 1 pixel, so holiday can get through all my players as if in a picnic. VERY ANNOYING.

But there's more, and it gets worse. Plays now are poorly executed and your AI teammates will hardly find positions to shoot or they will go away when you want to pass them. Compared to previous installments, in my oppinion the AI is clearly worse. It's a mess. Ost of the time, and I can't play the great nice bball I was used with this game.

It doesn't help that they have totally destroyed passing. It's not only that CPU have psychic powers, it's also that your players pass melons, not bballs. It's very sad to see how they have broken this aspect of the game with horrible lobs and absurd decisions on passes.

But there's still more new bullshit. Now defenders, don't matter their mass, inertia or position, they can all perform a kind of teleporting to a place to block. Recover position or cut a pass. It looks awful, feels awful and the responsibles should be sacked. This combined with the speed catching up transform this game into a charade. Very very surprised to see the game in this state. Speed cathing up? WTF is this, an arcade racer?

But then there's the usual crap biase of the game towards the cpu. Loose balls end up in their hands 90 percent of the time, not matter how. And when they need the points, it doesnt matter how, they score and you're fucked up. Just like that. It had always had a little of this, but now what I'm experiencing is devastating. I turned on the shot info. In a quarter, the CPU didn't have a single shot better than a c+? And guess what? They had 78% shooting! WTF! The kept scoring shots that were even an F. Compared to that, I had a series of 1/10 shots in which my worst shot was a B-. WTF! That's disgusting.

I always feared at some time it would explode in their hands, but this is too much. The game hardcodes when the CPU will rally and when you're going to fail NO MATTER WHAT. That is the last thing I expect from a sports game. It has no sense to play something like that. In the last 5 minutes, the cou will literally score anything, while you're left missing even layups! It's that bad. I just lost a match against the sixers for the sixth time in a row, all of them by less than 6 points and in all of them my open shots in the last quarter go down to 20%. Durant and Westbrook missing easy layups by no reason. Ibama missing a dunk, and having a glowing 0/8 on 3 pointers, all of them open shots with Westbrook, Durant and Love.Yes, I traded Harden and Perkins for Gordon and Love. But it makes no sense as Any of them is unable to score in the last quarter.

I would understand it if I was Miami, but which is the bloody reason why the CPU has ALWAYS an impressive end of the match and I'm left missing everything? The matches are always the same, and they have destroyed the feeling of randomness I had with it.

Yes, I can lower the difficulty and edit sliders for hours until I win. But that doesn't change anything. It's absurd to move sliders until I can win. I want to win because I choose better than the cou, and this doesn't happen.

My teammates AI are idiots compared to the cpu ai, as it's a trend in sports games. It's cheap and I hate footy games for it. And this once great game ressembles more and more footy games. Stats are there? Why centers can fucking drive the ball coast to coast as if they were PGs? Why Holidays can grab 3 consecutive rebounds when I have Love, Ibaka and Durant there? Why it's always all such a last second drama?

The conclusion may e why can't I enjoy this game? Are they loosing it? Have they lost it? There are too many things wrong and the game is clearly unbalanced. Even some options don't work. I chosed not to have replays or cuts of any kind, but they show anyway! Sloppy game, 2K, unless I'm missing a great bunch of things. But by default, the game is a turd for me in superstar difficulty. And I fear moving to Pro and winning all matches.

True dat,

But to be honest 2K11 was also like this for me, a very cheating AI not as much as 2K12 but still frustrating, the thing is that I was new to modern 2K games and I had soooo much patience.

Which is not the case right now, but I don't see that many problems with sliders and clutch off, as matter of fact I understand the sliders better now, and I found a very satisfying gameplay, far from realistic though, but at least balanced.

And yes its absurd that you have to tweak the gameplay to enjoy, default one is made to have buzzer beaters and exciting momments, games will always be close, ridiculous indeed.

What makes me suspicious is that, instead of improving your teammates AI, they have just put more hardcoded bullshit in the game. I can't stand this. I fear this franchise past its peek 1 or 2 years ago and is now going down. It's still a quality game and it's vastly superior to current footy games, but that's just another reason not to have all this bullshit in the game. I have to spend literally weeks to find the right balance and wear the cheats as much as I can. It shouldn't be like that, at all.

After having played all 2K games in this generation, I've grown very impatient with this things. Up to now it wasn't that important because the improvements to the game (passing, AI, plays) were always balancing the experience. It's the first year that they have broken things by default in order to assure a balanced scoreline, such as plays and passing.

It'a lonely at the top, they need EA to step up this year.

I'm getting close to the point of no return with this game, the same loading issues from 2K11 are present, the bloody game won't load properly.

:BRICK:

tumblr_lz267mJuZt1r7tffzo1_500.jpg

Started a 29 game Association with Dallas. Lost my first two games by ~15 points so I knocked the difficulty down to Pro. Won the next 2 and then barely lost to the Knicks.

Can anyone explain how to improve my team? For example, Jason Kidd is very old so I'll be needing a new PG soon but you can't just buy people like in football. I'm not sure how to work the trade system so I don't end up weakening my team.

use the new trade finder feature. Works well. You better keep Kidd, though. He may not be fast, but experience and passing counts a lot. But if you want fresh meat, look for Jennings or Evans. you could also trade Carter for some young gun, though what Dallas needs is a solid center!

Yeah I'm definitely keeping Kidd but I wonder how many more seasons I can get out of him. PG and Center are the two positions I need to shore up. I'm starting to think Dallas wasn't that great a choice for my first time playing Association since so many of their players are the wrong side of 30, perhaps I'd have been better off with a younger team where I wouldn't have had to worry about finding replacements.

Give Roddy Beubouis (?) good minutes against certain opposition, he's awesome.

See what GS will want for Curry.

Back
Top Bottom