NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

After almost two months of absence I've started to play this game again, started a new my player from scratch with good roster and rookies.
And have to say its been the best 8 games I've ever played in my player, counting 2k11.
But I'm not deluded I know the CPU starts to cheese after your player starts to get good, so I'll probably only play one season and go back to a game mode with sliders.
Was there a patch or something in this 2 months? I mean some major problems still there, such as speed catching up, way too many blocked layups and everyone defending you the same way no matter how big.
But on those first season games it just play so right and if you have patience you can avoid those major issues. I also played the tutorial mode again and that helped get in good shape for beating defenders and choose the right shot, its a must play mode for hardcore players, even if it looks boring.

I need new sliders, the one I'm using now is resulting is very low scoring games.

I need new sliders, the one I'm using now is resulting is very low scoring games.

Actually, I also do want a new sliders set, definitely want to experiment something new.

Shame the damn 2K company for not release a new update. C'mon guys, Lin deserves a fix! He is breaking NBA history and is still rated at 56? Man, must fix it myself. So, 98 or 99 overall?

Actually, I also do want a new sliders set, definitely want to experiment something new.

Shame the damn 2K company for not release a new update. C'mon guys, Lin deserves a fix! He is breaking NBA history and is still rated at 56? Man, must fix it myself. So, 98 or 99 overall?

Let's relax on Lin....

:LOL: I know, I know, just can't get enough of Linsanity! Nevertheless, he really deserves an update. Every time I get him to the rim he misses the lay up. It's stressful! :(

To me, after watching him in 2 matches, Lin should be in the upper 70s rating, but not higher. He's not great in terms of skill or even IQ, but the lack of skill or genius he compensates with quickness, effort and determination. Those are the main stats that should be up to 90s and should make him an interesting player in the game.

That's how I see it, but I haven't seen all his games, TSO. How would you describe him in terms of stats?

I would say 75 overall drek. Agree with everything you said besides the lack of skill. Imo, he handles the ball pretty well for a young PG. Btw, he has a pretty decent basketball IQ albeit not great. For instance, against the Lakers we were up by 10 with 3 or 4 minutes to go and all you expect from a PG is to set a slow pace and manage the clock. Instead he ran like a crazy into the rim which means the Knicks wasted less time than they should allowing LA to bounce back. Nevertheless I think he can manage this aspect, he's a very smart player so I'm quite sure he will develop his IQ.

He must train his jump shoot as well. Let's be honest, those 3 he hit against Utah and LA were lucky shoots. Lin is very good laying the ball up but he lacks the very need jump shoot skill for a PG.

2K should update his pass ability too. I don't have his numbers with me but I guess he's averaging 8 assists per game. Despite of that fact, Lin's pass skills are outstanding. He has great court vision (e.g. Novak's 3pts are mainly result of his passes,) he uses to find wide open teammates to nail the ball. That said, 8 assists per game seems little but keep in mind that Jeremy was working with players like Jeffries and Billy Walker... Enough said.

Moreover, Lin displayed a lot more athleticism than is typical in a young gun. He's averaging high rates of steals and free throw attempts, and high rates of blocks and rebounds for a player of his size. I'm expecting good stamina attributes as well.

Let me add just one negative note. Lin is a turnover machine (6 or 8 TOs against Minny I guess).

Last edited:
Common guys 2K ain't updating nothing, they promissed to update even the players looks and so far they have not done much.

I get that Knicks fans are annoying :P but they could fix more important things in my opinion.

And edit the ratings yourself TSO! 97 seems fair :P

Apparently they are working on PS3 issue and they won't release an update until they solve that.

Ronnie 2K 2K12 @Ronnie2K
.@Lilgucci2 We can't do roster updates until this PS3 Loading Screen issue is resolved. Sorry JLin fans.

Jeremy Lin fix should be the top priority at this point! NYC + China = World domination :RANT:

You hate the Knicks.
facepalmjx_icon.gif

Actually Ronnie announced they will decrease Amare's stats. :LOL:

Sorry amigo is just that my first my player was a Knicks SG and Melo took every shot he could get, then I asked for a trade and ended up in the damn Lakers where Kobe did the same. A couple of games later Knicks traded Melo :CURSE: that's why I hate them.

Now I've started all over again and I'm a Golden State PG :D Me, Steph and Monta are too fast! Someone is gonna go when I become better though.

Depends really.

How much did you liked 2K11, most important what did you liked in 2K11?

Cause 2K12 ain't that better than the previous, as a matter of fact some things are worse and some of those things are annoying.

Not that 2K11 is perfect in my opinion, heck I hate how the AI there abuse every tiny slip you have. The whole defense is based on shot contesting and you have to glue to the opposite player no matter what, if you blink that's who they'll pass if you know what I'm saying.
Which isn't the case now, but that made AI score some weird baskets, they totally over abuse fake post shots or pivot moves whatever the hell thats called and AI cheating is cheaper as well, get ready for forced turnovers, weird steals and blocks everywhere.

But I love both games most of the time.

Is this worth getting over 2k11?

Yes, only if they update Lin.

Jokes apart, pretty much what sauce said. I would also recommend you to go back to page 9 and read drekkard's long post about some of the issues regarding the game. Once again, it's up to you, depends if you really love basketball. There positive and negative things on both games.

Hey guys, what about the sliders? Tobi and I we're asking this before.

I play with sliders done by myself, and switching between allstar and professional depending on the opposition. I will try to share them later in case anyone is interested!

Depends really.

How much did you liked 2K11, most important what did you liked in 2K11?

Cause 2K12 ain't that better than the previous, as a matter of fact some things are worse and some of those things are annoying.

Not that 2K11 is perfect in my opinion, heck I hate how the AI there abuse every tiny slip you have. The whole defense is based on shot contesting and you have to glue to the opposite player no matter what, if you blink that's who they'll pass if you know what I'm saying.
Which isn't the case now, but that made AI score some weird baskets, they totally over abuse fake post shots or pivot moves whatever the hell thats called and AI cheating is cheaper as well, get ready for forced turnovers, weird steals and blocks everywhere.

But I love both games most of the time.

Yes, only if they update Lin.

Jokes apart, pretty much what sauce said. I would also recommend you to go back to page 9 and read drekkard's long post about some of the issues regarding the game. Once again, it's up to you, depends if you really love basketball. There positive and negative things on both games.

Well, I don't play My Player & I tend to play association with realistic sliders & updated tendencies/plays for all teams. Usually download stuff off OperationSports. 2k11 is good but it's pretty linear as to what you can do on both ends of the floor.

May invest in this at the weekend.

Well, I don't play My Player & I tend to play association with realistic sliders & updated tendencies/plays for all teams. Usually download stuff off OperationSports. 2k11 is good but it's pretty linear as to what you can do on both ends of the floor.

May invest in this at the weekend.

Oh then I recommend 2K12, thats pretty much how I play as well, and I think 12 is better in this aspect, theres a bigger variety in both offense and defense.

Hey, you put Lin there! Congratulations! Nice pic, I watched him for a while last night and ditched a lot of assists! He needs to lower the amount of turnovers, but other than that I don't remember a similar case in the NBA in a lot of time, probably ever.

It wouldn't be a mad thing for the knicks to trade Melo and surround Lin with other players that suit him! I would do it, it's obvious that Melo won't make a team work despite his points!

Last edited:
I think that now is the best time to remember what Stern decision meant for the Hornets. Probably the Hornets fans are really pissed off. I have watched 2 matches of them this season and they look embarrassing. Not as much as Charlotte, but almost!

They could have had Martin, Scola, Odom and Dragic (and probably even another player) instead of Gordon this summer. I think the Hornets fans would have liked that team more than the current, and so would I. So, what was Stern considering when they forbid the trade "for basketball reasons"?

Clearly the value of the Hornets can only go down if they persist in this path. Or maybe I don't get it at all?

"The Trade Revisited" - directed by David Stern

I think the Hornets are in the right way. Actually, the trade looks even better. So, Gordon is out which means they will be able to re-sign him for less preserving cap space. That also means that the Hornets are in pole position to tank. Furthermore, it seems that Minnesota will miss the playoffs. Therefore, NO will have two lottery picks in the most talented Draft since 2003. So, future looks bright to New Orleans or hum... Seattle? Yes, Seattle council is going to build a new arena and the Hornets could possibly be relocated there.

IIII thiiiiiiink theeeeee kniiiiiiiicks shooooouuuuuuuld traaaaaaaadeeeee meeeeeeeeloooooo.

:LMAO: Oh man, you made my day! Never thought you'd write this way!

Weeee wooonttt traaaadeeeeeee mEEEEEEllllo coozz iiis froooom Brooooklyyyyn tooold yaa bro. Meeeeellos da gaaawwwd!

JR Smith iiinnn daaa hooouseee toooooo!

brawl.jpg

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom