NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

MP is better this year, it still needs a lot of work, the logic is once again non existent but its better.

I'm having a good time as a 6'11 (athletic) PF for the 76ers but I do miss being a PG though, especially when I watch our primary ball handlers miss an obvious pass.

I haven't started the old school stuff yet but I will eventually.

It started to cheat me again that stupid MP mode that I just rage quit a game.

It all goes fine until you start to win too much and improve your player, as soon as I got the starting position it all went nonsense.

The level of cheating is insane this year. OKC just scored 40 points in a quarter with ridiculous speed, I mean you could really see how determined the CPU was to tie the game, it felt like they were 2 times faster than us, stealing every balls and scoring in 5 seconds.

Screw this I'm playing association again.

Lind.png

I can beat that, in my MP game Barak Obama is new head coach of LA Clippers.

Hey sauce, it happens to me now and then as well, and I also had 2 YLOD with 2k in the console...

I don't know if you're playing only in PS3, but I found that when the system looses connection to PSN, no matter what are you playing the game sort of crashes and freezes for up to 2 minutes. But sometimes it comes back.

The only solutions I've found are:

1- Always disconnect from PSN when I play single player modes
2- Never never never save a match in progress and resume it. Always start matches from zero.
3- Never play more than 2 matches in a single session.

It's sad, but since I began doing this it never froze.

Been playing My Player tonight with these rosters & playbooks (took forever to edit it all :LOL:). Been WELL worth it so far.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-nba-2k12-sim-world-roster-project-360-a.html

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...aft-playbooks-done-synergy-scouted-plays.html

I'll post up more details about my player later.

I've been updating my game (huge difference) and I'm going to start MP again and go back to being a PG, I miss being in control.

Also its ridiculous that the game launches with incorrect playbooks

:COOL: I say it's a fake

What you say? Man, I took hours understanding how to play with Lin, this buzzer was icing on the cake. :)

Looking at the vid, there's something 2K needs to improve for 2013: crowd animations. You score a lovely buzzer and guys at crowd were like "ok, nice one, keep going". C'mon 2K, you gotta do better! You know, if Lin nailed a buzzer beater at the Garden Spike Lee would have jumped his seat and kiss the asian guy. :D

I've been updating my game (huge difference) and I'm going to start MP again and go back to being a PG, I miss being in control.

Also its ridiculous that the game launches with incorrect playbooks

Tell me about it, I'm so fucked off. I edited most all of the teams & they've reset. :TTTH:

I'm hoping someone on OS uploads the SiM-WoRLD Roster with vanwolf's playbooks.

Mine reset too, I thought it was something I did.

In general there is something wrong with how the 2K games load, save and read data/disk.

Hey drekk thanks for the answer man, but turns out my problem was much more serious, I could not even load any mode.

I've realized 2K knew about the problem though and thats what the yesterday patch fixed.

But yes from now on I'll do those things you said and I will turn off auto save, cause it slows down the game as well which causes the freezes, problem is to play an intense match then forget to save :P

Spent two hours editing some playbooks yesterday, this morning they've reset AGAIN.

:BRICK:

On OS someone suggested renaming the roster file, I think it's time I off auto save.

I'm back on My Player cause I was gonna wait the trade deadline to go back to Association.

And oh boy do I hate that mode, but now its a hate/love thing, cause I forget I'm playing basketball and I go into 'supercompetitivecursewordsmode' when I play it.

I'm going as low as the CPU, I'm abusing gameplay holes, playing like a kid playing in a fight game at a super low level, you know those that only have one move.

And its rewarding to beat that scumbag CPU, that I give them credit.

Its not basketball its a psychopath mode.

I wanna beat the CPU like in GTA, when you kick them dead bodies on the floor and steals all their money. :TWIST:

Last edited:
I started again, played three games last night and it feels good.

All the teams run plays and I'm in control of the Pacers offense, lovely.

I also started Association again now that my play books are up to date.

I started again, played three games last night and it feels good.

All the teams run plays and I'm in control of the Pacers offense, lovely.

I also started Association again now that my play books are up to date.

what sliders and rosters you using bro?

Where did you take the playbooks from?

i wanted to share my sliders only to find out I really didnt like my game as it was. What sliders are you using Tobi?

I'm using Tomba's sliders, can't find the right link.

Play books that StuartCulli linked to a few pages back - East and West.

Some of the players default play types (mid range, iso etc) are ridiculous.

For each player, in the 1-4 list, a lot of play types are either in the wrong order or simply wrong. It all adds up and made the CPU players do uncharacteristic things.

I swapped Ronie Price for the Wizards 2013 second round pick and I got Wesley Johnson for Hakim Warrick and that pick.

I've now got $2m in cap space, hopefully that will help me out in the off season when I target a 'difference maker'.

Hoping to tie down Nash during the season too, already turned down two offers for him.

Anyone interested in a current season file with all the updated transactions as of March 20? It would be similar to the file I uploaded last year. Tendency, signature, accessory, shot location, and attribute updates using information from hoopdata for the 2011/2012 season.

Of course, I plan on starting a new Association. After I finish my first year in My Fuckin Player.
I already played two Associations, one was with your players in prime file and it was good, way better than default mode.

After I finish my first year in My Fuckin Player.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :RANT::RANT::RANT::RANT:

Dat Mode! Just had a 36% shooting game in the 2nd game of the playoff.

I could not score one bloody jump shot, awful cheesing cpu not to mention I lost the damn starting role, then I got subbed of in the 4th quarter when we were winning by 5 just so the sim made we loose by 4!

Its so damn difficult to win in My Player I kinda of liking it.

Back
Top Bottom