NBA 2K12 - The G.O.A.T. Revisited

i stick to nba 2k11, provided i will find some roster file on the 2k forum.

nba2k11 is such an immense game gameplaywise that i think i won't bother untill next gen to buy a basketball game.

A lot of things were improved but the major one still happens, cpu clutch is still INSANE,
GS just came back from 10pt in the 4th quarter with Monta scoring a 3pt at buzzer in my face.

Your player still gets way over involved in the game, its always you on your play and at you on the cpu plays.
And speed issue still there, there are plays that you just know someone will come from across the court to block your easy fastbreak layup,
Yes you can never dunk cause they always catch you up to stay in front of you. My dunk is like 75 and I can't jump over Steph Curry.

But its not all lost, passing is better, stealing is better, and cpu dont run same plays over and over anymore.
At least I got all that in the 1st game, lets see how it goes in future tries.

Oh almost forgot, audio got bugged after a timeout and the game froze the system after I pressed quit, dont even know if the 12min quarter game counted :FACEPALM:

:RANT: My Player I'll go play Association.

Last edited:
Make sure you`re playing with clutch factor off sauce. I agree about my player. There is something off about it. I just can`t get into it. I want to try the legend my player before I write this feature off. See if there is anything different. On another note. Would anybody be interested in a current roster with all the rookies? No 'players in their prime' stuff. Just current tendencies, signature styles etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the patch, I have been experiencing ball physics issues. For example, when my PG is running full pelt the ball at times reacts as if it's on a string like a Yo-Yo. Other times it behaves unrealistically when it hits the rim as the ball bounces 30ft into the air like a rubber ball. And other times the ball just moves unrealistically fast when it leaves the floor and into the player's hands.

This has ruined the whole experience for me. I might just remove this patch and go back to the pre-patch gameplay.

Poorly played, TSO, poorly played... Wait, you were the defender, right? :P

Hey, it's a great play, I am waiting to the start of the season to start my association, and I'll try this kind of plays. It's hard to pull out from that distance? I've never tried it from that long, I think. Obviously with a great passer and a great dunker it must be easier.

By the way, I expected you to play with the knicks... :R1

why? get 2k12. i dont understand why anyone would get an old version of a sports games as generally 9/10 times the newer edition is always better

why? get 2k12. i dont understand why anyone would get an old version of a sports games as generally 9/10 times the newer edition is always better

Reviews seem to state its same game just new rosters?

Im not sure ill like it so its only 13 quid for 2k11 but 28 quid for 2k12

gameplay wise a lot of people think 2011 is superior actually. Personally i own 2k11 and rented 2k12, 95% gameplay is the same. 2k12 have some slightly nicer visual, smoother animations and a greater selection of classic teams.

roster in nba2k11 is updated actually (today i played a game and i noticed the roster had been altered actually, very nice from 2k!! or at least i think so...shaquille wasn't in the celtics any longer!).

my 2 cents: get 2k11 now, learn a few tricks and if u really enjoy it u can buy nk12 in 2-3 months when it will be supercheap.

Both games are superb anyway. u can't go wrong. the presentation is light years ahed of any other sport game.

gameplay wise a lot of people think 2011 is superior actually. Personally i own 2k11 and rented 2k12, 95% gameplay is the same. 2k12 have some slightly nicer visual, smoother animations and a greater selection of classic teams.

roster in nba2k11 is updated actually (today i played a game and i noticed the roster had been altered actually, very nice from 2k!! or at least i think so...shaquille wasn't in the celtics any longer!).

my 2 cents: get 2k11 now, learn a few tricks and if u really enjoy it u can buy nk12 in 2-3 months when it will be supercheap.

Both games are superb anyway. u can't go wrong. the presentation is light years ahed of any other sport game.

cool but pc or ps3?

someone said earlier ps3 is better but i get better gfx on pc off course

nice! HOW DO U DO IT?

Poorly played, TSO, poorly played... Wait, you were the defender, right? :P

Hey, it's a great play, I am waiting to the start of the season to start my association, and I'll try this kind of plays. It's hard to pull out from that distance? I've never tried it from that long, I think. Obviously with a great passer and a great dunker it must be easier.

By the way, I expected you to play with the knicks... :R1

My Defense > Knicks Defense :COOL:

Actually, my game style fits better with the Clippers rather than the Knicks. Why? Because I like to run the point with a great shooter and passer PG like Chris Paul. The Knicks have arguably the best frontcourt in the whole NBA but I prefer to build my game from a good backcourt. I still play most of the time with NY of course although I find hard to develop my game with the f'n Toney Douglas running the point! :RANT: Anyway, I guess I have to train the post moves a bit more.

Regarding to the alley-oop, it isn't that hard guys! Basically, Alexis said it all: all you need is a good passer, a super dunker and a perfect timming to set the move. Distance isn't a problem when you have CP3 and Blake Griffin, just need to watch Blake approaching the rim and pull the trigger! Easier than you thought (well, must confess, tried it a lot of times and... forget about it! :COAT:)!

This basically. If 2k didn`t make a bunch of graphical improvements and add all those classic teams and players I would still be playing 2k11. Not sure how they are going top 2k12. Double the amount of legend teams? Add the 2001 Lakers, 2004 Pistons etc. More multiple versions of players? Rookie Iverson, Steve Francis, Derrick Coleman, Stoudamire, etc.

This basically. If 2k didn`t make a bunch of graphical improvements and add all those classic teams and players I would still be playing 2k11. Not sure how they are going top 2k12. Double the amount of legend teams? Add the 2001 Lakers, 2004 Pistons etc. More multiple versions of players? Rookie Iverson, Steve Francis, Derrick Coleman, Stoudamire, etc.

EA will be back next year so both had better come up with something.

wrong in what? how am i wrong? the game costs only £12 brand new on pc, has mods and looks better on pc then the console version.

mate, it has been stated over and over that 2k dumbend down the graphics and textures on the pc version, mods? why do i need mods for 2k? to do exactly what? 2k share has pretty much anything %90 of nba fans want.. I dont want euro league teams just as much as you wouldnt want MLS teams in PES... LOL
you are correct on the price point.

mate, it has been stated over and over that 2k dumbend down the graphics and textures on the pc version, mods? why do i need mods for 2k? to do exactly what? 2k share has pretty much anything %90 of nba fans want.. I dont want euro league teams just as much as you wouldnt want MLS teams in PES... LOL
you are correct on the price point.

well someone has justs aid there is a mod that echances the graphics that looks a lot better then teh console version so your point is mute. Both points actually as you said "why do i need mods for 2k" Well you just answered it yourself

Back
Top Bottom