Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Also just to add they reckon current Xbox 360 titles are only using 4.5GB of the disc? how an earth have they come to this conclusion? have any of you guys looked at the disc to see how much has been written to?!! most of them only have a small section near the end of the disc which hasnt been written to so either its been packed with Dummy Files (A LA PS2 style discs) or the games are bigger... hmmmm food for thought I think.

DJ

do you need windows xp service pack 2,to use windows media connect,because i have service 1, and windows media connect is not working??

only1tevez said:
do you need windows xp service pack 2,to use windows media connect,because i have service 1, and windows media connect is not working??
Yes and you need NET.framework V1.1

ok cheers
,cause i tryed installing the service pack 2 and it screwed up xp,i hade to install xp again it took ages :<,ill download that now,and now its unactivated so ill do that when 30 days are up coause i tryed activiating it and it keeps freezing,wierd

Last edited by a moderator:

Very odd for SP2 to mess up XP.... Wonder what element of XP screwed up? I had no trouble with the migration from SP1 to SP2.

DJ

what happened, i installed it,then it said restart the pc so i did then when its started up a message, cant remeber what it said though,but i hade to boot the disc with xp and install xp again to get it to work.
it was wierd,ive installed the net 1.1 so im going to do the pack tommorow

Weird mate, I spose now the process is easier coz you install XP from scratch and then Whack on SP2 before doing anything else.

DJ

im going to do that latter, got big exam tommorow:shock:

cheers,its the gnvq ict test,it should be kinda easy,when is the fight night game coming out??? and is there a story mode in the game???

i installed the net 1.1 thing,then the service pack 2,it worked, so i instlaled the wmc is it a program or something ive installe dit and ther eis no program there

only1tevez said:
i installed the net 1.1 thing,then the service pack 2,it worked, so i instlaled the wmc is it a program or something ive installe dit and ther eis no program there
huh?

sorry about that,i have installed everything,so i go to,start-controll panal,then windows media connect,it saids, what devise do you want to allow accsess to,but i cant click anything there,can you help me on this part please

only1tevez said:
sorry about that,i have installed everything,so i go to,start-controll panal,then windows media connect,it saids, what devise do you want to allow accsess to,but i cant click anything there,can you help me on this part please

You need to activate it on your 360 as well, that is providing you have it all wired up right

You got to have your Xbox 360 at the PC Setup screen and then they will establish a connection with each other.

Milanista ive asked this on Xbox-Scene Forums and its crap.... Im afraid you cannot copy MP3's across to your 360 HD.

Happy CD Ripping :(

DJ

well i went on media on my xbox 360 then went on meida connect,then i went throught the steps,got my code,then it said download that program from,www.xobx360.com/pcsetup,which i downloaded and run and its failed on the xbox360 config it said it cannot find a connection

Microsoft say its Piracy..... ok that makes every Ipod and every MP3 player in the world illegal! ARRGHHH why cant MS get simple little things right?

DJ

I know they dont get the simple things right.... like in the music player you cannot fast forward through the track your playing!! same as Xbox 1. MS make a dashboard update and include these silly things you have left out.

DJ

hold on....can't you connect your ipod to the xbox and play through that? Or maybe a connection to a pc to play media files?

Do you guys want to play the music during your games? or just on its own?

Either way, as its M$ anyway, a few hackers will find a way to sort you out sooner or later ;)

Yes but I dont have an Ipod Rocky, and yes you can but that involves having your PC switched on the whole time your playing the 360 which I dont want. Plus id like the ability to use my 360 as a sorta Jukebox too :)

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Yes but I dont have an Ipod Rocky, and yes you can but that involves having your PC switched on the whole time your playing the 360 which I dont want. Plus id like the ability to use my 360 as a sorta Jukebox too :)

DJ

oh ok....I'm pretty sure hackers will find a way though. They already cracked through the first security layer apparently :eh:

only1tevez said:

You do ICT.... seriously???

Anyway. While TRYING to establish a connection with your PC on your XB360, make sure you have Windows Media Connect open and on the Allowed Connections screen.

While your XBox is trying to establish a connection, it should flash up on WMC. You then click, Allow, and hey presto, your ready to go

jay666 said:
How long do demos usually take to download? sorry if it's a stupid question.

Depends on the size of the demo and how the servers are feeling on that particular day. Anything from 30 minutes to an hour and a half in my experience

wwell I have been dragging my heels on getting a HD but now have the money to get hold of one. It seems that even Importmadness have them on back order.

Anyone out there got a link to where I can get one thats isnt eBay

Back
Top Bottom