Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

cool,if i get that cable,when i connect it and put my settings on the xbox 360 to automatic,will the ip settings and everything get automatily done for me??ill try get it tomorrow

djdavedoc said:
You need a crossover cable, that cable which came with your 360 will NOT work. You can pick up a cheap Crossover cable for about £3 off amazon.

DJ

Why wont it work?

Im using the ethernet cable from my 360.

I have one end in the PC and the other in the 360. You then just share youre connection with the 360.

Its really easy. Go to your network connections, properties and click advanced....then select Share this with another device or something.

Make sure everything is on automatic on your 360.

Should work

I was gonna say the same thing. You don't need a damn crossover cable, the normal ethernet cable is fine. Providing your 360 can is on the same network as your PC it will see it. Make sure you start Media Center Connect and allow access for the 360, then allow access to whereever your files are, it should work.

Well some people seem to have problems with the official cable, I know I did.

All I did was buy a crossover cable and it was sorted. Not everyone has the same problems for some reason.

ive got me not xp i cant get the media center connect thats only for windows xp

only1tevez said:
ive got me not xp i cant get the media center connect thats only for windows xp

Can't you check before you post? How is anyone supposed to understand that?

sorry i will next time,ive got xp im going to try it again now thanks

ive got to the connection bit,at the bottom is the local area network so i click on properties then i go to advance,there is not a box to tick for sharing connection, so i go to the one by it called speedtouch, click properties then advance and it has the section to tick,so i tick it and click ok then go on my xbox 360 all on auto and it still dont work.

thanks,the ethernet cable is too big for the moden it wont fit, i just tryed it and it automatily put my ip addy in!
any other ideas??

tevez

create a new connection in the Network Connections...

follow the instructions and set it up to how you have your internet.

When its created, try going to share the connection, it SHOULD show. I had the same problem as you, with it not showing the "share" option.

Hopefully creating a new one will allow you to

thanks so much i did that and it works lol,so i downloaded the servise pack 2 but i went to download windows media connect and its always freezes so it wont let me download it can someone upload it to rapidshare.de please thanks

please help,it wont let me download the winodws media connect,please upload it for me please.
thanks

i know ME sucks lol,cheers milanista for the file :applause:

only1tevez said:
i know ME sucks

best thing youve said in all the time youve been here ;)

hopefully now youve sorted it, thanks to moi, i can kick your ass on a few games ;)

ill be on it tomoz its great,my mate is letting me borrow PGR3 so ill be online with that all week lol cheers

only1tevez said:
ill be on it tomoz its great,my mate is letting me borrow PGR3 so ill be online with that all week lol cheers

lololol cheerzzzzz!!!! lollolol cant wait i wil kick ur ass lol cheers lol

Thanks for confirming what I thought P-dogg, Being a Computer Engineer I have to deal with Direct Cable Connections quite a bit.

DJ

lol at Flawl3ss.... I just dont speak when im on Live, im too busy concentrating on avoiding twats who try and smash me out of the way deliberately.

DJ

lol,anyway i speak proper cornish lol,im good at speaking, but i type to fast and it dont sound rite.

Major update for Dashboard and games “out soon”

An inside source at Microsoft informed us that Microsoft is currently finishing off one huge update for the Xbox 360 that is going to put an end to all the common problems in both games and the system itself. It will contain fixes for all currently known lockups in games, missing or impossible to get achievements and a bunch of new functionality in the Dashboard.

The update package will be released as soon as possible via a central dashboard update. The webcam accessory is going to be released simultaneously or slightly after, because one of the Dashboard modifications is going to be camera support. Whether background downloading is another is not known yet.

All information above is subject to change until official confirmation. We will be keeping you informed of any updates of course

Link taken from Major Nelson's site, its an interesting read (well I thought so :) )

"GamesFirst has posted an article on how the Xbox 360 utilizes the DVD9 format for games. It also comments on how the DVD format is actually big enough for next gen gaming."

Link to GameFirst article

nope,i wear lacotse mostly, i wear chavy clothes but im not a chav.
ive been in plymouth today,with my mates and i trading in fifa for PGR3,fifa was ok,but i completed it,PGR3 is amazing ill be on tommorow cya then lol,if anyone wanted to know,i played ridge racer 6 its was ok but not as good as PGR3

only1tevez said:
nope,i wear lacotse mostly, i wear chavy clothes but im not a chav.

Thats like saying.."Yeah, u kno wat I mean rudebwoy?..I like wer Burberry, Reebaak klassiks and sports&soccer shiiiet...But I is no chav, ya gets me?!"

You're a chav. Don't be ashamed (well...on 2nd thoughts...)...I've got chavscum.co.uk on the ready

;)

Ridge Racer is your full on non licensed arcade racer, always has been always will be so it wont be as good as PGR3.

Im waiting for any news of a potential Forza Motorsport 2 now that on 360 would be good :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom